Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Yea I haven't been using lancelot a lot this event since CE is more important and archers make 5 even more trivial, and when I do the 30/40 I'm looking for CE+Liz usually.

After moonfest though kaleido lancelot is all I really look for ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Personally for the 5 AP I find using a NP to be kind of pointless, better to just use a Berserker or Archer and mow them down with Buster Cards. Since ideally you're not going to be picking servants with Kaleidoscopes (instead, opting for supports with the event CE) getting Lancelot up to NP 100% is going to take too long to make it worth it.

All of this will go out the window of course once you reach 3,600 dangos and can concentrate on the 30AP, of course.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got Orion from a single ticket pull but I don't play my NA account anymore. :grin:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got Orion from a single ticket pull but I don't play my NA account anymore. :grin:

No need to abandon your account just because of that one bad roll, I'm sure you'll have good luck someday.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't wait for the Kintoki banner so I can blow a 100 quartz worth of rolls and get nothing

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rolling Vlad is cool, i guess.

Stupid game.

Now, to keep plugging away at Unlimited Dango Works.

GauchoNaut2085
Oct 23, 2010
So I ran into this weird issue where my account couldn't get past the title screen and it just connected forever. Since I had my bind code, I figured I could try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if I could still play on a different account to see if it was a weird hardware issue first. I was able to start a new game but whenever I try to use my bind code it does the same constant connecting or says the servers are busy, which I know they aren't.

I was wondering if anyone has experience or a solution to this besides hoping support comes through before the event ends? I really don't want to start over thanks to how lucky I was on my rolls. I just play on my ipad so it isn't a weird emulator thing or my ipad's ability to play it.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

GauchoNaut2085 posted:

So I ran into this weird issue where my account couldn't get past the title screen and it just connected forever. Since I had my bind code, I figured I could try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if I could still play on a different account to see if it was a weird hardware issue first. I was able to start a new game but whenever I try to use my bind code it does the same constant connecting or says the servers are busy, which I know they aren't.

I was wondering if anyone has experience or a solution to this besides hoping support comes through before the event ends? I really don't want to start over thanks to how lucky I was on my rolls. I just play on my ipad so it isn't a weird emulator thing or my ipad's ability to play it.

I had something similar happen once, and the way I got around it was booting up the game, waiting for it to get stuck connecting, then turn off Wi-Fi. You'll get an error message, then you turn Wi-Fi back on and click Retry. That fixed it for me at least.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Nobody else in my friends list has a Moon Bath.

I guess that's still better than nothing. Should help with dumplings for sure.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 18, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Moon Bath feels kind of pointless IMO unless you have, like, 4 of them.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Jailer Medb's mortal weakness is cheese. I love this event.

GauchoNaut2085
Oct 23, 2010

Sophism posted:

I had something similar happen once, and the way I got around it was booting up the game, waiting for it to get stuck connecting, then turn off Wi-Fi. You'll get an error message, then you turn Wi-Fi back on and click Retry. That fixed it for me at least.

I tried that just a bit ago, It didn't work, but thanks for the assist regardless.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Using Gil supports makes me extremely salty that I didn't roll him. That FUHAHA when he Busters some poor bastard is just too good.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

You'll want to do the high AP missions at least once for the rewards, and an extra 25 or so dangos is nothing to sneeze at.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What is the best CE setup anyway? I've got Bath, Fest, and a pile of Jewels and Automatons. What about on my support list to entice people to use them?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

What is the best CE setup anyway? I've got Bath, Fest, and a pile of Jewels and Automatons. What about on my support list to entice people to use them?
If you're running the 5AP, prioritize all other non-Bath CEs unless you have a spare slot. For a support, grab someone with Moonlight Fest. Basically you're getting the bulk of dangos from the CEs and not the base.

For running anything else, it's the exact opposite. Use as many Bath CEs as possible unless you feel you need a Kaleidoscope or something to beat the harder ones.

Since I imagine people are going to be running the 5AP way more than any of the harder ones, I'd put a Moonlight Fest on your Support Archer or Berserker to entice support.

E: Assuming people collectively jump from 5AP to 30AP in the final few days of the event, it might be a good idea then to change your support Archer's CE to a Bath CE.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 18, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Bath is better than Mooncell Automaton on all difficulties, but all the others are better still.

If you have a good Lancer or Rider in your supports you might as well put Bath on those for people who are farming the 30 and 40APs for hearts or CEs.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

GauchoNaut2085 posted:

I tried that just a bit ago, It didn't work, but thanks for the assist regardless.

That really sucks dude. I hope support can hook you up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Bath is better than Mooncell Automaton on all difficulties, but all the others are better still.

If you have a good Lancer or Rider in your supports you might as well put Bath on those for people who are farming the 30 and 40APs for hearts or CEs.
Yeah now that I think about it Bath would beat Mooncell even on 5AP, since worst case scenario they are equal (+1) and best case scenario Bath could also provide +2.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

E: Assuming people collectively jump from 5AP to 30AP in the final few days of the event, it might be a good idea then to change your support Archer's CE to a Bath CE.

I don't think most people will have time for that; unless you get lucky with rolls or CE drops you cap at +7 dangos, which is only barely enough to buy the statues and fous before the event ends.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Personally I'm not even considering the fous as a target, as soon as I hit 3,600 I'm jumping ship to the 30AP because the Hearts economy in this dumb game is hosed. Any fous I can buy after the fact will be a bonus.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Nate RFB posted:

Its giving me double of what the regular reward is plus the additional from EMIYA, Cu, Mooncell Automaton and whomever my support is cuz they all have the one you grab from the store.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Man I get more golden than normal dangos on the 5AP. My heart sinks every time there's a gold chest

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cirnopedia is back up, refresh if you get the hosting page.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

a kitten posted:

My strategy for 5 AP grinding is double Waver to guarantee an AOE NP from Altera or Emiya on the last wave. So I put Fest on Waver in my Support page since that's what I want the most from other supports. People without Waver will mostly be running an extra Archer on the 5 AP quest so my second Fest i got off a random drop is on Emiya. Last is Bath on Vlad to help anyone farming the 30 AP quest.

So far, Vlad and Waver go back and forth as my most used support, so I think my setup is pretty good. I think the whales who have multiple Baths are probably farming the 30 AP quest for Hearts more than the 5 AP one.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Not sure what's the best but for comparative purposes I get +11 x 3 so that's 36 balls per run 5ap run unless I can't count.

Running 1 Goddess bath, 1 Moonlight fest, 1 moony jewel, 2 Automatons and friend Moonlight

VV seems to fluctuate a lot for me. But yeah. I think you're closer to the right average amount.

Most runs include 1 rare stack but oftentimes I get 2 normals. Rarely 3 normals.
That would represent in real terms a (12 normals + 12 from rares) baseline with an average of 24 + 6 from rares.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 18, 2017

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Not sure what's the best but for comparative purposes I get +11 x 3 so that's 36 balls per run 5ap run unless I can't count.
It seems like the average drop is for two of the stacks to be "rare" so it is likely closer to 24 in terms of the ones that matter.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Schubalts posted:

Jailer Medb's mortal weakness is cheese. I love this event.

She was killed by a piece of cheese.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Argas posted:

Yes, this is the actual legend. One of her enemies assassinated her by slinging a chunk of hard cheese at her head.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

triple rare dango drop is bad civilization

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Came across a random on the support list that had a lvl 92 Liz.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Largepotato posted:

Came across a random on the support list that had a lvl 92 Liz.

Bestowing all three currently available grails upon your wife is dedication.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Argas posted:

That's why it's great. FGO's use of every bit of lore they can is one of the best parts of the silly holiday events.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I've somehow managed to get 4 Moon Baths. Do I even really need to get the event CE? I'm doing alright gathering on my own. Or is it useful even after the event?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

New Leaf posted:

I've somehow managed to get 4 Moon Baths. Do I even really need to get the event CE? I'm doing alright gathering on my own. Or is it useful even after the event?

Does +15/20% Critical Star generation and Critical Hit Damage sound good to you?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think if you have 4 Moon Baths the 30 and 40 AP missions suddenly become the optimal Dango missions, rescuing you from an eternity in Dango Hell.

e: Moon Fest is drat good on Gilgamesh.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Dr Pepper posted:

Does +15/20% Critical Star generation and Critical Hit Damage sound good to you?

I asked because I genuinely don't know. I have a couple of Kaleidoscopes that I'd equip before using those.

Vengarr posted:

I think if you have 4 Moon Baths the 30 and 40 AP missions suddenly become the optimal Dango missions, rescuing you from an eternity in Dango Hell.

e: Moon Fest is drat good on Gilgamesh.

Yeah that's what I'm hitting right now. My team point limit at the moment is 90, so I'm having to use some 3-stars to make it work, but I'm getting by.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So what's with the 3600 target everyone mentions? Is it for the limit break on the event CE? Cause it seems like at least 50 runs to pay it off.

Also what is the best grinding one? 30 AP to go for those sweet hearts or 5 AP just to rake in the dumplings?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So what's with the 3600 target everyone mentions? Is it for the limit break on the event CE? Cause it seems like at least 50 runs to pay it off.

Also what is the best grinding one? 30 AP to go for those sweet hearts or 5 AP just to rake in the dumplings?

3600 is enough to buyout all of the pieces and monuments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

5 AP until you get all of the monuments, and 30 AP after that for hearts.