Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Arzachel posted:

Don't pop all the roa nests in Arid Lake, I learned the hard way.

on the other hand if you can kill the super rhoa with ease you can feel pretty confident in skipping up a few tiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I wish you could get a shaped pre-enraged rhoa to show up as one of the initial shaper bosses

I mean, it'd be harder than getting stuck with rigwald probably, but that rhoa deserves the recognition

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

f#a# posted:

Alright, I'm just shy of beating Act 10 with my Tornado Shot Raider (wanna do Merciless Labyrinth while I have max resistances but Izaro pretty much one-shots me) and quickly petering out, namely because from what I'm seeing, things are getting too expensive to upgrade via poe.trade.

Does anybody have any get-rich-quick schemes or notes on things I'm missing after viewing my profile? I know, "life and resistances are key," but I'm still sitting on just over 3k life even with some bonus to it in every slot.
Dodging his poo poo helps. Watch him for a while and learn when it is safe to attack. After his slams and leaps are good times.

You only have 138% increased life on your tree. Get more lifes. Most builds will have 180%+. The life rolls on your amulet, chest, rings, and gauntlets are really low too. Chest can be 100+, the others 70+. It would be easy to make better chest/gloves just just by spamming alts until you get a high life roll, regaling, and crafting on a resist.

Can't see your skill tree for whatever reason, but make sure your jewels have % life as well. Life it up.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 18, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Speaking of that rhoa,

Day 3 or 4 of the league, shaped arid lake, garbo gear gc miner. Walking through the map, clearing pretty easy so I decide to go ahead and enrage the boss. Pop all the nests, get to last one and pop it as the rhoa charges me. Start hitting her with my mines and another one comes flying in off screen. It was a twinned map :negative:

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
So what other map bosses can be played with in a similar way that the Arid Lake boss can? To do something to make the boss harder, hoping for a better loot?

I've got like 1200 hours clocked in the game and didn't know that. :doh:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Arzachel posted:

Don't pop all the roa nests in Arid Lake, I learned the hard way.

The trick is to get him to like 10% health then pop the nests

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

The boss life increase on t3s is about 5%. It isn't what's making you unable to kill the boss.

E; im off a bit on this depending on which boss. Apparently some got brought up more than others. Winged Death went from 150k to 500k life, but that's a 1 second fight to a 5 second fight. T16 bosses have 12.6 million hp for example, and the fights usually last less than a minute.

Well poo poo, really? Is that the only buffs bosses got? I guess this is just a case of placebo and building something low DPS and janky.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Get Rhoa into cull range, pop nests, cull.

Work smarter dudes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Devor posted:

Positioning your attacks is key with sunder, so I really don't like the idea of multistrike attacking random targets that might be off to the side.

Right now it's more to me that my attack speed isn't high enough, so I kind of stand there a bit lump-like while using it. Build guide I'm using seems to insist it's link #1 priority on Sunder, though. :shrug:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

kaaj posted:

So what other map bosses can be played with in a similar way that the Arid Lake boss can? To do something to make the boss harder, hoping for a better loot?

I've got like 1200 hours clocked in the game and didn't know that. :doh:

Bog also works this way (it's another rhoa). Shaped bog must be a real fucker to kill.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Doesn't the Reef boss have some gimmick with his treasure chest?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Has anyone else gotten more actual exalted orb drops then they have gotten exalted fragments from the harbingers?

Yep. I did just trade that orb for a nice Doryani's too. :hellyeah:

I thought you get the Rhoa down to zip hp, then pop all the eggs and kill it very fast? Oh, someone else agrees. Good. Good.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I get one-shot by Izaru in the final labyrinth. My resistances are capped, does anyone know what effective HP I should be going for if I'm running MoM?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Izaro does some things that will just one shot you, period.

Learn to dodge (and then learn his name)

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I find 6k will usually keep me safe on a VP berserker from uber izaro. Now, if you are letting him get a bunch of charges or something, very little will keep you safe.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ciaphas posted:

Right now it's more to me that my attack speed isn't high enough, so I kind of stand there a bit lump-like while using it. Build guide I'm using seems to insist it's link #1 priority on Sunder, though. :shrug:

It's probably true that multistrike is great from a DPS perspective, if you're facing one target like a boss, which is really all that matters since trash vaporizes anyways

But particularly while leveling, you want to keep your damage to where you're 1- or 2-shotting packs. Sunder is GREAT for this, since its damage scales with number of mobs in the pack. Skip groups of 2-3 monsters, and go whack that pack of 15 and kill them in one hit. Things that make chain explosions like Herald of Ash are good for this

If your damage is falling off, do a search on poe.trade for:
1. The weapon type you like
2. max level req = your level
3. maximum buyout = 1 alch or 1 chaos
4. pDPS (physical DPS) greater than 250 (or some arbitrary number)

Bump up the pDPS number until you're returning zero results - then walk it back down until you see a few hits. This is the best cheap weapon you can get!

You can also just look up the list of uniques on the wiki, and find one that's good for your level and search for the name. People love putting uniques up for sale, so you can usually get them for 1 alch

Keep in mind your stats and check that you can wear it, or that you're not losing int on a weapon that's going to make you unable to use skills

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Set the max buyout to 1-5c and sort by pdps

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

please knock Mom! posted:

Set the max buyout to 1-5c and sort by pdps

I am paranoid ever since I used a database that would return a random 100 results (even if thousands matched), then if you apply a sort it just sorts the 100 so you're missing the actual maximum value

If I get 5 results I trust it :colbert:

Edit: After some testing it works like you said, still makes me itch though

Devor fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 18, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's really refreshing to play a character that is all rares except two pieces (mainhand and boots). I can probably get chaos capped and still have room to play.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Vasudus posted:

It's really refreshing to play a character that is all rares except two pieces (mainhand and boots). I can probably get chaos capped and still have room to play.

Yeah; GGG has gone completely overboard on unique saturation and many players forget that many builds are perfectly fine with lots of rares, which, as you say, can lead to a lot of nice defensive payoffs!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Having lots of rares feels extremely comfortable and in my experience they keep value better

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Booyah- posted:

I get one-shot by Izaru in the final labyrinth. My resistances are capped, does anyone know what effective HP I should be going for if I'm running MoM?

Mostly you need to actively dodge his most dangerous moves: the giant overhead slam and the big spin cleave. It's also worth remembering that the Goddess's green fireballs do much more damage the further you are from Izaro, so keeping medium-close range to him is generally best.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Most of my builds only use two or three uniques tops.

Which is why I'm gonna do a Facebreaker dude at some point.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Vasudus posted:

That max block SR necro posted awhile back only requires one alch and one chaos worth of uniques. It's a fun build too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yeah it's kind of funny how this game has trained me to grimace a little when I have to use a Unique, for the most part (barring clearly insane if specialized stuff like Abyssus and Doryani's Scepter)

Also thanks for that advice on finding weapon upgrades. I've never had a good sense of what affixes/numbers make a weapon good.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Should I worry about Devoto's skyrocketing in price or anything?

nerox
May 20, 2001

please knock Mom! posted:

Having lots of rares feels extremely comfortable and in my experience they keep value better

In this crazy unique chest meta where a 6 slot Belly costs in the order of ~600C. I have been using corrupted 6L chests for my guys that I haven't paid more than 30C for.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Devor posted:

I am paranoid ever since I used a database that would return a random 100 results (even if thousands matched), then if you apply a sort it just sorts the 100 so you're missing the actual maximum value

If I get 5 results I trust it :colbert:

Edit: After some testing it works like you said, still makes me itch though

Either you or your DBA must have been terrible at SQL coding.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Good Lord how do you even deal with the Villa trapper boss now. I just need him once for the Atlas, but at 70 his panoply of trapping murder and debuffs melt me. Sometimes Stony the Stone Golem eats a few but mostly nah. Topaz Flasks?

Also GGG put a Blasphemer Grip on him... thanks :birddrugs:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ciaphas posted:

Build guide I'm using seems to insist it's link #1 priority on Sunder, though. :shrug:
i havent run the numbers or anything but melee phys and conc effect seem more important to me

at lower levels if you are using 2h leveling uniques (wideswing, reapers pursuit, etc) for sunder you dont even need multistrike because you just one shot packs and 2 shot rares (or hit once and let the bleed kill them honestly. all the free bleed damage now is so nice)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Either you or your DBA must have been terrible at SQL coding.

You're assuming it was SQL. There are some weird databases out there.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Should I worry about Devoto's skyrocketing in price or anything?

devotos are common enough that they generally drop in price to the point where they get tough to sell even for a c or two at the end of the league.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dely Apple posted:

Good Lord how do you even deal with the Villa trapper boss now. I just need him once for the Atlas, but at 70 his panoply of trapping murder and debuffs melt me. Sometimes Stony the Stone Golem eats a few but mostly nah. Topaz Flasks?

Also GGG put a Blasphemer Grip on him... thanks :birddrugs:

ignore the map and murk her when you're 80? some builds def can't do some maps on-level

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

it's a girl????

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Goa Tse-tung posted:

ignore the map and murk her when you're 80? some builds def can't do some maps on-level

That's what I'll do. It's just extra unhelpful to have him with changed to be so full of HP AND stunlocking AND he reads really bad internet poetry at you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Awesome! posted:

i havent run the numbers or anything but melee phys and conc effect seem more important to me

at lower levels if you are using 2h leveling uniques (wideswing, reapers pursuit, etc) for sunder you dont even need multistrike because you just one shot packs and 2 shot rares (or hit once and let the bleed kill them honestly. all the free bleed damage now is so nice)

yeah I'm gonna get a Cauterizer tonight, and I'll change around my gems. Didn't even consider that inc aoe/conc effect would affect Sunder, but I guess that makes sense.

I'll try melee phys, conc effect, and... i forget, is Added Fire a MORE or do I need to use Maim or the other new one for that

(edit) actually is conc effect usable while clearing packs or does it reduce the gouge/explosions too much?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 18, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So when it comes to a basic duel-welding sunder marauder are my options between taking Resolute Technique for a cheaper and easier build or going for more crit which is ultimately more powerful but harder to gear and more expensive?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ciaphas posted:

(edit) actually is conc effect usable while clearing packs or does it reduce the gouge/explosions too much?
it makes the explosions smaller but not the main line

for my 4th link i was using chance to bleed since it gives flat phys too but switched it for brutality when i got that. i still have chance to bleed on hit from the axe wheel.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pierson posted:

So when it comes to a basic duel-welding sunder marauder are my options between taking Resolute Technique for a cheaper and easier build or going for more crit which is ultimately more powerful but harder to gear and more expensive?

Yes. Don't forget with crit you also need accuracy. Having a 90% crit chance means poo poo if your accuracy is 40%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

whypick1 posted:

Yes. Don't forget with crit you also need accuracy. Having a 90% crit chance means poo poo if your accuracy is 40%.
I'm only really gonna make a single character per league so I guess I'll just go with the crit one then and hope.