Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
^

E: aw c'mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

owned

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Space Flower posted:

^

E: aw c'mon

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i still don't get what people don't see in the first two eps of kemofure. the show owns from the very first "please dont eat meeeeee"

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

dogsicle posted:

demi-chan may or may not also push your creepy buttons, because the teacher is kind of an idiot about the outward appearance of his relationships with the girls

Don't be scared off. Demi-Chan's heart is in the right place. I'm not saying the tone is always perfect, but I'm willing to forgive a little :japan: for such a heartfelt, charming show.

Speaking personally, as a dude who's been dealing with disabling chronic pain for a couple years, I was impressed by the light touch with which it approaches the idea of disability.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
seriously though watch yama no susume if you want a good bite-sized relaxing adventurey sol thing without any kind of weird stuff. the first season is a pretty fun super short thing you can blow through in like an hour, and the second season is one of the greatest shows ever created by human hands

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

here's all the 2017 animes I've seen this year:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^You should check out ACCA 13 and the second season of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Eela6 posted:

Don't be scared off. Demi-Chan's heart is in the right place. I'm not saying the tone is always perfect, but I'm willing to forgive a little :japan: for such a heartfelt, charming show.

Speaking personally, as a dude who's been dealing with disabling chronic pain for a couple years, I was impressed by the light touch with which it approaches the idea of disability.

i watched the whole thing and honestly the anime added stuff that made it even weirder to get through compared to the manga. also I'm not that big of a fan of what the show ended up being that I'd push people to go beyond their discomfort for a nebulous payoff.

I'm glad that it was relatable and enjoyable for others though.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

homeless snail posted:

here's all the 2017 animes I've seen this year:

post the 2017 animes you watched in 2015

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I've never watched Flip Flappers while high on painkillers but I imagine it's probably pretty good. Painkiller guy, watch Flip Flappers.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Space Flower posted:

post the 2017 animes you watched in 2015
I watched rakugo when it was called joshiraku

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oh wow,

StandardVC10 posted:

I've never watched Flip Flappers while high on painkillers but I imagine it's probably pretty good. Painkiller guy, watch Flip Flappers.

This.

Do this.

And livepost it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Watch it sober imo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Watch it sober imo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dilbert is a living cautionary tale about watching anime while hosed up

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Aria the Animation is probably good to watch if you need cheering up and are also high as gently caress :coffeepal:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

homeless snail posted:

I watched rakugo when it was called joshiraku

Heh... I hope you know you enjoyed that show the wrong way

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the next and final anime I'm going to enjoy, is where I stare directly at the sun during the solar eclipse

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

the next and final anime I'm going to enjoy, is where I stare directly at the sun during the solar eclipse

I thiught about driving to where the best spot for it will be in my state, but eh. I got work that day and maybe I can see it well enough from there.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

dogsicle posted:

i watched the whole thing and honestly the anime added stuff that made it even weirder to get through compared to the manga. also I'm not that big of a fan of what the show ended up being that I'd push people to go beyond their discomfort for a nebulous payoff.

I'm glad that it was relatable and enjoyable for others though.

Fair enough. What was the anime-only stuff you're talking about?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Eela6 posted:

Fair enough. What was the anime-only stuff you're talking about?

they padded the "date," so it was most if not all of the episode it took place in. it stands out as one of those situations a teacher really shouldn't put themselves in. it was also like episode 2 or 3, where people maybe don't know fully what the show is doing and the relationships really aren't established to the level that you'd expect student and teacher to hang out outside school.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

chumbler posted:

I thiught about driving to where the best spot for it will be in my state, but eh. I got work that day and maybe I can see it well enough from there.

Jesus

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

dogsicle posted:

they padded the "date," so it was most if not all of the episode it took place in. it stands out as one of those situations a teacher really shouldn't put themselves in. it was also like episode 2 or 3, where people maybe don't know fully what the show is doing and the relationships really aren't established to the level that you'd expect student and teacher to hang out outside school.

Oh yeah, that one was weird. I'd forgotten about that.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Watch it sober imo

Good anime deserves sobriety.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The estimates I heard are something like a million people are expected to come and hotel rooms in the area are going for like 1000 a night if you try to get there early to avoid being stuck on the highway.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

chumbler posted:

The estimates I heard are something like a million people are expected to come and hotel rooms in the area are going for like 1000 a night if you try to get there early to avoid being stuck on the highway.

I hope your state isn't Missouri because that's where I'm heading

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

this is pretty much every town in the totality zone, RIP you

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I live in the totality zone and I am ready to die

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Oregon here. I think I'm in the 95% region or something like that, but considering covering the last 1% is something like 10,000 times darker, it may not be too noticeable.

DoubleDonut posted:

Good luck in Dracula's castle. Take some pictures.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 19, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DoubleDonut posted:

ah a totalitarian

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

homeless snail posted:

are you dead yet

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

homeless snail posted:

ah a totalitarian

ah gently caress

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

im not gonna save pictures of testicular obliteration

you've never saved one of your selfies?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dryzen posted:

ah gently caress
welcome to the total gently caress zone

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Maidragon sucks rear end and whoever in Kyoani had the idea to animate it should be flayed alive

this is you, being wrong forever

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

If you're in the path of it at all you'll be perfectly happy, i think.

Also you won't have to deal with traffic. Except it'll probably still affect you since it's predicted to be the single largest voluntary migration of people in history.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I live in one of the really good spots and we have no infrastructure to deal with the enormous herd of people expected to come through. I hope most of them go somewhere else.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
(I'm about 5ish hours from totality and no way in hell am i driving down there.
And I'm a planetary science grad student)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also ganbatte donut and burrito.

May the frothing masses not feast upon your tastiness.

• Locked thread