Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

UHD posted:

what is it with the suck zone and taking the piss out of wizards

/me puts on wizard robe and hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Star Wars is boring and overrated.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
harry potter ruined wizardry. used to be about the beards and staves.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

harry potter ruined wizardry. used to be about the beards and staves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpgQSbwnWD0

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8fxrX-YidM

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

https://youtu.be/xMOJNKzj5tI

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_smd9SMQNCk

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jazerus posted:

no that's what they did in the old eu and it was really stupid

I have a vague memory of some old EU book where there was a dude who practiced the rainbow side the force, and this allowed him to teleport things or something.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I don't normally click on youtube links but i am glad I made an exception for this one

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Ytlaya posted:

I have a vague memory of some old EU book where there was a dude who practiced the rainbow side the force, and this allowed him to teleport things or something.

In the black fleet crisis trilogy, they introduced a force-like thing I think was called "the current" which was one of the dumbest elements of some seriously bad books.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the jedi are terrible

darth vader is cool

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_r_dWenKhk

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I feel old cus I remember being linked this back in college when it came out

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

it should have stopped with A New Hope

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

knights of the old republic 2 was good

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

In KOTOR 2 though grey side jedi Kreia ended up manipulating and killing both Jedi and Sith

And this turned out to be a good thing because the Jedi council were centrist scum that sat with a thumb up their rear end while the galaxy burned due to a foreign invasion

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

In KOTOR 2 though grey side jedi Kreia ended up manipulating and killing both Jedi and Sith

And this turned out to be a good thing because the Jedi council were centrist scum that sat with a thumb up their rear end while the galaxy burned due to a foreign invasion

i thought she was actually evil and only pretended to be in betweeny

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lastgirl posted:

oh so they're the fatarses with the donuts, the sheetcakes and loads o corncobs tae insert in their arsepipe while fit as fk antifa knock out some scrawny nazi nerdlingers as part of an extensive and elabor8 cardiovascular regime???

checks out :o:

As a skinny fat nerdlinger, I am proud to have swole antifa comrades protecting me from physical violence while I shitpost online. :)

You watch the streets, I'll watch the tweets

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

she didn't hate the jedi or sith explicitly, she hated the concept of the force itself

I guess that makes her a centrist or something idk

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Trigger should make their take off an anime Star Wars.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

UHD posted:

she didn't hate the jedi or sith explicitly, she hated the concept of the force itself

I guess that makes her a centrist or something idk

idk hating the concept of "some people are born as magical space wizards that are way more powerful than everyone else and also maybe there's no free will" sounds pretty radical

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's really good, and the prequels were right about everything

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In the black fleet crisis trilogy, they introduced a force-like thing I think was called "the current" which was one of the dumbest elements of some seriously bad books.

where's the white fleet

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

kreia wanted to cut all life off from the force because she saw it as a malevolent god playing with toys and stripping all beings of true free will

(she isn't wrong and the only reason she seems evil to most star wars nerds is because they're children who love the idea of the force)

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 23:58 on Aug 18, 2017

Pinbacker
May 7, 2007
But if we give up the force how will we enforce our ideology on lesser beings

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

https://twitter.com/PineyMcknuckle/status/898241800833576961

A nude hope

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

BeetleBorgs were better

ill check out both i guess!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

power rangers are v egalitarian, there are countless ways to access the morphin grid ranging from ninja magic to space bullshit to sunglasses

all you need to be a power ranger is a love of justice and a willingness to find the morphin medium that is right for you

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
folks i just had an epiphany

what if activist culture, like academic culture, is bad

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

only thru the union can they form the mega zord

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

deadgoon posted:

folks i just had an epiphany

what if activist culture, like academic culture, is bad

ima stop you right there dedgun because i think you're wrong and culture is in fact the bad part

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

deadgoon posted:

the jedi are terrible

darth vader is cool

The only good part of the predictable Rogue One movie was the part in which Vader destroys a whole hallway's worth of militant leftists.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

The only good part of the predictable Rogue One movie was the part in which Vader destroys a whole hallway's worth of militant leftists.

that wasn't the left

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So this thread has confirmed that Star Wars is Centrist focused. As is Harry Potter. Little Witch Academia and Kill La Kill are Leftist focused. I'm trying to figure out where other nerdy series lie such as The Lord of the Rings and One Piece. :thunk:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

UHD posted:

what is it with the suck zone and taking the piss out of wizards

wizards are poo poo mate

they've been poo poo since d&d and harry potter was the last nail in that lovely coffin

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I will fight the next wizard I meet

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

wizards use charisma as a dumpstat so its no wonder ppl dont like them

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Squizzle posted:

power rangers are v egalitarian, there are countless ways to access the morphin grid ranging from ninja magic to space bullshit to sunglasses

all you need to be a power ranger is a love of justice and a willingness to find the morphin medium that is right for you

my morphin medium is shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

deadgoon posted:

that wasn't the left

it's a parable of what happens when two theocracies go to war

basically about the iraq iran conflict

• Locked thread