Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Fitzy Fitz posted:

So there's basically no chance of an upswing with this administration, right? It's only going to continue to get more dysfunctional, alienated, and insular. If we're looking at 3.5 more years of decline, just how bad can we realistically expect it to get? At this point I wouldn't be that surprised if, maybe a year from now, Trump just said gently caress It and went golfing and never came back.

At this stage it is highly unlikely the administration survives until November, let alone another 3.5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 18, 2017

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Comstar posted:

Prediction: Muller goes through everyone in the White House and at the end calls Donald J Trump to the stand. With no one to help him, he talks his way into YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH and resigns the next day. President Pence pardons him for all crimes and Trump lives his life without going to Jail and no one else is held accountable.

The movie made of it has a all star cast and wins Best Picture.

Somehow I doubt that the new president pardoning someone for (potentially) treason, money laundering, lying under oath, human trafficking and kiddy diddling would go over well with his Christian evangelical base. If Trump gets impeached it's over for the republican party for at least four years.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Shifty Pony posted:

This made me smile. He's gonna go right back to driving a wedge between the tea party folks and the establishment GOP. Has he or Breitbart expressed any strong feeling about tax reform proposals?

That letterhead is messing with me a bit. Like I think incorporating the first two initials in the surname is a promising and creative idea, but the execution is just off.

it looks like those old CK calvin klein shirts that were loving everywhere in the nineties.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

unironically: alex jones is an artist let him do him

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Covok posted:

200 loving TWITTER LINKS.

:allbuttons:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Kale posted:

No offense but have you seen the guy that's supposed to be President. He maybe tried the whole governing pretense for a few months. He's been full on flipping his poo poo and dropped any and all pretense ever since the healthcare thing as he realizes he can't just flip his poo poo and suddenly they come back and try to vote on their goddamn terrible repeal bill again. He can bitch at McConnell all he wants, it's just not gonna happen and he seems to think that's how things get done in government because that's how his lovely mom and pop company worked.

I mean yeah that's basically what I'm saying. But the healthcare vote wasn't even 3 weeks ago. It's only been since then that he's really turned on Republicans, lost his councils, fired multiple top WH staff, and supported a Nazi rally. He was poo poo before that, but it's gotten especially bad in the last month.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Jesus Christ Covok do not post 200 loving tweets at once

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Infrastructure is going to have its own loving textbooks in 100 years with how much poo poo happened in such a short time.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Holy poo poo. Hell hath frozen over.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Covok, Jesus Christ, that is crashing my computer.

Kale posted:

Does he still go "Borkborkborkbork"? This is important

No, they hired a proper swede to do his lines now.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Ban Covok Now

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
For the first time, I'm actually glad the proxy I use to circumvent the firewall at work only shows twitter links instead of actually embedding the tweet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

aware of dog posted:

There was a lot of poo poo we missed:
-neo-nazi protest overseas
-neo-nazi protest in Durham with full militia men that were stopped by a spontenous counter-protest
-Banon is already chairing meetings at Briebart and has said he's going to war
-more statutes taken down
-more statues defaced
-conservative pushback is being successfully shutdown in the media so it looks like even more statues will come down (halleuha!)

Maybe it was a lot at once. Should have probably thrown out the jokes ones I threw in for levity.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Office Pig posted:

Ban Covok Now

I'm really glad I didn't open this page on my phone as it would have eaten through my already over-used monthly data. It is however murdering my Chrome browser right now. like a full minute before it'd take input again.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

its a bannable offense, covok, and i reccommend its immediate deletion icant even type because its lagging my computer

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Shut up Covok.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

aware of dog posted:

:laffo:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
loving LOL at infrastructure week. What a god drat disaster.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

You do realize loading 200 twitter links at once will crash browsers (especially mobile ones) right? It's why I limit my tweet dumps to like 40 at most, and try not to post them on the same page.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Twitter Links

Covok
May 27, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

You do realize posting 200 twitter links at once will crash browsers (especially mobile ones) right? It's why I limit my tweet dumps to like 40 at most, and try not to post them on the same page.

I actually was not aware of that. Explains why people are talking about the links and not their contents.

Edit: That should make it better.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Haha I like how Covok's response to getting yet another prediction wrong is to try and bury it by breaking the Trump thread with tweets

mod sassinator posted:

loving LOL at infrastructure week. What a god drat disaster.

Our infrastructure is so bad we can't handle the tweets!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Shareblue's veracity is questionable.

That said, they've planted their feet firmly in potentially actually libelous material on this one, so...?

Not too much in the libel, at least for Steve himself. He's very much a public figure so he'd have to prove that they published the info maliciously to actually have a libel case.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

I actually was not aware of that. Explains why people are talking about the links and not their contents.

Drop a :nms: tag so the tweets don't load in the interim and then edit it down in notepad. (NMS prevents tweet loading)

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

...was there even anything done on infrastructure during infrastructure week? i didn't watch the press conference Monday, and the questions afterward rightfully dominated whatever the hell he said

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

You do realize loading 200 twitter links at once will crash browsers (especially mobile ones) right? It's why I limit my tweet dumps to like 40 at most, and try not to post them on the same page.

Yes, well, you're a responsible citizen.

Fun related fact: trying to reply to a post causes the tweets to try to load again. :stonk:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Drop a :nms: tag so the tweets don't load in the interim and then edit it down in notepad.

I think I'll just put it back in 40 tweet chucks.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Covok posted:

Here's something they probably didn't teach you in accounting: if you gish gallop 200 things at people no one will remember even 10 of them.

poo poo, this is even a lesson of 2016. No one remembers long rear end lists even if they are theoretically good poo poo

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm thinking the first time Brietbart truly hits Trump hard enough for him to respond, all he has to do is call them "fake news" and his sheep will back him up.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Moatman posted:

Not too much in the libel, at least for Steve himself. He's very much a public figure so he'd have to prove that they published the info maliciously to actually have a libel case.

Huh, fair point. Maybe his (ex?) wife might have an interesting case?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

PenguinKnight posted:

...was there even anything done on infrastructure during infrastructure week? i didn't watch the press conference Monday, and the questions afterward rightfully dominated whatever the hell he said

Covok seems to have streamlined his brain-to-post pipeline?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Covok don't do tweet storm posts like that. Just don't. We already have one person who is doing it and half of the tweets you are posting have already been posted in here. We need to keep the signal to noise ratio at least somewhat reasonable.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Holy poo poo I can post again

Mordaedil posted:

Covok, Jesus Christ, that is crashing my computer.

No, they hired a proper swede to do his lines now.

Und furst der Linken go to der templen getten der crystallen fur waken der Prinzessin Zelden a borkborkborkbork

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Ice Phisherman posted:

Somehow I doubt that the new president pardoning someone for (potentially) treason, money laundering, lying under oath, human trafficking and kiddy diddling would go over well with his Christian evangelical base. If Trump gets impeached it's over for the republican party for at least four years.

Huh? The Christian evangelical base approves of everything he's said and done. The Christian evangelical base approves of treason, money laundering, lying under oath, human trafficking and kiddy diddling if it's done by the republican party and it's office holders. They also approve of adultery, sexual assault, being a Nazi sympathiser and membership of the KKK.

That one pastor who quit only did that TODAY. After everything that's known about Trump. They will never abandon him (for a Democrat).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

Here's something they probably didn't teach you in accounting: if you gish gallop 200 things at people no one will remember even 10 of them.

poo poo, this is even a lesson of 2016. No one remembers long rear end lists even if they are theoretically good poo poo

Beg pardon, that's no poo poo a common way less stupid people try to get away with accounting fraud! :v:

Edit: in this particular, exact, specific case I wasn't calling Covok stupid, I was comparing boxes of accounting criminals

Covok
May 27, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

If we're going to talk about accounting, I'm going to say that, while they tell you to keep your messages to executives to a maximum of 1 paragraph because they won't read a sentence more, they very much prepare you to do the opposite of what you suggested since it's your job to see 1000 things at once and sort it all out.

berserker posted:

Covok don't do tweet storm posts like that. Just don't. We already have one person who is doing it and half of the tweets you are posting have already been posted in here. We need to keep the signal to noise ratio at least somewhat reasonable.

Alright, I'll just let PPJ do it.

Anyway, it looks like the spin on briebart is in full effect. "populist hero" is being thrown around as his new title. I can only imagine where this is going.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
How about nobody posts long-rear end lists of irrelevant twitter bullshit? That'd be good.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
To be a complete nerd, a gish gallop is used when presenting arguments, not when posting information or news.

But yeah I zoned out after like the 50th link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rime posted:

How about nobody posts long-rear end lists of irrelevant twitter bullshit? That'd be good.

If this is an indirect swipe at PPJ I would like to be the first to suggest that you be hurled out a proverbial window.

• Locked thread