Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I am so incredibly excited to see how Garrison deals with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Did Garrison somehow confuse Steve Bannon with, like, Race Bannon?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

My favorite detail is the strong jawline he gave Jared Kushner for some reason.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Continuing the tradition

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I remember this one! It gave us Lumy, the Li'l Illuminati Pyramid! :3:

I also love the random labeled sack of money and bomb. That's the deft hand of cartooning that we've come to expect from Ben Garrison.

e: I know the comparison between Garrison and the New Frontiersman cartoon from Watchmen has been made before, but wow, this one in particular could be its long-lost brother.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 18, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

DaveWoo posted:

My favorite detail is the strong jawline he gave Jared Kushner for some reason.

Kushner did the fusion dance with Jay Leno.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Better start preparing for president Pence Pants :pants:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Abyssal Squid posted:

We get Some Gizmo signal!

Not pictured: kids using their gizmos to find out the best time and place to observe the eclipse, buy protective glasses for it, find out how to take pictures of it, organize viewing parties, etc

Like holy poo poo, without the internet and smartphones most people probably wouldn't even know there was an eclipse coming up.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

"I may be a nazi, but you're a FAT QUEER!"

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Marlette with an uncharacteristically progressive message.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Marlette has been so milquetoast for so long that it's really kind of shocking to see the last week of his cartoons.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is it me, or does Bors' Trump get more hideous with each cartoon?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

So Latuff is identifying with Travis Bickle and picturing assaulting the president? He's not in love with an underage actress by any chance?

rydiafan posted:

They aren't trying to cleanse history, you shitheel, they're trying to cease the glorification of the ugly parts of it. There's a difference between pretending the Civil War never happened and stressing that the people who owned human beings were wrong.

We really need to rebrand these statues as "propaganda" rather than history. After all, they were built decades after the Civil War during periods where fights over Jim Crow and integration were at their peaks. Are there any contemporaneous statements of officials dedicating the statues and saying things like "this will be a reminder to our Negro population not to get uppity?" It seems like there must be.

loquacius posted:

Someone defaced a Christopher Columbus statue in Boston yesterday, as a very direct way of saying "hey everybody I think this statue should come down as well"

and on the one hand it's like, he wasn't a Confederate, and on the other hand it's like, yes it should come down anyway though

I was proud to spit on the Columbus statue in Baltimore.

Erenthal posted:

Nazis are clamoring for violence and genocide. One of their own acts on their rhetoric and murders a woman. All the nazis are uncomfortable at this and protest their innocence.

I mean, it's a pretty basic joke?

To quote the old Freep thread title, "The Revolution will be Denounced as a False Flag."

Steve Bannon looks like Andrew Jackson in this one. I know Garrison loves to buff up his heroes, but come on.

Also, we need a Gay Abortion this year for "worst eclipse toon."

toanoradian posted:

I agree.

Speaking of structures of USA's racist past, I wonder if eventually they're going to rename things named after Confederacy as well. I don't see street names being changed, but maybe some important buildings?

The protest against the Lee statue being removed in Charlottesville was also protesting the same city changing the name "Robert E. Lee Park" to "Emancipation Park." Lots of other cities with similar named parks are changing them as well.

The thing that bothers be most is there's no way the word "country" could have fit on the piece of the statue he broke off.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pants Donkey posted:

I think the white lips are something that developed over the last year.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
He's also getting more visibly bald, and sweating more-flopsweaty even.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

JerikTelorian posted:

I am so incredibly excited to see how Garrison deals with this one.

:siren:Let's bet on Ben's sizzling hot take re: Bannon's firing!:siren:

1. the swamp won
2. he's not FIRED he's NOT FIRED HES GOIUNG BACJK 2 BRTIETBRAT WHERE HE CNAN BE UNLEASHED IN HISD FIGTH AGISANST GLOBALSISTS!!!!
3. wow Trump really has the MSM's heads SPINNING over this one!!
4. did you hear that manly man trump scared away leftist bully kim jong un... did you... hear about it...

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

:siren:Let's bet on Ben's sizzling hot take re: Bannon's firing!:siren:

1. the swamp won
2. he's not FIRED he's NOT FIRED HES GOIUNG BACJK 2 BRTIETBRAT WHERE HE CNAN BE UNLEASHED IN HISD FIGTH AGISANST GLOBALSISTS!!!!
3. wow Trump really has the MSM's heads SPINNING over this one!!
4. did you hear that manly man trump scared away leftist bully kim jong un... did you... hear about it...

Probably 2

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Despera posted:

Probably 2

Yeah he hasn't posted any cartoons but the alt-right noise he's retweeted suggests it's "ho-HO, libs are going to regret this!!!"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Trump is secretly The Phantom Blot?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Garrison toon: Bannon heroically walking off into the sunset while Trump salutes him from the Whitehouse with a single manly tear rolling down his cheek. MSM cackles in the distance, but Bannon smirks and thinks to himself "now the real fight begins".

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

OldTennisCourt posted:

I like how Lester had to cram a gay joke in there too.

"loving libs wanna take down our statues, BET THEY WEAR MAKEUP AND LOOK AND TALK LIKE QUEERS TOO loving LIBS"
Gotta say you're jumping the gun with this. (Women are known to wear makeup and fashion FYI.)

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Gazpacho posted:

Gotta say you're jumping the gun with this. (Women are known to wear makeup and fashion FYI.)

On the other hand, rainbow tie.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pants Donkey posted:

It's not yet as terrifying as Lubchansky's. I mean... yikes.

This one is so Bill Day it hurts.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Gazpacho posted:

He's never drawn a female donkey, best as I recall.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gazpacho posted:

If there wasn't a raft of transphobic cartoons where transwomen were depicted in that manner and the donkey had literally any female sexual characteristics other than makeup, I'd agree with you.

But this one doesn't even have rall-rear end titties.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SexyBlindfold posted:

:siren:Let's bet on Ben's sizzling hot take re: Bunion's firing!:siren:

1. the swamp won
3. wow Chimp really has the MSM's heads SPINNING over this one!!

Probably 2 or 3, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an attack on Heather's character also. That's how he operates.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

He's never drawn a female donkey, best as I recall.

Yea, I think the same. And even if it wasn't a crossdressing/gay joke it's definitely "Lol woman politician wants to redecorate instead of doing important manly political things" so he can gently caress right off no matter what his message is.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Jurgan posted:

So Latuff is identifying with Travis Bickle and picturing assaulting the president? He's not in love with an underage actress by any chance?

De Niro is a pretty outspoken critic of Trump, and yesterday was his birthday. Latuff even wished him Happy B-day in the accompanying tweet. That's it.

I guess he could've went with Jimmy from Goodfellas, Jake LaMotta, Young Vito Corleone, Rupert Pupkin, Al Capone, or any other of the numerous positive characters he's famous for, but Bickle has the catchiest line.

frankenfreak posted:

It's not yet as terrifying as Lubchansky's. I mean... yikes.

I'm partial to Eli Valley's Jabba/Brundlefly creation.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Ularg posted:

Yea, I think the same. And even if it wasn't a crossdressing/gay joke it's definitely "Lol woman politician wants to redecorate instead of doing important manly political things" so he can gently caress right off no matter what his message is.

It's also an implication that locals don't actually want those statues gone, it's just foreign outside agitators! Please ignore that the neo-nazis we know of came from outside the state, but so many of the counter-protestors were local.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Has garrison gotten cancer (preferably a really painful kind) yet?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

:perfect:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Sandpuppy posted:

B-But...drones?

What the gently caress is happening here. Why does the left arm have two elbows

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Garrison toon: Bannon heroically walking off into the sunset while Trump salutes him from the Whitehouse with a single manly tear rolling down his cheek. MSM cackles in the distance, but Bannon smirks and thinks to himself "now the real fight begins".

Throw some Globalists and (((George Soros))) in there, and I think this is exactly how it'll play out.

Edit: Oh and the Deep State, can't forget the Deep State

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

poo poo is so chaotic and moving so quickly that cartoonists have the luxury to pick and choose what they draw about. If Garrison wants to avoid any cartoons about Charlottesville, he can, because there's cartoons on Bannon or the economic council that abandoned Trump in a hurry. The instant an uncomfortable story break, there's bound to be something new that allows rear end in a top hat to avoid talking about it without looking like a Fox News headline during a Nazi rally.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump and Confederate statues – Donald Trump lamented the removal of ‘beautiful statues and monuments’ commemorating the Confederacy, saying that he was sad to see America’s history and culture ‘ripped apart’ by efforts to move the memorials"

Independent:

Steve Bannon brands far right 'losers' and contradicts Trump in surprise interview

Times:

A-level results show rise in top grades despite tougher exams

Evening Standard:

Cambrils: five terror suspects killed as second attack follows Las Ramblas

Mail:
MAC ON... A-Level results

'Talking about child geniuses, our Kevin should be down in a minute to tell us his A level results.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pants Donkey posted:

poo poo is so chaotic and moving so quickly that cartoonists have the luxury to pick and choose what they draw about. If Garrison wants to avoid any cartoons about Charlottesville, he can, because there's cartoons on Bannon or the economic council that abandoned Trump in a hurry. The instant an uncomfortable story break, there's bound to be something new that allows rear end in a top hat to avoid talking about it without looking like a Fox News headline during a Nazi rally.
...and that why Trump is a genius playing thirteen-dimensional chess still.[/pol]

• Locked thread