Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tim Whatley posted:

FWIW I have a lot more faith in the Boston rally because it sounds like our cops aren't taking any poo poo at all. Obviously it's on the news a lot here. Every single person to enter the park is getting checked for weapons and there's a huge barricade between the assholes in the center, then a ring of cops, then counter protestors. But lots of folks are understandably still on edge.

I am glad to hear they're taking a lot of effort to keep things safe. I do worry a little bit though. Even if you take away that weapons, they killed that woman with a car. What's stopping them from doing so? They can still very easily do that. And that's the real Danger.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Almost like it's a

Ladder

I don't get it. Your definitely referencing something, but what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Bondii posted:

I do a lot of lurking in this thread and easily the best part is every time Covok tries to do something positive (his version of positive), fucks it up, and gets yelled at. I hope he is never Bannoned-- err-- banned.

The guy seems to mean no harm but I'm fastly understanding why he has such an unpopular reputation here between the defeatism style of posting and ill advised decisions like embedding 200 random twitter posts all at the same time so it hangs people's browsers. :3: There's far far worse posters out there on the internet though and I'd take a Covok over generic blithering meme spewing shitposter #57,568. The latter wouldn't last long on SA forums anyway though I imagine.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Hahah holy poo poo nice one SPD.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

CommieGIR posted:

"Are we the baddies?"

We have skulls on our hats.

quote:

I don't get it. Your definitely referencing something, but what?

Ladder theory maybe?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ice Phisherman posted:

Ladder theory maybe?

Game of Thrones.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There is a Confederate monuments or civil war monument in Chicago but it's dedicated to the 5000 Confederate soldiers that died in a POW camp here and really just kind of built out of shame of what happened.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Covok posted:

In all seriousness, are the accelerationist right? I mean, we went full crazy and now all the statues are being taken down, a lot of the defense of the Confederacy is being shut down, there is tons of pushback from the business world, techworld, in general population against the right, and ObamaCare is more popular than it's ever been with many demanding Universal Health Care. I could go on, but it sounds like going full crazy helped a lot.

It's not accellerationism can't work, it's that it involves a lot of suffering of vulnerable people, and the people who advocate for it are usually not the ones doing that suffering.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jaxyon posted:

It's not accellerationism can't work, it's that it involves a lot of suffering of vulnerable people, and the people who advocate for it are usually not the ones doing that suffering.

Yeah, you won't find many African American accelerationists for example. Tons of college aged white people though.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jaxyon posted:

That does make sense. Thinking back on it, I do believe that was my earlier stance. It's just so weird. Trump taking power was terrible and what's happened is awful, but it's actually broken the stagnation. I can't help but feel if we got Kasich or Cruz then nothing would have changed and we be even worse off.

Covok fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 19, 2017

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
Chode that attended a hate rally, complains about "the composition of our country" is surprised to get hate right back at him...

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/898601973934465024

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

Nazis have a list of all the stuff they've been kicked off/banned from/or account closed so far (spoiler its a LEFTIST CONSPIRACY :tinfoil)

Weren't some of those shut down by the people themselves? (like in Chris Cantwell's case, shutting down his FB page)

Regardless, seeing this list, my penis can only get so erect.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm trying to process the fact that the GOP seems to have less control of the narrative because they're in power. Not to say that they're not doing heinous poo poo in the background but Trump really does seem to be ruining their control of the narrative at all, which to PJs credit seems like a fine way to gently caress up some Narrativists

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That'll do pig.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bogatyr posted:

Chode that attended a hate rally, complains about "the composition of our country" is surprised to get hate right back at him...

Those rude "people" in class told me I was an rear end in a top hat! ME! I am their better and they didn't even give ME the sex I SHOULD GET IN COLLEGE. MY FATHER GOT ME IN HERE and they treat ME like THIS!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

Wait until Trump is completely gone before we do the analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nlOIsHUCu0

It does seem like people are at least starting to consider Obama's commentary during one of the last speeches he gave an one that really stuck with me as I was watching it and has made me consider a lot of the past year especially. All he really did was posit the question of where all this divise rhetoric and vitriol gets us, but he did it in that uniquely Obama way that cuts right to the heart of the matter. Guy often had a point and was great at keeping it concise.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 19, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

RuanGacho posted:

I'm trying to process the fact that the GOP seems to have less control of the narrative because they're in power. Not to say that they're not doing heinous poo poo in the background but Trump really does seem to be ruining their control of the narrative at all, which to PJs credit seems like a fine way to gently caress up some Narrativists

I mean you can't exactly control the narrative when the guy in charge randomly goes against your spin and does the worst possible answer in the universe.

I mean, he literally just had to condemn White supremacists. And he was able to do it for one day. But his first attempt was terrible and blamed both sides. And his second attempt was ruined by him walking it all back and taking a poo poo on stage while giving the moralauthority to Nazis. Like, that loving ruins any attempt to spin this poo poo.

If Trump was as competent as Bill Clinton, when Healthcare failed he would say they were just going to keep working on it. Then let it quietly die and let people forget about it. Instead, he starts shiting on the guy in charge and keeps bringing it up even though the guy in charge wants to move on quietly. And then we'll likely bring it up again even after the window for reconciliation is passed.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pro-click. Too bad the video cuts off before the whole list is read.

loving finally. I wonder if any others will bother.

Serfer posted:

This week has been so bad for Trump I almost expect the piss tape to go into wide release this evening.

Reminder that a rep from this guy was at the Russia meeting with Kush, Manafort, and Trump Jr.

The piss tape is real my dudes.
They definitely hopefully are

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Kale posted:

Wait until Trump is completely gone before we do the analysis.

I mean what if Accelerationism means "gently caress YOU WORLD, NUKES"? Pretty much everyone loses then.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Ice Phisherman posted:

- We get our money through 'Hatreon'.
- Have you been reading leftie forums? Of course they're gonna say we're the bad guys
- But they didn't get to name our crowdfunding platform, Hans

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Crabtree posted:

Those rude "people" in class told me I was an rear end in a top hat! ME! I am their better and they didn't even give ME the sex I SHOULD GET IN COLLEGE. MY FATHER GOT ME IN HERE and they treat ME like THIS!
You know all of those college professors who have anecdotes about how they teach a class on history or sociology etc, and once every few semesters they get a student who walks out of class (or who at the end of the semester comes up and says, "well I know it's all bullshit anyway")?

This is that guy from the anecdote. His name ought to be Chad.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
I wonder what comes first: punchable face or membership to the college Republicans?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RuanGacho posted:

It's easy to shout and scream NO NO NO IT'S THE BLACK DUDE'S FAULT for years. It's harder when there's no black guy left to blame.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Re: accelerationism, It's worth emphasizing how very bad and dangerous the institutional loss of competence in our executive agencies is/will be. Particularly given that, in terms of institutional memory, the Bush years and their screwups aren't that far in the past. There may be a backlash, but it's not going to leave us better off than we were.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Snort-laughed.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

eviltastic posted:

Re: accelerationism, It's worth emphasizing how very bad and dangerous the institutional loss of competence in our executive agencies is/will be. Particularly given that, in terms of institutional memory, the Bush years and their screwups aren't that far in the past. There may be a backlash, but it's not going to leave us better off than we were.

"But everything is so bad we have to tear it down and rebuild! It will be better in the long run!" - Middle class white guy.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Bogatyr posted:

This dude's like Ben Shapiro duplicate that mutated slightly during the cloning process.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Mr Interweb posted:

This dude's like Ben Shapiro duplicate that mutated slightly during the cloning process.

This dude is *nineteen*. He definitely touched an orb.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So did they give that shitfuck that killed that woman with a car actual murder or did he get some weak manslaughter instead of terrorism because he's a white chud?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

THAT ALL HAPPENED IN 4 loving WEEKS?!?!?!?!?!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Turn this into a train hitting Trump

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's easy to shout and scream NO NO NO IT'S THE BLACK DUDE'S FAULT for years. It's harder when there's no black guy left to blame.

The entire Republican establishment was all ready and excited for 4 years of NO NO NO ITS THAT CROOKED BITCHES FAULT and still haven't adjusted.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Jesus, did I miss the page we talked about the arts and humanity counsel hiding secret messages in a letter to the president?

Kale
May 14, 2010

eviltastic posted:

The states can sort of pick up the slack a little but but kind of do rely on the executive to make certain kinds of payments and settle certain accounts. It's on a global scale and deciding international policy that America runs into the biggest trouble and while Trump couldn't give less of a poo poo about any of that sort of stuff much like he seems largely indifferent to governing and being in touch with Americans you can bet many Americans do and don't want to see America get effortlessly leap frogged in influencing international policy by Germany, China, Russia etc.

Personally I'd have no problem with Germany taking the reigns at all though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Crabtree posted:

So did they give that shitfuck that killed that woman with a car actual murder or did he get some weak manslaughter instead of terrorism because he's a white chud?

How about looking it up instead of coming in here all excited to get outraged?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Covok posted:

That don't make sense. Thinking back on it, I do believe that was my earlier stance. It's just so weird. Trump taking power was terrible and what's happened is awful, but it's actually broken the stagnation. I can't help but feel if we got Kasich or Cruz then nothing would have changed and we be even worse off.

What doesn't make sense?

Your assumption, as an accellerationist, is that the suffering that happens much more quickly and harshly, will be less than getting there over a longer time.

Which is a huge gamble, and also very often is people gambling with the suffering of other people.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Jaxyon posted:

What doesn't make sense?

Your assumption, as an accellerationist, is that the suffering that happens much more quickly and harshly, will be less than getting there over a longer time.

Which is a huge gamble, and also very often is people gambling with the suffering of other people.

"Actually you see it's good the nazis killed that lady because it's not a lady I know"

Covok
May 27, 2013

coyo7e posted:

You know all of those college professors who have anecdotes about how they teach a class on history or sociology etc, and once every few semesters they get a student who walks out of class (or who at the end of the semester comes up and says, "well I know it's all bullshit anyway")?

This is that guy from the anecdote. His name ought to be Chad.

I prefer calling that guy Jimmy because that's name of the dude who did that in my class. He took an economic course that ended up explaining that most right-wing policies don't work like lowering taxes and stuff. Last day of class, he made a big scene about how the professor was wrong and an idiot and a liberal and oppressing him when it was the last class before the final and the professor was just taken questions in the last 5 minutes to help us out.

I didn't hear that he passed. Apparently, you got a lot of questions wrong. And not even opinion-based ones that could be blamed on different beliefs, basic ones. He's apparently was an idiot who was on academic probation and got kicked out of that school.

eviltastic posted:

That's a scary thought. I forgot how much this is probably screwing over any future president who tries actually do good because there is no faith in that seat anymore.

:gizz: I love that we're hearing more and more that the Nazis at that rally are getting hosed even the ones who weren't videotape there.

I had found a tweet earlier that said that everyone who was in the vice video had been arrested. So, if anyone didn't like those guys when they were calling the death of Jews, they're all in jail now.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

RuanGacho posted:

The Southern Strategy was all about dog whistle racism, but never fully delivering. Forty years of saying things and passing laws which would obviously hurt people of other races but never copping to being racist.

The problem with dog whistles are that they're training tools. Forty years of that, three generations of people have been trained to respond to this sort of racism, and then someone smart enough to recognize open hate and open racism are what these people not only respond to, but are actively seeking.

The republicans are trying to stick with the Southern Strategy but they're just whistling now. No dog whistles. The problem is that the electorate is trained to respond to both. The other problem is that not enough of the electorate is racist and those who aren't effected by the message hate that poo poo and they need the people who don't respond to that to show up to the polls. An energized turnout for the democrats and a dwindling republican base will crush the republicans.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

What doesn't make sense?

That was a typo. I actually meant to say that does make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Arturo Ui posted:

This dude is *nineteen*. He definitely touched an orb.

All Young Republicans look and dress like 45 year old local newscasters that are recovering coke addicts.

• Locked thread