Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Word is that Patrick Roberts has turned down loans to Southampton and Nice to go back to Celtic instead. Seems a bit unambitious if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Akileese posted:

Isn't Matuidi actually good? That seems like a pretty normal price in most years, but with the way poo poo is going I would've expected him to sell for like 60 million euros or something crazy like that. As far as I can tell the only time he didn't crack 50 appearances in a full season for PSG, he hit 48 and he's a French International.

He's 30, that probably lowers the price significantly.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

In Italian years that's only 25

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

In Italian years that's only 25

Joseph Minala......

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

wicka posted:

Counterpoint: Alex Song.

I just checked and somehow Vermaelen is still on Barcelona's roster

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/898561135582093315

Someone should tell him the transfer window is still open

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can't wait for the transfer window to close

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I always thought Matuidi was a white guy. This thread has blown my mind.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Jose posted:

40m for an eredivisie defender lmao

Eredivisie actually has a lot of really good players, as long as they're under 21, and at Ajax

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Jose posted:

40m for an eredivisie defender lmao

You're right, all they produce are useless cloggers like Jan Vertonghen or Toby Alderweireld.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
As much as I hate Spurs and hope this kid is dogshit, a lot of bigger clubs were sniffing around him previously so given the 'premier league premium' I'd say it's decent business.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Matuidi for 20M is a good bit of business, it's not as if he's especially reliant on being pacey and French holding midfielders age like fine wine.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

You're right, all they produce are useless cloggers like Jan Vertonghen or Toby Alderweireld.

Counterpoint

Ron Vlaar and Johnny Heitinga

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

pik_d posted:

Word is that Patrick Roberts has turned down loans to Southampton and Nice to go back to Celtic instead. Seems a bit unambitious if true.

As a Celtic fan I'm not complaining, he improved drastically during his time with us and hopefully keeps improving.

I always felt he was the sort of player Pep would like given that he's a small, technical ball player, but guess he had a poo poo pre season?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

AJ_Impy posted:

Davinson Sanchez to Spurs is official, subject to a medical and permit.

Can you make an entire XI of misspelled English names? Willian and Kenedy can be the Chelsea contigent.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Can you make an entire XI of misspelled English names? Willian and Kenedy can be the Chelsea contigent.

Yes, easily. Brazilian parents love giving their kids names that sound English.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Matuidi for 20M is a good bit of business, it's not as if he's especially reliant on being pacey and French holding midfielders age like fine wine.

Juventus is a good place for him as others are likely to pass on him due to his age. Considering the inflation of the transfer window, 20M is practically a steal.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I can't wait until that deal turns out to be Juventus' stopgap measure before an annoying campaign for Emre Can.

Or it could turn out that Can doesn't sign a contract extension and he leaves on a free next summer.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Pace isn't a big deal like it is in other leagues as it is in Serie A.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Can you rephrase that into a sentence that makes sense

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Serie A is slow as gently caress compared to other leagues not populated by geriatrics

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Brony Car posted:

I can't wait until that deal turns out to be Juventus' stopgap measure before an annoying campaign for Emre Can.

Or it could turn out that Can doesn't sign a contract extension and he leaves on a free next summer.

Every liverpool player needs to start rethink how long a contract they'll sign.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Her Dryer posted:

As a Celtic fan I'm not complaining, he improved drastically during his time with us and hopefully keeps improving.

I always felt he was the sort of player Pep would like given that he's a small, technical ball player, but guess he had a poo poo pre season?

A combination of that and being behind not one but two Silvas, Sterling, Sane, and de Bruyne, and City is looking to buy another attacker. All that and it appears he quite likes Celtic after a season there of winning everything.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I just really don't understand what the gently caress Liverpool are doing. We have bid for exactly 1 loving CB in the entire off season. One.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

cheese posted:

I just really don't understand what the gently caress Liverpool are doing. We have bid for exactly 1 loving CB in the entire off season. One.

There's that really good young talent at Ajax who could... no, wait, that one just signed up to join the best defence in the league.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

cheese posted:

We clearly had three major targets when the window opened and were prepared to pay top dollar to get them. What we didn't anticipate was that the market would go crazy and sixty plus million would now not be enough.

That and the fact our scouting network has been shoddy for years. I just don't understand why we haven't thrown some serious money at someone capable to look after transfers.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Can you rephrase that into a sentence that makes sense

High as gently caress. Sorry. Can't blame my phone that time.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Soulex posted:

High as gently caress. Sorry. Can't blame my phone that time.

Don't do drugs kids, it will turn you into a Serie A fan

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No, being a Serie A fan turned me to drugs.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Soulex posted:

No, being a Serie A fan turned me to drugs.

Of course you’d prefer the league for players whose legs have gone

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

cheese posted:

It's amazing. Now there's talk of resting Mané against Palace so he's ready for the second leg against Hoffenheim. FFS.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bobby Digital posted:

Of course you’d prefer the league for players whose legs have gone

Wow, rude.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Utd have spent nearly £600m since Fergie retired :eyepop:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Utd have spent nearly £600m since Fergie retired :eyepop:

City have spent over £700m in the same time span.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Chris Wood is apparently a Burnley now, he no-showed for Leeds today
https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/898911431869042688

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Shrapnig posted:

City have spent over £700m in the same time span.

Yeah but the extra £100m bought 1st, 2nd, 4th and 3rd rather than 7th,4th,5th and 6th. I think two extra seasons in proper europe, so 50million a pop right there. What I'm saying is... uninteresting.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Liverpoo should release Coutinho from his scouse slavery imho

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

agreed, let Big Cooter go

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

quote:

Barcelona’s response to having a third bid of up to £118million rejected for Philippe Coutinho was to make contact with Liverpool again on Friday and impose one of the transfer market’s more bizarre deadlines.

The Catalan club, in all their wisdom, informed Anfield officials that they have until Sunday evening to change their mind, and belatedly accept the offer, or it will be withdrawn.

In other words, a bid Liverpool have twice told Barcelona not to make is instantly rebuffed and their rivals’ next move is to threaten to take it off the table.

loving lmao Barcelona are the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i like that liverpool are telling barca to gently caress off, but can't help but get the feeling this is going to backfire horribly once couthino gets injured or stops giving a gently caress about playing for liverpool

• Locked thread