Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dangos ate my baby.

Can my patience survive the tedium of doing a zillion 5ap quests? Time will tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sophism posted:

The rate up is nowhere near generous enough within that 1% chance of getting a 5*.

During the Gilgamesh rate-up I rerolled until I got a Waver, Vlad and Altria on the first pull, and Gilgamesh was actually the 5* I saw the least while churning out reroll accounts. Then using all of the Start Dash + Gil campaign + story completion + dolphin package quartz, I got another Vlad and a Jeanne during that rate-up. Now with the Orion campaign, I got another Waver and then finally an Orion.

Sooo 1 rate-up in 7 successful 5* pulls.

The rateup for 5*s has been estimated at around 70% (of 1%, so 0.7%), which is pretty ok?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

a kitten posted:

Dangos ate my baby.

Can my patience survive the tedium of doing a zillion 5ap quests? Time will tell

Bought all the Exp and Fou cards, now I just need the monuments. After that I'm switching to 30 AP. If I don't get enough to grab the pieces, then oh well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is there a reason you aimed for EXP over monuments?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I'll ride with you anywhere, George.

Also Cirnopedia appears to be back up (but with the Moon Goddess page disabled, haha), so that's good I guess.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Pureauthor posted:

Is there a reason you aimed for EXP over monuments?

Ran out of Exp. cards to get Orion her first ascension, so decided to grab those in the mean time. (Since I know I'll grind enough for the monuments over the weekend anyway.)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Also Cirnopedia appears to be back up (but with the Moon Goddess page disabled, haha), so that's good I guess.

lol, might be a pain if they have to do that when every event rolls around though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

lol, might be a pain if they have to do that when every event rolls around though.

on the other hand its a good sign that the na servers do actually have users

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Are special dumplings used for anything after the story events or can I safely convert them into regular dumplings?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Mill Village posted:

Are special dumplings used for anything after the story events or can I safely convert them into regular dumplings?

If you're already done with the story events, you may as well since that's 100 regular ones right there

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Once you do all the story events you will grow to hate the sight of them.

Edit: Anybody here in the thread have a decent Lancer and/or Lancelot with the Bath CE equipped? If so could you post up a friend code.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 19, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

buying exp cards from events seems goofy as gently caress to me unless you overshoot and the only other option is qp

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

buying exp cards from events seems goofy as gently caress to me unless you overshoot and the only other option is qp

Buying exp cards usually requires very little event currency, and 100 4-star all-class exp cards is actually pretty nice.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Buying exp cards usually requires very little event currency, and 100 4-star all-class exp cards is actually pretty nice.

20 cards, and I guess maybe if you're a whale with a poo poo ton of characters you're trying to raise simultaneously?? exp is usually the last problem I have with raising characters.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

20 cards, and I guess maybe if you're a whale with a poo poo ton of characters you're trying to raise simultaneously?? exp is usually the last problem I have with raising characters.

Did the dango event only have 20 cards? Sorry, it's been a while since it was on JP, so i've forgotten the details. Anyway, unless you're catastrophically unlucky at gacha, you'll eventually reach a point where you need lots of exp.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

as the game goes on you can and will have exp more as the problem than mats. i have 60-70 statues/monuments of every type and at least 2 dozen of every single ascension mat in the game in jp version, but leveling all these characters up is still a giant chore. anything above level 58ish takes about 10 gold exp cards, and anything above level 74ish takes about 20ish. per level

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Man I think I'm going to cut this event close. Spent the first 2 full days doing 30AP until I got the first CE, and have been doing 5AP since. I think I was just able to buy out most of the golden archer statues. I'm using two moon cell automatons, 2 Moonlight Fest (one from support). I'm starting to think that I wont have enough AP to farm hearts before the event ends (No hearts on the journey to the first CE).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
too many seeds of yggs

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I have 3

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

leveling all these characters up is still a giant chore

how many of those characters are you actually ever going to use.

answer honestly.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I've probably thrown close to 300 AP at the 30AP event so far. 1 caster gem, no hearts. I really just want the second caster gem for this bullshit mission. :argh:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tsurupettan posted:

answer honestly.

I'm not him but every one of my 15 servants that I have at max level I've used in some capacity or another. I prioritize leveling the ones I feel like using though.

I have 45 gold servants, 12 of which are 5*. My leveling hell has only just begun :negative:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

answer honestly.

probably most of them as the urge strikes/they get events where they get event drops/im farming their bond levels/etc

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

with how many gimmick bosses there are throughout all the singularities, events, and challenge quests, the answer is yes

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Did some ticket pulls on moon banner even though I know better stuff is coming soon.

Medea(new), Divine Banquet(new), Imaginary Element(new), Ushiwakamaru(np fodder)

I'm okay with this! Thanks gacha.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

smh if you don't rotate through your entire roster regularly to show all your loyal Servants proper care and respect.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Freak Futanari posted:

Did the dango event only have 20 cards? Sorry, it's been a while since it was on JP, so i've forgotten the details. Anyway, unless you're catastrophically unlucky at gacha, you'll eventually reach a point where you need lots of exp.

Pretty much me. But thankfully the servants I do have can get me through lots of problems as is. Yay for Emiya and Heracles and Cu.

mrRedWhite
Feb 16, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Once you do all the story events you will grow to hate the sight of them.

Edit: Anybody here in the thread have a decent Lancer and/or Lancelot with the Bath CE equipped? If so could you post up a friend code.

I've got an Elizabeth at 70 with Bath. Code is 767,964,291.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Endorph posted:

as the game goes on you can and will have exp more as the problem than mats. i have 60-70 statues/monuments of every type and at least 2 dozen of every single ascension mat in the game in jp version, but leveling all these characters up is still a giant chore. anything above level 58ish takes about 10 gold exp cards, and anything above level 74ish takes about 20ish. per level

I'm honestly baffled they haven't introduced 5 Star EXP cards yet.

mrRedWhite posted:

I've got an Elizabeth at 70 with Bath. Code is 767,964,291.

Thanks.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Tired Moritz posted:

too many seeds of yggs

Man I've only gotten 3 and I need a ton for future ascensions.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I leveled up every servant I got in JP, gotta contract properly w/ 'em all

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Level every Servant but Gilles , Mephistopheles, and Boudica

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boudica is a good momfriend

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got... 15!!!

I wish we can exchange mon/pieces. Like I haven't find an assassin that interested me that much.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
:allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Are we sure there isn't going to be a 3rd Summer gacha?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm not sure if I should buy that 500 dumpling CE. I got the 5* CE from the gacha, and a copy of the one you can buy dropped for me from a stage. And I'm already at 88/89 team cost with the CEs I have which include a couple of the 3* ones.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

I'm sure this won't actually be the case long-term, but it's hard to see the trickle of servants I actually care about keeping being such that I'd be in this situation. I kind of figured I'd be able to max out the ones I've been able to hang onto thus far and just focus on new folks one at a time, more or less.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm not sure if I should buy that 500 dumpling CE. I got the 5* CE from the gacha, and a copy of the one you can buy dropped for me from a stage. And I'm already at 88/89 team cost with the CEs I have which include a couple of the 3* ones.

Depends if you want to clear out the store. The 500 CE will pay for itself in 50 or so runs of the 5 AP dango quest, not to mention being a good CE in its own right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm only gonna get the other two CE if I get another one in a random drop.