Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Same Great Paste posted:

i'll buy the first person to quote this a forum's upgrade if trump does NOT pardon / announce a pardon for arpaio during his phoenix rally.

If the rally is cancelled or something, bet cancelled.

:toxx:

(please indicate in the quote what you'd want i don't wanna have to track you down)

Down. I'll take Platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Mantis42 posted:

The Nathan Lane version of The Producers is bad.

That's a compelling read on how it fell short of your expectations. :v:

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Covok posted:

Taken, PM upgrade or platinum if it comes with that.

plat for Covok, the pact is sealed.

CHRIST i hope you win.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

WrenP-Complete posted:

This week! Holy moly. So bets on what the next major things to happen are going to be and when?

There are more neo-Nazi rallies scheduled in the next couple of days.

My number one fear at this point is someone - under any circumstances - shooting one of these neo-Nazi marchers at one of the rallies.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Same Great Paste posted:

plat for Covok, the pact is sealed.

CHRIST i hope you win.

I think we all hope that I win. In the sense, that no one wants that man pardoned.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cythereal posted:

My number one fear at this point is someone - under any circumstances - shooting one of these neo-Nazi marchers at one of the rallies.

Why should you fear that?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Cythereal posted:

same

shoot them all, not just one

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Just issue a loving statement like a normal loving person you're the loving PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP IS THE PRESIDENT AND WE'RE ON THE BRINK OF A NUCLEAR RACE WAR THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

mcmagic posted:

It firmly established the "both sides" narrative. If there were more attacks I don't think it would be as credible, but this early on it could poke holes in the left's anger and I want it to keep rolling.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/drewharwell/status/898649492689485825

https://twitter.com/acloughpbp/status/898649640006021121
https://twitter.com/drewharwell/status/898649912304214016

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mcmagic posted:

Because then the right might start calling the left violent. Which it has never done before that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Cythereal posted:

mcmagic posted:

Because it would prove Donald Trump right in the eyes the public and the momentum we had in changing the world would reverse against us and he would seem like a hero who saw the rising tides. All those statues would be put back up in the left would get turbofucked because everyone in government would be okay with loving us over. The Republicans rely on white supremacist so they'll just give harsh words and the centrists love kowtowing to the concept of Civility, if the left kills someone, it would result in the harshest police Crackdown we would ever seen surpassing the levels of the Nixon Administration.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

mcmagic posted:

It would probably reverse the conversation to, ugh, kill me, nazi sympathy.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

deep web creep posted:

same

shoot them all, not just one

I'm afraid of the backlash. I don't approve of vigilante killing regardless of who's doing it, but I don't want Trump and right-wing state governments to have an excuse to bring the hammer down.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, I'm really worried about Boston in particular.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Mantis42 posted:

Okay, if you prefer replacing all the humor of the original movie with lazy gay stereotypes and ruining the relationship of the two leads, then the remake is great.

Yeah they changed quite a bit about it, but I'd not say for the worse. For me it's not something that has been filtered through something else. It's two fruits from the same tree.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

WrenP-Complete posted:

Yeah, I'm really worried about Boston in particular.

I thought Boston was canceled along with a bunch of other major cities like Seattle and such.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

This dude's like Ben Shapiro duplicate that mutated slightly during the cloning process.

Reminder, Shapiro insulted a (trans)solider and almost got killed by her.

"You wanna say that again?" *R TOOP puts badass muscle hand on Shapiro 's tiny pencil neck*

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ice Phisherman posted:

I thought Boston was canceled along with a bunch of other major cities like Seattle and such.

Just being canceled is no guarantee there won't be a neo-Nazi march. There's been claims in Florida that the officially canceled Gainesville march will happen anyway.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ice Phisherman posted:

Yeah, it's happening. The police are cracking down really hard on that though. Their layout is as follows: the Nazis will be in the center and will be checked before being allowed to enter for all weapons and anything found dangerous on the person will be removed, then there will be a circle of police officers dressed in riot gear, then the counter-protesters will be allowed to surround them.

Since none of the Nazis will be allowed to have weapons, the police will be separating the two groups with their literal bodies, and recognizing the counter-protesters going to be in a longer group and need more space, the police hope to keep order.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ice Phisherman posted:

It firmly established the "both sides" narrative. If there were more attacks I don't think it would be as credible, but this early on it could poke holes in the left's anger and I want it to keep rolling.

That narrative is going to be pushed by Trumpists no matter what happens.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

WrenP-Complete posted:

This week! Holy moly. So bets on what the next major things to happen are going to be and when?

Isn't China's two week ultimatum to India up this weekend. If so we could see war between the world's two most populous countries next week.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Yes, but more people will fall for it under those circumstances.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Bannon looks like a Ivan Albright painting brought to life

He looks like he played a villain in the Dick Tracy movie thirty years ago, and he still can't get the prop mask off.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chadderbox posted:

Yes, but more people will fall for it under those circumstances.

Who is going to fall for it? Non existent centrists?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

There is nothing that will bottle up how pissed off everyone is right now. I have never seen anything like this in my life. This is like the month after 9/11 but it's getting worse.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The Boston area feels like it's bracing for battle and if very many nazis show up it's really clearly going to be a brawl but it doesn't actually feel like the nazis are going to come

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

mcmagic posted:

Yes, but how many people believe it is based not on logic, but on how well it can be connected to events.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I remember when The Apprentice premiered I kept telling people that guy would start a civil war, no one believed me.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Cythereal posted:

If the someone is a cop it should be ok

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wait is that big dog like the shirts?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ice Phisherman posted:

Yes, but how many people believe it is based not on logic, but on how well it can be connected to events.

Republicans are going to believe it and democrats won't. Just like now.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Ice Phisherman posted:

Yeah and then a "different group" got a permit issued. KKK confirmed they'd be there with the Boston Herald this afternoon.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Wait is that big dog like the shirts?

No, they're an actual dog rescue.

I kind of intrinsically distrust any charity that does events at high roller country clubs though.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if Trump will start preemptively disbanding all councils and committees to make sure he's the one doing the firings.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BCAppelbaum/status/898692104519430144

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Uglycat posted:

hmm. Noted, thank you :)

also, I think you still owe me a bar mirror from a decade ago lol

Unrelated question but weren't you the Goon behind Enturbulation.org?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

mcmagic posted:

Republicans are going to believe it and democrats won't. Just like now.

Yeah. But not all people are republicans and democrats.

What I'm worried about is raising tensions, killing leftist momentum and giving Trump his "cause" for pardoning Arpaio.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Covok posted:

Yeah, it's happening. The police are cracking down really hard on that though. Their layout is as follows: the Nazis will be in the center and will be checked before being allowed to enter for all weapons and anything found dangerous on the person will be removed, then there will be a circle of police officers dressed in riot gear, then the counter-protesters will be allowed to surround them.

Since none of the Nazis will be allowed to have weapons, the police will be separating the two groups with their literal bodies, and recognizing the counter-protesters going to be in a longer group and need more space, the police hope to keep order.

Good info. Yeah from what friends say Boston feels keyed up and there are trolls on Twitter pretending to be Boston Antifa and trying to push things further. I live in DC, which feels absolutely bizarre but I don't think riots this weekend are in order. Big prison labor strike + rally is tomorrow which I think will be less violent than fash + Antifa in other places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Are the Nazis actually planning to go all these places simultaneously, or is there some kind of cute shell game going on here, and we're supposed to guess which shell has Hitler under it this weekend?

• Locked thread