Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Shwqa posted:

I stopped playing that poo poo forever ago. I got so sick of hell 1. It all about the gumballs and dungeons now

Speaking of which gumballs and dungeons is getting a massive update in the next week. And previous updates have made things more f2p friendly. Highly recommend if you like f2p nonsense but don't want to deal with >1% premium roll drop rate bullshit.

I want to get into Gumballs and Dungeons, but I feel like there are WAY too many different currencies and weird poo poo going on. I guess I just need to take a minute or 20 to actually figure out what the hell I'm doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

IMO, Gumballs & Dungeons doesn't have "currencies" in the confusing F2P style where the whole point is to obscure how much money you're spending. Rather it's more like a sprawling console/pc game where there are different resources to collect, and some resources are only used for certain things or certain game modes. The game definitely does have plenty of things you need to collect, though :v:

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
I'm a little annoyed because I paid full price for the newest installment a couple of weeks ago, but if you're interested at all, all of the 'Little War Game' series is on sale for $.99 each, including the newest, Epic Little War Game. I find them to be pretty fun, and the newest has a random map generator, which is nice. The AI can be really simplistic, but the campaigns really only exist to teach you the game.

This is a link to the developer's page on the Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=8935462946679538264

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

IMO, Gumballs & Dungeons doesn't have "currencies" in the confusing F2P style where the whole point is to obscure how much money you're spending. Rather it's more like a sprawling console/pc game where there are different resources to collect, and some resources are only used for certain things or certain game modes. The game definitely does have plenty of things you need to collect, though :v:

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant; it felt like I'd have one collection explained to me, and then be hit with about 439 more, and trying to keep all of that straight was not something I was prepared to do when I'm just playing a game for about 5 minutes. Like, I played the tile-based dungeon mini game, and understood that, but once I was out, I had little idea of what the various items I collected were good for. I know this is mostly on me, and it seems like a really high-quality game, but I mean... drat, that was a lot of poo poo going on. I'll likely try it again. If there's a primer out there for people like me, I'd love to check it out.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant; it felt like I'd have one collection explained to me, and then be hit with about 439 more, and trying to keep all of that straight was not something I was prepared to do when I'm just playing a game for about 5 minutes. Like, I played the tile-based dungeon mini game, and understood that, but once I was out, I had little idea of what the various items I collected were good for. I know this is mostly on me, and it seems like a really high-quality game, but I mean... drat, that was a lot of poo poo going on. I'll likely try it again. If there's a primer out there for people like me, I'd love to check it out.

i just wrote my last post in case people who haven't played it were wary of you saying "currencies", because let's be honest, if a game has like 8 f2p currencies that is a completely legit reason to not even download it

if you enjoy playing gumballs though, my advice would be to just keep playing and not worry too much about being confused. i haven't played for months but there aren't tons of pitfalls where you can really screw yourself over. also, the thread for the game was very helpful when i played

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah the gumballs and dungeons does have lots of stupid currencies. But for new players just worry about unlocking dungeons and beating them. After that you can worry about the other poo poo. Spend your gems on the survival kit upgrade, it gives you 3 gems every 8 hours, and unlock the bonus dungeons, they usually give you back the gems in time plus a lot more. Join the goon guild and ask us questions in real time for the more complex stuff. Guild also give you lots of free stuff every day. I think we can make room for about 5 more people.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Shwqa posted:

Join the goon guild and ask us questions in real time for the more complex stuff. Guild also give you lots of free stuff every day. I think we can make room for about 5 more people.

I'd like to get in. Not sure where I join the guild from though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

rotaryfun posted:

I'd like to get in. Not sure where I join the guild from though.

You got get an airship and find the guild hall while exploring. It is a little weird but I think it just there prevent people from making multiple new accounts.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EDIT: ^^^ Ok, gotcha.

Shwqa posted:

Join the goon guild and ask us questions in real time for the more complex stuff. Guild also give you lots of free stuff every day. I think we can make room for about 5 more people.

I'd also like an invite, if possible (or however this works). After starting and stopping completely with Crusaders of Light, I know that this game, while confusing to me now, will offer a better time, so I'm going to actually play.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

EDIT: ^^^ Ok, gotcha.

I'd also like an invite, if possible (or however this works). After starting and stopping completely with Crusaders of Light, I know that this game, while confusing to me now, will offer a better time, so I'm going to actually play.

Best way to get in is to post to the SA thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803224

I just asked in game to kick some inactive players so we should have several spots open shortly.

Edit: Oh, and if any of you played 6 months ago and hated the terrible translations, that has been fixed for several months now.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 16, 2017

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Peachfart posted:

Best way to get in is to post to the SA thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803224

I just asked in game to kick some inactive players so we should have several spots open shortly.

Edit: Oh, and if any of you played 6 months ago and hated the terrible translations, that has been fixed for several months now.

I do miss the engrish sometimes. But actually understanding what the repear ability does is nice.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Shwqa posted:

engrish

:eyepop:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Framed 2 is now out for Android.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

And it's only $1.99, definitely worth a buy.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It looks like World of Warships Blitz is out in soft launch in certain regions.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Nice. If only I had space to install it. :negative: I need a phone upgrade so bad

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I just found tiny rails, and i'd totally buy a $10+ gem pack if it gave you a key for the steam version. It's an adorable little game, though the geography is a little out of whack-- going from OKC to Dallas has you go through Desert (its only semi-arid farmland which looks like any other rural area basically) and one of the photo ops you run into halfway between the two cities is a Rt 66 tourist exhibit that is actually in OKC (since rt 66 runs through it east to west, after all) but those are just pedantic nitpicks.

I just started using my tablet again, and I've been browsing some of the f2p games. I have some fun ones, like star trek, fallout, star tap, magikarp that i check every so often, while a couple I tried I immediately deleted like that god awful FF15 game, but I'm still interested in finding new ones. does anyone have any recommendations?

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 18, 2017

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

Xtanstic posted:

Nice. If only I had space to install it. :negative: I need a phone upgrade so bad

The first one is worth the $0.12 if that helps anyone give it a shot.

Also want to thank the thread for the Minesweeper Collector suggestion, don't care for the online but has been an excellent time killer.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Telltale is having a big season pass sale, with discounts ranging between 25% for newer titles to 50% off for older ones. Here's a list of US prices courtesy of Android Police:

quote:

The Walking Dead: Season One - Episode One: Free, Remaining Episodes (including 400 Days DLC): $6.99
The Walking Dead: Season Two - Episode One: Free, Remaining Episodes: $6.99
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Episode One: $4.99, Remaining Episodes: $6.99
The Walking Dead: Michonne - Episode One: $4.99, Remaining Episodes: $3.99
The Wolf Among Us - Episode One: Free, Remaining Episodes: $6.99
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode One: Free, Remaining Episodes: $6.99
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series - Episode One: Free, Remaining Episodes: $9.99
Batman: The Telltale Series - Episode One: $4.99, Remaining Episodes: $6.99
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series - Episode One: $4.99, Remaining Episodes: $10.99
Minecraft: Story Mode - Episode One: Free, Episodes 2 - 5: $6.99, Episodes 6 - 8: $5.99, Episodes 2 - 8: $11.99
Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two - Episode One: $4.99, Remaining Episodes: $14.99

In other news, Bandai Namco just announced a new Tekken mobile game, and it looks like its already been soft launched somewhere.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Aug 18, 2017

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Are there any good dungeon crawlers for android? Wizardry/Etrian Odyssey style, not roguelike style.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Circle Nine posted:

Are there any good dungeon crawlers for android? Wizardry/Etrian Odyssey style, not roguelike style.

The Quest is a first person single player dungeon crawler, plays alot like a turnbased Elder Scrolls. Really quite fun, with a big open world and lots of towns and poo poo to explore, lots of quests to complete as well.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The Quest is a first person single player dungeon crawler, plays alot like a turnbased Elder Scrolls. Really quite fun, with a big open world and lots of towns and poo poo to explore, lots of quests to complete as well.

This looks pretty good. How does it compare to QuestLord, if you're also familiar with that?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Potsticker posted:

This looks pretty good. How does it compare to QuestLord, if you're also familiar with that?

Not familiar with it. The Quest is great though, and actually just got an expansion recently (there are 4 full featured expansions).

Edit: just grabbed QuestLord, refunded it instantly. The Quest is better made and easier to play by a factor of 10. Get that.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 19, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Are there any good rogue like mobile games?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

RC Cola posted:

Are there any good rogue like mobile games?

Definitely. If you want a free one, get Shattered Pixel Dungeon. If you have some cash, Sproggiwood is a great one.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Chinook posted:

Definitely. If you want a free one, get Shattered Pixel Dungeon. If you have some cash, Sproggiwood is a great one.

Seconding Shattered Pixel. It is *very good*

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Well switched from iOS to android. Anything good that is android exclusive?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

Well switched from iOS to android. Anything good that is android exclusive?

I'm gonna say "no"

The play store gets what iOS had years ago.

You can pirate .apks though if you like risking phone infection.

My favorite droid games are Kingdom Rush Origins (and all of those tower defense)

Planescape Torment, Knights of Pen and Paper

And those are all iOS games as well

The one thing your droid phone has that iOS doesn't is DraStic and other emulators

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

I just started playing Golf Clash today, but i think I can already safely recommend it to anyone that likes golf games. It seems to be entirely 1v1 multiplayer but it's real quick 1 hole rounds with stats and leveling and rankings. Not sure if there is a pay wall that you hit as far as leveling up goes, but the gameplay itself has been solid.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playdemic.golf.android&hl=en

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

keeper posted:

The first one is worth the $0.12 if that helps anyone give it a shot.

Shame in Canada it's $0.99 with the sale price.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So how is Framed 2? Loved the first one since I just picked it up on sale but a quick glance at the new one's reviews talks about iffy performance issues..

Artelier fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 19, 2017

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Norton posted:

I just started playing Golf Clash today, but i think I can already safely recommend it to anyone that likes golf games. It seems to be entirely 1v1 multiplayer but it's real quick 1 hole rounds with stats and leveling and rankings. Not sure if there is a pay wall that you hit as far as leveling up goes, but the gameplay itself has been solid.

I just played 2 rounds and it seemed like complete garbage. How do you favorably compare this to any respectable golf game? honestly curious

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Not familiar with it. The Quest is great though, and actually just got an expansion recently (there are 4 full featured expansions).

Edit: just grabbed QuestLord, refunded it instantly. The Quest is better made and easier to play by a factor of 10. Get that.

Sorry to hear that QuestLord wasn't for you. Now that I've played some of The Quest I can say that QuestLord is overall more simplistic and may be what someone is looking for who doesn't want to deal with all the item and stats that The Quest entails. QuestLord does seem to be more interesting in its dungeon design, but I haven't gotten too far into The Quest yet. The Quest is not nearly as bad as something as a Wizardry or Might & Magic in terms of dealing with stats, it's more like a lightweight Morrowind that controls like a turn-based Daggerfall.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I just played 2 rounds and it seemed like complete garbage. How do you favorably compare this to any respectable golf game? honestly curious

I guess I just haven't tried the right ones. Point me in the direction of the best golf game.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Norton posted:

As you go up in ranks it gets more and more expensive to just PLAY a game. So as you rank up and you can either risk your entire bankroll on a game or you can grind endlessly on a lower rank for nearly no benefit, to give yourself a cushion in case you lose two matches in a row.

Also it gets to the point where you'll end up tying your opponent like 90% of the time so every match comes down to the closest-to-the-pin tiebreaker.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Norton posted:

I guess I just haven't tried the right ones. Point me in the direction of the best golf game.

I would also like to know of any 3D golf games that aren't trash.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Vista golf is pretty chill

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Azhais posted:

Vista golf is pretty chill

That's minigolf

Threefor
Nov 3, 2010
Check out OK Golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Guys. Neo Turf Masters. That's the right answer.