Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Very few of the Marvel characters, male or female, are sexy in any way. I think it really stops and ends with Thor, not Hemsworth obv but Loki. That and giving the Hulk chest hair. The closest they came back to that was Cap holding back the helicopter, but the Cap stuff is extremely disappointing, the portrayal of Cap past the first movie is so arrested. All his love interests are like, surrogate moms that tie his shoelaces for him.

And it's not like you can't do this right, Clark Kent's girlfriend is blatantly an older woman who has taught him how to gently caress, but the difference is, he has a good relationship with his mom and is a good man.

clark jumping into the bath with lois was the best romantic scene in a funnybook movie since the upside-down mj kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Very few of the Marvel characters, male or female, are sexy in any way. I think it really stops and ends with Thor, not Hemsworth obv but Loki. That and giving the Hulk chest hair. The closest they came back to that was Cap holding back the helicopter, but the Cap stuff is extremely disappointing, the portrayal of Cap past the first movie is so arrested. All his love interests are like, surrogate moms that tie his shoelaces for him.

When the love of your life has aged into a GILF after waking up one day I wonder what that does to you.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lobok posted:

When the love of your life has aged into a GILF after waking up one day I wonder what that does to you.

makes u date her niece

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lobok posted:

Makes you realize you were gay all along.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brother Entropy posted:

clark jumping into the bath with lois was the best romantic scene in a funnybook movie since the upside-down mj kiss

Especially since it's contrasted very shortly with the anonymous piece of meat Bruce Wayne has hauled his scarred dadbod on top of.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

but yeah a lot of the mcu romances revolve around this adolescent 'we'll never work out, we're just too different and/or the world would never understand us' drama beat, gotg2 does it, thor 2 does it, age of ultron does it

im3 swerves past it by being pretty clear that their romantic troubles are because of tony needing to grow as a person and not because of some blameless externality and ant-man and the wasp sharing a movie title makes me hopeful that they'll get to be the mcu's power couple

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Hela is sexy in the trailers :love:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brother Entropy posted:

but yeah a lot of the mcu romances revolve around this adolescent 'we'll never work out, we're just too different and/or the world would never understand us' drama beat, gotg2 does it, thor 2 does it, age of ultron does it

im3 swerves past it by being pretty clear that their romantic troubles are because of tony needing to grow as a person and not because of some blameless externality and ant-man and the wasp sharing a movie title makes me hopeful that they'll get to be the mcu's power couple

Even the Hawkeye is a family man stuff doesn't track because it's introduced specifically to show what a company man he is.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Black Widow? Not sexy. Pepper Potts and Tony Stark? Not sexy.

lol what

Robert Downey Jr was People's Sexiest Man Alive.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

lol what

rdj's definitely a good looking dude but i feel like hundu's using 'sexy' as more of a 'romantic, fully mature adult capable of intimacy' sort of deal and that ain't tony stark's character at all

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, sharing the award with Julia Roberts. I don't buy it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Black Widow? Not sexy.

I mean, this is certainly an opinion.

Brother Entropy posted:

rdj's definitely a good looking dude but i feel like hundu's using 'sexy' as more of a 'romantic, fully mature adult capable of intimacy' sort of deal and that ain't tony stark's character at all

Oh.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, this is certainly an opinion.

What got you going? Was it the bad, stiff wig or the bored monotone?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

there are a lot of hot dudes in the mcu but like, could you imagine actually dating peter quill in the long-term?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

What got you going? Was it the bad, stiff wig or the bored monotone?

It was the Scarlett Johansson underneath both of those.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

thrawn527 posted:

It was the Scarlett Johansson underneath both of those.

I'm not saying ScarJo isn't pretty or whatever. Black Widow is simply a poorly designed nothing character.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

there are a lot of hot dudes in the mcu but like, could you imagine actually dating peter quill in the long-term?

I would date Thor for he is honorable and sexy and I like 'em old-fashioned.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

I can kind of understand Black Widow getting with Banner in AoU since he seems like the only dateable guy in the Avengers. And even he is a dude who could turn into a monster at any moment.

It's a lot like dating men in real life in that way.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
We're getting into weird semantics territory here but sexy doesn't just mean "sexually desirable". Sexiness is kind of ephemeral but it has something to do with erotic intent and sexual agency and confidence.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
MOVIE ROMANCE FIGHT!

Here are the two most romantic scenes, to me, in the DCU and MCU thus far

MCU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x034sbGRWqU

DCU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvGWBQdN8xk

One of them is clearly sexier than the other.

Though maybe if they redid the scene with Steve built like a brickhouse and shirtless, it could compete

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

I would date Thor for he is honorable and sexy and I like 'em old-fashioned.

thor's probably your best case scenario, he's a big ol' doof and he's perfectly fine with being that

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I think they're both very good.

Burkion posted:

MOVIE ROMANCE FIGHT!

Here are the two most romantic scenes, to me, in the DCU and MCU thus far

MCU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x034sbGRWqU

Yeah that's how you do it. Steve just wants his soldier boy back in one piece ;__;

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Imagine trusting People magazine's opinion on something.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

They're a nice contrast, Steve and Bucky fight over Steve's devotion to his duty, which Bucky can't shake no matter how hard he tries. Lois, conversely, worries her relationship with Clark has been shown to conflict with his duty, and fears that his attachment to her isn't strong enough to overcome this.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
True love...

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Batman and Harley Quinn is easily the worst DC Animated Movie I have ever seen. Whoever made this was clearly on some sort of substance, whether it be alcohol/weed/LSD/crack. It starts off normal, but falls completely apart during the scene where Harley convinces Nightwing to gently caress her. That's the first moment that I turned to my friend and asked "what the gently caress are we watching right now?" Next was the fart scene (though that was kinda funny, just totally out of place and nonsensical). After that was the two FULL musical numbers out of absolutely nowhere that were just terrible, while you get to watch animated characters dance in the most low budget, lovely way possible as they loop basic maneuvers over and over. Which would be fine if it was a 2 second scene, but its like 10 loving minutes. I will admit though, Harley's sad eyes at the end was hysterical. The ending, though, was probably the worst ending to anything I have ever seen.

Batman and Nightwing get the poo poo kicked out of them by Floronic Man, and then suddenly Swamp Thing shows up to save the day. He gets all huge and intimidating and Batman and Nightwing are relieved. Then Swamp Thing basically says "eh, do what you want" and leaves. This was the first and last time you see Swamp Thing. Then, in their moment of defeat, Harley suggests "hey maybe we should just light Floronic Man on fire, anyone got a match?" Then Batman makes this face like "Ohhh? OHHHH" and gets this doofy rear end grin with Nightwing, and the last scene is them both kissing Harley on the cheek as a "thanks" as the credits roll.

What the loving gently caress. Bruce Timm sucks. Paul Dini 4 lyfe. If this is Kevin Conroy's last role I am going to be so loving pissed. This movie is Batman: The Animated Series if it was literally written by a 10 year old boy.

Oh yeah and there was a scene where Batman was gonna totally wreck a whole room full of people but they cut the camera away, presumably because they spent all their animation budget on the terrible, TERRIBLE back to back musical numbers

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 18, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Paul Dini 4 lyfe.

After the complete mess that was Arkham City ... eh, no.

quote:

If this is Kevin Conroy's last role I am going to be so loving pissed.

He keeps saying he wants to do Hush and A Death in the Family, so...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He voices him in Justice League Action.

How is that show? I totally spaced on watching it.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Black Widow is a bit sexy in her first Justice League scene where she's tied up and wearing panythose etc.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BethElderkin/status/898219604639698945

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Burkion posted:

So because I watched 2014 Godzilla last night and just got reminded of how beautiful that loving movie is

2014 Godzilla is really good. Might be my favorite movie of that year

Check out Monsters: Dark Continent, G'14 is great, but that's the best giant monster movie of '14.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, objectification aside, that's just not how pelvises work.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

porfiria posted:

Black Widow is a bit sexy in her first Justice League scene where she's tied up and wearing panythose etc.

Wack.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, objectification aside, that's just not how pelvises work.

I mean, you can't really judge those hyper-stylized cartoon people by anatomical standards. You can judge b.Timm for being a pervert hack gently caress, and for thinking that a third-rate Milo Manara homage is titillating or interesting in any way.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The most distasteful thing about the Batgirl/Batman thing in The Killing Joke movie is that it seems to exclusively function as over-compensation for how they can't actually figure out how to make the psychosexual, queer relationship between Batman and Joker compelling. The point even seems to be to stress that Joker and Mafia Guy's Son are just 'obsessed fans,' whereas Batgirl and Batman are totally banging so you don't need to worry at all about whether any actual transgression is occurring here.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Detective No. 27 posted:

He voices him in Justice League Action.

How is that show? I totally spaced on watching it.

It's good. There's a hilarious homage to Animated Series in like episode 6 or something, when he teams up with Blue Beetle. I'd find a YouTube link but I'm phone posting. Please somebody find that and post it

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It's good. There's a hilarious homage to Animated Series in like episode 6 or something, when he teams up with Blue Beetle. I'd find a YouTube link but I'm phone posting. Please somebody find that and post it

Did Justice League Action have an episode with Batman and Booster Gold fighting time monsters? That was a pretty darn good episode.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

The most distasteful thing about the Batgirl/Batman thing in The Killing Joke movie is that it seems to exclusively function as over-compensation for how they can't actually figure out how to make the psychosexual, queer relationship between Batman and Joker compelling. The point even seems to be to stress that Joker and Mafia Guy's Son are just 'obsessed fans,' whereas Batgirl and Batman are totally banging so you don't need to worry at all about whether any actual transgression is occurring here.

Again, another thing Suicide Squad does extremely well is showing why anyone, man or woman, would be intensely attracted to The Joker. Also it's a weirdly kinky film overall.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda funny given most depictions of the Joker are near asexual, or that sex simply something he isn't interested in. And if it is it has to get real weird real fast to keep his attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I'm not saying ScarJo isn't pretty or whatever. Black Widow is simply a poorly designed nothing character.

She's somewhat sexier than her nearest analogue as a character, the put-upon dinosaurs being used as consumer electronic goods in The Flintstones

• Locked thread