Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

I understand this much, but where do I even meet women? I've never really been "in the game" so to speak, so I'm totally lost on this one! :)

Find one that is out foraging and follow it back to the hive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
drat dude, you are definitely handsome. With some nicer clothes (I know those are work clothes) and a trim on the beard I think you could definitely find women who are attracted to you. Just probably don't tell them about all the drugs

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.
I'd do you (female here).

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

compshateme85 posted:

:same:
Well, I'm married, but I'd look twice.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

compshateme85 posted:

You look eerily like my last boyfriend, so I feel like I already have.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Bobbie Wickham posted:

You look eerily like my last boyfriend, so I feel like I already have.

What if I shave off my beard? It adds twenty years to my appearance, but when I'm cleanly shaven I look like I'm 15 years old - I have a babby face. And where would I find a woman who'd be willing to take my virginity at this age, without pointing and laughing at me? It's not that I've been clumsily searching for a SO like Chris-chan, which is truly laughable, it's that I've never even tried the dating game - even though there were women who were madly in love with me, but I just didn't care.

Hell, I don't even care about sex, I just want a hug. :(

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

What if I shave off my beard? It adds twenty years to my appearance, but when I'm cleanly shaven I look like I'm 15 years old - I have a babby face. And where would I find a woman who'd be willing to take my virginity at this age, without pointing and laughing at me? It's not that I've been clumsily searching for a SO like Chris-chan, which is truly laughable, it's that I've never even tried the dating game - even though there were women who were madly in love with me, but I just didn't care.

Hell, I don't even care about sex, I just want a hug. :(

Just dont tell them and they wont think youre a virgin. Also I wouldnt lose the beard. Groom it, yes.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I second keeping the beard; it works for you. Groom that thing properly and you'll be fine--a soft, clean beard is nice.

As for where to meet (nice, non-crazy) women, I have no idea. You're kind of like an exotic bird, and I can offer no advice that would be of use to such a creature.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Why would he want to meet non-crazy women? They'd have no use for each other.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

What if I shave off my beard?

Do it! What's the worst that can happen, waiting a few months for it to grow back?

Personally I can't wait for the beard trend to go away. Why dudes wanna hide their handsomeness under a layer of hair, I don't get it. One of my coworkers had quite the beard going on, he trimmed it down super short and now he looks completely different, in a positive way.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Fat Albert in a can posted:

Do it! What's the worst that can happen, waiting a few months for it to grow back?

Okay! I shaved off the dog fur from my mug and just put the beard in the toilet bowl and flushed it. Only kept my trademark sideburns (back in the oven factory, everybody called me Elvis)

Is this better or worse than before?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Still cute. :3: Better without the sideburns, though, I'm afraid, though Croatian women's standards may differ.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Okay! I shaved off the dog fur from my mug and just put the beard in the toilet bowl and flushed it. Only kept my trademark sideburns (back in the oven factory, everybody called me Elvis)

Worse imo, you should trim your sideburns

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

The burns need serious trimming or the beard has to come back, though I'm a) a man b) not croatian so not exactly your target demographic. I liked the beard but I wouldn't worry too much about appearances anyway, you don't look bad at all.

Where to meet women? Go out and do something, anything that involves other people. Make some more acquaintances or friends like mr. Weed and you're going to meet women at one point or another. Maybe one you like, even! You met the last nice chick reported itt dumper diving of all things so I have some faith in your social skills.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Shouldn't have flushed the beard

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

How about now? Trimmed the burns. Sorry for extremely poo poo picture quality, it was taken with a brickphone because I borrowed the camera to Mr. Weed and I didn't want to badger him at this hour just to take a picture of my face. :shobon:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Get rid of the sideburns!!!!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

redreader posted:

Oops, didn't see that. Yeah now you look like someone who plays a tough guy on TV or something. Looks way better without sideburns than with.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

redreader posted:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Sideburns look good actually, I like 'em.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

How about now? Trimmed the burns. Sorry for extremely poo poo picture quality, it was taken with a brickphone because I borrowed the camera to Mr. Weed and I didn't want to badger him at this hour just to take a picture of my face. :shobon:

Much better

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Old Binsby posted:

You met the last nice chick reported itt dumper diving of all things so I have some faith in your social skills.

Ehh I had huge beer goggles on at the time, Vesna was in fact a skanky druggie who was looking for a meth hookup, intending to pay in secks for the drugs which makes her a run of the mill hooker. Funny thing, she's now badgering Mr. Weed for drugs but he doesn't want to have anything with her because he has some standards while Vesna has every STD known to man, and Mr. Weed doesn't need that in his life. :)

By the way, tomorrow is the fourth anniversary of the surgery which saved my life, when they took out one of my balls because of cancer. Man, how time flies! And how well I recovered - racked up 57 kilometers on the bike today. :shobon:

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Okay! I shaved

So that's what was hiding under there 🙂

This just my opinion, I think more conservative sideburns would be worth a try. But if they're your thing and you'd be more comfortable keeping them, maybe try a little shorter and closer trimmed. E: which you did. Looking good!

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Ehh I had huge beer goggles on at the time, Vesna was in fact a skanky druggie who was looking for a meth hookup, intending to pay in secks for the drugs which makes her a run of the mill hooker. Funny thing, she's now badgering Mr. Weed for drugs but he doesn't want to have anything with her because he has some standards while Vesna has every STD known to man, and Mr. Weed doesn't need that in his life. :)

By the way, tomorrow is the fourth anniversary of the surgery which saved my life, when they took out one of my balls because of cancer. Man, how time flies! And how well I recovered - racked up 57 kilometers on the bike today. :shobon:

Is Vesna's nickname Proljece?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doctor Malaver posted:

:munch:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Doctor Malaver posted:

I have no idea - I was so drunk at the time that about the only thing I memorized about her is that she had dyed her hair blonde - and I more than likely wouldn't have recognized her if I saw her on the street today. The sentiment is probably mutual.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Welp misremembered that dumpster diving episode then, thought she was the doggo lady. The other part of my post still stands. Also the burns are much better now

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

:toot: Congratulations!

I also think you have cleaned up well. :wotwot:

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Not at all what I imagined you would look like from reading this thread for the past year.

You look drat fine here and scrub up real good!

As for meeting women, I am no casanova but the usual ways:

The Bar : Take Mr Weed to a trendy bar as a wing man, drink CONSERVATIVELY and just mingle with locals / regulars. Play a long game here and you should get to meet a girl eventually. Can be difficult if you suffer social anxiety.

Online Dating : Note as taboo as it used to be and is incredibly common and a respectable way to meet suitors. Not sure on what Croatia has on offer but OKC and Tinder seem to be most popular in the western world.

Singles Nights / Speed Dating : Can reek of desperation but they do exist for people in your situation, getting on in life with little dating experience and not sure of social etiquets. Thing to keep in mind here is everyone is as nervous as you at these events so try not to let the anxiety over run your thoughts.

Answer some lonely hearts ad : 99% of the ads will be scams but its an option I guess.

Main thing in all of this is to not oblitirate your mind on benzos or opiates when meeting / talking to women. Be yourself, no matter how crazy that sounds, no point hiding who you are of it will come out eventually, and remember, the man that asks 100 women on a date and goes on just 1 has still gone on 1 more date than the man that asked none. (Just dont get creepy and pushy)

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

I have no idea - I was so drunk at the time that about the only thing I memorized about her is that she had dyed her hair blonde - and I more than likely wouldn't have recognized her if I saw her on the street today. The sentiment is probably mutual.

That's not her then.

BTW not sure what you mean by 'meth'. There was no crystal meth in Croatia last I checked. Maybe speed? It's amphetamine, not methamphetamine (which is meth).

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Have you not ever found a woman in a dumpster?

ps: You look fine, should grow the beard back if you have to keep the burns though.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Hey Fatbeard, if you're lonely, why not hang out with friends? Or why not make some?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dance Officer posted:

Hey Fatbeard, if you're lonely, why not hang out with friends? Or why not make some?

I'm somewhat bummed out at the moment because I ran out of drugs and I'm parked at home with diarrhea, waiting for a refill which I'll get in a few days' time.

Actually, I'm avoiding my friends these days because I'm in less than ideal mood. That being said, I have lots of friends and, as a friendly neighborhood hobo, it's incredibly easy for me to make new friends - I just have to step out of the house and you'll bet fifteen people will say hello to me and ask how I'm doing. And that's a wonderful thing.
Now, what's bugging me a bit is that women immediately see me as a non-fuckable friend - and - you'll probably think that I'm gonna start pissing and moaning about the dreaded friend zone but no - I'm actually fine with that because my sex drive is close to nil and I'd be wasting everyone's time if I tried to get me a girlfriend. It's just that Mr. Weed is quite a ladies man, and it got me wondering the other day, "dammit dude, there ain't nothing wrong with you, so what the hell are you doing with your life?"

I eventually came to a realization that I'm just not cut out for secks. The best I could do is have some sort of charity secks (orchestrated by Mr. Weed) but when you think about it, is that really something you should pine for? Really? Heh. :ughh:

In the end, I JUST DON'T CARE. Sometimes I get myself wondering about these things and eventually come to a realization that I'm motivated only by jealousy ("dammit that guy can do it while I can't") and, as much as I hate using the word, I actually like being in the friend zone. After all is said and done, yeah, secks just ain't my thing. But at the same time, it sort of bugs me watching my life go by while I'm doing nothing. Not everyone is cut out for those things I suppose, and I'm one of them. :)

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

...eventually come to a realization that I'm motivated only by jealousy ("dammit that guy can do it while I can't")...

Not that it really matters given the English language is as flexible as an Asian contortionist, but you aren't jealous, you are envious. Jealousy is a worry that someone will take what you already have, envy is wanting what someone else has.

One is just humanity being a dick thinking they own everything, the other is a deadly sin created by Christianity to stop the masses from asking "why does the church have a solid gold altar and cross while my family of 5 eat slop out of a wooden bowl?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And don't feel bad for screwing that up, 80% of native speakers don't understand the difference either :engleft:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah I didn't know that either :v:

Also, how do you feel about this? https://np.reddit.com/r/croatia/comments/6us2pf/where_can_i_get_weed_in_biograd_na_moru_pls_pm_me/dluyew9/

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I'm not gonna accept this new meaning of the word jealousy.

Do you jerk off, Fatbeard?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Isn't ASF on a ton of opioids all the drat time? His Leydig cells are probably completely toast at this point.

That being said you kinda look like a cool Balkan Elvis ASF.

I'd keep the beard but maybe get some clippers and keep it at like 3cm long or something so it looks nice and groomed.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

dpack_1 posted:

Not that it really matters given the English language is as flexible as an Asian contortionist, but you aren't jealous, you are envious. Jealousy is a worry that someone will take what you already have, envy is wanting what someone else has.

I learned a new thing today! SA also taught me that guitars have "strings" and not "wires", and that the snakes are "venomous" and not "poisonous", and a few other examples I can't recall at the moment. :)

~the internet makes you stupid~

Tortuga posted:

Do you jerk off, Fatbeard?

I do - but maybe once or twice a week because it has turned into a chore. And even then I'm looking to get it over with as soon as possible and turn to something more productive.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Isn't ASF on a ton of opioids all the drat time? His Leydig cells are probably completely toast at this point.

I think you're on to something - "morning wood" to me is more of an exception than a rule. (I had to wiki up leydig cells) :)

By the way, I solved the Biperiden problem - Mr. Weed is happy to hold my pills for me - and I've instructed him never to give me more than 10 pills a day and not to feed me after midnight. Therefore I've spent the last few days high as gently caress and managed NOT to trash anything in the house, which is a huge achievement. This is beyond the scope of this post, I'll probably write more about it later today. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Wait, if A SWEATY FATBEARD was flushed down the toilet, then who is posting now???

In all seriousness though, good luck to you on dating. It's challenging, even for the best of us. Just have a ton of patience and you'll get there.

(Also I really liked the beard, but my opinion is irrelevant here.)