Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Leave it to the goons to cast aspersions on the character of a man who clearly loves to gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Leave it to the goons to cast aspersions on the character of a man who clearly loves to gently caress

It's not that, it's just that having more than like 3 kids is thought of as unseemly because it's associated with the poor/fringe religious sects.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's not that, it's just that having more than like 3 kids is thought of as unseemly because it's associated with the poor/fringe religious sects.

Or being rich as gently caress. Have as many kids as you want if you can pay for 'em.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cyborg's whole deal is being a football scholarship type; an accomplished athlete and brilliant student who is his own masterpiece, also struggling with the idea of his hard work and physical abilities being superceded by technology. He's pretty much Adam Jensen in that he never asked for this, but he has to make the most of it.

Whedon seems to have issues in that he thinks he's a lot better on feminist and probably general representation issues than he really is. See all the backlash he got for Black Widow in Age of Ultron.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Jenny Angel posted:

He has 8 kids; 4 from his first marriage, 2 from his second, and 2 are adopted.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Having a lot of kids is either poor education, you're a farmer, or a power play.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

porfiria posted:

or a power lay.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Mr. Apollo posted:

He had 8 kids; 4 from his first marriage, 2 from his second, and 2 are adopted.

ftfy

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sigh... I wanna be more disgusted by that joke than I am.

Anyway, I expect at least 5 jokes about Wonder Woman being a cougar now that Joss is making GBS threads the place up.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
It wasn't intended as a joke :smith:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Apollo posted:

He has 8 kids; 4 from his first marriage, 2 from his second, and 2 are adopted.

[piecing it together] He's hosed six or more times

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Martman posted:

Anyway, I expect at least 5 jokes about Wonder Woman being a cougar now that Joss is making GBS threads the place up.
TBF she looks really good for 5,000 years old.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Drifter posted:

Or being rich as gently caress. Have as many kids as you want if you can pay for 'em.

I feel like the stereotype for the rich is exactly the opposite, that they're all childless, loveless husks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Martman posted:

Sigh... I wanna be more disgusted by that joke than I am.

Something something, Cheetah.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

porfiria posted:

Having a lot of kids is either poor education, you're a farmer, or a power play.

Or you wanna build your own army, slowly.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

dude just wants his own league

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

well why not posted:

dude just wants his own league

One refused the call. :ohdear:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Wonder Woman is going to be the new Tony Stark.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tenzarin posted:

Wonder Woman is going to be the new Tony Stark.

Nah. WW doesn't seem like a complicated, flawed character who will be re-learning the same morality lesson every movie.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

Nah. WW doesn't seem like a complicated, flawed character who will be re-learning the same morality lesson every movie.

*stabs Steppenwolf in the face*
"I did it, guys, I stopped the invasion!"

:colbert:
*Darkseid gets off his couch*

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Cythereal posted:

Well, it's a bit early to rule out the latter

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I feel like the stereotype for the rich is exactly the opposite, that they're all childless, loveless husks.

I think the rich tend to have fewer kids for time management, cost control and risk mitigation due to man or woman divorcing and taking away their money. Plus Leo looks pretty happy going through the supermodel catalogs

That and the thought "raise one or two right and focus on them."

Gatts fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 19, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/SuperheroSteel/status/899053031127470080

Violator
May 15, 2003

Although all of those spoilers look real, so did most of the spoilers before BvS came out. I remember there being a multi-page bullet point list that leaked shortly before the movie came out that turned out to be almost entirely incorrect, but I can't find that so here are some leaked spoilers from a couple of "reputable" sources that claimed to see a pre-release cut of the movie about a month before release that were pretty widely reported on various sites.

• No cliffhanger. Film ends with the Justice League members knowing about each other and agreeing to work together again if anything bad happens like this again. Batman was reluctant though.
  • Ezra Miller's Flash is witty and doesn't take things too seriously. He introduces himself to others as the Central City blur they might have been hearing about
  • Wonder Woman explains who Aquaman is when he first appears. Wonder Woman doesn't particularly like him.
  • There was a scene where he was branding a criminal, and he had the biggest smile on his face.
  • Jena Malone plays a crippled Barbara Gordon. She doesn't have much screentime, but she does make a Killing Joke reference about an amusement park incident involving her now retired father.
  • Scoot is playing Jimmy Olsen who was injured during the events of Man of Steel. He does not blame Superman like the others, but supports him and views him as a hero. He has a popular blog about Superman.
  • You will see a fully assembled Justice League by the end of the film.
  • Green Lantern's costume wasn't full CGI, but had CGI enhancements. White gloves and domino mask are all there. He has blonde highlights. Amboyer as Hal Jordan was funny. He was cocky and he had every right to be with all the cool stuff he did.
  • Snyder didn’t miss out on the chance to pack in plenty of easter eggs and references to other members of Batman’s Rogues Gallery. There are multiple Riddler question marks visible throughout the film, and even a glimpse of a freeze gun – the weapon of choice of Mr. Freeze – visible in the Batcave.
  • Fans can look forward to not one, but TWO battles of the title superheroes. For the first showdown, Batman relies on his Batmobile to even the playing field, soon learning that it’s still no match for Kryptonian physiology. It sounds like it’s this fight that ends with Superman cornering the Batmobile, and tearing it open to stand face to face with the Dark Knight.
  • Batman takes the Kryptonite-weakened Superman into his Batcave, and throws him into a specially-constructed cell lined with the same radioactive material (as suspected, with some help from Lex Luthor). In the end, Superman escapes when Alfred (Jeremy Irons) releases him without Bruce’s knowledge.
  • LEX GOES BALD FROM KRYPTONITE POISONING
  • DIANA PRINCE IS INTRODUCED AS THE THEMYSCIRA AMBASSADOR
  • LEX DEVELOPS AN ANTI-ALIEN DRONE ARMY
  • THE JUSTICE LEAGUE ASSEMBLES IN THE THIRD ACT
  • EZRA MILLER’S FLASH WILL DEBUT IN COSTUME
  • IT’S A SELF-CONTAINED STORY, NOT A JUSTICE LEAGUE CLIFFHANGER

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I remember someone posting of Reddit that they had seen a test screening of BvS and a lot of that sounds similar; especially the drone army bit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They really are/were going with Lex as Tony Stark.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I remember an interview with Michael Shannon before BvS came out where he talked about doing some mocap work for the new movie and having flippers on his hands. Speculations blew up for a hot minute and people got really stupid on the Internet, and then Shannon twittered that it was a joke. God times.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Joss Whedon Is a ‘Hypocrite Preaching Feminist Ideals,’ Ex-Wife Kai Cole Says

:allbuttons:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Makes no sense. It's not like creepy nerds exploiting their institutional power over young women has been a repeating theme in his work or something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Josh Wheldon has gone too far this time.

His wife claims he was having an affair on the set of BtVS, but I think maybe he was having an affair on the set of one of his movies and she just got confused because it looked like a TV show.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 21, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ferrinus posted:

Makes no sense. It's not like creepy nerds exploiting their institutional power over young women has been a repeating theme in his work or something.
You know what they say, 'write what you know'.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Josh Wheldon has gone too far this time.

His wife claims he was having an affair on the set of BtVS, but I think maybe he was having an affair on the set of one of his movies and she just got confused because it looked like a TV show.

God drat. :laugh:

Savage.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

:lol: if anyone is surprised by this. Whedon has always been a fake, virtue signaling gently caress.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

It would be super funny if he secretly voted for Trump.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

RedSpider posted:

:lol: if anyone is surprised by this. Whedon has always been a fake, virtue signaling gently caress.

Don't say virtue signalling. It's a stupid as gently caress term.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

It would be super funny if he secretly voted for Trump.

Well, he attacks the appearance of women he dislikes on twitter, just like Trump does. Now, he allegedly cheats on women and takes advantage of them, just like Trump does. Go figure.

Snowman_McK posted:

Don't say virtue signalling. It's a stupid as gently caress term.

I didn't mean to trigger you.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

RedSpider posted:

[thoughtfully] Probably, it was what you were trying to do

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chris Evans apparently hated working for Whedon so much he wanted to give up acting.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Saying virtue signaling is virtue signaling that you're not into virtue signaling.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Codependent Poster posted:

Chris Evans apparently hated working for Whedon so much he wanted to give up acting.

Chris Evans = Good, Joss Whedon = Bad ain't exactly a new development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

RedSpider posted:

Well, he attacks the appearance of women he dislikes on twitter, just like Trump does. Now, he allegedly cheats on women and takes advantage of them, just like Trump does. Go figure.

Anyone who uses the term virtue signalling seriously is an idiot, sorry.