Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Microsoft has a horrible habit of buying out great app developers, trying to integrate them then forgetting about it all and moving on leaving a once great app that was continuously updated dead and their own implementation very half-assed.

MS is just all over the place still. Either Nadella is just as bad as Ballmer or he needs way more time to undo the Ballmer-era garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Every phone is woefully outdated before it actually stops working.

Precisely.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I still have an S5 edge cuz all I do with my phone is shitpost and listen to podcasts

I have enough dumb loving things to spend money on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

I had a Lumia 900, it was great. Windows Phone was the only mobile OS anyone has ever made that was actually competitive with iOS from a usability perspective.

webos :smith:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

I still have an S5 edge cuz all I do with my phone is shitpost and listen to podcasts

I have enough dumb loving things to spend money on

Do mean S6 Edge? :smuggo:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have an S7 and I hate it. I'd consider switching to an iPhone but I can't hack the lack of a headphone jack.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I got a one plus 2 and then some $99 Chinese piece of poo poo for wrenching that is the absolute definition of garbage.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah lol shows how much I care about what it is.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think I've ever not been dissapointed with an Android phone. Galaxy Nexus was probably the least bad one, I disliked the Nexus 6(?) and outright hate my Galaxy Edge S7.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Bose is a great brand

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I got a one plus 2 and then some $99 Chinese piece of poo poo for wrenching that is the absolute definition of garbage.

I had a OnePlus 2 before I got fed up with it. The camera was clunky, the calls sounded bad and after a couple months the thing just started to really stutter bad. Sold it for like $200 to an acquintance that loves it still and I went and dumped $900 on a brand new iPhone SE direct from Apple with AppleCare. I regret every item purchased in this post.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Like I said it works fine for podcasts and various social media garbage. I care a lot less about my phone when I'm not working. And I don't plan on going back for a while

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The least bad Android Phone I tried was a friend's Xperia Z3 Compact which sold like poo poo here because Sony is absolutely useless at marketing anything other than the Playstation in the US.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
My girlfriends Nexus 6P is hot garbage. The phone shuts itself off at random battery intervals from as high as 40% to down to around 15%. Apparently it's a known issue and Huawei didn't really do anything about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have a standard S6 and it serves me well.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I had a OnePlus 2 before I got fed up with it. The camera was clunky, the calls sounded bad and after a couple months the thing just started to really stutter bad. Sold it for like $200 to an acquintance that loves it still and I went and dumped $900 on a brand new iPhone SE direct from Apple with AppleCare. I regret every item purchased in this post.

The only issue I've had with it is if you hold it funny it'll drop calls, but I cant be bothered enough to care about that. I can't imagine spending $900 on a phone, there's so much poo poo I'd rather buy before that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

The only issue I've had with it is if you hold it funny it'll drop calls, but I cant be bothered enough to care about that. I can't imagine spending $900 on a phone, there's so much poo poo I'd rather buy before that.

Which is precisely why I regret the purchase. The phone itself is great and AppleCare is a warranty service I have complete faith in. But lmao $900 what the gently caress was I on #bose

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That's not a problem, though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

That's not a problem, though.

Planned obsolescence is absolutely a problem.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

hwhat

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fer...2815961797.html

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Buying that

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

It would be a problem if it were actually happening.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Can I get one but with Lewis Hamilton having a business meeting with his helmet whilst wearing #bose headphones?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Buying that

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Browsing AliExpress always feels like I'm in a fever dream.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That should be printed upside down on the inside of the shirt so you can pull your shirt over your head and pretend you're him.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Wirth1000 posted:

$900 iPhone SE

Where do you live that you have to pay $900 for a phone that goes for $399 in the US?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Where do you live that you have to pay $900 for a phone that goes for $399 in the US?

Canada.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

+ $13 shipping + tax = $961.63 CAD

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The CRTC which is like our FCC made the phone providers stop loving us with stupid poo poo like random surcharges and 3 year contracts, so they responded by limiting phone subsidies to $120+ a month plans.

Now one of their lobbyists is in charge of the CRTC so they're gonna go back to loving us with stupid poo poo on top of that.

e: you can get a free iphone 7 through rogers if you pay $95/month for 2gb of data and 300 local minutes.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Oh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
At what point is a plane ticket or a friend in another country cheaper?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Powershift posted:

The CRTC which is like our FCC made the phone providers stop loving us with stupid poo poo like random surcharges and 3 year contracts, so they responded by limiting phone subsidies to $120+ a month plans.

Now one of their lobbyists is in charge of the CRTC so they're gonna go back to loving us with stupid poo poo on top of that.

e: you can get a free iphone 7 through rogers if you pay $95/month for 2gb of data and 300 local minutes.

2GB of data?

Ouch. I'm on a SIM-only plan for £19 a month that includes Spotify Premium, 16GB data, unlimited calls and unlimited SMS

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Canada's telecom market is like Exhibit 1 for how capitalism has failed. Remember back in the old days when they actually broke up monopolies? Lol gently caress you pay $90/month for 2 gigs of data and no call display and be happy about it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Canada's telecom market is like Exhibit 1 for how capitalism has failed. Remember back in the old days when they actually broke up monopolies? Lol gently caress you pay $90/month for 2 gigs of data and no call display and be happy about it.

UJHHHH EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!

But you GET CALL DISPLAY FOR FREE.

It only shows you the number. Name display is like an extra $5/mth to see whose calling you (if you don't have them in your contacts) lol

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

1500quidporsche posted:

Lmbo. I pay 25 bucks for 10gb of data and unlimited calls/texts.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Funny how everyone races to get plans from the two provinces left that up until recently had government owned carriers because everybody had to lower their rates to compete.

Weird how that worked.:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Brainwrong posted:

2GB of data?

Ouch. I'm on a SIM-only plan for £19 a month that includes Spotify Premium, 16GB data, unlimited calls and unlimited SMS

That would be $180 a month through rogers, $185 through bell, $175 through telus.

We only just recently have even been given the option of data packages over 6gb. overage fees are 10 cents a megabyte.

The lovely part is that they bought our politicans for like $1500. this is really the most pathetic country.

• Locked thread