Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Epic High Five posted:

uh, is Cernovich going antifa

If he thinks that's where the money is, but, uh, I dunno. He's always says word garbage that doesn't make sense so let's see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Mariana Horchata posted:

soccer just cant werk in USA cause of the 45min long periods of play cause that means u cant run commercials

thats p much it

how very
I dunno you guys had that show about the USS enterprise (the real boat not the spaceship) which was shown w/o breaks in its original run due to sponsorship.

Can imagine the same happening with soccer.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Antitha

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sojenus posted:

baseball is the best sport to watch in person because you don't watch it and just yell out of your mouth full of beer when you hear a loud crack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a_pxcoFAvQ

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Epic High Five posted:

once you go fa you never go ba

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

cernovich would be the worst antifa because the bandana would be useless the second you hear his voice

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
HAR HAR

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/898908415656964096

EAT poo poo ROBERT E LEE

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

He's trying to distance himself from the alt-right. He was one of the masculinists, his whole thing was MEN need to be MEN and NOT MASTURBATE or WASH THEIR HAIR. He thinks he can bail out of it. I... don't think he can, because who the gently caress is gonna listen to him?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wut?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/theindiealto/status/897274286951497729

these monsters wont be stopped :qq:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sojenus posted:

cernovich would be the worst antifa because the bandana would be useless the second you hear his voice

end fathithm! rethitht!

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Thernovithly: we neeth to smath the thate

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

jBrereton posted:

I dunno you guys had that show about the USS enterprise (the real boat not the spaceship) which was shown w/o breaks in its original run due to sponsorship.

Can imagine the same happening with soccer.

well i guess if ur sponsored by the military industrial complex then the whole usa tv rulebook gets fired out the fkn window, no?~

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

these girls have the right idea and all sports announcers should spend their time making GBS threads on random crowd members

you could say both sides are right

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grondoth posted:

He's trying to distance himself from the alt-right. He was one of the masculinists, his whole thing was MEN need to be MEN and NOT MASTURBATE or WASH THEIR HAIR. He thinks he can bail out of it. I... don't think he can, because who the gently caress is gonna listen to him?

it's pretty much the only place for him though

antifa isn't obsessed with masculinity or trying to create and grow a social media brand which is the only particular pond the alt-light fish can live in

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

literally modern art :cabot:

RT'd

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

wow a new generation has different priorities in life from their parents and grandparents

isn't that immoral???

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mariana Horchata posted:

oh oh that reminds me i downloaded that movie but never watched it

on a scale from 1 to 10 how badly do i need 2 watch it rn??

doesnt PSH (:rip: :( ) play like a greek steve bannon/karl rove type? fk im prob gonna just watch rn anyways

it's worth a watch, but not mind blowing. i would say 5. the actors are all really good though.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

jerry seinfel posted:

Thernovithly: we neeth to smath the thate

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the other day I ordered mashed and spiced avocado toast with onions and corn on top from a salad joint I dont get what the big deal is it's tasty it's reasonably filling its super healthy and it came with a side of greens and it's the same price or cheaper than a normal lunch would cost. I dont get what's the big deal or the complaints about it is. it's healthy and delicious I like it alot!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hockey has the best playoffs, period, and is really good on tv and even better live

soccer is fine on tv but games where both teams are pretty bad can be sorta painful to watch. it just varies a lot. one of the best regular games i remember watching was some 0-0 draw between chels and swansea, iirc, cause there were some ridiculous chances

it's still a super fun sport in person. i went to a crystal palace match once cause it was what i had the capacity to go see and it was a great time, though selhurst park is a shithole cause it's so old

Caveman Cat
Oct 20, 2012

MAJOR

:lol: I was just thinking this was perfect for Space Harrier or something.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Lol

"Why are millennials killing their bosses?"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Mariana Horchata posted:

well i guess if ur sponsored by the military industrial complex then the whole usa tv rulebook gets fired out the fkn window, no?~
I for one see great things in the Raytheon Premier League's future.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

its dumb because super food fads are dumb but diet fads arent a millenial invention so who cares

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

the other day I ordered mashed and spiced avocado toast with onions and corn on top from a salad joint I dont get what the big deal is it's tasty it's reasonably filling its super healthy and it came with a side of greens and it's the same price or cheaper than a normal lunch would cost. I dont get what's the big deal or the complaints about it is. it's healthy and delicious I like it alot!

difference is sin, conformity is virtue

that's really all there is to it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Grondoth posted:

does he not understand how the internet works?

like dude his gorilla cum mindset poo poo is all out there. also his proudboy/alex jones poo poo.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

i think openly denouncing nazis and tell them to gently caress off immediately is a social service enough, as more people will follow suit obviously. You set that standard that it's not okay so you don't need to be at an event to get credit for it that some people think that you need to be there to validate it like some kind of merit badge, missing the point completely. Nobody can be everywhere at anytime at once, it's stupid and disingenuous and only breeds more division because you're now trying to do this lovely purity test.

Speak up in your community if you see things like that happening and people are being bystanders. I've started to think of the times I've ignored or kept quiet when hate speech was happening in front of me, as a dismissive thing. It was a different time though, but when you have a president who is actively

ACTIVELY trying to set the standard that it's okay to have that sort of hate speech go on, then you should be vigilant and shut it down. We still have a big issue with accountability, which is why it's important to take it up as an American citizen, it is your duty to quash that sort of hate in a public space, and I'm glad people showed up in a major city by the droves in a democracy to show that representation that not everything should be tolerated. Republicans wanted to do away with PC culture, well the monkey paw curled on that one for them.

:agreed:

i always try to take a few steps back and look big picture and thats always a confusing stochastic mess (and it infects how i talk about everything) but being the best person you can whenever and wherever you can is something to always strive towards

i hope nobody took what i said to say showing up is BAD, its just kind of the weird thing where yeah a single person's vote almost certainly doesn't matter on the individual scale (and a single person deciding to stay home to watch tv doesnt change the rally) but u still want the aggregate to do the right thing, and then you just kinda hope they do it for the right reasons

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

avocado toast wont exist in 5 years, which is fine

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

jBrereton posted:

Searingly hot take: all sports can be enjoyable on TV when played + commentated well, but if you like being in a crowd w/ your m8s are p much always fun to attend.

never thought i would empty quote you, but here we are

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mike cernovich welcome to #theresistance

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

triple sulk posted:

hockey has the best playoffs, period, and is really good on tv and even better live

word.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ArmZ posted:

it's worth a watch, but not mind blowing. i would say 5. the actors are all really good though.

its not a fkn sorkin script is it?

if so cancel that im gonna watch marie antoinette instead staring kirsten dunst and jason schwartzman

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wenger out

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So I hear Boston stopped the Nazis today?
https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/status/898942018881286145

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Mariana Horchata posted:

oh oh that reminds me i downloaded that movie but never watched it

on a scale from 1 to 10 how badly do i need 2 watch it rn??

doesnt PSH (:rip: :( ) play like a greek steve bannon/karl rove type? fk im prob gonna just watch rn anyways

id say an 8 or so??? PSH is fuckin awesome in it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ConanOBrien/status/898961549032906752

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
I just substitute "Lifestyle columnists" for "Millennials" whenever I see it in print.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Crusader posted:

mike cernovich welcome to #theresistance
#therethithtanthe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
"professional athletes"