Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The ITS uploading feature is loving terrible, it's locked me out of starting round 2.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Crossposting from the painting thread:

stabbington posted:

I've been on a big kick painting my Yu Jing Imperial Service for a local Infinity league, and finished up the promo version of the Crane Rank a few days ago. Really happy with how this guy turned out, I'm getting a lot better at non-metallic gold.

Sorry about the crap pictures, there's only so much you can do with fluorescent lighting, a cell phone, and a sheet of paper. Once I finish more of the army I'll take the time to reshoot it with my good setup.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
loving owns, that's a great job.

S.J. posted:

Anyone have a good list of US based sellers of 4x4 mats? I know about the war store, but I'd like to keep shipping times to a minimum if I can.

I don't have a list but I've purchased from http://www.tablewar.com/the-f-a-t-mat/4x4-f-a-t-mat/ and don't recall any egregious wait times.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

S.J. posted:

Anyone have a good list of US based sellers of 4x4 mats? I know about the war store, but I'd like to keep shipping times to a minimum if I can.

Having attended tournies in St. Louis, I know about Mats by Mars: https://matsbymars.com/

Played on their mats multiple times, I think they're ok though I don't own any myself.

Note their FAQ says to contact them if for whatever reason you can't get shipping to work.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Pyrolocutus posted:

Having attended tournies in St. Louis, I know about Mats by Mars: https://matsbymars.com/

Played on their mats multiple times, I think they're ok though I don't own any myself.

Note their FAQ says to contact them if for whatever reason you can't get shipping to work.

Yeah I haven't bought these because I don't want vinyl, but thanks.

BlackIronHeart posted:

loving owns, that's a great job.

I don't have a list but I've purchased from http://www.tablewar.com/the-f-a-t-mat/4x4-f-a-t-mat/ and don't recall any egregious wait times.

Gotcha, I know about FAT mats I was just hoping there would be someone in the US other than the war store that had micro arts mats or anything in stock, I should've been more specific. I'm not paying 25-40 bucks to ship a 45 dollar mat.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Crosspost!

Ilor posted:

Still some finishing touches left to do on the bases, but I finished my first two Janissaries (a Missile Launcher and an Akbar Doctor):

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

More like RaddIslam. Looking good mate!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Lookin' sharp. They pop more than the studio paints for sure.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

grassy gnoll posted:

:agreed:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

grassy gnoll posted:

...which is weird, because it's pretty much straight up exactly like the studio scheme. Minor variations here and there, but same basic palette.

Thanks, though!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Watched Tarik get four crits in one game. Feeling good!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Flipswitch posted:

Watched Tarik get four crits in one game. Feeling good!

How many of them were on 1s?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Ask me about calling Carlos Bostria "fatty".

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Hey, Areista at gencon!

http://i.imgur.com/cmObLXN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QrXIBoR.jpg

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ilor posted:

How many of them were on 1s?
Two of em. So literally even in this case. It's kinda bias though because you'll actively remember his crits. My overdron got crit twice by a moderator fire team but I'll forget it eventually you know?

For ref though I think this is a strong skill but not the end of the game. I think Mutts are a way bigger problem in Haqq.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 17, 2017

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I introduced a new player to the game today. She got 3 crits in a row in her first match.

Two of them were on a single opposed roll.

They were 12s with Fusiliers. She went on to crit another three times over the next two Icestorm missions.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Ilor posted:

Crosspost!

These are Hekim awesome.

stabbington posted:

Crossposting from the painting thread:

That cool blue looks ace! Such a great mini

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Gencon seminar underway at https://www.twitch.tv/doremicom

Already shown: Blackjack, Szalamandra renders

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Oh my. The new Avatar.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That new avatar holy poo poo

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Szalamandra is where it's at for me!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

New Hassassin box has a Muyib in.

Which means they're probably updating Muyibs.

Which means the 5 Muyibs I literally just finished painting, and the extra 5 I have coming in the post for conversions and a Asawira Harris are probably going to be outdated soon.

:negative:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Xaerael posted:

Which means the 5 Muyibs I literally just finished painting, and the extra 5 I have coming in the post for conversions and a Asawira Harris are probably going to be outdated soon.

Didn't we find out about the new Muyibs weeks ago at Interplanetary?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Xaerael posted:

Yea these were announced a week or so ago my friend

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Didn't we find out about the new Muyibs weeks ago at Interplanetary?

I've not been keeping totally up to date. I've had the Muyibs part painted for a while now, but only just got around to finishing them.

TBH, looking at the admittedly fuzzy images, they look fairly similar to the old ones. So it might actually turn out that I can just offload my spares and use the new ones alongside the old ones.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Flipswitch posted:

That new avatar holy poo poo

Pics or it didn't happen.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

e: what you can't see very well is it's standing on a dead Gorgos.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Any pics of the new szalamandra?

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

Any pics of the new szalamandra?

Posting from phone but it looks awesome

http://imgur.com/a/CcNgJ

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

plester1 posted:

Posting from phone but it looks awesome

http://imgur.com/a/CcNgJ

Thanks, that is indeed awesome

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Got some better quality pics of the newstuffs.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Are there any plans for releasing more fat yuan-yuan like models? I want an entire operator team of fat dudes doing funny action movie stuff.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Chill la Chill posted:

Are there any plans for releasing more fat yuan-yuan like models? I want an entire operator team of fat dudes doing funny action movie stuff.

If you do, please paint them all like Steven Seagal

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
[quote="Xaerael" post="475556986"]
Got some better quality pics of the newstuffs.

What is that thing in the middle? It looks cool!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Black jack. USAriadna heavy infantry

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I dunno, the Aliens power loader look is pretty sweet, but the giant gun and ammo can are a little too much.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

What gets me about the gun is how it looks like a gun that's supposed to be held in two hands, but then they took it and welded the butt onto the frame. Doesn't feel like something that was made for the frame.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Giant weapons shoulder mounted on big HI is a yu jing thing, stupid Europeans are not allowed to copy.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

Giant weapons shoulder mounted on big HI is a yu jing thing, stupid Europeans are not allowed to copy.
Only after inferior yujinese copied glorious PanO tags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

OK, I'm in love with Hassassin Bahram. Muyibs own and Al Djabel is manifest paranoia.

Highlight of last game: LGL smoke Kusanagi, walk the Muyib Fireteam over to her only to reveal Yasbir was hanging out with them ready to get stabby.

I need to try the Farzan minelayer "you can't leave your DZ without getting blown the gently caress up" bullshittery next.

• Locked thread