Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

At this point? gently caress it, doxx the nazis.

Yeah, there was that ugly incident where someone was wrongly identified as a torch-wielding nazi and got harassed. That was dumb and regrettable, and if the left/antifa are going to doxx people they can't be sloppy about it. And yes, purposefully getting people fired over their political beliefs kinda makes us look like hypocrites.

But we should know by now that letting these fuckers off the hook purely for the sake of moral or intellectual consistency won't get us the same treatment in return. People get fired all the time for leftist political beliefs, just ask any union organizer. And if there's no legal penalty for being an unhooded white supremacist marching in broad daylight, there drat well should be social and economic ones.

Remember, the whole point of all this "free speech" rhetoric coming from the far right over the past few years is to try to make open racism and fascism socially acceptable again. It's up to the rest of us to make sure that doesn't happen, whether by physical confrontation or by making them unemployable, unlikable, and unfuckable social pariahs.

E: also sometimes doxxing is the only way to exact actual justice. The nazis who beat the poo poo out of DeAndre Harris in Charlottesville (next door to the goddamn police station ffs) are being hunted down online and in real life by doxxers because the police literally don't give a gently caress about bringing his assailants to justice.

Rhesus Pieces fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

And yes, purposefully getting people fired over their political beliefs kinda makes us look like hypocrites.

is "genocide subhuman races" really a political belief?

Serf
May 5, 2011

yoober posted:

don't you see? that's just their opinion

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"They might try and doxx the left too" isn't really a threat because they've been trying it for some time now

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

yoober posted:

I guess it can be a religious one too

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's not doxxing to identify nazis who have YouTube channels under their own names where they talk about being nazis and then show up to a nazi rally in public

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Calling someone's boss will always be a snitch move to me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

Calling someone's boss will always be a snitch move to me.

Maybe they shouldn't have been a nazi if they didn't want people to judge them like Nazis

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Ok maim them or whatever but calling the boss is the most busybody Facebook liberal tactic.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

oatgan posted:

"They might try and doxx the left too" isn't really a threat because they've been trying it for some time now

I'm on at least two "antifa unmasked" posters that I know of because some ninny forgot to make the group we use for sharing memes secret ror like a day

They can't pin anything to me and my facebook is years out of date (and I did a good job scrubbing stuff over a period where I was at risk of being swatted) but yeah

Also re masking up an actual discussion my group has every time something goes down is who's willing to do what and who's masking up. We've got a couple people who are in redneck revolt, so they can't mask up, and they don't go straight to the front to take a punch. The people who can, and are willing to, do.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
We don't call the manager on Nazis, we call the loving morgue.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

GalacticAcid posted:

Ok maim them or whatever but calling the boss is the most busybody Facebook liberal tactic.

Hey hey that's not true, liberals only call bosses on leftists

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

"Run the risk of going to jail and martyring one of these shitheads so there's literally no benefit to anyone but them, but getting them fired is bad"

gently caress you

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:qq: forums poster disapproves of snitching to the boss, better get mad.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hi my name is dickeye one of my biggest roles in my crew is interfacing with leftist org in my area and reassuring them that antifa aren't all crazy assholes looking for a fight and that we don't plan on throwing the first punch but we'll drat sure throw the last one, so believe me when I tell you that throwing the first punch is not always a good thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

:qq: forums poster disapproves of snitching to the boss, better get mad.

Yeah you're right the only consequence they should suffer is possibly violence, and if there's nobody near them willing to do that well I guess that's how the cookie crumbles,

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If you wanna talk about how there should be stronger labor protections so people engaging in politics can't get fired, that's fine, but a standard where you can't identify people leading a public rally is silly

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I was listening to Cum Town, America's number one leftist podcast, and Nick Mullen said he was against doxxing because it could target the wrong people and also because it could be used against the left (what's to stop employers from firing people for involvement with Antifa?)
Do you think this is a valid argument against doxxing, Chapo thread?

the second the organized left poses a real threat to capital, they'll be put down with an unthinkable level of state violence

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I think there should be stronger Nazi protection and by that I mean protections from Nazis and by that I mean see them driven before you

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Yeah I don't have a problem identifying them, they should be identified. But literally calling someone's boss... do what you want, but that will never be me.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
re: doxxing (an xpost)

Powaqoatse posted:

speaking of secfucks, someone hacked a nazi merch webstore and handed over their customer db to Swedish antifa

theve sent out letters saying "if you can explain why you bought nazi memorabilia, please write back so we can remove your name from the list that will be published in one week"

https://twitter.com/NiclasWestlake/status/898195585802620928

closet nazis are freaking the hell out :3:

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Is there a translation of the letter somewhere?

My PIN is 4826 posted:

dunno, but here's my liberal translation

quote:

Hello,

Your name has come to our attention because you have ordered products from the nazi website Midgård in the past. We would like to remind you that your identity is never fully protected when you are ordering nazi products over the internet. Nazi websites such as Midgård always assure their customers that their information is safe, but we always find out.

We have located all customers in in Skåne and Blekinge [two southern Swedish counties], and you are one of them. We therefore ask that you contact your local AFA branch to explain why you have ordered products from Midgård. We are planning to publish details of customers in Skåne and Blekinge,and if you don't want your details included - e.g. if you are not a nazi, or have left the nazi movement, we would like you to get in touch. Otherwise, you risk having your picture and personal information published on our website. If you do not contact us, we will assume you are a nazi and act accordingly. If we find you particularly interesting, we will contact your employer, neighbours and family directly.

Keep in mind that employers, landlords and others often Google for names, and we know from experience that our publications cause issues for nazis. When contacting us, please remember to provide a valid e-mail address, as we receive many e-mails. You can also visit our website https://www.antifa.se and use the contact form. Be prepared to answer some simple questions.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
any tactic that you employ against the enemy can also be turned against you. we are all fighting with sticks, then someone pulls out a knife, then everyone else has to start knife fighting or else die from stab wounds. my thoughts on this are fuzzy but i guess people who are against dropping dox fear the escalation. maybe we'll lose once the knives come out? maybe things are gonna get out of control. whats the world gonna look like when driving a car into a crowd of enemy protestors becomes standard. its kind of scary

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I think there should be stronger Nazi protection and by that I mean protections from Nazis and by that I mean see them driven before you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Law Cheetah posted:

any tactic that you employ against the enemy can also be turned against you. we are all fighting with sticks, then someone pulls out a knife, then everyone else has to start knife fighting or else die from stab wounds. my thoughts on this are fuzzy but i guess people who are against dropping dox fear the escalation. maybe we'll lose once the knives come out? maybe things are gonna get out of control. whats the world gonna look like when driving a car into a crowd of enemy protestors becomes standard. its kind of scary

Don't brinf a knife to a lacrosse ball in a sock fight

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I'll take the crowd of 3000 angry new yorkers over the 200 guys with knives any day

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

dylguy90 posted:

I'll take the crowd of 3000 angry new yorkers over the 200 guys with knives any day

Knife guys get trampled to a thunderous roar of IM WALKIN HERE

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
A stampede of timbs

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

GalacticAcid posted:

A stampede of timbs

New York values, even.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

oatgan posted:

RedWatch was set up in 1992 in the UK by Combat 18 specifically to give out the personal information of leftists in order to intimidate them, so doxxing Nazis is fair game in my eyes.

I did meet an antifa guy at uni who had fun with this though. He'd publish the information of fascists on their own doxxing websites along with some information about how they're an undercover leftist and a race traitor or something, just to poo poo stir.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
we're social fucken animals and we need to show these people that their beliefs have consequences, if naming and shaming and/or calling their employer/family is what we need to do to do that, then so be it

thing is though, the tactic should only ever be "just letting you know this guy is a nazi, bye" like we shouldn't be trying to intimidate or threaten anyone, we just have to let people know that there's fascists in their midst and let the social order play out, that's how we can distinguish ourselves from the right and similar tactics they've used in the past

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

Yeah I don't have a problem identifying them, they should be identified. But literally calling someone's boss... do what you want, but that will never be me.

i don't have any sympathy for the nazis that get fired or whatever, but people need to be honest with themselves and admit that it has nothing to do with morality or changing the world, it's just adults jumping at the chance to finally be on the other side of bullying for once in their lives

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

E: also sometimes doxxing is the only way to exact actual justice. The nazis who beat the poo poo out of DeAndre Harris in Charlottesville (next door to the goddamn police station ffs) are being hunted down online and in real life by doxxers because the police literally don't give a gently caress about bringing his assailants to justice.
Our police force loving sucks. It's especially rich that they won't investigate the beating of a young black man right next to their station when they have no problem following black male UVA students just walking down to the loving Corner for a bagel.

In light of the rally on campus, other thing I'd like to mention about our glorious city is that we have a a no-poo poo segregated fraternity system. I didn't realize this until I read the linked article, even though I literally walk through the aftermath of UVA fraternity parties every weekday.

yoober posted:

Yes. What do you think politics is?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Neon Belly posted:

New York values, even.

:hai:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

little munchkin posted:

i don't have any sympathy for the nazis that get fired or whatever, but people need to be honest with themselves and admit that it has nothing to do with morality or changing the world, it's just adults jumping at the chance to finally be on the other side of bullying for once in their lives

Lmbo gently caress off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This is the guy who called white supremacy a dead meme a couple days ago just in case anyone is wondering

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

This is the guy who called white supremacy a dead meme a couple days ago just in case anyone is wondering

that was a quote from a post that was like two above mine. misguided callout culture ftw

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If being a Nazi in public means you get fired and shunned fewer people will be openly Nazi because they're mostly cowards. Fewer public Nazis is good.

Now if we can just get cops with Nazi tattoos fired, then we'll be cooking with gas.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
probably not a good idea to be using gas metaphors around nazi issues

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

idk about you guys but if i were a nazi i'd but my head in an oven

wai-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011