Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Josh Lyman posted:

Hasan strikes me as someone who thinks he much funnier than he actually is. You can see this especially during the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

Definitely been sniffing his own farts.

Watch his stand up special. It will reinforce your opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Before I peaced out of TDS Roy Wood Jr. was hands-down the best of the correspondent team, and I can only assume that this has continued to be the case since.

Michelle Wolf was often enough to make me instantly change the loving channel, tho.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
e: nm

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Michelle Wolf should be commended for somehow having a career in stand up with that voice.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Gilbert Godfrey of women.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Godfrey's voice actually adds to the material, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd listen to more audio books if Godfrey did the readings.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's Gottfried.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yes, you're right. Google auto complete failed me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

And you failed the rest of us!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i like trevor noah a lot but i stopped watching regularly when they took it off hulu

last week tonight is the better show but it's unfair to compare since they have a lot more time to write better jokes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

It's Gottfried.

Not on Earth C.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Gilbert Godfrey Ho

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I haven't watched tds in months because Viacom got dropped from psvue but I liked Trevor and he still seems okay from the clips I see posted on Facebook.

I don't really keep up with any of them anymore because there is no satire they can make that is more absurd than reality at this point.

I didn't know about Sam Bee palling around with Glenn Beck though, wtf? I mean Beck is faking it harder than anyone and has been for years, but he's in way too deep with people who actually believe his poo poo to break kayfabe.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She did an interview with him when he was briefly doing a "I was wrong to criticize the left and the media, Trump is worse" thing. He's since done a 180 on that, I believe, and Bee's critics blame her for giving him a voice for his nonsense.

I like all three shows but I tend to watch in fits and lulls. Right now I'm way too engrossed in news and such to really enjoy the satire regularly so I'm only watching Oliver and occasionally Bee. When Oliver's season ends I'll probably pick Noah back up.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She interviews Beck for her show and he talked about how ridiculous and over the top his old show on Fox was. But he's a hypocrite since he just hired Tami Lahren to do the same thing on his network.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

She interviews Beck for her show and he talked about how ridiculous and over the top his old show on Fox was. But he's a hypocrite since he just hired Tami Lahren to do the same thing on his network.

And then fired her when she expressed pro-choice sentiment

Which made Bee coddling up with him loving hilarious.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

... That's it? You don't think calling an interview "coddling" isn't a teensy bit of an exaggeration?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

raditts posted:

... That's it? You don't think calling an interview "coddling" isn't a teensy bit of an exaggeration?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ok so your assertion that she palls around with Glenn Beck was bullshit, could you please expound upon your claim that she fought integration at her kids' school please?

I have no problem accepting new information about things but interviewing people for your show is kind of like, the job, isn't it. Colbert had Trump on, and I think he might not actually like that guy! Just a hunch.

You could have hit her on being rabidly anti-Bernie and super dismissive of his supporters, blindly accusing them of sexism, and I wouldn't disagree, but hey. At the end of the day she's the only one channeling the rage that Jon Stewart had going, and I think that's something we need.

precision posted:

i like trevor noah a lot but i stopped watching regularly when they took it off hulu

last week tonight is the better show but it's unfair to compare since they have a lot more time to write better jokes

They put it up for free on their website the day after, and you don't have to deal with hulu's rear end UI or commercials. You guys know that right?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.snopes.com/samantha-bees-husband-school/

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

IRQ posted:

Ok so your assertion that she palls around with Glenn Beck was bullshit, could you please expound upon your claim that she fought integration at her kids' school please?

I have no problem accepting new information about things but interviewing people for your show is kind of like, the job, isn't it. Colbert had Trump on, and I think he might not actually like that guy! Just a hunch.

You could have hit her on being rabidly anti-Bernie and super dismissive of his supporters, blindly accusing them of sexism, and I wouldn't disagree, but hey. At the end of the day she's the only one channeling the rage that Jon Stewart had going, and I think that's something we need.

They put it up for free on their website the day after, and you don't have to deal with hulu's rear end UI or commercials. You guys know that right?

Yeah, no, that's bullshit. The entire basis of that interview is that the left and right need to ~come together~ to stop Trump - despite the fact that Trump is the loving right. He is the literal manifestation of it.

I didn't hit her on the Bernie poo poo because I didn't want to have that particular argument. Still don't. I will say that it speaks volumes about Bee that she apparently hates Bernie Sanders more than she does pieces of poo poo like Glenn Beck.

In regards to the school integration opposition, there's unfortunately little on record, largely because Jason Jones is media savvy and was smart enough to tell anti-integration parents to shut the gently caress up:

quote:

One P.S. 452 parent speaking out against the move is comedian and former Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones, who’s married to Samantha Bee. "To portray any opposition as classist or racist is as bad as it can get," Jones told WNYC. And elsewhere: "We are not divided,” he said at a public hearing about the proposal, “we are absolutely united in wanting what's best for our children," then encouraged fellow parents not to talk to the press about the controversy.

And in general, please don't float the idea that Sam Bee has no say whatsoever in regards to her children just 'cause Jones was the one to show his face.

This is a bullshit debunking. All it does is "debunk" the idea that Jones and Bee can't stand the idea of black children in their kids' school, when the criticism is that they put maintaining their affluence ahead of the needs of poor minorities when meeting those needs is perceived to have a negative effect on them.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 20, 2017

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
How's the HBO John Adams series? Been looking for something to binge.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you like Dutch angles you'll love it. It has one of the most disgusting inoculation scenes I've ever seen. Also it's hilarious how everyone including George Washington hates Hamilton.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yeah, no, that's bullshit. The entire basis of that interview is that the left and right need to ~come together~ to stop Trump - despite the fact that Trump is the loving right. He is the literal manifestation of it.

I didn't hit her on the Bernie poo poo because I didn't want to have that particular argument. Still don't. I will say that it speaks volumes about Bee that she apparently hates Bernie Sanders more than she does pieces of poo poo like Glenn Beck.

In regards to the school integration opposition, there's unfortunately little on record, largely because Jason Jones is media savvy and was smart enough to tell anti-integration parents to shut the gently caress up:

And in general, please don't float the idea that Sam Bee has no say whatsoever in regards to her children just 'cause Jones was the one to show his face.

This is a bullshit debunking. All it does is "debunk" the idea that Jones and Bee can't stand the idea of black children in their kids' school, when the criticism is that they put maintaining their affluence ahead of the needs of poor minorities when meeting those needs is perceived to have a negative effect on them.

Except you're ruling out the idea that anyone might not want their kids' school moved 16 blocks for ANY reason other than fear of the minorities. It's not exactly the most damning evidence against anyone.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah like the whole idea is built on a really shaky foundation and I'm not buying it for a minute

the Beck and Sanders stuff sounds lovely but I don't know this woman and have never seen her show so whatever

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Except you're ruling out the idea that anyone might not want their kids' school moved 16 blocks for ANY reason other than fear of the minorities. It's not exactly the most damning evidence against anyone.

When you have to tell the people on your side to not say a word to the press because you know how people will react to your efforts, you're probably on the wrong side of an issue.

Also I literally just said their efforts were likely not founded in racism, but in a desire to protect their class interests - it just so happens that successfully protecting those interests also would have denied poor and minority students a better education. And they were willing to make that trade. And regardless, when the sought-after end result is the exact same as if their objections had been rooted in racism, what's the loving difference?

edit: also insert a "commute anxiety" joke here

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 20, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
More damning evidence of the evil machinations of Samantha Bee:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

yeah like the whole idea is built on a really shaky foundation and I'm not buying it for a minute

the Beck and Sanders stuff sounds lovely but I don't know this woman and have never seen her show so whatever

You should watch it it's really good!

e: well there was that one time she interviewed Russian fake news guys paid by the kremlin so that obviously means that Sam Bee is a russian fsb agent who personally sucks Putin's cock and is guilty of treason and probably has a russian suitcase nuke in her kids' backpacks to blow up blacks and poors and probably also puppies and kittens.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 20, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get Shorty is pretty good.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Halt and Catch Fire returned last night and goddamnit I love that show.

Lee Pace is an acting demon on there.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Gonz posted:

Halt and Catch Fire returned last night and goddamnit I love that show.

Lee Pace is an acting demon on there.

I got distracted somewhere in season two, but I did love that show. Glad they're getting a final season to wrap it up.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

bentacos posted:

I got distracted somewhere in season two, but I did love that show. Glad they're getting a final season to wrap it up.

Looks like the new season starts sometime in late 1994.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What was it at the end of s3 again? 90 or 91?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The most preposterous thing about the opening is that Joe and Gordon remained friendly co-workers all those years at a web company.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

The most preposterous thing about the opening is that Joe and Gordon remained friendly co-workers all those years at a web company.

Don't worry. Joe is good for at least one more heel turn before turning face prior to the last episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's a thing, RIP Jerry Lewis.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
And the countdown clock to the release of "The Day the Clown Cried" has begun.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gently caress, I forgot HaCF was last night. Oh well, gives me a show to fill the GoT void since I watched that the night a webrip leaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

What was it at the end of s3 again? 90 or 91?

Wasn't there a time skip before the S3 finale, or during it? I know that near the finale it was 1988 and after the time jump it was during the rise of CompuServe/Prodigy/AOL, so yeah, around '92 or so.

• Locked thread