Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

DurosKlav posted:

Some cool news out of the Pacific

With that news, I started reading about sunken American WWII ships then I learned that the Japanese had literal suicide torpedos, just like kamikaze​ jet fighters.

They weren't very successful, but holy moly. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiten

Looks like Donnie finally got his tweet right after two failed attempts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Today I went to a big ethnic enrichment festival, where for 3 days, there are booths of several dozen (if not 100?) ethnicities/nationalities selling food and other goods, performing dance/music/martial arts/whatever, and generally all hanging out being real loving cool to each other. This isn't some new thing in response to recent events, I think this was nearly year 30 of the event. I had very loving tasty food.

Well, that's my story of small hope :unsmith:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/vpkivimaki/status/899020643890548736

Can't say I'm surprised that the perp turned out to be an antisocial young man, instead of a ISIS fanatic.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Most people like enjoying sharing stuff from their culture with people who haven't experienced it, that was definitely my experience in Japan (besides pretending to be a borderline clueless tourist made it super loving easy to break the ice with the women there :mrgw: ), some of my best memories from back then involved just grilling lovely hotdogs/hamburgers for some orphans and they just loved the hell out of that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I wonder if Trump has scared enough young republicans away from the party that in 15-20 year republicans in congress will all be wearing Pepe pins.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Bolow posted:

(besides pretending to be a borderline clueless tourist made it super loving easy to break the ice with the women there :mrgw: )

Would being a unique looking socially functioning white dude allow me to slay Japanese pussy? C/D

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I wonder if Trump has scared enough young republicans away from the party that in 15-20 year republicans in congress will all be wearing Pepe pins.

I was confused by this until I realized you meant Young Republicans and no their larval thirst for power will adapt to anything

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

A bunch of conservatives are out protesting the Lenin statue in Seattle. ANd by a bunch I mean like... 7 people. It's blatantly a jab at the people who are asking for confederate monuments to be taken down.

My question is has anyone on the left said the Lenin statue shouldn't be taken down?

Not sure if this has been replied to yet but yes, our dumb poo poo, baby-mouthed, very much lame duck mayor who child perspective services said abused children a few decades back and is not running for re-election but refuse to step down, out of nowhere, said we should remove it because uhhhhh... Uhhhhhhhhh

Also doesn't matter cause it's on private property and not owned by the government and it's a stupid loving hill to die on cause no one else wants it gone

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Duke Chin posted:

Also doesn't matter cause it's on private property and not owned by the government

lmao

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
beta cuck snowflake tbqh

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/898926701844996096

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

my kinda ape posted:

Would being a unique looking socially functioning white dude allow me to slay Japanese pussy? C/D

probably, just don't be a loving weeb or one of those dip shits that dresses like a loving suburban cowboy everywhere he loving goes. also get as far as humanly loving possible away from any military base because people in the military are loving stupid and ruin everything*

*the following statements are not applicable to okinawa, your only recourse there is to drink heavily

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I'm kinda worried about the knock on effects of Trump years down the road due to sane people not joining state department federal law enforcement agencies etc

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

BAD NAUGHTY NAUGHTY BAD WORD

May want to edit out the c-word before you catch a six-hour vacation like I did yesterday.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Trumptweet:

quote:

I want to applaud the many protestors in Boston who are speaking out against bigotry and hate. Our country will soon come together as one!

Does this mean Kelly finally stole his goddamn phone?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I can't believe you caught a sixer for the best use of that word

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

suboptimal posted:

May want to edit out the c-word before you catch a six-hour vacation like I did yesterday.

it's a loving sixer who cares

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Duke Chin posted:

child perspective services

I thought that was a strictly federal domain these days.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

shame on an IGA posted:

Trumptweet:

He said many, not thousands

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Pics as promised

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

He probably thinks that the protestors were "alt-left" and the thousands who did turn out to oppose them were brave American patriotic Trump voters.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I'm the state police guy suffering heat exhaustion while making overtime calculations

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

shame on an IGA posted:

Trumptweet:

He definitely didn't write that tweet. And I would bet a large amount of money that it wasn't even his idea at all.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Part of why I know I will never have any job important enough to allow me to dictate police uniforms is that I would require them be Day loving Glo colors and not black/dark blue. I would also turn all the vehicle paint jobs into something resembling the euro forces where they have all that crazy poo poo colors and badging to make them stand out.

But no external light bars. Tuck all that poo poo into grills, specific body openings and through windshield projections.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Most Republicans I know under the age of 30 didn't vote for him. They either voted for Clinton, or wrote someone in. These are all college educated Republicans, though. I know plenty of Red Caps under the age of 30 with no higher education.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Jarmak posted:

Pics as promised

That's menacing

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jarmak posted:

Pics as promised

Very diverse force there. :lol:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The guy in front is probably a soulless ginger due to freckles.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I once saw a great documentary about the Massachusetts State Police called The Departed so this checks out.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

FrozenVent posted:

I thought that was a strictly federal domain these days.

Mid 80's Oregon cps

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/mayor-ed-murray-sexually-abused-foster-son-child-welfare-investigator-found-in-1984/

And the aashole is still in office loving poo poo up

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Jarmak posted:

Pics as promised

Jesus Christ I wear less "armor" for ice hockey and we slide around real fast with knives on our feet

(Also you take good pictures dude)

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Diabeesting posted:

So the Boston protest never actually started because the ~20 alt-right guys that showed up and occupied the bandstand ran away and left the cops to clean up their flags. Now there are hippie drum circles and covens of witches out in the Common having a grand old time.

I'm the NAZI HUNTER in the background

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

That's menacing

Well the funny thing was I followed these guys back to the common to see if anything interesting happened but it turned out that's just where their buses were parked

Duke Chin posted:

Thanks! I've been getting into photo as a hobby the last few months.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Jarmak posted:

Well the funny thing was I followed these guys back to the common to see if anything interesting happened but it turned out that's just where their buses were parked

Thanks! I've been getting into photo as a hobby the last few months.

Excellent photos!

I am not a photographer and always worry about the one DSLR i've owned for 5 years getting broke. I also worry about my phone getting slapped out of my hand. Maybe I just need to invest in good cases? (Or headmount my gopro?)

Nazi's are punk rear end bitches. And I need recommendations for dying the lovely faded tan/green molle waist pack for future events. I'm thinking it could use some neon orange and pink

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

Excellent photos!

I am not a photographer and always worry about the one DSLR i've owned for 5 years getting broke. I also worry about my phone getting slapped out of my hand. Maybe I just need to invest in good cases? (Or headmount my gopro?)

Nazi's are punk rear end bitches. And I need recommendations for dying the lovely faded tan/green molle waist pack for future events. I'm thinking it could use some neon orange and pink

I was slightly concerned but kinda just decided gently caress it. I always wrap the camera strap around my wrist and being a 6'2" ~235lb biker-looking guy tends to have the benefit of the punk idiots looking for a softer target to gently caress with.

Since y'all liked the first batch here's some more:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Reetae27/status/899018562647375872

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Genocide Tendency posted:

Part of why I know I will never have any job important enough to allow me to dictate police uniforms is that I would require them be Day loving Glo colors and not black/dark blue. I would also turn all the vehicle paint jobs into something resembling the euro forces where they have all that crazy poo poo colors and badging to make them stand out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battenburg_markings

It's named after a cake.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

facialimpediment posted:

With that news, I started reading about sunken American WWII ships then I learned that the Japanese had literal suicide torpedos, just like kamikaze​ jet fighters.

They weren't very successful, but holy moly. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiten

Funny story about this. The big controversial war memorial/museum in Tokyo has one of the suicide torpedoes preserved. Kinda surprising they have an intact one, for obvious reasons, but it's not strange in a "let's not forget how crazy poo poo was" kind-of way. They've also got a diorama that has all their WW2 planes flying in perfect formation, including a little wing of the kamikaze jets. Little weird since its cast in a big heroic light, but still within the realm of reason.

I go to the gift shop, and they're selling loving models. Don't know what to get your nephew Honda for Christmas? How about a suicide torpedo that killed more Japanese than Americans? Warning: some assembly required.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

So yeah, the officer corps is mostly folks who aren't straight up believers in the inherent superiority of their race/gender/religion, etc, and would probably espouse a belief in equality and meritocracy if asked, but they aren't terribly woke and don't give a poo poo about poor people, gay wedding cakes, or intersectionality. The military leadership is going to work as hard as possible to avoid civil strife because it would gently caress up the good thing they have going, but they aren't going to save you by rolling out the gunships to kill neo Nazis and Bundy Ranchers either.

Thanks for the in-depth reply. I guess we're on our own.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I remember reading a translation of a training manual for kamikaze pilots when I was a teenager. It had poo poo like "as you focus on the target, just before impact you will see the emperor blessing you" and crap like that.

I remember realizing that whoever wrote that poo poo and everyone involved in sending people to be willing human bombs was making it all up, just straight up saying whatever it took to make those poor rubes follow through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Duke Chin posted:

Jesus Christ I wear less "armor" for ice hockey and we slide around real fast with knives on our feet

That's honestly not really heavy riot gear

• Locked thread