Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
It's time for :razorback:
Some necessary context to appreciate this one: 2nd panel is in reference to a nightclub shooting in Little Rock that happened last month. I'm not sure if the others are in reference to specific events.
Context: Frank was a coach for the Arkansas Razorbacks football team. The Woooo Pig Sooie bit is a chant called the hog call, or calling the hogs. Today, there was a public service in his honor at the university.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

whomupclicklike posted:

It's time for :razorback:
Some necessary context to appreciate this one: 2nd panel is in reference to a nightclub shooting in Little Rock that happened last month. I'm not sure if the others are in reference to specific events.

First panel usually ends with the toddler or a family member dead, third is pretty common redneckia, and the fourth one really happened but the cop shot the guy in the back well after he was on the ground

e: holy poo poo I hate how calmly I can rattle off those explanations

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Peanut Butler posted:

Gamble seems like a relic, like I've seen his cartoons as a kid 20-30 years ago- Did he draw for Mad back in the day?

I'm not sure about his other projects, but he's been doing editorial cartoons for a while.

Here's his AAEC profile.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

KennyMan666 posted:

Hákarl, which is Iceland, not Scandinavia. They actually bury it for 6-12 weeks, then hang it to dry for 5 months, and then when you actually eat it it tastes like ammonia.

Here in Sweden we just ferment herring for a couple weeks until it smells absolutely terrible.

No, I have no idea who thought these were ever good ideas either.

The shark is literally inedible before you give it that treatment.
As in poisonous.
Apparently on the easy side to catch since it's a super lazy predator/scavenger.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
drat that Turd Pardon.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Pants Donkey posted:

Just gonna post bad JRRose! cartoons forever

I like JRRose!'s grandpa joke cartoons, can he just stop doing horrific politics in favor of those please?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This one aged well.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Even odds someone's going to read that, think that sunglasses will work for the eclipse, and burn out their eyes over a political cartoon, aren't they?

(To clarify: DO NOT USE SUNGLASSES TO LOOK AT THE ECLIPSE.)

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

on earth 1 this is the word Debt instead

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
One of the worst things about this year's batch of cartoons is that Gary McCoy somehow managed to improve his art.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

:ohdear:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

You're not supposed to open a can of worms. Are you saying we shouldn't look at the KKK? Because humiliating racists and getting them fired is opening a can of worms?And there aren't that many of them after all so you'll really look foolish! Opening this can of worms!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Panel 5: At the lower right, Bannon starts appearing again, label: Return to Breitbart
Panels 6+: TBD
:ohdear:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jackard posted:

Good av/post combo

Well I am a Travel Agent to the Dead.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Looking at Steve Bannon hurts your eyes. AGC

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Shugojin posted:

First panel usually ends with the toddler or a family member dead, third is pretty common redneckia, and the fourth one really happened but the cop shot the guy in the back well after he was on the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDWo6m5hbG4

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 20, 2017

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

He's going to draw them as the 300 Spartans, just watch.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I would guess them in the center, surrounded on both sides by cloud of the usual suspect caricatures. Though, Garrison almost exclusively uses a left-right composition...hm.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pants Donkey posted:

This one aged well.

What the hell do they have to lose?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Are these purposely misspelling Bannon and Crow or do they just not give a gently caress?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
With all the poo poo comics coming out lately, I want to remind everyone Gay Abortions repository is up.

I'm thinking of adding a 'Holy poo poo, they're siding with nazis' category.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shugojin posted:

Fourth one is probably a reference to the shooting of Philando Castile, who was pulled over, told the cop that he legally has a gun and such as he's required by law, then reached to get something as the cop ordered him to, and then was shot by the cop. Repeatedly. In front of his girlfriend and daughter. Who were then ordered to stay in the car for... Hours, I think? A long time, at least.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

World Famous W posted:

With all the poo poo comics coming out lately, I want to remind everyone Gay Abortions repository is up.

I'm thinking of adding a 'Holy poo poo, they're siding with nazis' category.

I think you need to

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Here's Garrison's latest;

I was very disappointed to see Steve Bannon leave the White House. Trump needs someone at his side to remind him about the policies that got him elected. Bannon proclaimed, "The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over."

So soon? What happened? We know what the situation is now. President Trump is surrounded by deep swamp snakes including Soros. Why has Trump surrounded himself with globalists? He said he supports the country first and proved it by kicking the globalists in their collectivist shins when he shunned the Paris Accords. He wants to limit immigration and build the wall to help protect our country. Does he still have the will or means to follow through on his promises?

McMaster is yelling for more war in Afghanistan and Cohn and the rest are pushing Trump to go along with the globalists to get along. It's sad. All I can do is hope President Trump can somehow work to deliver on his promises that got him elected.

Bannon said he would attack the liberals and globalists that have taken over the White House and that's good to hear. So I say, release the kraken that is Bannon!

—Ben Garrison

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

King Possum III posted:

I was very disappointed to see Steve Bannon leave the White House. Trump needs someone at his side to remind him about the policies that got him elected. Bannon proclaimed, "The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over."

So soon? What happened? We know what the situation is now. President Trump is surrounded by deep swamp snakes including Soros. Why has Trump surrounded himself with globalists? He said he supports the country first and proved it by kicking the globalists in their collectivist shins when he shunned the Paris Accords. He wants to limit immigration and build the wall to help protect our country. Does he still have the will or means to follow through on his promises?

McMaster is yelling for more war in Afghanistan and Cohn and the rest are pushing Trump to go along with the globalists to get along. It's sad. All I can do is hope President Trump can somehow work to deliver on his promises that got him elected.

Bannon said he would attack the liberals and globalists that have taken over the White House and that's good to hear. So I say, release the kraken that is Bannon!

—Ben Garrison
Oh THOSE guys are the Deep State? I thought it was supposed to be a secret council of anonymous people or something.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
That's the beauty of it, the deep state can be whoever you want! Use your imagination. I think Dracula is in it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Deep State" is pretty much a meaningless snarl word so Garrison's definition is as good as any other.

If it means anything at all, it's a synonym for the old canard about :bahgawd: unelected Washington bureaucrats taking mah rats away :bahgawd:.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 20, 2017

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Google's in the deep state now???

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Found the shoe!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The cannon that impotently fires into the water is such a petty detail.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Google's in the deep state now???

They fired some guy and he cried about free speech, so now they're SJW cucklord Deep State (((globalists))).

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Whenever Xyklon mentions the deep state I remember those Republican party meetings in the old Simpsons episodes.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

KillerQueen posted:

Whenever Xyklon mentions the deep state I remember those Republican party meetings in the old Simpsons episodes.
I thought I clicked on the OOTS thread by mistake for a second there.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Who or what is Trump in this analogy Ben?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Who or what is Trump in this analogy Ben?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is the first time in the history of political cartooning that a squid / octopus is presented as a good thing

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

King Possum III posted:

This is the first instance I can recall where the far-reaching octopus is supposed to be the object of our affection.

Like that Mueller is in complete control of the situation.

^^^ e;fb

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Ben, no, Ben - the evil jew GLOBALIST is supposed to be depicted as the tentacle monster! Bannon should be the brave renegade privateer chopping off its limbs with cannons labeled TRUTH or something. This is an easy metaphor, Ben, how did you gently caress it up? And why would you put the labels on the tentacles themselves, it just makes it seem like Bannon is the one who's - you know what, never mind, Ben. You do you.

Starving Wolf fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 20, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A giant man eating octopus is more likable than Bannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
i think i know where bannon is but if he's not labelled how can i be sure

• Locked thread