Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Benny the Snake posted:

Goon Squad was full when I first tried.

It's not anymore! And will probably be culled for the final time this coming Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Now I sent the invite

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Surprise Marvel fighting game announced by Nether Realm is what I have dreams about.

Maybe Marvel will jump ship after MVCI sells badly. Not sure if Disney would be cool with NRS handling Marvel given the darker edge of being associated with Mortal Kombat, but NRS has come so far with their presentation and experience with content that I actually thing they could pull of a relatively lighthearted Marvel game.

Weirdo gimmicks like Braniac's tentacle swings and attacks / Cyborg's grapples make me think they could actually do wild stuff like Doc Ock, a presentable Spiderman, etc.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

Maybe Marvel will jump ship after MVCI sells badly. Not sure if Disney would be cool with NRS handling Marvel given the darker edge of being associated with Mortal Kombat, but NRS has come so far with their presentation and experience with content that I actually thing they could pull of a relatively lighthearted Marvel game.

Weirdo gimmicks like Braniac's tentacle swings and attacks / Cyborg's grapples make me think they could actually do wild stuff like Doc Ock, a presentable Spiderman, etc.

Really if they played their cards right they could do Marvel vs DC which would make all the money

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

This might be a hot take, but I'd rather take the cheap, low-quality but slightly stylized look of MvCI to Injustice 2's ugly normie Unreal Engine poo poo.

I've said it a billion times but it is a giant shame that the flagship game representing a medium whose entire appeal is the humongous array of cool visual styles looks as boring and bad as Injustice 2 does.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It's unlikely that Disney will ever hand a Marvel license to Netherrealm, because Netherrealm is a Warner Brothers Media company. It is directly owned by a Disney competitor.

There will reportedly not be another official Marvel/DC crossover until such time as Joe Quesada, Dan Didio, or more likely both are gone from Marvel and DC, respectively. It's been about 13 years, as I recall.

I'm also not real sure that MVC:I will be a big enough bomb to justify Disney taking any sort of extreme measures. I know people really want it to blow up on the runway, but it can't have been in development for more than a couple of years, so it's a relatively cheap production, and the word "Marvel" on its cover is going to sell a few copies to the casual market. I don't expect it to set the world on fire, since MVC3 was only a moderate success, but MVC:I should find an audience.

(What I would expect is that Disney will more or less ignore the entire thing. MvC:I will get the same small, fervent tournament scene that UMvC3 did, with many of the same faces, and pulls in just enough money that nobody pulls the plug, but not enough money that MvC:I gets adequately supported after launch. The community ends up just having to live with whatever characters/teams/tactics end up as the most degenerate, when any other company would patch them out. After that, it's down to wherever Capcom and the FGC happen to be in 2022 or so.)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Apparently they want it to become the flagship Capcom Cup game, so I imagine it'll be supported for at least a year or two after launch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

This might be a hot take, but I'd rather take the cheap, low-quality but slightly stylized look of MvCI to Injustice 2's ugly normie Unreal Engine poo poo.

I've said it a billion times but it is a giant shame that the flagship game representing a medium whose entire appeal is the humongous array of cool visual styles looks as boring and bad as Injustice 2 does.

as dark and grim as it is, NRS gives enough of a poo poo to continuously improve the visuals and create new characters over the course of IJ1, MKX, and IJ2. MVCI just looks like mobile bullshit sprinkled with startling emptiness in its roster.

Wanderer posted:

What I would expect is that Disney will more or less ignore the entire thing.

Yeah there's no reason to care about Capcom's next fuckup when they have a heavily-marketed Spiderman game for PS4 and a Squeenix Avengers in the pipe; both have way bigger ceilings.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oh yeah, there's no denying that the roster in Injustice 2 isn't very impressive. I just wish these characters were in a game that looked good. The dream would be the technology in XRD used to make a game that looks like the early Bruce Timm animated DC stuff.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

MVCI just looks like mobile bullshit sprinkled with startling emptiness in its roster.

I haven't been following MVCI and just looked up the roster.

Holy poo poo, whatever licensing bullshit that has the xmen locked up needs to end because it is getting ridiculous.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Injustice 2 looks amazingly better with HDR. It goes from dark and drab to a real noir / art decor type of look.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I don't think Disney would care about the Mortal Kombat association, but more that Warner Brothers owns Nether Realms.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Threw an invite request to Goonrilla Grodd

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Fool posted:

Holy poo poo, whatever licensing bullshit that has the xmen locked up needs to end because it is getting ridiculous.

Capcom can't directly acknowledge why Xmen/Fantastic Four characters are missing and it's forced them to make incredibly stupid statements like "characters are just functions when you really think about it" and "kids these days don't even remember the X-men".

The Capcom side of the roster also sucks for no other reason than laziness/lack of budget.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Fool posted:

literally the only licensing issue is with the movies. Marvel owns all of the x-men and fantastic four characters for every other form of media and are being spiteful idiots because they had more input in this game than before.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, its easy to talk poo poo about all the bad movies and decisions DC has made over the past few years, but at least they never sold Batman or Superman to Fox or something lmao.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Ike Perlmutter just got ousted, and he's the reason for the xmen and ff merch ban, so I expect to see more of the X stuff soon

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Ike Perlmutter just got ousted, and he's the reason for the xmen and ff merch ban, so I expect to see more of the X stuff soon

Disney shuffled the movie division out from under him but he's still in charge of everything else at Marvel.

The X-Men ban has been relaxed over the last year anyway, they're in games again now. The F4 ban has been made even harsher.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gamescom is here when is the Plastic Man, Etrigan and Batwoman reveal?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's definitely Rebar Man, Rudy, and Lego Batman

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just did what is probably going to be the final weekly clear of Goon Squad. If you apply please put something about SA in the comment, you wouldn't believe how many drat randos I have to sift through every week.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Saint Freak posted:

It's definitely Rebar Man, Rudy, and Lego Batman

Lego premier skins would own so hard

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Please be Batwoman, please be Batwoman :pray:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Benny the Snake posted:

Please be Batwoman, please be Batwoman :pray:

"Hey Ed, who should we add next?"

"Well, we a have this whole universe to play with and have so many interesting characters. Why don't we just add another Batman character and say gently caress creativity? Who needs Plastic Man or The Spectre or Star Saphire?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Star Sapphire is literally a palette swap of Green Lantern.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Honestly a lot of DC heroes are just *looks around room* uh....Vacuum Cleaner Man to begin with so Batwoman is the least harmful thing they could do.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Star Sapphire is literally a palette swap of Green Lantern.

Yeah but since Green Lantern's moveset can be ANYTHING, Star Sapphire could easily be a totally different character as far as normals, specials, combos, and supers are concerned.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bring back Zatanna

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bring back Zatanna

:yeah:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bring back Zatanna

This is a strange way to spell "JLA mainstay Martian Manhunter

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Martian Manhunter would be cool and also a solid candidate for CW Premier Skin.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Erron Jonah Hex

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Erron Jonah Hex

Seconded

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Johnny Cage.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

character list leaked. it's now:

- Rudy
- Plastic Man
- Hector Hammond

and Pack 3 is

- Johnny Cage in a Raiden hat
- Garnet from Steven Universe in a creepy hyper-real art style
- Nuclear Man from the Superman movie

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly a designer was disconfirming characters on their instagram although said account is gone now so there's no real way to check the actual source. The characters the designer discarded were:

Batwoman
Big Barda
Cyclone
Etrigan
Granny Goodness
Katana
Killer Croc
Parasite
Shazam
Wonder Girl

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Seeing Katana reminded me, why is everyone sleeping on Sportsmaster

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Supposedly a designer was disconfirming characters on their instagram although said account is gone now so there's no real way to check the actual source. The characters the designer discarded were:

Batwoman
Big Barda
Cyclone
Etrigan
Granny Goodness
Katana
Killer Croc
Parasite
Shazam
Wonder Girl

I'm glad a designer took the time to deconfirm every cool and interesting character they could put in over what will likely be Raiden, Enchantress, and "Aquaman but with a big fucken paper-mache head"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I'm glad a designer took the time to deconfirm every cool and interesting character they could put in over what will likely be Raiden, Enchantress, and "Aquaman but with a big fucken paper-mache head"

I know you mean Black manta but I'm picturing Aquaman wearing a big paper mache hat so he looked and sounded like Aquaman from Brave and the Bold now and I would completely buy that DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Please put in my dream line-up of Mad Stan, Mas y Menos in the style of Ice Climbers, and guest character Sepiroth

• Locked thread