Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Buy second hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Imagine coming to SomethingAwful.com to ask for moral advice

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Scalpers probably paid a cut to Ticketmaster who paid a cut to WWE, but it'll probably minimize your exposure to pay them.

If it's any consolation, WWE's sitting on a bubble increasingly isolated from the mainstream while Sinclair's actively cannibalizing local media all across the nation, so you could do worse in entertainment choices. And pretty much anyone with real estate money has contributed to republican politics. Don't sweat it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bring a rude sign

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
There is no ethical consumption in capitalism comrade

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

AlmightyPants posted:

I was following the ticket prices for Brooklyn and it looks like I can get a decent deal. Here's the problem, as I see it: I don't want to give money to one of Trump's biggest donors. I don't have the network, I rarely watch the TV. I've gotten various reactions from friends after asking for some sort of moral guidance and it varied from "eh, it'll be ok" to "go but donate an equal amount to the ADL" to "that's a good point, boycott it". I know this is hardly the place for moral authority, but I'm seriously unsure as to whether or not I want to go this year.

buying the ticket in any way will wind up giving you mental stress over whether you've compromised your morals or not. you won't be able to fully enjoy the experience and you'll wrestle (lol) with feelings of regret and be unsure if you've done the right thing.

you don't follow the product anyway, so you won't be missing much. it's not like you're a devoted superfan.

i say don't go. still donate to the ADL though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if youre not in the first 2,000 seats you may as well be at home imo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AlmightyPants posted:

I was following the ticket prices for Brooklyn and it looks like I can get a decent deal. Here's the problem, as I see it: I don't want to give money to one of Trump's biggest donors. I don't have the network, I rarely watch the TV. I've gotten various reactions from friends after asking for some sort of moral guidance and it varied from "eh, it'll be ok" to "go but donate an equal amount to the ADL" to "that's a good point, boycott it". I know this is hardly the place for moral authority, but I'm seriously unsure as to whether or not I want to go this year.

if you want to go to the show enough that you are looking for ways to excuse it then you should stop acting like your morals are that high since it's actually a detriment to your life rather than something to be proud of. if you don't particularly care then just listen to the "good point, don't go" person. this is not an attack; i don't know you, and whatever the end-result you could be a great person. the greatest person on here. I am going to die

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

why did you edit the post, cavauro? what is your motive here, really?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Too avoid misunderstandings. stop f5ing discussion threads or else. this part is An edit. this one

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

dromal phrenia posted:

buying the ticket in any way will wind up giving you mental stress over whether you've compromised your morals or not. you won't be able to fully enjoy the experience and you'll wrestle (lol) with feelings of regret and be unsure if you've done the right thing.

you don't follow the product anyway, so you won't be missing much. it's not like you're a devoted superfan.

i say don't go. still donate to the ADL though

Thanks for that. You helped me realize that I'd be agonizing all night if I decided to go but by not going I don't have that weight on my shoulders. Takeover Brooklyn was real fun the past two years but as someone, as Max Brooks put it, Jewish enough for Dachau, the right thing is to boycott.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

They ought to test my blood for satan, lately.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So USAToday had an interview with Triple H and Asuka today.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/asuka-wwe-nxt-championship-ember-moon

Most notable thing was that Asuka was apparently going to be called up much sooner (like the last batch of NXT callups, alongside Alexa, Nia, Carmella, etc.), but Triple H asked Vince to keep her down in NXT. His reasoning was that because without Asuka there as the "anchor", he feels the NXT Womens Division would have been doomed. Makes me wonder if they are actually going to call her up soon, since the division will probably become a bit more stable after the MYC is done.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AlmightyPants posted:

Just go and enjoy wrestling, friend. Donate some money to charity if you want, go volunteer for a good cause, those are all good things that will have far more impact on the world than paying for tickets to what will probably be a really fun and enjoyable wrestling show.

Edit: Missed that you already decided not to go!

Platypus Farm posted:

I hope AB comes out to an actual black mass.

I want a loving orgy of witches writhing all over the place covered in blood and cats and then aleister emerging from the center of them like dracula in the 1992 masterpiece Bram Stoker's Dracula

Hail satan!

Well now I'm gonna be angry when this doesn't happen.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 19, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEEmberMoon/status/898715810214137857 https://twitter.com/WWENoWayJose/status/898716227215867904

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

AlmightyPants posted:

Thanks for that. You helped me realize that I'd be agonizing all night if I decided to go but by not going I don't have that weight on my shoulders. Takeover Brooklyn was real fun the past two years but as someone, as Max Brooks put it, Jewish enough for Dachau, the right thing is to boycott.

I am glad I could be of service. Have a wonderful evening and, ultimately, a wonderful life :)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/898727882754846720

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/898754962347495424

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What a nightmare. They're gonna be so busted up on sleep before the biggest night of their year.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Tonight is the night where Ember Moon gets to outperform Asuka and take her title.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

What a nightmare. They're gonna be so busted up on sleep before the biggest night of their year.

Adrenaline and the crowd will get them through it, but I wouldn't want to be them tomorrow.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Gonna make a new thread tonight, since this one's a year old! Feels right.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

gl topping your OP

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

abraham linksys posted:

Yeah after this Brooklyn show, it feels like the time is right.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Roque11 posted:

Tonight is the night where Ember Moon gets to outperform Asuka and take her title.

Hmmmm

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque11 posted:

Poor ROHque just can't catch a break

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/899103167895539712

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

her tweets suck

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

her tweets suck

Will suck on the main roster too. So ha!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's fine

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ya only #Liv once but she'll die live 52 mondays a year

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
When do we get a NXT Champion under 30 and/or from Merica?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Joh -- holy poo poo, he's 30.

Uhhhhhh.

Adam Cole Baybay?

Bate. It should be Bate.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

The first three were both of those things. Neville, the fourth, was under 30. I feel obliged to mention that this number is significantly under 9000.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The writing is on the wall:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/898954388655529984

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Re: Callups

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/899103335545884672

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Guys I think we've got this all wrong. It's a PWG invasion!!!!!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Guys I think we've got this all wrong. It's a PWG invasion!!!!!

Can't be, PWG Cole was killed by the Bucks of Betrayal, only ROH Cole survived.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Almas is very good and Zelina is very hot
#tranquilo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

• Locked thread