Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Is this wormy motherfucker running for office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm not sure because I haven't ever looked but I think that is Augustus Invictus?

Edit holy s*** Google voice properly capitalized Augustus Invictus. it can't capitalize my own name properly wtf

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

quote:

Augustus Sol Invictus (Latin: majestic unconquered sun), born Austin Gillespie[1], is a Republican[2] politician, attorney, and former candidate for the Libertarian nomination in the United States Senate election in Florida, 2016. His candidacy prompted the resignation under protest of party chairman Adrian Wyllie.[3] He lost in the primary by a margin of around 50 points to Paul Stanton.[4] Invictus is the publisher of The Revolutionary Conservative, a right-wing publication with the stated aim of restoring the American Republic and defending Western Civilization.[5] He was widely criticized within the Libertarian Party for his use of fascist imagery and history of white nationalist associations.[6]

In a paper advocating for eugenics, Invictus wrote a disclaimer to the eugenics paper stating that while he believes the strong and intelligent should breed and the weak and stupid should not, he does not believe that the government can be trusted to implement such a program.[7][8] On April 7, 2017, the Libertarian Party of Florida, under threat of a defamation lawsuit from Invictus, issued a full retraction of the 2015 press release, stating "that it exceeded the mandate of the executive committee."[9] On July 13, 2017, Invictus changed his party affiliation to Republican.[10] On August 14, 2017, Invictus announced his candidacy as a Republican for the 2018 United States Senate election in Florida.[11]

Wow, it really says something when the Libertarian party essentially kicks you out ... and then the Republican party takes you in.

e: how rich his mom/dad must be I wonder

SPLC article on him is a hoot
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/augustus-sol-invictus-austin-gillespie

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 20, 2017

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Flesh Forge posted:

Wow, it really says something when the Libertarian party essentially kicks you out ... and then the Republican party takes you in.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/augustus-sol-invictus-austin-gillespie

Is that the guy who talks like Catherine Hepburn and wanted to sacrifice a live goat to his gods?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mordekai posted:

Ok someone needs to explain this to me. Who organized this free speech rally in Boston? And why did so many turn up to protest it? What was the far right connection? From the pictures it just seems like some weirdo druids and an Indian speaking.

They're 4chan trash. They had nazis at the last rally they did in May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCjI0ups8L0

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
It mentions Imperium calling Jews "bearers of Culture-disease."

Cultural Marxism, perhaps?

It's funny how conservative talking points lead back to one watering trough.

And yeah he killed a goat and drank its blood. It means he cannot be sexist because he worships a goddess.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

Is that the guy who talks like Catherine Hepburn and wanted to sacrifice a live goat to his gods?

He DID sacrifice a goat to his dark gods, drank its blood, made a video of all this, and his particular pagan sect excommunicated him for it. I think he is a good fit for the Republican Party.

No really, he did that. Sounds like a joke but is not.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ppxqan/augustus-invictus-the-florida-libertarian-who-loves-paganism-civil-war-and-goat-sacrifice-105

e: Also he renounced his US citizenship, which seems to me is problematic for his ability to run for government office:

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/04/the-kind-of-unhinged-departure-memo-that-would-have-been-way-funnier-before-the-marathon-attack/2/

quote:

I hereby renounce my licenses to practice law, my diplomas, my affiliation with Rollins, DePaul, and the University of South Florida, my United States citizenship, my membership in the Roman Catholic Church, my law firm, my publishing company & poetry journal, and all of my material possessions.

not to mention his legal standing to practice law

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 20, 2017

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

From that SPLC article he sounds genuinally mentally ill.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

From everything I can find yes he is a stupendous nutter

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
Excuse me, he renounced his poetry journal, if that doesn't say "serious adult", what does?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Flesh Forge posted:

drat Nazis can't even get basic historical facts straight. Finland was the first country in Europe to give women suffrage, not Sweden. :argh:

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
It seems to be a universal maxim that no one cares about the Finns except the Finns.

And possibly Russia, in a sort of 'hate and love are both passion' kinda way.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Flesh Forge posted:

He DID sacrifice a goat to his dark gods, drank its blood, made a video of all this, and his particular pagan sect excommunicated him for it. I think he is a good fit for the Republican Party.

No really, he did that. Sounds like a joke but is not.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ppxqan/augustus-invictus-the-florida-libertarian-who-loves-paganism-civil-war-and-goat-sacrifice-105

e: Also he renounced his US citizenship, which seems to me is problematic for his ability to run for government office:

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/04/the-kind-of-unhinged-departure-memo-that-would-have-been-way-funnier-before-the-marathon-attack/2/

:lol:
I love how all of the "alt right" turn out to be such wackjobs. It's almost like prolonged exposure to /pol is hazardous to your brain!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
That's really weird for someone who follows Thelema to say the religion that has only one rule "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will."

That's the religion Aleister Crowley founded.

So it's not surprising they were like " GTFO".

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I wish I was still into reenacting, it'd be awesome to see this show up as a response to the confederate idiots

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

SocketWrench posted:

I wish I was still into reenacting, it'd be awesome to see this show up as a response to the confederate idiots

Use an authentic cannon to blow apart those ridiculous equestrian statues.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bannon is already driving Breitbart to a new higher standard

https://twitter.com/InnerPartisan/status/899168554767056896

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Orange Devil posted:

Use an authentic cannon to blow apart those ridiculous equestrian statues.

Reporting for duty

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Orange Devil posted:

Use an authentic Bannon to blow apart those ridiculous equestrian statues.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Man, gently caress that cop right in his goddamn ear. I'm not shocked that many cops are racist pieces of poo poo (I used to work with them) but I'm still shocked that he said that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
If you have never been to a Civil War re-enactment you should go. The actual feeling you get when a cannon fires is unreal. They're pretty cool actually.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

My favorite is “I’m your super-gay Jewish replacement”

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Oh yeah, the snipers and claymores were all set up just waiting for you and you shitheads to get to the proper spot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

twitter needs to stop shadowbanning for calling nazis dumb.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

JawKnee posted:

also they got fuckin swole

And hung

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

twitter needs to stop shadowbanning for calling nazis dumb.
Well, that's how dumb they are. The dumbness is contagious, hence why they need to be told to GTFO.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Flesh Forge posted:

Wow I didn't know he'd actually changed his legal name to augustus sol invictus, i thought it was his dumb online name like sargon of akkad

What an absolute nutcase :lol:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hollismason posted:

If you have never been to a Civil War re-enactment you should go. The actual feeling you get when a cannon fires is unreal. They're pretty cool actually.

It gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. All I could think about were the maimed, dismembered people who would have been lying on the ground screaming in agony.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

what's with these dinguses and their boners for using military terms

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Missionary Positron posted:

They want to sound like big men without ever having to take any risks. Same reason there are so many cases of stolen valor in the militia movement. Grown rear end men who want puff out their chests and do military cosplay, but not actually go to war or even do daily PT.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm reading this article and, y'know what

the goat thing is like the least reprehensible thing about this guy

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Missionary Positron posted:

Fake Valor.
They are 1 step further than the fake ones that dress up and try to get free stuff from Walmart.
These fucks are trying to get you to follow them, which is worse.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Crain posted:

They want to sound like big men without ever having to take any risks. Same reason there are so many cases of stolen valor in the militia movement. Grown rear end men who want puff out their chests and do military cosplay, but not actually go to war or even do daily PT.

I mean, yes, but the US also has a really embarrassing stiffy for the military in general.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

It gave me a sick feeling in my stomach. All I could think about were the maimed, dismembered people who would have been lying on the ground screaming in agony.

Yeha, well, war sucks. Re-enactments are still a really cool way to experience history, and to keep some traditions alive.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

I mean, yes, but the US also has a really embarrassing stiffy for the military in general.
That's why they do it, it's why ~strongmen~ everywhere do it. It gives them the glamour of authority and legitimacy. It works, for their audience.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So NBC decided to poll the three swing states responsible for handing Trump the election - Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin:

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/899254712435978241

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/899255275013779456

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol that anyone is proud of a man baby making GBS threads himself in public constantly.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol that anyone is proud of a man baby making GBS threads himself in public constantly.

He shits all over the bad people you see. Just constant diarrhea all over those bad hombres.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
reagan's first wife called him "diarrhea mouth". this is a thing that you now know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Flesh Forge posted:

Sadly, you're not allowed to renounce your US citizenship unless you have another country to go back to. Also, it's a really long and involved process, there's forms to fill out and you have to interview a state department official.

• Locked thread