Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

How much DPS does it take to do a breachlord? I know if I don't have enough I wont be able to keep the breach open long enough, but I don't know how much that is. Path of Building says I have about 40k RF DPS and 17k first-stage scorching ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Alright, thanks. Saw a Ele-Flurry build on Scion that used the claw and cold damage flask that dropped for my Shadow so I'll mess around with that. Guess I can still do red maps on the Shadow till they catch up.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Bloodly posted:

I'm horrifically lucky that two uniques of value to my situation dropped. Leer Cast and it's damage aura, and Ambron's Charge(Yay, actual resists). My stuff has no value, and I have no actual currency-not in any value everyone keeps spouting. Trading is effectively barred due to sheer lack. Which was why I chose to be an summoner in the first place about 2 years ago-I knew I couldn't do anything of worth or value. Still can't.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Bloodlyshiva I think this is how you show yourself?

I've died 41 times.

I'm trash, I'll remain trash, and there's not really much hope. At all. I feel no accomplishment from what little I've done. The game says I'm a legend. I dun't even know how I ever killed The Beast. I remember many deaths.

I can't do it again. I can't.

Well friend, I can tell you that you have come to the right place. We are all garbage at this game with a very few and rare exceptions. Usually the goon guild isn't constantly filled to capacity as it has been recently, and you can pilfer the guild stash for helpful items as you level up. Also the hopefully helpful nature of people in guild chat who you can ask questions to like: Why am I dying?, Why do I do no damage? Why did I crawl through the digestive tract of a massive beast, just to be ejected with the rest of the excrement?

We will try to help

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

AnEndcat posted:

Alright, thanks. Saw a Ele-Flurry build on Scion that used the claw and cold damage flask that dropped for my Shadow so I'll mess around with that. Guess I can still do red maps on the Shadow till they catch up.

We are just telling you what we know based on our experiences. Before this league I would have said that a cyclone character can't do Shaper or Uber Atziri, but the first goon to do both this league was a god drat critless cyclone slayer. Good play can makeup for lacking the best possible gear.

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

funmanguy posted:

We are just telling you what we know based on our experiences. Before this league I would have said that a cyclone character can't do Shaper or Uber Atziri, but the first goon to do both this league was a god drat critless cyclone slayer. Good play can makeup for lacking the best possible gear.

I've literally killed myself 3 times not reading 'reflect physical damage' on a mob and multistriking myself to oblivion, I'm willing to believe your experiences until I stop stabbing myself in the face a million times per second! And loving around on a second character might be nice even if the Shadow turns out better than I thought in later maps.

Was Cyclone buffed this patch? I recall a friend using it last year and complaining it was hard countered by pebbles on the ground.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

This game is horrific for my altitis. I've levelled a support to run with my wander buddy, a GC miner, a warchief totem guy and also a Flicker guy.

I should probably go outside.

...But maybe I could try out something else instead?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

AnEndcat posted:

I've literally killed myself 3 times not reading 'reflect physical damage' on a mob and multistriking myself to oblivion, I'm willing to believe your experiences until I stop stabbing myself in the face a million times per second! And loving around on a second character might be nice even if the Shadow turns out better than I thought in later maps.

Was Cyclone buffed this patch? I recall a friend using it last year and complaining it was hard countered by pebbles on the ground.

Cyclone paths around poo poo on the ground instead of stopping and messing everything up. In terms of usability its an order of magnitude better.

Wilekat posted:

This game is horrific for my altitis. I've levelled a support to run with my wander buddy, a GC miner, a warchief totem guy and also a Flicker guy.

Fight that instinct.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Does anyone know if Oro's flicker is still good with the dot/double-dipping changes in 3.0? I'm enjoying Terminus flicker but progressing the build is getting really expensive - it runs a ton of uniques including the 12-ex Atziri gloves, which means it also needs top-drawer rare rings/belts to hit the resist cap. Oro is cheaper and seems like it shares a somewhat similar passive tree so I might be able to respec into it without too much trouble.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Zephro posted:

Does anyone know if Oro's flicker is still good with the dot/double-dipping changes in 3.0? I'm enjoying Terminus flicker but progressing the build is getting really expensive - it runs a ton of uniques including the 12-ex Atziri gloves, which means it also needs top-drawer rare rings/belts to hit the resist cap. Oro is cheaper and seems like it shares a somewhat similar passive tree so I might be able to respec into it without too much trouble.

Oros doesn't really rely on ignites, the sword has very high ele dps and you can get a bunch more from wrecking ball or whatever those clusters on the bottom of the tree are with the phys to fire jewel.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Zephro posted:

Despite the guide creator somehow finding a way to make the thread even more unintelligible since I last saw it, oro's flicker looks like it can be comboed with molten strike for some ridiculous damage. Flicker for clearing, molten strike for bosses.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

funmanguy posted:

Shaper felt pretty good with my ngahamu skayer cyclone guy, even on a 5l.

Uber with cyclone is nuts though, that going to take me a few tries.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Wilekat posted:

Yeah, I'm terrible about this. I try to hardcap myself at like, three characters per league, max. I'm also at the point where that means clearing out 3 std chars and deleting them at the start of every league which is a pain in the rear end given how crammed my stash is.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

He's showing off his two drop-restricted end-game flasks.

If I had to guess the rest: Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching (heal me now and remove bleeding, aka the "gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress" flask), Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline (go really really really fast for a long time) and an Experimenter's Diamond Flask of...hmm, not sure what suffix here...Iron Skin/Reflexes or Warding are my guesses (make me more likely to crit and bump my defenses/remove curses while you're at it).

why do people use divine life flasks over eternal?

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
What do the jewel slots on the passive tree offer you? What do they do?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Dennis McClaren posted:

What do the jewel slots on the passive tree offer you? What do they do?

You can find/buy jewels to put in them them. They can be much better than a normal passive.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

why do people use divine life flasks over eternal?
Because divine restores more life and has exact same amount of uses/flask. You don't care about slower restoration speed since all end-game HP flasks should be instant.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Am I an idiot for using Forbidden Taste?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Qwertycoatl posted:

Am I an idiot for using Forbidden Taste?

Unless you have good chaos resist its probably doing more harm then good.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

The March Hare posted:

Oros doesn't really rely on ignites, the sword has very high ele dps and you can get a bunch more from wrecking ball or whatever those clusters on the bottom of the tree are with the phys to fire jewel.

quote:

Despite the guide creator somehow finding a way to make the thread even more unintelligible since I last saw it, oro's flicker looks like it can be comboed with molten strike for some ridiculous damage. Flicker for clearing, molten strike for bosses.
Ok, thanks. I'll give Terminus a couple more days then try out Oro's if I don't magically find 10ex worth of gear or something :P

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Trogdos! posted:

I would re-spec the three non-life nodes between Butchery and Barbarism (to the left of Marauder start) and complete the Juggernaut and Bloodless wheels with them. After that, as you said, grab the duelist axe node, Marauder life nodes (except the 1st node when looking from Marauder), the two Jewel sockets and the +1 frenzy node in no particular order. Try to get int somewhere on your gear so you can drop the +30 node.

You could drop Essence Worm and Arctic Armor for a steel/iron ring with a flat phys roll and life, or a Ming's Heart. I'm also skeptical of Iron Reflexes with only a few hybrid ar+ev pieces to convert.

You also have the option of putting your Warchief in a 4-link (drop FA) and buying a Kaom's Heart. You'd drop your CDWT and cast golem manually. edit: this will gently caress up your resists :v:

Cool, thanks for the advice. That Ming's Heart thing looks like fun, but I'm a little leery since my life is still pretty low (5,077 after that respec). I'm probably too poor to afford a reasonably good steel ring, and DEFINITELY too poor to afford a Kaom's Heart, though. :(

It also occurred to me that I could get some Spiked Gloves, but that sounds like it has the same problem as the steel ring.

(edit) Iron Ring looks doable, though. I'll mull that over, whether I'm OK with losing Arctic Armour. I probably am.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 20, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

My RT Sunder Slayer (named CiaphasSpinAndWin because I thought I'd be Cycloning :v:) is trucking along really well. He can completely murder anything T12 and below, T13 and T14 with some care, and T15 and T16 with lots of map mod curation.

I generally know what needs to be upgraded--more life, higher pDPS weapon, qual up my flasks and gems, get hold of six links--but I'm not sure what's going to get me the most bang for my buck first. I've only got about probably 75c left to work with right now. I'd like to make an attempt on Shaper sometime tomorrow--er, today agh gently caress where does the time go. Any suggestions?

Getting the Bloodless notable with my next level but from there I'm not sure if I should invest in more life and armour via Marauder start, grab that jewel slot below Duelist start, grab those axe nodes in Duelist, or what. I'm leaning toward life right now but we'll see after item upgrades--sitting at 4.7k right now.

Not exactly answering your particular questions, but I would ditch the added fire off your totem (especially considering you aren't ele penetrating anywhere) and replace it with Maim so that your Warchief totem is giving you 10-14% more physical damage on enemies it maims.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

AegisP posted:

Not exactly answering your particular questions, but I would ditch the added fire off your totem (especially considering you aren't ele penetrating anywhere) and replace it with Maim so that your Warchief totem is giving you 10-14% more physical damage on enemies it maims.

Cool, I'll do that too! Thanks!

I just found a Steel Ring to call my very own. Any suggestions on crafting it (including the always acceptable "don't")?

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, I'll do that too! Thanks!

I just found a Steel Ring to call my very own. Any suggestions on crafting it (including the always acceptable "don't")?

Don't.

However if you do, use those fancy essences you found.

Sotar fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 20, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sotar posted:

Don't.

However if you do, use those fancy essences you found.

I got a shrieking essence of contempt (flat phys) on the same map and decided it was fate :v:. Anything worth doing with this? I kind of want to craft life onto it and keep it.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

please knock Mom! posted:

theres a gem specially made for that called rapid decay, less duration doesn't affect bleed caused by something.

Thanks.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I gave up on the Charged Dash build, I went back to it after spending so much time on my totem chieftan and I wasn't feeling it for some reason.

In it's place I'm doing an experimental Whispering Ice Mines shadow build. I happened to have a map spit out an entire set of the divinity card for me and it came out 1 point off from perfect on both rollable stats. Got it to 6 sockets too. I went with mines because it'll help with my sanity to not have to try to get 2-3 green sockets on a staff. Alongside I'll have Herald of Ice, Frostbite (maybe with Blasphemy), and a movement skill of a sort. Will probably also go for the typical Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration setup too. I'll give a trip report once I get the thing rolling.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Note: Rapid Decay is now called Swift Affliction. Don't tear your hair out trying to find RD in the game.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
So I picked Juggernaut for my cyclone Marauder because it sounded tankier and I'm sick of dying, but now I'm having buyer's remorse. Should I respec into berserker? Roll a slayer?

Also I was putting my TE Flicker dude back together in standard and killed that God who runs away so fast it broke the fight. I'm really glad I put him together when life gear was practically free.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

I pretty much never follow builds and always make my own trash characters, my first character this league was something like what you're doing here.

A couple things I did differently:

You have 4 points in the Life/ES cluster that ends with Melding, to the right of the witch start. It's harder to get to, but there's actually a more efficient cluster (IMO -- I am not an expert, I'm trash too) a little bit to the northeast that ends with Written in Blood. It's 3x 4%/5% that ends in a 8%/10% +10 str, which is better than 3x 3%/5% that ends in a 6%/10%. You get a bunch of respec points from the story, so you could drop these and head northeast to the outer ring of nodes and path towards Written in Blood. On the way you can pick up an aura cluster (since I see you're also using Sovereignty from the templar area), which helps a bit if you're going to be using auras.

You also have the life/mana regen cluster near the left of the Witch area (on your way to the templar start). I'm not really wild about these, they mght be good but I'm not really seeing it. Honestly, I think you'd have better luck if you dropped them and just put them into Mind over Matter (and the mana nodes nearby) instead.

I tried a bunch of lightning skills (arc, spark, lightning orb) and thought they were all trash except storm call. Maybe you would like the playstyle better, I found it comboed really well with the zombies who would usually hold mobs in place while I stacked storm call casts on mobs. You can pick up some decent damage nodes from the witch start, I thought being able to shock an entire pack comboed pretty well with zombies + violent dead jewel (you get it as a quest reward, if you haven't already), but again, I'm pretty trash at this game.

As other people have mentioned your skill gem links kind of make no sense at all. You'll instantly see a lot of success by switching them up so they actually help each other. Spell echo/faster casting, lightning pen, etc on your arc for example. I really liked Arcane Surge for storm call, too. I also really like maim on zombies, but you have options. The Violent Dead jewel will help a lot with your aoe clear, and if you decide to use SRS over skeletons, they clear packs just fine with a melee splash gem.

Definitely don't be afraid of putting Skeletons/SRS into a spell totem, the penalties are not that severe and you don't need to worry about getting totem nodes. The goal is really just extra bodies/extra damage that you don't have to focus on while you worry about your positioning and about spamming your actual damage skill (arc or SRS in your case).

In a pinch you can crawl the witch forums and look for a Real Build that spams the skill you like. You can more or less just copy their gem links -- for example, iron will is probably just strictly worse than spell echo or something. Let somebody else do the math and just read their reasoning, IMO, and then tweak it if you think there's something special about what you're doing that might make your tweak better than theirs, but generally I just like to let other people do the math and just learn from them when they're done.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

So Atziri is immune to things like Burning, meaning SR doesn't work on her, I guess? I don't want to use the tokens to find out she laughs at my sad beam.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Dely Apple posted:

So Atziri is immune to things like Burning, meaning SR doesn't work on her, I guess? I don't want to use the tokens to find out she laughs at my sad beam.

Atziri is only immune to ignite effects specifically. Other fire-based dots like SR and RF work.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

She's immune to Ignite (the status effect most commonly applied by fire crits), but not to Burning (as applied by Scorching Ray and Righteous Fire). You'll be fine.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

werent the immunities removed in this patch?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Well twinned and possessed by spirits is a surefire way to get deleted in spider lair.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Awesome! posted:

werent the immunities removed in this patch?

Oh did they? I haven't done her yet.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I'm leveling my clearspeed DP Zerker, and trying to fit in at least 2 inspired learnings. I have the first one slotted, but any idea where I could place the second and still have semi-useful nodes?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffDarkPact

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

vOv posted:

Oh did they? I haven't done her yet.

check out the beginning of mathils wander video. only unwavering and cannot be frozen left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ITHtj5R_o

Slothpolo
Oct 1, 2005
STUPID
DICK
oh nm

Slothpolo fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 20, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

feels like this max block scorching ray witch is stalling out around the start of red maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I want a build that can kill any shaper guardian with any combination of 8 map mods without too much fuss, what build should I play