Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

I'm not sure I get this one. It's obviously racist, but why is a 2x2 patch of water in Minecraft supposed to be smart?

It's the way water tiles work in minecraft. If an empty tile has two water source blocks on either side of it, it turns into a source block itself. So a quick way to get a local source of water for your base is to dig a small 2x2 hole and dump a bucket of water in opposite corners (dumping a bucket creates a source block), ensuring you can take infinite buckets of water from the tiny hole.

trap sprung etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MisterBibs posted:

I'm not sure I get this one. It's obviously racist, but why is a 2x2 patch of water in Minecraft supposed to be smart?

you know, it's possible to mention Africans in a sentence without it being racist.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

Discovered on r/sbubby, a bizarre repository of logos that have been altered to become unintelligible.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Part of Everything posted:

Discovered on r/sbubby, a bizarre repository of logos that have been altered to become unintelligible.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

MisterBibs posted:

you can turn only two buckets full of water into infinite clean water

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

https://twitter.com/BrianLeeWow/status/899079498045440001

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
UnitinU pictures are some of absolute favorite things and I always laugh like an idiot at them.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Cumslut1895 posted:

you know, it's possible to mention Africans in a sentence without it being racist.

When I was 5 my family and I was watching a documentary about these African villages. It went on about how every morning the little girl had to walk 10 miles to the river for water, and walk 10 miles back again. Every single morning.

I said "why don't she just live closer?" and all I got was a slap for being racist. :( :confused:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

mind the walrus posted:

How do they explain the horizon line, magnetic vs. true north, nautical navigation, and satellite-based technologies?

The data is being manipulated to give the illusion that we live on a round ball. When you actually examine the "facts", you'll notice discrepancies that could only happen if someone had forced a false conclusion.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
There is a scientific explanation for the flat earth. The edges of the flat earth are simply designed to discretely teleport you to the opposite side of the flat earth. This was one of the ingenious tricks the grays are playing on the human race while they observe us in our little Petri dish. The rest is really quite self-explanatory when you think about it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean, even Discworld established that the only reason it can function at all is because of literal magic.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rayjenkins posted:

There is a scientific explanation for the flat earth. The edges of the flat earth are simply designed to discretely teleport you to the opposite side of the flat earth. This was one of the ingenious tricks the grays are playing on the human race while they observe us in our little Petri dish. The rest is really quite self-explanatory when you think about it.

That would make the Earth seem like a torus not a sphere though

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

The Bloop posted:

He knows he knows oh poo poo abort need emergency jacking out.

When I thought about it in my head, if you took the globe and you flattened it out like you see on a map, when you go to the other side you'd just seamlessly end up on the other end of the map. I didn't put a lot of actual geometric thought into it.

A FESTIVE SKELETON has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Aug 20, 2017

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Bloop posted:

Maybe the "flat earth" is actually a "mobius band earth". Of course, there could be problems inherent in that.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

Earth is not quite a sphere.

Oblate spheroid is the preferred nomenclature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rayjenkins posted:

When I thought about it in my head, if you took the globe and you flattened it out like you see on a map, when you go to the other side you'd just seamlessly end up on the other end of the map. I didn't put a lot of actual geometric thought into it.

Some guys had a look at the globe and noticed that not only do the continents fit back together to form the supercontinent Pangaea but all the other edges also fit together perfectly if you map them to a smaller globe. From there they concluded that A) the Earth used to be much much smaller, therefore B) the Earth is constantly expanding and C) so called "gravity" is a complete myth because objects don't "fall" back to the ground when you let them go, the ground rises up to them instead.

Comic book artist Neal Adams is a firm believer in the 'expanding earth' model and he's got a whole bunch of videos explaining it in excruciating detail on his youtube channel.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some guys had a look at the globe and noticed that not only do the continents fit back together to form the supercontinent Pangaea but all the other edges also fit together perfectly if you map them to a smaller globe. From there they concluded that A) the Earth used to be much much smaller, therefore B) the Earth is constantly expanding and C) so called "gravity" is a complete myth because objects don't "fall" back to the ground when you let them go, the ground rises up to them instead.

Comic book artist Neal Adams is a firm believer in the 'expanding earth' model and he's got a whole bunch of videos explaining it in excruciating detail on his youtube channel.

So I know I'm asking for logic where there is none, but how do they account for planes returning to Earth from tens of thousands of miles in the air in a 20 minute period? Do they think Earth is expanding that much daily?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I feel like if the earth were flat someone would have gone to the edge and taken pictures by now 🤷‍♂️

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What do they think is on the other side of a flat Earth? Bizarro Earth? Bizarro Earth.

And I knew about Neal Adams but it still makes me sad. One of the most influential comics artists in living memory yet a mastery of drawing geometry taught him nothing. Or everything? No, no nothing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I feel like if the earth were flat someone would have gone to the edge and taken pictures by now 🤷‍♂️

According to flat earthers, that's part of the conspiracy. That governments/the Illuminati lie about Antarctica being an inhospitable place so that people won't go there.

Sock Puppet
May 21, 2001
Nap Ghost
What's on the underside?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

syscall girl posted:

Earth is not quite a sphere.

Oblate spheroid is the preferred nomenclature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs

Sure sure but it seems like a sphere.

I'm not a sphere earther or anything

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sock Puppet posted:

What's on the underside?

Lizard people mostly, and all the missing socks

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

We must tear down these monuments to slavery.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Das Boo posted:

So I know I'm asking for logic where there is none, but how do they account for planes returning to Earth from tens of thousands of miles in the air in a 20 minute period? Do they think Earth is expanding that much daily?

I haven't bothered to watch any of Neal Adams' youtube videos any longer than a quick glance but the answer might be in one of those if you're really curious. Then you can come back and explain it to us! :v:

Oh and part of the expanding earth theory is that he also believes that the earth is hollow. For more info on that please consult the Batman hollow earth comic book series "Batman: Odyssey" which was written and illustrated by Neal Adams.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sock Puppet posted:

What's on the underside?

Four elephants, standing astride the shell of a great space-fairing Turtle. Stupid round-earther and their crazy notions :rolleyes:.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Pakled posted:

According to flat earthers, that's part of the conspiracy. That governments/the Illuminati lie about Antarctica being an inhospitable place so that people won't go there.

But people go to Antarctica all the time. :confused:

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

RoboRodent posted:

But do they come back?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gbut posted:

But do they come back?

Well something that looks and acts exactly like them comes back but ....

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

And Antarctic tourism suddenly became that much more sinister.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

RoboRodent posted:

They're government agents in on the conspiracy, silly!

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

RoboRodent posted:

And Antarctic tourism suddenly became that much more sinister.

Gotta feed the shoggoths somehow.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

RoboRodent posted:

Only people who are cleared by the government. And the tourists who go are only allowed to go so far in; they don't have the chance to truly explore what's beyond their little amusement park.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Current hypothesis that's in vogue is that the entire universe is flat, therefore the Earth must also be flat! Checkmate, roundies! :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

How many The Things have infiltrated society by now?