Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Millions dead thanks to Alfred Nobel's invention of dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol we're literally about a week after antifa literally saved innocent people from being murdered by nazis and here we have dumbshit liberals yelling about how antifa are wrong and bad because said liberals are super scared by them reds, once again proving that the lib is the best friend of the fash

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
why do libs love the slippery slope argument so fuckin much lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
They don't want to be seen openly defending nazis, but by god we can't let the reds be right.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

They don't want to be seen openly defending nazis, but by god we can't let the reds be right.

my working theory is that because they are social parasites, they want to imagine that history is in fact a series of slippery slopes completely free from human intervention

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

my working theory is that because they are social parasites, they want to imagine that history is in fact a series of slippery slopes completely free from human intervention

executing a king was the slippery slope to bourgeois dictatorship, it's in their playbook

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

executing a king was the slippery slope to bourgeois dictatorship, it's in their playbook

same but executing King

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Al! posted:

why do libs love the slippery slope argument so fuckin much lol

Because they've been so indoctrinated with working inside of the two party system that their brain is conditioned to fall for that "every side has another symmetric side" bullshit.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

noted lib nazi sympathizer chomsky

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol we're literally about a week after antifa literally saved innocent people from being murdered by nazis and here we have dumbshit liberals yelling about how antifa are wrong and bad because said liberals are super scared by them reds, once again proving that the lib is the best friend of the fash

always wanting to be more right than everyone else is a disease that infects the liberal mind deeply. It's at the core of the weird anti-bernie people and the people who tut-tut about confronting racism on the streets.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grondoth posted:

always wanting to be more right than everyone else is a disease that infects the liberal mind deeply. It's at the core of the weird anti-bernie people and the people who tut-tut about confronting racism on the streets.

I see you're talking about the fishmech syndrome.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

I see you're talking about the fishmech syndrome.

It's a terrible infliction that affects a large number of people across the world.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

noted lib nazi sympathizer chomsky

yep, turns out years of wealth and comfort can inure anyone to open fascism

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if you actually had read or listened to chomsky other than trying to namecheck him for anarcho-credit, he himself has said "my position and role in society informs my beliefs and actions, if i was the president im not sure i would act any differently than obama" (paraphrasing, not actual quote)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

itt delusions of the chomsky presidency

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Seems pretty mockable, so do share yours.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

itt delusions of the chomsky presidency

i honestly want to know the bad faith flow chart that got you to this post

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's because clearly i'm fascist duh

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i am part of the greater goon fascist conspiracy that lurks behind every post

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait here we go:

https://www.democracynow.org/2011/2/2/part_2_noam_chomsky_this_is_the_most_remarkable_regional_uprising_that_i_can_remember

quote:

NOAM CHOMSKY: Well, if I were — if I had made it to the presidency, meaning with the kind of constituency and support that’s required to be a president in the United States, I’d probably do what Obama’s doing. But what ought to be done is what Erdogan is doing. Turkey is becoming the most significant country in the region, and it’s recognized. Erdogan is far and away the most popular figure. And they’ve taken a pretty constructive role on many issues. And in this case, he is the one leading public figure, leader, who has been frank, outspoken, clear, and says Mubarak must go now. Now is when we must have change. That’s the right stand. Nothing like that in Europe, and nothing like that here.

lol some erdogan apologism in this quote as well

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

he's expressed that sentiment other times as well but the nice thing about being actually leftist instead of cargo cult leftist is you dont have to revere popular figures as modern promethium handing knowledge down from above

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yes we know everyone that disagrees w/ you is fascist

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

first they came for the nazis and i said nothing because i was not a nazi
then they came for the white nationalists and i said nothing because i was not a white nationalist
then they came for the capitalists and i said nothing because i was not a capitalist
then things were pretty ok after that

:yeah:

Al! fred Nobel
Al! bert Einstein

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also nice job taking the chomsky quote out of context to support your position

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yes we know everyone that disagrees w/ you is fascist

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Imagine being so insecure in your convictions that you feel the need to defend absolutely everything your political idols say lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
oh no I just imagined being a liberal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also nice job taking the chomsky quote out of context to support your position

well except that it's something he's expressed since at least the 80s

or wait

it sounds like you're actually pretty ignorant of what he's written and said and you're just namechecking him because of some headline you've read

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

what if people in the mock someone thread are calling chomsky a lib as a joke

also what if chomsky isn't above criticism and you shouldn't reflexively defend him

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

what if people in the mock someone thread are calling chomsky a lib as a joke

also what if chomsky isn't above criticism and you shouldn't reflexively defend him

actually, the cambodian genocide never happened

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

as a fascist i am prone to idol worship

i apologize

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i apologize

next time try not to use noam fuckin chomsky as an appeal to authority towards people who have actually read his writings lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i am prostrate. i kneel before you beseeching you. please forgive me my chomsky idol worship

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i mean, you could have at least namechecked freddie deboer or angela nagel or that guy with that podcast instead of one of the primary modern intellectuals who have said "appeals to authority are extremely dishonest"

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

i apologize

well, yes
that is what being fascist entails
:smugdog:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

well, yes
that is what being fascist entails
:smugdog:

here you go, comedyblissoption, a fictionalization of a republican senator has implied you are fascist instead of the rest of us who are literally just trying to ask for you to engage in some fuckin self-criticism now are you satisfied?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

here you go, comedyblissoption, a fictionalization of a republican senator has implied you are fascist instead of the rest of us who are literally just trying to ask for you to engage in some fuckin self-criticism now are you satisfied?

'fictionalization'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zeal posted:

'fictionalization'

sorry comrade, the piss tape is real and lindsay graham posts in cspam

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I just wanted to say thanks for this post, I borrowed it to make an argument in D&D and it was very helpful!

:radcat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

WampaLord posted:

I just wanted to say thanks for this post, I borrowed it to make an argument in D&D and it was very helpful!

:radcat:

please dont re-purpose my 100% correct dialectic 4 those scum lol

• Locked thread