Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

South Korea's Yonhap News Agency says it has started using a computer to write match reports, following a period of intensive development. The Soccerbot program has been created to copy the writing style of human sports reporters. The agency says it tested the software during the 2016-2017 season.

Stiglich posted:

Another terror attack, this time in the beautiful city of Barcelona.

Stiglich posted:

We should focus on all the unnecessary tombstones instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The funny thing about that last one is its clear they're not reading the article about Chicago. With how news papers are laid out, they're reading the sports section.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"This is what black people talk about" - A white person

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So there was a nationalist (nazis basically) march in Quebec city. Antifa showed up, but as with every single protest ever in this province's modern history, so did some jerks who wanted to break random poo poo unrelated to anything else, which caused the cops to shut down the counter-protest, leaving the nazis unscathed.:sigh: There are already so many stupid hot takes out in social media, and I expect press coverage to be along the same lines.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

So there was a nationalist (nazis basically) march in Quebec city. Antifa showed up, but as with every single protest ever in this province's modern history, so did some jerks who wanted to break random poo poo unrelated to anything else, which caused the cops to shut down the counter-protest, leaving the nazis unscathed.:sigh: There are already so many stupid hot takes out in social media, and I expect press coverage to be along the same lines.

If this was the Black Bloc or whatever, they're pretty useless.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

"This is what black people talk about" - A white person

"Gosh we're so dumb to be upset about statues" - A black person, as written by a (totally not racist) white person

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

"We're so dumb to be upset by the symbols of inherent racism in this nation that are the root cause of a lot of inner-city violence".

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Weird, there's another terrorist attack with a vehicle that I can think of from just last week, but it's not in there! Must be something different about that one.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Pembroke Fuse posted:

If this was the Black Bloc or whatever, they're pretty useless.

Black bloc is not an organization or group, it's a tactic commonly used by anti-fascist protestors. A tactic which is becoming increasingly useful following the ridiculous crackdown on (non-nazi) protesters in the US lately.

But yes, my hearts and prayers go out to those poor broken windows. Truly a tragedy. The cops had no choice but to shut down the entire counter-protest, who knows how much more atrocious property damage could have been inflicted by those thugs.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I hate myself

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"Weird how we only mention this when racist poo poo happens."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Office Pig posted:

This is the first instance I can recall where the far-reaching octopus is supposed to be the object of our affection.
arewethebaddies.gif

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Subtle, but I like it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

is this an edit?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
been away from the thread a minute. just wanna say, i'm gonna kill somebody. not sure who, someone's gettin' got tho

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Panty Saluter posted:

is this an edit?

Yes. Look at the corner of the paper in the second panel.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MechaCrash posted:

Yes. Look at the corner of the paper in the second panel.

that's what I meant. seemed too clever for Rose

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

You're a national treasure, Pants Donkey

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jesus, that label.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Terrorist fist-jab.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

frankenfreak posted:

Racist fist-jab.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

I called it as being John Ritter in this very thread when it was first posted, but no one liked my Problem Child joke. I guess Lowtax is welcome to it, though. :smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I hate comics

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

We all do :sigh:

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

tyblazitar posted:

Black bloc is not an organization or group, it's a tactic commonly used by anti-fascist protestors. A tactic which is becoming increasingly useful following the ridiculous crackdown on (non-nazi) protesters in the US lately.

But yes, my hearts and prayers go out to those poor broken windows. Truly a tragedy. The cops had no choice but to shut down the entire counter-protest, who knows how much more atrocious property damage could have been inflicted by those thugs.

I don't care about broken windows, I care about public perception. Punching Nazis can look good because you can make the argument that there is no reasoning with a Nazi (and also WWII). Breaking windows looks like "random vandalism", "aimless hooliganism" and "rioting" to the public. Not a single G20 protest, no matter how many random stores got smashed, seems to have halted the actual advance of globalization, for better or for worse.

tl;dr Broken windows aren't an identifiable political symbol.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Reminds me of that Comedy Goldmine that was something along the lines of "MS Paint what you'll see before you die."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Branco is such a piece of poo poo, holy hell.

Lester too.

Can't wait for them to defend him all the way to the bitter end.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sir Tonk posted:

Branco is such a piece of poo poo, holy hell.

Lester too.

Can't wait for them to die.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

King Possum III posted:

Here's Garrison's latest;

I was very disappointed to see Steve Bannon leave the White House. Trump needs someone at his side to remind him about the policies that got him elected. Bannon proclaimed, "The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over."

So soon? What happened? We know what the situation is now. President Trump is surrounded by deep swamp snakes including Soros. Why has Trump surrounded himself with globalists? He said he supports the country first and proved it by kicking the globalists in their collectivist shins when he shunned the Paris Accords. He wants to limit immigration and build the wall to help protect our country. Does he still have the will or means to follow through on his promises?

McMaster is yelling for more war in Afghanistan and Cohn and the rest are pushing Trump to go along with the globalists to get along. It's sad. All I can do is hope President Trump can somehow work to deliver on his promises that got him elected.

Bannon said he would attack the liberals and globalists that have taken over the White House and that's good to hear. So I say, release the kraken that is Bannon!

—Ben Garrison

So Garrison's perception about Trump is that he's someone who has no strong convictions of his own outside of those he's surrounded by? Also, that what Trump has said rings hollow unless the people he's surrounded by influence his decisions because Trump has the attention span of an eight-year old? I mean, maybe it was obvious Garrison's loyalties lied with those that Trump was trying to appeal to rather than Trump himself since Trump is just a vessel for alt-right influence. In which case, perhaps Trump isn't a very good person to get behind????

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Trump is both the greatest president alive and a man that can easily fall to the whim of Soros if one jew hater isn't there to yell in his ear about white supremacy according to Garrison. He is both winning forever and already lost.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jabberlock posted:

So Garrison's perception about Trump is that he's someone who has no strong convictions of his own outside of those he's surrounded by? Also, that what Trump has said rings hollow unless the people he's surrounded by influence his decisions because Trump has the attention span of an eight-year old? I mean, maybe it was obvious Garrison's loyalties lied with those that Trump was trying to appeal to rather than Trump himself since Trump is just a vessel for alt-right influence. In which case, perhaps Trump isn't a very good person to get behind????

I love that even Garrison can't figure out how to square the circles of 'Trump is being infiltrated by (((deep state))) agents' and 'Trump openly talks about how much he loves Kushner and Ivanka and how great McMasters and Kohn are' so he just goes with "WHY would this billionaire real estate baron surround himself with wealthy people seeking to exploit the world for profit, and WHY would a man who clearly is easily impressed by military rank constantly allow his generals to dictate policy rather than take an active role???? We may never know, but the jews did this."

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Garrison's also the type of guy who'll profess beliefs solely to appeal to his alt-right base, so he'll only jump off the Trump train when everyone else does.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jabberlock posted:

Pretty much, yeah

It's especially evident in this Garrison comic:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

DaveWoo posted:

Pretty much, yeah

It's especially evident in this Garrison comic:

So the best the alt-right could do was get a candidate who is easily led into professing their ideals rather than get one who actually believes in them? Got it.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Crabtree posted:

Trump is both the greatest president alive and a man that can easily fall to the whim of Soros if one jew hater isn't there to yell in his ear about white supremacy according to Garrison. He is both winning forever and already lost.
:umberto:

Lurdiak posted:

Jesus, that label.
Among the many sadnesses of overlabelled cartoons, there is the assumption that the reader has no friends to turn to for an explanation. The toon is for observing, grasping in its entirety and moving on, adding to an abstract "conversation" but never being actually conversed over.

(Then again, maybe the cartoonist just doesn't want to have to field e-mail from the dumbest readers.)

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 21, 2017

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

this is still the best forums smily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

:umberto:

Among the many sadnesses of overlabelled cartoons, there is the assumption that the reader has no friends to turn to for an explanation. The toon is for observing, grasping in its entirety and moving on, adding to an abstract "conversation" but never being actually conversed over.

(Then again, maybe the cartoonist just doesn't want to have to field e-mail from the dumbest readers.)

I woulda just drawn a photo of some soldiers on the wall or something.

• Locked thread