Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

zoux posted:

I can't be the only person that notices the similarity between Horn Head and famous defense attorney Matt Murdoch.

I think he looks more like famous blind defense attorney Matt Murdoch's lesser-known brother, Mike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I think he looks more like famous blind defense attorney Matt Murdoch's lesser-known brother, Mike.

I know him!
He's a real swinging cat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

I know him!
He's a real swinging cat.

I want Mike Murdock to show up in Daredevil season 3. It's Charlie Cox with lovely bleached tips and a goatee.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

A Strange Aeon posted:

Man, the Top Ten universe is so fun. Is any of the non-Alan Moore stuff worth reading?

No. Whatever the opposite of reading is, that's what you should do with the non-Alan Moore Top Ten comics.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

I want Mike Murdock to show up in Daredevil season 3. It's Charlie Cox with lovely bleached tips and a goatee.

It was a fun little reference when Rosario Dawson's character called him Mike in the first season.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pat Mustard posted:

No. Whatever the opposite of reading is, that's what you should do with the non-Alan Moore Top Ten comics.

Quoting for truth.

It really is a serious case of whiplash in terms of tone and quality.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Pat Mustard posted:

Sigh.

Yeah, I figured as much, but thought I should check.

Moore is generally a hard act to follow--even in the collected Swamp Thing trades, the stories not written by him are horrible in comparison, the one with Abby's weird Frankenstein dad or whatever was almost incomprehensible.

I never bothered with the Before Watchmen stuff on principle, but I am curious if any of it somehow managed to be decent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think the stuff the late Darwyn Cooke worked on ended up being OK from what I heard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

I think the stuff the late Darwyn Cooke worked on ended up being OK from what I heard.

Minutemen was quite good but I really wish it had been a DCU story.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

A Strange Aeon posted:

Sigh.

Yeah, I figured as much, but thought I should check.

Moore is generally a hard act to follow--even in the collected Swamp Thing trades, the stories not written by him are horrible in comparison, the one with Abby's weird Frankenstein dad or whatever was almost incomprehensible.

I never bothered with the Before Watchmen stuff on principle, but I am curious if any of it somehow managed to be decent.

I think I'm the person in BSS that likes the non-Moore Top Ten stuff the most...and even I'm like "eehhhhh". Like, it's not super terrible like people here react like it is, but it's definitely not in the same league as the Moore penned stuff.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

I read the one he drew and the one he wrote with Conners. It wasn't Watchmen, but it was solid comics.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Lobok posted:

It was a fun little reference when Rosario Dawson's character called him Mike in the first season.

I had to pause and explain to my wife why I was laughing when that happened.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
Minutemen was loving terrible and super homophobic and lovely.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
no but you see it was ironically lovely and furthermore

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Source unknown, because it was made when sources weren't invented yet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Money might not buy happiness, but it can buy some top notch steriods.

https://twitter.com/calamityjon/status/899099529022238721

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The more I stare at that image the more questions I have.

Also Little Lotta reminds me of Mario Sunshine:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

Money might not buy happiness, but it can buy some top notch steriods.

https://twitter.com/calamityjon/status/899099529022238721

When you're at the beach and a muscle-bound jerk kicks sand in your face and makes off with your girl, all you can really do is get buff yourself. Then buy off the police to murder and bury the jerk and replace your girl with a harem of child sex slaves.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've never read a Richie Rich comic but whenever I see a cover, I wonder that nobody's ever edited them with subtitles reading "This is why the terrorists hate America".

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've never read a Richie Rich comic but whenever I see a cover, I wonder that nobody's ever edited them with subtitles reading "This is why the terrorists hate America".

Occupy Richie Rich has you covered.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's why when they did a new Richie Rich TV series they made sure that he was rich because of something he personally invented and it wasn't inherited or old money.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Richie Rich never had an evil opposite type villain called Poorie Poor whose gimmick was that he was the poorest person in the world, did he?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Man you weren't kidding.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Richie Rich never had an evil opposite type villain called Poorie Poor whose gimmick was that he was the poorest person in the world, did he?

His name was Pauper Pop and Richie would construct huge Rube Goldberg machines to play an elaborate game of Keep Away with a loaf of bread that Pop needed to feed his children.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hah holy poo poo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mind the walrus posted:

Hah holy poo poo

Reminds me of Mr. Burns baiting Lisa with the money on a string.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The puns on those RR covers are causing me actual pain.

Q: has science gone too far?

A: yes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

a kitten posted:

The puns on those RR covers are causing me actual pain.

Q: has science gone too far?

A: yes

The failures.... it's best not to think of the failures.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Even ignoring the mutilated bill, that is one hosed-up looking platypus.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

The failures.... it's best not to think of the failures.

The paraphrase Lovecraft, the near failures are probably worse than the complete failures.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like to imagine Richie is only showing his Zoo of Horror because he's taking Rube Bowlcut to be part of his latest experiment.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

mind the walrus posted:

I like to imagine Richie is only showing his Zoo of Horror because he's taking Rube Bowlcut to be part of his latest experiment.

"My latest addition: the Humoney!"

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Now I want a serious remake of Richie Rich like the new Flintstones comic. That poo poo would get dark pretty quick.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mind the walrus posted:

The Island of Dr. MoreDough

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The Return of Superdickery.com (RIP)

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Can someone post Playful Obsession from 20th Century Eightball? It's a great take by Clowes on Richie Rich.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alright, what in the gently caress.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The most obvious question I have, is what did the dog's hair look like before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

a kitten posted:

Alright, what in the gently caress.

I mean.. I guess I can buy the idea of Richie Rich hiring Vincent Price to make him a bunch of scissor-handed people??