Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Could someone toss me some suggestions of good and fun lps I can put on my second screen while working so I won't get bored to death? Funny commentators and a fuckton of episodes are the key things I'm looking for :v:

Also no one has lp'd mass effect andromeda yet right? Kinda wanna watch someone riff on it so either looking for an salp or some random youtuber that isn't annoying(and hopefully funny)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Nalesh posted:

Could someone toss me some suggestions of good and fun lps I can put on my second screen while working so I won't get bored to death? Funny commentators and a fuckton of episodes are the key things I'm looking for :v:

Also no one has lp'd mass effect andromeda yet right? Kinda wanna watch someone riff on it so either looking for an salp or some random youtuber that isn't annoying(and hopefully funny)

The Saints Row 2 LP in the archive by Kaubocks and Panzer Skank is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Watched that one ages ago, but yeah that's pretty much one of the most perfect examples of what I want, hell maybe I should rewatch it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Mercs 2 by Dan and Dad is amazing.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Mercs 2 by Dan and Dad is amazing.
Seconding this. Also Geop's run through Dark Souls and slowbeef bumbling through the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Obligatory Men Drinkin' Coffee mention.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Getsuya posted:

What are some good, informative, voiced, video horror game LPs? I know some LPers sub them to preserve the atmosphere but I'd like voiced ones.

DumbRodent's LPs of Outcast and Dead Space are well worth checking out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nalesh posted:

I'd recommend TheStrawHatNO! if you're looking for real off the wall humour. It's not a lot of videos, depending on the game, but they tend to be decently long. Like, The Last of Us' shortest video is 32:00 minutes long. Most of them are around 40-1hour long. And it's really goofy. I mean they have a whole thing throughout the first episode about how the watch Joel's wearing is just the absolute worst thing. Like, he dies in game and they're like 'The watch got tighter, I swear' It's got 14 digits on it for some reason, it keeps coming back like a bad penny, etc.

Watch it. It's good.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuhyyy6nra7VlX7SfqEsUEQgsmGlrdU-P

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Similarly, Time Warriors (Coolguye and RoboKy) are great. Not supermany episodes, but really funny.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Is there a good blind LP of La Mulana (either version) anywhere? I'm longing to recapture the feeling of discovery and the best I can do is live it vicariously through someone else. Something like Kay Plays -- positive attitude, having fun exploring, good at piecing together lore and puzzle-solving -- would be fantastic.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Similarly, Time Warriors (Coolguye and RoboKy) are great. Not supermany episodes, but really funny.

Seconding this one, especially the Urban Chaos: Riot Response LP, which was actually helmed by Lunethex.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

nine-gear crow posted:

Seconding this one, especially the Urban Chaos: Riot Response LP, which was actually helmed by Lunethex.

For a good example of a co-op LP of the two, the Dawn of War 2 LP is goddamn amazing. It includes such amazing antics as Catvitus, Coolguye's Litanies of Hatred, Cyrus blowing poo poo up (sometimes his allies) and don't forget MORE CORPSES.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Princey posted:

Is there a good blind LP of La Mulana (either version) anywhere? I'm longing to recapture the feeling of discovery and the best I can do is live it vicariously through someone else. Something like Kay Plays -- positive attitude, having fun exploring, good at piecing together lore and puzzle-solving -- would be fantastic.

I don't know of a blind LP - and honestly with a game with puzzles this hard I'm not sure if anyone could make a completely blind LP work.

However, the LP by Agent355 has a guest commentator who doesn't know the game yet while Agent355 explains how puzzles are SUPPOSED to be solved, instead of just ramming your head into a wall like most people seem to do. I think it works quite well but it might not be what you're looking for.

https://lparchive.org/La-Mulana-(by-Agent355)/

(btw to search for La-Mulana on the lparchive you specifically have to add the dash. Doesn't work with a space)

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Carbon dioxide posted:

I don't know of a blind LP - and honestly with a game with puzzles this hard I'm not sure if anyone could make a completely blind LP work.

However, the LP by Agent355 has a guest commentator who doesn't know the game yet while Agent355 explains how puzzles are SUPPOSED to be solved, instead of just ramming your head into a wall like most people seem to do. I think it works quite well but it might not be what you're looking for.

https://lparchive.org/La-Mulana-(by-Agent355)/

(btw to search for La-Mulana on the lparchive you specifically have to add the dash. Doesn't work with a space)

Sadly, at some point Youtube decided to silently take down the account that I had used to put up the Hard Mode videos in Agent's LP. I've shot Baldurk an e-mail asking him to remove the links and maybe in the future I'll redo the videos, but it's not likely anytime soon.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Olesh posted:

Sadly, at some point Youtube decided to silently take down the account that I had used to put up the Hard Mode videos in Agent's LP. I've shot Baldurk an e-mail asking him to remove the links and maybe in the future I'll redo the videos, but it's not likely anytime soon.
I have a bunch of 480p copies I downloaded using KeepVid way back then, including Hell Temple. I could zip them up, throw them on Dropbox or Google Drive and baldurk could link to that instead if you like. (As an interim solution.)

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 14, 2017

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

I have a bunch of 480p copies I downloaded using KeepVid way back then, including Hell Temple. I could zip them up, throw them on Dropbox or Google Drive and baldurk could link to that instead if you like. (As an interim solution.)

Dropbox has implemented all kinds of ways to make their service unfun for users. For instance they changed all links a little while ago, meaning I had to go round the internet and update URLs anywhere (to a non-dropbox host of course), and if you generate a link now, you can't really get a direct link to a file anymore, only to this dropbox page from where you can download it. Nice for Dropbox's data gathering but it does mean users can click through to other files in your account.

It doesn't really matter directly if you set up a throw-away account for that but I prefer boycotting Dropbox entirely. Use any other file host instead.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Yapping Eevee posted:

If you have PMs, could you do that and PM me a link to the zip? I'd be interested in recovering the videos - how to rehost them can be my headache to handle.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Any good LPs on racing career type games? Type of game where you start in a lovely banger and end with the best car imaginable. Preferably it would be difficult, with an informed player explaining stuff.

I noticed quill18 has a series on Motorsport Manager but it's only 10 episodes and he seems half blind, I'm hoping for something more substantial.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Olesh posted:

If you have PMs, could you do that and PM me a link to the zip? I'd be interested in recovering the videos - how to rehost them can be my headache to handle.

Anyone with the grenade icon next to their name has PMs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Powerfrog posted:

Any good LPs on racing career type games? Type of game where you start in a lovely banger and end with the best car imaginable. Preferably it would be difficult, with an informed player explaining stuff.

I noticed quill18 has a series on Motorsport Manager but it's only 10 episodes and he seems half blind, I'm hoping for something more substantial.

Honestly, I don't know if there's an audience for them here or not. I attempted an LP of Forza Horizon last year (which I'm not plugging, just reflecting on) and it didn't get much audience traction save for a few people who really only checked it out because of my other LPs more than for the game itself before Artix and I decided to kill it. There haven't been many car racing game LPs on the forums, though I'm sure you can find some stuff on YouTube.

And I actually find that kind of a shame because I'd love to see someone tackle a late-series Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport game in career mode from start to finish.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Do Enthusia.
You get new cars by lottery, and you'll never drive them, since the game rewards beating races with the most underpowered poo poo you can use.
But you can't get too crazy with collisions or shortcuts, because your driver gets depressed and has to take a week off.

So, it's exciting suffering in and out of the races.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Does anybody please know the thread where somebody LPd the Bulgarian nationalist Europa Universalis mod, Steppe Wolf?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
all of the simulator style games, be they racing, soccer, or farming require a larger value proposition to get traction on SA, and honestly on youtube at large, too. with the usual let's play formula, you are restricting your audience to people who like simulation games, like the activity being simulated, have enough free time to care about watching videos if it, NOT ENOUGH free time to go do it themselves, and potentially people who connect with you on a personal level as well. that's just never going to be a large addressable space.

basically you'd have to either turn it into machinima of some sort, to remove the restrictions on people who like simulation games specifically (it just becomes a tool to tell your story at that point) or to turn it into an educational series with subject matter experts on things like the machines being simulated or drivers, to make people tolerate the simulation game aspect in order to watch a documentary.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

so i'm looking for another Co-commentary or Co-Op game with some fun back and forth banter. Something along the vein of Mzbundifund and bacter's Amulets and armor, or beef & Betus' bloodborne. Preferably something more of the RPG flavor.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Old-ish LP of Crackdown:
https://lparchive.org/Crackdown/

The same peeps also did Crackdown 2, but I never got around to watching that one.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Looking for some good footage of people enjoying Sonic Mania. What ya got?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I haven't watched it yet but I assume the Men Drinkin' Coffee are having fun with it.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I'd recommend their videos.

Men Drinkin' Coffee is one of the best LP groups to ever outgrow the subforum. Once they come crawling back their humbling will be great.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Earnestly posted:

I'd recommend their videos.

Men Drinkin' Coffee is one of the best LP groups to ever outgrow the subforum. Once they come crawling back their humbling will be great.

...why would they ever come crawling back? :confused:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I haven't watched it yet but I assume the Men Drinkin' Coffee are having fun with it.

they absolutely are. late episode 1 and a bunch of episode 2 is just them gasping with joy at some of the new level mechanics.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I stumbled upon a Polish gamer's series where he LPs terrible games. The early ones are subtitled in English.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ0h0Yns_-Xg3pMWfWMzAgCAKeQqavcra

It's surreal.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
:allears:

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 22, 2017

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

polish is the language of poets

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

...why would they ever come crawling back? :confused:

Yeah I heard Judge had to get a smaller jacuzzi inside his real jacuzzi just for his dog from those LP bucks.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I found a YouTube channel that's hosting a very non-traditional Dark Souls LP and the latest video just delighted me, so I'm gonna go ahead and recommend it here.

He fights and rates every enemy in Dark Souls based on how well he thinks it would be able to protect his son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esB4_qoqDJA

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Looking for an LP I watched a bit of ages ago - Video MGS1 LP, but it was spliced to put the codec calls over the gameplay instead of stopping for them. Was this a thing, or am I making it up?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

ProfessorProf posted:

Looking for an LP I watched a bit of ages ago - Video MGS1 LP, but it was spliced to put the codec calls over the gameplay instead of stopping for them. Was this a thing, or am I making it up?

I believe it was a series called "Metal Gear Solid Plays Itself".

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I believe it was a series called "Metal Gear Solid Plays Itself".

Yup, there it is. drat, looks like it got abandoned.

cogito ergo incommo
Apr 2, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

Umm. No, it's not. On this forum too.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811653

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

ProfessorProf posted:

It's just a lot of work and slow.