Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Stupid question but what's a good way to earn credits anyways? Saw a few things on the auction sites that look pretty cool but ... 9 million is about 50% of my accumulated credits for all 3 of my characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Aleth posted:

Why would anyone want that filthy TRAITOR Dorne, anyway? At least when Quinn went traitor he stayed Imperial.

I just hate that mole.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Cythereal posted:

Dark side Jaesa.

DS Jaesa just sounds like an angry goth girl who is trying too hard. Also, I'm really enjoying the Agent story. I regret not setting Watcher X free and becoming the Hand of Jadus, but the story is very interesting. Also, I turned the LS / DS symbols off in the conversations so I don't know what's the bad choice or the good choice.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I killed Vette again :/ Torian is just so much more useful in a military setting/I like him more.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You're a terrible person for picking Mandalorian grunt #92842141 over an experienced field operative that served the Emperor's Wrath with distinction.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

DS Jaesa just sounds like an angry goth girl who is trying too hard. Also, I'm really enjoying the Agent story. I regret not setting Watcher X free and becoming the Hand of Jadus, but the story is very interesting. Also, I turned the LS / DS symbols off in the conversations so I don't know what's the bad choice or the good choice.

Nuts to becoming the right hand man of Darth Jadus, it's so much more fun and fitting to pull the rug out from under him and making him surrender through guile.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Back Hack posted:

Nuts to becoming the right hand man of Darth Jadus, it's so much more fun and fitting to pull the rug out from under him and making him surrender through guile.

I didn't know you could do that until after I made the decision.

JackFlash
Jul 19, 2013
Apparently there was a beta title for doing so that they dropped for some reason. Also one of the later missions has slightly different dialogue if you do it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It's weird the stuff from beta that sticks with me after all these years. Like there was a questgiver on Coruscant who was a twi'lek in beta and then suddenly became a human at launch, and even having played through there a dozen times since, it still throws me. I still expect him to be a twi'lek every time.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Back Hack posted:

Playing the Agent as basically a non-force sensitive sith is so much fun though.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's weird the stuff from beta that sticks with me after all these years. Like there was a questgiver on Coruscant who was a twi'lek in beta and then suddenly became a human at launch, and even having played through there a dozen times since, it still throws me. I still expect him to be a twi'lek every time.

Not beta but RIP Rodian Jedi trainer you were too beautiful for this world.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Are there any healers that focus more on blocking incoming damage, similar to disc priests in WoW or scholars in FFXIV?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Tsurupettan posted:

Are there any healers that focus more on blocking incoming damage, similar to disc priests in WoW or scholars in FFXIV?

There's not a lot of complexity to the game, it's pretty much broken down into tank, heals, DPS. Sorcs/Sages have a force bubble they put on people that absorbs a bit of damage, but that's only a bit and then it's back to standard healing.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
My Jugg yells loudly enough at people to produce a protective sonic shell about him, too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

My Jugg yells loudly enough at people to produce a protective sonic shell about him, too.

But it also creates an emotional wall of protection that keeps those you love out because you can't control your temper.

JackFlash
Jul 19, 2013

Medullah posted:

But it also creates an emotional wall of protection that keeps those you love out because you can't control your temper.

The curse of the Sith.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Finally ran a character through Iokath after a long break... and wow, the Iokath dailies are bullshit. Who came up with the idea of dailies that COST MONEY? How were they not fired?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I can only assume someone finally took note of how ridiculous inflation had gotten and decided to do something about it, no matter how retarded his decision might be.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That's why NS Nightlife came back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Finally ran a character through Iokath after a long break... and wow, the Iokath dailies are bullshit. Who came up with the idea of dailies that COST MONEY? How were they not fired?

You still come out ahead on the Walker/Monitor/Mouse Droid dailies assuming you don't die, and even then you usually come out ahead.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So I just saw the Umbara "teaser" and wow does it scream :effort:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Said teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYOxer6WI3k

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Where is the rest of it?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
HAHAHAHA

Welp there you go Medullah, R.I.P Concealment.

Edit: Not a huge DPS loss really but Concealment was already walking an edge and Bioware just pushed them over.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 16, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

HAHAHAHA

Welp there you go Medullah, R.I.P Concealment.

Yepppp it was fun while it lasted. Operative, a good class in 2012 and for part of the year in 2017.

quote:

Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Operative
Concealment
Acid Blade's damage has been reduced by 27.78%
Collateral Strike's damage has been reduced by 27.68%

Scoundrel
Scrapper
Flechette Round's damage has been reduced by 27.78%
Flying Fists’ damage has been reduced by 27.68%

DevNotes: The Concealment / Scrapper discipline was dealing more DPS than intended, so we made a couple changes to shrink it down a bit. These changes allow the Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel to still deal decent burst damage while having their sustained damage output brought in line with the DPS target.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yepppp it was fun while it lasted. Operative, a good class in 2012 and for part of the year in 2017.

I'm interested in Bioware's definition of "decent burst" considering only DPS Sorc and Juggs should fear Concealment and that's only because they're free to all DPS specs.

These nerfs weren't needed...what should have been done is change Volatile Substance to the next hit period.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I'm interested in Bioware's definition of "decent burst" considering only DPS Sorc and Juggs should fear Concealment and that's only because they're free to all DPS specs.

These nerfs weren't needed...what should have been done is change Volatile Substance to the next hit period.

I dunno I do pretty well with my Operative, she's the only character I've played much since 5.0 but I've done 9600 parses without full 248 gear, and have murdered tons of people in war zones. Of course, that was unranked and usually against terrible people, but hey whatever man.

But of course as much as it bums me out it cheers me up reading the thread about the changes and seeing all the super, super angry people.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I cannot wait to find out if the spoilers are true. If so the official forums will be fan-loving-tastic.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The tears about it already are delicious.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Spoilers for what, the next movie or the next plot arc? I haven't paid much attention to either.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The plot arc and specifically the identity of the traitor.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I recently joined The Old Republic, and I'm playing through the Smuggler storyline on Coruscant right now. So far, I like TOR even better than KOTOR I and II. The main storyline is slower, but the open and varied environment of Oord Mantell was a lot more interesting than the long hallways on Taris and the Peragus mining station. All the side quests are a lot more interesting. I tried playing as someone who was morally neutral and acting out of self-interest. In KOTOR II, I think most of the dark side options were choices like killing for pleasure. Here, there were some dark side actions motivated by trying to stay on the Oord Mantel government's good side when it was doing something morally wrong (e.g. being complicit in their torturing of detainees). The most impressive part is how much dialog there is. I read it holds a Guiness world record for most voiceover work in a project.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
It's a Good Game. Are you on the One True Server?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Yes, I'm on the Jedi Covenant server under the character name Rigela. I'll seek out the Goon Squad guild the next time I'm logged on

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Always be in the goon guild if for no other reason then to have a chat to poo poo up.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Isnt that what discord is for? :ohdear:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

True but i'm always so lonely in-game, no other goons ever sign on. :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i play a bit each night but none of my characters are in the goon guilds. ive been too lazy to harass people for invites. i'm also a low level babby so there's that

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's okay to join as a low level babby. Don't see to many of those players anymore. A lot of us I think have been playing since launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I said come in! posted:

It's okay to join as a low level babby. Don't see to many of those players anymore. A lot of us I think have been playing since launch.

I meant more of i can't run content with you. :D Not joining has just been me being lazy.

This game is good and fun though. the $40 amazon pack was super worth.

• Locked thread