Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zaphod42 posted:

Its just too much going on in one model. The snail-centipede is cool by himself, but there's like one dude on him and there's a tree on him and some metal bits dragging behind him and that dude on the pole... get rid of all that and it'd look better.

It's a character. Presumably there will be less detailed snail beasts later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The nurgle snail is loving great. It's goofy as gently caress, but that's just Nurgle. The top of the shell is somewhat busy, but not overly so. The snail itself and its shell are relatively plain. The guy is supposed to be Nurgle's own horticulturalist so none of the stuff on top is out of place.

There's even a tiny piranha plant in a pot. :3:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
There's not enough bells

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

taht owns so hard

Yeah I can't get myself to hate it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I don't like the stupid thick chains so I'd switch that out with jewellers chain but otherwise :pcgaming:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That dude's weapon is just a pair of Plaguebearer swords jammed together into a massive pair of gardening sheers, I love it.

I do appreciate that the Nurgle Daemon stuff continues to be doofy and cartoonish, it provides as nice thematic and aesthetic contrast to the GRIM AND DOUR style the mortal Nurgle stuff rocks.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

That dude's weapon is just a pair of Plaguebearer swords jammed together into a massive pair of gardening sheers, I love it.
Oh poo poo, I'd been trying to figure out just what they were doing with that weapon. That's fantastically goofy. :allears:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Safety Factor posted:

Oh poo poo, I'd been trying to figure out just what they were doing with that weapon. That's fantastically goofy. :allears:

Reading the lore blurb and the little teaser video that got released, that dude's the first Plaguebearer and Nurgle's personal gardener, hence the sheers, the tools and the chains tilling the soil behind his mount.

I'm starting to hope we get some crazy Nurgle plant monsters for him to pal around with.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Oh no, the Garden of Nurgle details I absolutely adore. I just find the snail face kind of dumb. That said, the more I look at this thing the more it's growing on me, and I guess you can't really do a snail in a fashion any more intimidating.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Paint some more hosed up and less cartoonish pupils in it's eyes and there you go.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Nurgle is best when he's a huge cartoon tbh. That snail is goofy as hell and it's great.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

CyberLord XP posted:

When you roll a 1?

:golfclap: this didn't get enough love

The Bee posted:

I can't say I'm the biggest fan. I like goofy in my hams, and it still looks really goofy.

You're wrong. This is goofy as hell and it owns. If you want less goofy, it's also easy to fix--just cut off the eye stalks and make it eyeless. Instantly more menacing and easier to transport.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
The tree on the back gives it a nightmare before Christmas vibe. I am not a fan. I know that all the settings are a bit cartoony but this is just far beyond the threshold of not being utterly ridiculous. The guy sat on the back is the best bit.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
It owns, enough to make me consider a Death Guard + Daemons army if the codex turns out some cool stuff too.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
There's nothing stopping me from giving a Khornate Helbrute the Talisman of Burning Blood, right? The rules only say 'model' and as long as I dedicate the Brute to Khorne I should be in the clear.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
he's got a bone between his teeth like a straw

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Science Rocket posted:

There's nothing stopping me from giving a Khornate Helbrute the Talisman of Burning Blood, right? The rules only say 'model' and as long as I dedicate the Brute to Khorne I should be in the clear.

Relics go on Characters.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Science Rocket posted:

The rules for relics specify that they have to go to a character. Your Helbrute is not a character.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Science Rocket posted:

You can only give relics to characters so, sorry, that's a no-go. It's specified in the couple of paragraphs just above the Talisman of Burning Blood on the page with all the relics.

You can give it to a demon prince though. :getin:

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
drat, I thought I finally found a solution. Poor guy keeps rolling snake eyes on charges and failing them :smith:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Just ordered some KR foam trays and card case, thanks thread for discussing this stuff earlier and stopping me from throwing money at the shitheads at battlefoam.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

he's got a bone between his teeth like a straw

And if I'm looking at it right, that nurgling has been hung up as bait for the snail. Model owns.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Good choice. People knock the card cases but they work just fine. Especially if you put them in one of the bags.

I have a bag that holds 2 of the card cases and 4 total card cases. I just swap out the cases depending on what I need for the day.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

After borrowing my friend's ork army a few times, I've decided orks are my next army.

My life has been building toward the Waaagh.

Hugely disappointed that Flash Gits are still garbage despite the amazing plastic kit though :smith:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Fought the Necron player again today and made sure he used his rules correctly, ended up tabling him. I was the attacker for konor this week but didn't really lose much.

His lychguard with warscythes did absorb a charge from my 5 cataphractii at a loss of 1 of theirs, then kill 3 terminators in retaliation that turn and the rest the next turn. That was pretty rough. They came back on the table next turn and killed a unit of scarabs.

My captain with teeth of terra (Plus 6 wounds from overcharged plasmaguns) took down a ghost ark. Teeth of terra is so loving good.

For his list he used imhotek, some other character that gave +1 to WBB rolls and had a lance weapon, 5 warscythe lychguard, 20 warriors, 2 5-model immortal squads, 2 units of 6 scarabs, nightscythe, ghost ark, stalker, 3 wraiths, and a spider.

My terminator librarian null zoned his wraiths, it was pretty boss. They dropped like flies after that. The librarian also killed a lot of poo poo with smite, and put might of heroes on my contemptor most of the fight making it a monster to deal with. Said contemptor with might of heroes killed Imhotek for the win, I didn't bother shooting the nightscythe much because the tesla never felt that threatening to me.

My vindicator killed exactly 0 models but it was a good distraction piece because he charged his lychguard into them first (I put it right out front dead center) and warscythes still wound it on 5s because of T8.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 20, 2017

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Hugely disappointed that Flash Gits are still garbage despite the amazing plastic kit though :smith:

They don't have quality or quantity in shooting or assault - but their time will come.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
How am I supposed to play skitarii? I have two unites each of rangers and vanguard, Cawl, a techpriest and two onagers. Every game so far has basically just been me shooting at the biggest thing with all my plasma and characters with my snipers until melee happens and all my stuff is uber toast?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

The Bee posted:

This is AoS, not 40k (I swear, they're pushing Nurgle to the moon this year), but this might be what we have to look forward to with those multi-legged slug creatures.

I can't say I'm the biggest fan. I like goofy in my hams, and it still looks really goofy.

What is it plowing? :confused:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

General Olloth posted:

What is it plowing? :confused:

The ground to spread diseases and spores I am guessing.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Nurgle's Garden must grow.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just got back from playing this weeks Konor mission with my AdMech. Wiped my opponents entire Chaos Daemons army down to a single champion of Khorne.

Lost because Cawl was 4" from the central objective. I lost only my Fulgurite Electro-Priests and a single Kastelan Robot.

I was robbed I tell ya!

3-1 victory points, loss.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Science Rocket posted:

drat, I thought I finally found a solution. Poor guy keeps rolling snake eyes on charges and failing them :smith:

You can always use the command point re-roll to try again on one of the dice

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Floppychop posted:

Good choice. People knock the card cases but they work just fine. Especially if you put them in one of the bags.

I have a bag that holds 2 of the card cases and 4 total card cases. I just swap out the cases depending on what I need for the day.

Yeah, I'll probably pick up one of the bags at some point. For now, the cases are just to sit in the car for the 7 minute drive to the store for games.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

TheChirurgeon posted:

You can always use the command point re-roll to try again on one of the dice

Didn't they errata it so rerolls are now all dice at once for a model's action, not one or all?

Yeah, found it on the website.: "If a rule
allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding
several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless
otherwise stated, you must roll all of those dice again"

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

The Bee posted:

Didn't they errata it so rerolls are now all dice at once for a model's action, not one or all?

Yeah, found it on the website.: "If a rule
allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding
several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless
otherwise stated, you must roll all of those dice again"

The stratagem doesn't reroll the result, it rerolls a single die

This is talking about stuff like an ability that says "reroll charge distance"

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Zaphod42 posted:

Spehss Mahreens have been using jump packs with normal power armor boots for like 10,000 years.

Jump pack dudes get dropped out of planes. Inceptors get dropped from orbit, hence the more spacesuity helmets with blast shields and the extra moonboots.

E: also the nurgle dude riding Slurms Mackenzie is the best

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

The stratagem doesn't reroll the result, it rerolls a single die

This is talking about stuff like an ability that says "reroll charge distance"

Ohhh, okay. Thanks for the catch!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

JoshTheStampede posted:

Jump pack dudes get dropped out of planes. Inceptors get dropped from orbit, hence the more spacesuity helmets with blast shields and the extra moonboots.

yea they dont know about terminal velocity in the grim dark future

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
You see, they had to make them look loving dumb because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea they dont know about terminal velocity in the grim dark future

Terminal velocity isn't a thing with poo poo in orbit. If you're dropping in from orbit you're going far in excess of terminal velocity before you hit the atmosphere, that is why there is giant sheets of plasma coming off poo poo re-entering the atmosphere.

All terminal velocity means is it's the fastest speed you can fall if starting at 0 velocity and accelerated only by gravity due to drag.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 21, 2017