Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Anyone else get free months from Hulu a lot? Seems like we have it over half of the year without paying a thing.

Like recently we had two weeks free that ended August 6th and then on the 12th they gave us a month free.

Sub number padding? Hoping I forget to cancel? Both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Anyone else get free months from Hulu a lot? Seems like we have it over half of the year without paying a thing.

Like recently we had two weeks free that ended August 6th and then on the 12th they gave us a month free.

Sub number padding? Hoping I forget to cancel? Both?

they'll also thrown in a month+ free if you try to cancel

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i figure they are desperately trying to remain relevant next to netflix

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

I have Netflix and prime and if I'm missing out on some hit new show on a different then too fuckin bad for that show. I'm with the management on this one. I want to pay for things but I simply don't partake at all if they don't make it easy. No show is so good that I need to pirate it to live the phenomenon or whatever.

Lots of people prefer better than Dollar Tree DVD tier content.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Management posted:

piracy is like open source but for things that are good

lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hulu subscribers are hilarious because they pay for a streaming service and yet they have to watch ads anyway

i mean... lol, just lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Hulu subscribers are hilarious because they pay for a streaming service and yet they have to watch ads anyway

i mean... lol, just lol

they can pay EXTRA to have no ads on their lovely content :smug:

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
does hulu still show ads if you pay?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Doc Block posted:

does hulu still show ads if you pay?

this is why I never subscribed past like whatever 2 week trial back many years ago

if they still are that way then lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

i mean... lol, just lol

it's just like cable, except you can't dvr it and skip the ads

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Between Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime I've got everything I need. If it isn't on there I don't give a poo poo.

Really looking forward to The Tick in a week. The Defenders was pure garbage, and Daredevil was really the only tolerable Marvel show. The guy playing Danny Rand is the loving worst and he's a huge bumbling manchild in both his own series and the Defenders.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

all comic book movies and tv are trash

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

:yeah:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

mlyp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

enjoy super hero movies but never enjoyed super hero tv

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

enjoy super hero movies but never enjoyed super hero tv

jessica jones is good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

is this before or after the 15 minutes of unskippable YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR nonsense?

you normally only see that on older blu rays and it's usually skippable

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Black panther is gonna be so loving good. First comic book movie I'll have watched since watchmen (which was super disappointing)

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

cis autodrag posted:

Black panther is gonna be so loving good. First comic book movie I'll have watched since watchmen (which was super disappointing)

he was the only character I liked in the recent avengers movie.

well, him and antman.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

truth

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
I watched the rest of The Defenders and welp, it sucked. Leave out the dumbass mysticism from now on Netflix and Marvel.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Doc Block posted:

I watched the rest of The Defenders and welp, it sucked. Leave out the dumbass mysticism from now on Netflix and Marvel.

it's fine, just leave out Danny rand and any involvement he might have with the plot.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"we need a martial arts master character, let's hire a guy who doesn't know a single bit and fix it in post. fortunately his character is such an unlikable dick nobody will notice he can't fight"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also why do you need a super karate guy when you have another character whose entire character is "blind but is also a super karate guy"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Stymie posted:

also why do you need a super karate guy when you have another character whose entire character is "blind but is also a super karate guy"

one is rich

pram
Jun 10, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

true stop watching prolefeed idiots

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

i'm probably buying a 13 inch touchbar on the first.
is it a good computer

ufarn
May 30, 2009
i'd wait until they add coffee lake cpus to their lineup, you'll get two more cores and some other refresh stuff with it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ufarn posted:

i'd wait until they add coffee lake cpus to their lineup, you'll get two more cores and some other refresh stuff with it

so, like, 2020?

SRQ posted:

is it a good computer

that depends, do you like dongles?

because boy howdy you're gonna have a lot of dongles

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

SRQ posted:

is it a good computer

I have one. I like the touchbar. I hate the keyboard, especially the arrow keys. it runs too hot doing basically nothing and the fans are always spinning on high.

also this:

infernal machines posted:

this weekend I bought a USB-C to USB-A+Ethernet adapter so I can move files to it at non-absurd speeds and also connect my keyboard and mouse.

The Management fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 22, 2017

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SRQ posted:

is it a good computer

better than any other laptop you can purchase. be sure to max out the ram

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

infernal machines posted:

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

i will probably only be using hdmi out from it (via a dongle) and maybe usb3 to a hub, that's about it.

might pick up a dock?

does it have enough CPU JUICE (the 3.1 model) to pair well with an external gpu chassis for Video Games so I can sell my giant clunky dumb desktop?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SRQ posted:

i will probably only be using hdmi out from it (via a dongle) and maybe usb3 to a hub, that's about it.

might pick up a dock?

does it have enough CPU JUICE (the 3.1 model) to pair well with an external gpu chassis for Video Games so I can sell my giant clunky dumb desktop?

don't buy a mac to play video games you idiot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SRQ posted:

might pick up a dock?

there are no usb3 docks that aren't rickety bullshit that fail around a slight breeze/wifi

which is why apple doesn't sell any of them.

just buy a separate usb3 dongle for every connector you want because apple made a computer with no ports you might actually need

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

akadajet posted:

don't play video games you idiot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

akadajet posted:

don't buy a mac you idiot

also works

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

akadajet posted:

don't buy a mac to play video games you idiot

uh i'm not i'm buying it for other things and would like to do this in addition to those things.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SRQ posted:

uh i'm not i'm buying it for other things and would like to do this in addition to those things.

keep the desktop for the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

SRQ posted:

might pick up a dock?

it will overheat and throttle down in short order

• Locked thread