Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Jessica jones was loving terrible. dd season 2 was bad as soon as electra showed up cause shes the worst.

also the best parts of iron first were everything other than danny who is also the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

cis autodrag posted:

I have Netflix and prime and if I'm missing out on some hit new show on a different then too fuckin bad for that show. I'm with the management on this one. I want to pay for things but I simply don't partake at all if they don't make it easy. No show is so good that I need to pirate it to live the phenomenon or whatever.

yeah. having 97 different streaming services is real dumb but :capitalism:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lol @ our naive beliefs that streaming would change everything, crush the old system, and provide anything and everything we could ever want always

the various copyright owners were a little slow at first but are now moving along quite nicely at finding entirely new ways of screwing us over

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in fact the lower overheads, ie everyone pays for their own streaming gear rather than rents a top box ./ has played into their hands

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i think the apple tv would be a lot more interesting if steve jobs was still alive, he was probably the only big enough rear end in a top hat to go against the tv/movie business and manage to wring a decent offering from them

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
instead of having 500 channels with 3 things you want to watch for $140 a month you'll have 10 different streaming services with exclusive content for $15 a month each

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

SO DEMANDING posted:

i think the apple tv would be a lot more interesting if steve jobs was still alive, he was probably the only big enough rear end in a top hat to go against the tv/movie business and manage to wring a decent offering from them

yep. i heard The New Apple TV was supposed to debut a year prior with some new cheap tv subscription model but rumor has it the deal just couldn't be made and they delayed and nerfed the atv 4.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The lady at the barber shop today was super hyped about Defenders. I'm watching and enjoying it, but kind of sad it's almost over already. Only 8 episodes.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Dislike button posted:

instead of having 500 channels with 3 things you want to watch for $140 a month you'll have 10 different streaming services with exclusive content for $15 a month each

or I have one app (Infuse) that I paid $5 for once, and forever have every single movie/tv show that I want streamed right to my apple TV.

don't be a sucker.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Dislike button posted:

Yuuuuuup. And despite all these providers popping up there's still shitloads of content that no one has for some reason. And jack poo poo for movies.

so, piracy it is!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I don't pirate things anymore, because I'm not poor and people deserve to be paid for their work.

However, I also don't sit around watching tv all day so there's only one or two streaming services I worry about each year, and I cancel them once I'm done with them. For movies there's usually only a couple a year I care about and iTunes is fine for that.

If I was poor and a tv vegetable I would definitely still pirate things

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i haven't pirated anything since i was in college and had no money.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I pay for streaming services because my time is worth something and not having to watch terrible ads for CPG trash or the latest Crossover Vehicle bragging about how it has some feature developed by a sub-supplier which is terribly integrated is worth it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i want to spend money on alcohol rather than ceos getting richer so i piracy

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I pay for things I can and pirate things I cant buy (like sky f1 coverage) it is the way of the future

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I pirate everything that isn't available through an affordable and extremely convenient official channel. steam got me to go legit for pc games because it meant no more discs and loving around with cracks if I ever lost em. when netflix came out where I lived I jumped on it because I was sick of having to make space and go to the trouble of finding decent quality torrents. now that netflix is being slowly crippled I'm doing a lot more torrenting these days and frankly it bums me out

best case scenario in a few years all these new streaming services will fold and all their respective content returns to netflix lol it's not gonna happen

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when someone makes a meta subscription service that makes it as easy as running one they will murder

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

echinopsis posted:

when someone makes a meta subscription service that makes it as easy as running one they will murder

congrats, you just invented cable companies

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

comcast's on demand will actually be a kind of meta service. if something isn't on the channel's on demand but is on Netflix it'll launch Netflix

too bad that involves Comcast though

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Shaggar posted:

Jessica jones was loving terrible. dd season 2 was bad as soon as electra showed up cause shes the worst.

also the best parts of iron first were everything other than danny who is also the worst

if you liked jessica jones this would be the correct opinion.

luke cage was fine i guess, weaker 2nd half, though i'd argue none of the series have been able to stick their 2nd halves yet.

EDIT: to be relevant to apple, something something holding jessica jones wrong

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Beamed posted:

if you liked jessica jones this would be the correct opinion.

luke cage was fine i guess, weaker 2nd half, though i'd argue none of the series have been able to stick their 2nd halves yet.

EDIT: to be relevant to apple, something something holding jessica jones wrong

Jessica Jones uses a Samsung, thus denoting her lower intelligence, while
the rich guy who is the prize the villains
are after appears to use an iPhone

also the blind man uses a phone that speaks the screen but I can't tell
if it's an iPhone or something else

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

The Management posted:

I'm willing to pay for content. make it loving available and I will. I don't want to have to subscribe to 4 streaming services plus cable and I don't want to have to figure out what loving schedule it appears and disappears from some service. just take my money, assholes.

TV shiow and movie production companies saw what the iTunes Store and streaming services did to music and they're going to fight like hell to keep it from happening again.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

my new macbook pro is like iron fist in that people looked forward to it until they learned more but then bought it anyway and it was as bad as they thought

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

congrats, you just invented cable companies

the more things change the more they stay the same

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

i want to spend money on alcohol rather than ceos getting richer so i piracy

I have bad news

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

I just buy the blu ray on amazon and watch it on my ps4 in glorious dolby whatever w/ a decent bitrate and no macro blocking

is this before or after the 15 minutes of unskippable YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR nonsense?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

I'm watching the defenders and all its doing is reminding me how much I hate Jessica jones and iron fist. they should just make more daredevil

don you dare to dis rza

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

I'm watching the defenders and all its doing is reminding me how much I hate Jessica jones and iron fist. they should just make more daredevil

jessica jones was p dece, but i can't stand the dude playing iron fist. glad i didn't watch that show.

edit: and yeah, we need daredevil season 3. preferrably without the faux mysticism borefest in the second half.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i rewatched the man with the iron fists recently. it's a good popcorn flick and rza wasn't too bad in it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i rewatched the man with the iron fists recently. it's a good popcorn flick and rza wasn't too bad in it.

i watched it and the sequel last year and my god was it was so bad it managed to be funny

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

if accessibility works at all then it must be an iphone

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

is this before or after the 15 minutes of unskippable YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR nonsense?

actually both before and after

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dislike button posted:

I don't pirate things anymore, because I'm not poor and people deserve to be paid for their work.

However, I also don't sit around watching tv all day so there's only one or two streaming services I worry about each year, and I cancel them once I'm done with them. For movies there's usually only a couple a year I care about and iTunes is fine for that.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dislike button posted:

is this the virtue signaling that is all the rage today

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

amazon seems to be trying to angle at this with prime

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

SO DEMANDING posted:

lol @ our naive beliefs that streaming would change everything, crush the old system, and provide anything and everything we could ever want always

the various copyright owners were a little slow at first but are now moving along quite nicely at finding entirely new ways of screwing us over

welp guess that means pirating will be alive forever

oh well, shits so easy and rapid these days that it's almost like having cable and a TiVo box

the only streaming service I even bother with these days is Netflix cause they're the only ones doing it right

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Dislike button posted:

"Heh, I don't even own a TV!" :smug:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i pirate because im a loser and morally bankrupt. and i dont care.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Last Chance posted:

i pirate because im a loser and morally bankrupt. and i dont care.

piracy is like open source but for things that are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The Management posted:

piracy is like open source but for things that are good

• Locked thread