Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hi mock indeed, puny attempts to mold robots into the shape of a human without thinking how the robot will shape you :smugdog:

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is mrbradlymrmartin advocating for people to do a zoids gunpla thing instead? tbh, i think robot human is cooler than robot tiger or robot bee

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
really im just flattered all you organic beings wanna play with robots :allears:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i did find some old as poo poo eva models, or at least part of em

maybe ill see whats what and what i can paint or w/e? idk :thunk:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i did find some old as poo poo eva models, or at least part of em

maybe ill see whats what and what i can paint or w/e? idk :thunk:

u should make this:

that robot doesn't give a gently caress about looking like any organic life form

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

u should make this:

that robot doesn't give a gently caress about looking like any organic life form

that robot succ

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Condiv posted:

u should make this:

Haha Blunts Are Not LIfeforms: Your Honest To God Opinion :regd09:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

C'mon, imagine the Jeb! hi-mock

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm excited for the C-SPAM Hi-Mock Challenge. Should it be organized with a deadline and a separate thread and so on?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm excited for the C-SPAM Hi-Mock Challenge. Should it be organized with a deadline and a separate thread and so on?

Yeah! I started drafting a post, I was thinking of starting it at the beginning of September and we all try to finish it by the end of the month?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah! I started drafting a post, I was thinking of starting it at the beginning of September and we all try to finish it by the end of the month?

I was looking at the miniature thread, they did a month too. But it was an established thing, every month they did a model. Plus everybody in there is already at least somewhat dedicated and experienced modeler. I think the C-SPAM challenge should last a bit longer, like September and October?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

I was looking at the miniature thread, they did a month too. But it was an established thing, every month they did a model. Plus everybody in there is already at least somewhat dedicated and experienced modeler. I think the C-SPAM challenge should last a bit longer, like September and October?

That would be good! We'll call it the October Gunpla Revolution

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
weird banter, but i like it!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh poo poo, classic Beargguy!

C-SPAM is gonna make such great hi-mocks

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

are you talking about this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P5R148U/

because thats p fuckin inexpensive and sounds easy

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

oh hi, mock

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

how hard is it to paint a gundam if youve never done it?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
So the best way to do it is to assemble the model and figure out what you want to paint, and then disassemble, paint, and reassemble. That's kind of the most foolproof way to do it, so you don't accidentally get paint on the pieces you don't want to paint. I very rarely do any painting because by the time I've got the thing assembled I'm ready to move on to the next one. You can get around this on an assembled model by putting tape on the parts you don't want painted, but depending on the fragility of the model you're doing (for instance, Gundam Unicorn models seem to be especially flimsy), you might have a hard time peeling the tape off without also pulling the attached pieces out of the socket.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punchymcpunch posted:

e : see post above me

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

its gunna look real bad. you might waste 15-20 whole sets before becoming decent enough unless you're like a talented painter already

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i will paint a hi mok

but u wont like it

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

its gunna look real bad. you might waste 15-20 whole sets before becoming decent enough unless you're like a talented painter already

I'll show you. When my first ever painted Gunpla looks good you will eat your words!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'll show you. When my first ever painted Gunpla looks good you will eat your words!

i used to paint warhammer 40k figs but gave up before becoming acceptable as a painter. too expensive

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

i used to paint warhammer 40k figs but gave up before becoming acceptable as a painter. too expensive

Gunpla kits are way easier to paint because they don't have all the small details. I've seen people get decent results by just spray painting the pieces in the appropriate colors

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

therell be like 8 antifa mechs 2 trumpbots and a corndroid when we do this

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

all part of the plan

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I will admit to being slightly smug about warhammer, because *my* nerdy small thing hobby is so much cheaper

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

im gonna paint mine light blue and trap it inside a wibbly wobbly wall where it can cyberbully teens with attitude

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Nebakenezzer posted:

I will admit to being slightly smug about warhammer, because *my* nerdy small thing hobby is so much cheaper

me too and i play a fukken modular synthesizer lololol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Squizzle posted:

You have my Thor!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

You have my Thor!

please dont share herpes mr cernovich

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

do u want a jpg of me as a manga?

i finded my tshirt with manga me on it and posted it at instagram lol

and i managed to get it on imgur even #hessohandsome

dildo sample pack
Nov 27, 2016
Hi friends!

I prefer not to post much, but nearly all the time that I spend on these forums nowadays is spent lurking either C-SPAM or D&D. Usually C-SPAM.

Anyway, I'm feeling kinda excited because I have received my invitation to attend the 19th World Festival of Youth and Students in Sochi and have purchased my plane ticket to Russia! Hopefully the visa acquisition process will go smoothly.

Is anyone else who spends time dicking around in the politics threads on this website going to be at this event?

Maybe I will try to befriend a woman from a poorer country and ask her if she would be interested in marrying me and living in America with me! This possibility is fun to think about, but I don't think it's very likely.

Anyway, please enjoy this "Hymn of Democratic Youth", which I suppose might be the theme song of the World Federation of Democratic Youth, which sponsors these world festivals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG9pbizD0nc

Thanks for reading this post! C-SPAM is super groovy and awesome!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

gr8ful4theseforums posted:

Hi friends!

I prefer not to post much, but nearly all the time that I spend on these forums nowadays is spent lurking either C-SPAM or D&D. Usually C-SPAM.

Anyway, I'm feeling kinda excited because I have received my invitation to attend the 19th World Festival of Youth and Students in Sochi and have purchased my plane ticket to Russia! Hopefully the visa acquisition process will go smoothly.

good luck with your fake news! :)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I heard c-spam were painting succ-mocks; any theme or guidelines, or is it just "buy a robot and paint it nerds"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Neurolimal posted:

I heard c-spam were painting succ-mocks; any theme or guidelines, or is it just "buy a robot and paint it nerds"

so far it seems we're just doing buy the robot and paint it.

but we'll have a gunpla thread to actually post any such themeing rules and guidelines should they end up existing

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

gr8ful4theseforums posted:

Hi friends!

Is anyone else who spends time dicking around in the politics threads on this website going to be at this event?

Maybe I will try to befriend a woman from a poorer country and ask her if she would be interested in marrying me and living in America with me! This possibility is fun to think about, but I don't think it's very likely.

Anyway, please enjoy this "Hymn of Democratic Youth", which I suppose might be the theme song of the World Federation of Democratic Youth, which sponsors these world festivals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG9pbizD0nc

Thanks for reading this post! C-SPAM is super groovy and awesome!

bring me back some beluga cavier and a chunk of Persian opium the size of a baseball pls, k thx have a nice trip maestro

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Condiv posted:

so far it seems we're just doing buy the robot and paint it.

but we'll have a gunpla thread to actually post any such themeing rules and guidelines should they end up existing

Cool, here's some useful links/collected info from when a succer asked for beginners guides in the gunpla thread, for whoever makes the op:

Mobile Succ Units
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-HGBF-Hi-Mock-Model/dp/B00P5R148U - Hi-Mock, easiest 'normal' HG build, currently 12bux

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U7A8CVC - simplest and cheapest available kit that's still good. 6bux for a tiny posable bear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014SCWB0W/
- modern cheap kit, less paint-customizable than Mock, significantly more complicated, 11.75 bux

Shitpainting Boot Camp
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A - super short and to-the-point vids for beginners, excluding airbrush vids it's 26 videos around roughly 25mins.

https://youtu.be/Ikk7ybBiP1I - official corny bandai vid on stuff you can do to make your kit look better after building it

https://www.gunpla101.com/category/tutorials/ - shitload of various tutorials, good resource if you need to figure out how to do Thing

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunpla/wiki/index - Predditor wiki on gunpla, has a quick-start guide

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195&pagenumber=474&perpage=40#post475589914 gooner quick-start guide

http://otakurevolution.com/content/laymans-gunpla-guide-hand-painting-tutorial - hand-painting toot by one of the best gunpla model builders around, not as intimidating as it sounds

Godspeed commie nerds

Neurolimal has issued a correction as of 17:13 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Taintrunner said he was making the thread, so we're all waiting patiently for him

• Locked thread