Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

I want a build that can kill any shaper guardian with any combination of 8 map mods without too much fuss, what build should I play

you might be able to just sleep through the whole game, head on he keyboard, with berserker vaal pact dark pact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Flavahbeast posted:

I want a build that can kill any shaper guardian with any combination of 8 map mods without too much fuss, what build should I play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv8pEDrk4v8&t=42s

Only requires about a 1000c in jewels :v:

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Ciaphas posted:

My RT Sunder Slayer (named CiaphasSpinAndWin because I thought I'd be Cycloning :v:) is trucking along really well. He can completely murder anything T12 and below, T13 and T14 with some care, and T15 and T16 with lots of map mod curation.

I generally know what needs to be upgraded--more life, higher pDPS weapon, qual up my flasks and gems, get hold of six links--but I'm not sure what's going to get me the most bang for my buck first. I've only got about probably 75c left to work with right now. I'd like to make an attempt on Shaper sometime tomorrow--er, today agh gently caress where does the time go. Any suggestions?

Getting the Bloodless notable with my next level but from there I'm not sure if I should invest in more life and armour via Marauder start, grab that jewel slot below Duelist start, grab those axe nodes in Duelist, or what. I'm leaning toward life right now but we'll see after item upgrades--sitting at 4.7k right now.

Thanks for posting this. It helped me make up my mind about a few things, and refine what I was going for.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

NecroMonster posted:

feels like this max block scorching ray witch is stalling out around the start of red maps

What's your gear? I can't confirm or deny your experience because god hates me and maps above tier 7 just don't drop. Which is kinda annoying cos i'm level 85 and now I'm getting fuckall experience from the highest content I can run OH WELL. This game is old-school in all the good and bad ways that involves.
but thanks to everyone's help I did join global 820 and got my last trial done in about 5 minutes, so that was very helpful.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

awesmoe posted:

What's your gear?

does this work?

gear isn't perfect, but I'm kind of feeling like upgrading anything would cost a ton.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

awesmoe posted:

What's your gear? I can't confirm or deny your experience because god hates me and maps above tier 7 just don't drop. Which is kinda annoying cos i'm level 85 and now I'm getting fuckall experience from the highest content I can run OH WELL. This game is old-school in all the good and bad ways that involves.
but thanks to everyone's help I did join global 820 and got my last trial done in about 5 minutes, so that was very helpful.

Are you filling out your atlas for all the odds and ends and unique maps below t9?

You should be able to self-sustain shaped maps of T10 and above.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Horizon and Harbinger Orbs have been really great for me to fill out my atlas without begging in gchat for maps or dealing with poe.trade

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

NecroMonster posted:

does this work?

gear isn't perfect, but I'm kind of feeling like upgrading anything would cost a ton.

It does work! I'm running this - only real differences are the unique shield and the hat with, and those were less than 10c together I think? I like the hat letting me completely ignore chilled and frozen, as well as the +30% fire. BUT you've played a shitload more than me and are probably much better than me so what the fuuuuuuuuuuck would I know!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Are you filling out your atlas for all the odds and ends and unique maps below t9?

You should be able to self-sustain shaped maps of T10 and above.
Yeah I'm trying to. I run the highest tier maps that I find (since by definition these should lead to other unlocks) and then if I'm out I run others based on how many locked nodes they lead to. I've just been unlucky and it's not the end of the world, just frustrating that I can clear t7 trivially but not do t8. Maybe I should just buy some higher tiers off maplady.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Mostly I just can't brainlessly mash whatever map mods I want into the map device anymore and that makes actually completing red maps a loving pain.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

trans and alt your white maps for good mods (anything that gives you more poo poo to kill, like more magic, more rare, or anything that gives pack size)
alch your yellow maps, and if the map is the highest tier you got, use some catographers on it first. stuff that gives you more crap to kill is good, but don't bother rerolling unless you are flush with chaos or the map mod(s) are really loving bad for you
cart + alch + vaal your red maps and pray the mods don't gently caress you

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

trans and alt your white maps for good mods (anything that gives you more poo poo to kill, like more magic, more rare, or anything that gives pack size)
alch your yellow maps, and if the map is the highest tier you got, use some catographers on it first. stuff that gives you more crap to kill is good, but don't bother rerolling unless you are flush with chaos or the map mod(s) are really loving bad for you
cart + alch + vaal your red maps and pray the mods don't gently caress you

also, like vas said, horizon and harbinger orbs loving own they are great

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
If for some reason you want to farm vaal side-areas:

Go to Deodre's Cesspool in act 8 and run left a short way to Grand Promenade ladder. Keep resetting climbing down the ladder and if there is a path to the south, visible by running down a little, there is a vaal entrance there. Takes about a minute to open one for me.

Not sure why you would want to do this. It is at the level where it drops mostly gems I think.

Edit: The waypoint is called "Toxic Conduits"

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 21, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The demons-randomly-appearing in maps is evil, whoever decided a fleet of demons suddenly appearing and deleting you before you can react... :argh:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

The demons-randomly-appearing in maps is evil, whoever decided a fleet of demons suddenly appearing and deleting you before you can react... :argh:

Beyond isn't random. The demons are summoned by killing mobs in the same spot; how it works is each mob has a chance to drop a red orb and if three red orbs are close to eachother there's a good chance that a few minor demons will spawn. Killing the demons will leave this ugly-looking maw on the ground and if you've got some of those near eachother a major demon will spawn and try to wreck your face.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

really they are just bringing you more xp and maps to enjoy

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Dely Apple posted:

If you're talking about the ones with the circular area expanding then those are breaches start popping in when you run on top of the floating hands things.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I didn't correlate the red orbs among the fields of gore, really. I kind of melt people so fast that I'm bound to instantly group those up and summon the multi-shot archers and eye-spitters, if I'm not careful.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

beyond and it's big brother breaches are good

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

NecroMonster posted:

beyond and it's big brother breaches are good

Even better together

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I remember someone discussing a mine build and mentioned a way to bind the mine ability to drop in place rather than running to the cursor and dropping. Anyone remember/know how to do that?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

really they are just bringing you more xp and maps to enjoy

I'm pretty sure beyond monsters aren't able to drop maps

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I remember someone discussing a mine build and mentioned a way to bind the mine ability to drop in place rather than running to the cursor and dropping. Anyone remember/know how to do that?

The Numlock trick. Bind Attack in Place (usually Shift) to something on the number pad, turn Numlock on, then turn it back off while holding said AiP key down. Game now thinks AiP is always being held down.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Hooplah posted:

I'm pretty sure beyond monsters aren't able to drop maps

well if they aren't i've never noticed either way still gunna group that poo poo up and mow that poo poo down

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

The Numlock trick. Bind Attack in Place (usually Shift) to something on the number pad, turn Numlock on, then turn it back off while holding said AiP key down. Game now thinks AiP is always being held down.

Much obliged!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I played this build in Legacy and it struggles a little with Minotaur and there are some t15 bosses it can't kill :colbert: They're only immune to elemental damage and really heavy bleeds or crazy high physical damage will still kill them.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Rarity: Rare
Torment Touch
Wyrmscale Gauntlets
--------
Armour: 88
Evasion Rating: 88
--------
Requirements:
Level: 65
Str: 138
Dex: 38
Int: 45
--------
Sockets: R-R-R-R
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
+50 to Dexterity
+25 to maximum Life
+44% to Fire Resistance
+41% to Lightning Resistance

These worth anything? I have no idea anymore. On Harbinger.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is the tier on the life roll.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Unless the wiki is lying to me, Sanguine (20-29) = T7. Max is 80-89.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

For my next character, whenever I do one, I want to dual wield, do a lot of crits, and use Herald of Ice (and therefore shatters a hell of a lot). Does that steer anyone toward any particular skills, builds, or ascendancies? Or are those wishes incompatible?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 21, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That sounds like Frost Blades Raider, which I'm pretty sure a couple people here have done this league.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Cool. There's a few build guides in the raider PoE forums, I'll give them a peruse and pick the most professional looking one :v: Thanks!

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I hope golems is still playable, because I spent this weekend acquiring an anima stone, primordial might, skin of the loyal with appropriate colors, and an empower level 4. Been hard at work dark pacting away at maps in order to get the cash. Leveling six 20% flame golem gems in my weapon swap, hoping to get a 21.

Helped that I've had ten exalted orbs drop so far. Bisco's collar seems pretty good.

Not sure whether I will go necro or elementalist yet though, and whether I should try hybrid or CI.

It is also possible I am making a very expensive mistake.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 21, 2017

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Can someone link me their Dark Pact Berzerker in PoB? I tried making one on my own and it came out super loving wonky.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Here is mine, though I make no claim that it is the best setup. I've been clearing T15 maps well enough, anyway. Easy enough to import into PoB from the account name.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FilthyMonkey/characters?characterName=MonkeyPact

I do think that a carcass jack setup with good rare wand a shield might be better in the end though. Pledge works, but the guy in the forum thread championing pledge seems like a bit of a nutball.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Can someone link me their Dark Pact Berzerker in PoB? I tried making one on my own and it came out super loving wonky.

https://pastebin.com/V7z3yKig Blight with jewels is a huge amount of increased damage taken that doesn't require hoping a wither totem survives long enough to do anything. Abyssal Cry is mostly a gimmick but it kills dudes and triggers onslaught. Lightning Warp is actually a pretty solid replacement for walking in this setup. With flasks, vaal grace, and the ridiculous berserker leech I'm pretty tanky. My old setup with wither totem and life + damage jewels is there for comparison.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hey so what do I do with all these low level uniques I keep finding? Do I try to sell them or are they useful for other things (other than leveling alts)?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Hey so what do I do with all these low level uniques I keep finding? Do I try to sell them or are they useful for other things (other than leveling alts)?
Dump them in gstash, save them for the 5 for 1 prophecy, vendor them.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

If ilvl is high enough (>70), leave them for the 5:1 prophecy. Otherwise vendor (or have them take up stash tabs because you have a gazillion stash tabs because you can't keep giving GGG money... Which is TOTALLY not what I do :ninja:)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Filthy Monkey posted:

Here is mine, though I make no claim that it is the best setup. I've been clearing T15 maps well enough, anyway. Easy enough to import into PoB from the account name.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FilthyMonkey/characters?characterName=MonkeyPact

I do think that a carcass jack setup with good rare wand a shield might be better in the end though. Pledge works, but the guy in the forum thread championing pledge seems like a bit of a nutball.

You can't shield charge with a wand, you'd use a scepter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Install the trade macro, which will quickly tell you (1) what people are listing the item for and (2) how good a version you have.

Even low level uniques can be valuable if they have good rolls. Otherwise, I have two stash tabs, one where everything is worth an alch and one where everything is worth a chance. lovely uniques get dumped in to the alch tab, then once a week I move everything to the chance tab. If the chance tab is full I vendor from there.

There are some I would keep a copy of like lifesprig and boots and a tabula because they make leveling so much better.