Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The epic BLAM when Freddie punches the jerkoffs beating up James is incredible

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I think he's gonna fight Sarah Palmer to save Naido from whatever's inside Sarah.

If Freddie's storyline ends with him delivering a mighty sock to Sarah Palmer's mask face I think I am going to lose my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Almost every line out of Charlie makes me laugh, even if I thought the scenes themselves were pointless I think I would get enjoyment out of his delivery, with the constant bizarre faces and hand gestures. Audrey is playing the straight man/being the more dramatic role since she has to vaguely sense she's trapped in a weird nightmare, but her lines make me laugh pretty often too.

I definitely have had dreams like the Audrey scenes consisting of weird circular conversations so that adds a lot to the scenes for me, I could see other people not having that frame of reference not enjoying them as much.

It's possible that you, with a different opinion to me, are equally intelligent to me, or more intelligent than I am. Cheers

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love that Freddie's rock-em-sock-em punch is so powerful that it makes the music hitch and skip temporarily.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
There was a lot of great stuff in that episode, but in a way I feel like it sorta fell flat for me. I'm not sure why. Maybe the Log Lady scenes just made me too sad. I also had trouble understanding the dialogue in the Hutch/Chantal scene, anyone else have that problem? It was like the audio was bad.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

CJacobs posted:

I love that Freddie's rock-em-sock-em punch is so powerful that it makes the music hitch and skip temporarily.

Lodge weirdness at work

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

This is my favorite show on TV. That is all.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cromulent posted:

There was a lot of great stuff in that episode, but in a way I feel like it sorta fell flat for me. I'm not sure why. Maybe the Log Lady scenes just made me too sad. I also had trouble understanding the dialogue in the Hutch/Chantal scene, anyone else have that problem? It was like the audio was bad.

I barely caught a word myself!

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Kawalimus posted:

I barely caught a word myself!

My wife and I could barely understand the Steve/Alicia Witt scene in the woods, but it was okay because it just came across like a druggie mumbling to himself senselessly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Are the Audrey scenes playing backwards? Didn't she have her coat on in the first one?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I laughed hard at Sheriff Truman just looking at pictures of fish on his laptop when everyone else walks in.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Eyud posted:

I laughed hard at Sheriff Truman just looking at pictures of fish on his laptop when everyone else walks in.

I liked when he reacted to the log lady's death by continuing to stare at fish.jpg, just more sadly

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I liked when he reacted to the log lady's death by continuing to stare at fish.jpg, just more sadly

He removed his hat in respect first though! A man can't just look at jpegs of fish in such a sad environment without acknowledging the sorrow first.

edit:

Someone on reddit spotted Sarah Palmer's face during the craziness of the Jumping Man's cameo appearance.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 21, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My favorite thing about this loving show is how I straight-up have no loving clue what's going down in the next episode. I can't even try to predict or theorize where it will go week to week.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Not trying to start a poo poo show here, but what don't people like about Audrey's scenes? The atmosphere of dreamlikeness is totally on point and both performances are hilarious
The majority of my dreams are anxiety dreams where I'm stuck in a location trying to find an exit and never finding it or being prevented from leaving (I actually had one where I couldn't leave the house because I couldn't find my jacket once!). Audrey's scenes legit make my stomach churn because they're the exact same thing.

EDIT: The guys in Vegas getting shot by Chantal is hands down the "worst" CGI in the show. I don't necessarily mean that as an insult, but I did play it back a couple times for shits and giggles

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 21, 2017

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Cromulent posted:

I always have subtitles on :v:

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The effect used on Duncan Todd's gunshot wound was more or less the same as the same as the Phyllis Hastings one from a much earlier episode.
I had an inkling at the time that the effect was 'intentionally' strange looking, but now I'm sure it's just a lame effect.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Some music, with voices, plays when the Convenience Store is disappearing. It's slowed down and distorted but I cleaned it up because I was curious and I couldn't make anything out. drat. Maybe some other enterprising audio editor could scrub through it.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

FauxLeather posted:

The effect used on Duncan Todd's gunshot wound was more or less the same as the same as the Phyllis Hastings one from a much earlier episode.
I had an inkling at the time that the effect was 'intentionally' strange looking, but now I'm sure it's just a lame effect.

I'm pretty sure she just shoots the side of Todd's head off, actually. But you still might be right about it being a lame effects.

The weird thing about when Phyllis Hastings was shot is that the walls around where she was standing wobbled.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

My episode synopsis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7EAspaqH00

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

that episode was so fuckin good

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

FauxLeather posted:

There's no way it's not on purpose. Every time someone gets shot everything distorts. Now whether there is a reason for it other than a Lynchian whimsey is another question.

mary had a little clam posted:

My wife and I could barely understand the Steve/Alicia Witt scene in the woods, but it was okay because it just came across like a druggie mumbling to himself senselessly.

I had subs on. It's mainly delirious ramblings about going somewhere and she won't be there, or will she? And will he be with the rhinoceroses? And that he's gone. It's exactly what you thought it was, drugged up nonsense.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 21, 2017

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Holy poo poo that was a good episode. So much to unpack.

The Margaret/Hawk call and subsequent meeting at the police station was the most heartbreaking thing in the series. What a way to pay tribute to the passing of an old friend.

When Norma was talking to Walter and Ed was sitting at the counter with his eyes closed I was really worried that it was all just Ed's wishing that was what happened. I hope that doesn't end up being the case cause even if it's years too late, I want Ed and Norma to at least get some good times together. (Edit: I'm also going to guess that Nadine wasn't being at all altruistic like she claims. She just wants Ed out so she can get with Dr. Amp.)

I think that Frankie being put in the cells at the sheriff's station is part of his destiny. He's placed there to protect Naido when whoever wants her dead comes for her. Chad is going to gently caress it up somehow.

Dougie will be "dead" from the shock when Hutch and Chantal come to kill him, and they'll just leave and that will be what saves him from their attempt.

The Audrey scenes now are giving me a "Waiting for Godot"/"No Exit" vibe. They keep getting to a point where something might happen or progress, and then Audrey sabotages it and they're back to the start.

I was thinking that the girl in the roadhouse in the end might be the missing "Linda" since she couldn't seem to walk, but credits list her as Ruby.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Llab posted:

At the end of the credits, they put "In memory of Margaret Lanterman."

Have they usually done those with the character name, not the actor's name?

They did one with the actress' real name earlier.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

fuckin lmao

its like they used a bad practical dummy (when watching it initially I thought it was like the opening of Dawn of the Dead) mixed with bad CGI blood and gore.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 21, 2017

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly glad I'm 6 episodes deep and I get to watch an idiot roam around. Does this crap end any time soon?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
it's obv they used a dummy, but it's still cgi. that's... odd.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Lol, if you don't love that effect

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

FalloutGod posted:

Realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly glad I'm 6 episodes deep and I get to watch an idiot roam around. Does this crap end any time soon?

Dougie is the greatest character in TV history, fix your heart or die.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Basticle posted:

fuckin lmao

its like they used a bad practical dummy (when watching it initially I thought it was like the opening of Dawn of the Dead) mixed with bad CGI blood and gore.

It's clearly a tribute to Videodrome.

Origami Dali posted:

i hope the electric shock makes dougie twice as slow

Epsiode 16 opens with Cooper sitting back in the chair across from The Fireman.
Fireman: [oddly reverberating] You....dumbass.

Section 9 fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 21, 2017

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Basticle posted:

fuckin lmao
holy poo poo lol

I'm baffled by all the gunshot scenes

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

FalloutGod posted:

no bitch

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

turns him into the bleeding guy in the jail cell

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FalloutGod posted:

We'll let you know when it does. Maybe next week....

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Watch Dougie is just loving dead. Full stop. That's the end of that storyline.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope Dougie is okay. :ohdear:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It's really weird why they credited her as her Steven Universe character, lol.
Great episode, though.

I want this show to never end. It's the most amazing and mysterious Sunday night experience ever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Basticle posted:

fuckin lmao

Obviously it's a reference to the bug that gives nathan drake a 2 dimensional face in uncharted 2

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
in the ultimate twist, dougie is dead but it doesn't matter because bad cooper was actually the real cooper the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I've learned to love the Dougie, but it took me till like episode 12. It's sad we couldn't get as much Cooper as Dougie