Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
NV coach must have mixed his notes up, last game is when you were supposed to pick Kog'Maw, not Game 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I'm so excited to listen to Scarra and MarkZ try to break down this series later

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Monicro posted:

I'm so excited to listen to Scarra and MarkZ try to break down this series later

I sincerely cannot wait for MarkZ to just rake everyone over the coals, and also forget his notes for like the fifteenth time.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

there's the seraph we all know and love

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Seraph's been hot garbage all series long and it's honestly a miracle that NV have carried him to game 5.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I'm happy I was here for the worst day of pro league ever

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

did seraph just teleport to a minion like two feet from him?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

did seraph just teleport to a minion like two feet from him?

Teleported to a Zac blob to keep it alive.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nisqy is doing enough damage to make up for Seraph and Apollo doing borderline nothing

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Not Even Close, Baby.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sorry Envy, even when Nisqy is playing like a god you just couldn't carry Seraph.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i feel like this entire day hasn't actually happened

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Work Friend Keven posted:

Not Even Close, Baby.

Clean 1-3-1 Gives CLG Expected Win Over NV

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

MAH boy Nisqy played pretty well.

So whats the gauntlet yall? Flyquest? Flyquest over Envy is retarded unfortunately. Summer pts should count more.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Wow I almost forgot about Sneaky's W incredible

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

EGSunBro posted:

Wow I almost forgot about Sneaky's W incredible

the GODLIKE W -> autoattack insanely low percentage play

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so wjat are the odds of dig winning against tsm next week

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
People are hopeful Dig will win and they are looking good, so TSM is going to obliterate them.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

so wjat are the odds of dig winning against tsm next week

The metrics aren't great, I'd say. At the least, TSM's raw talent beats out DIG's (with the possible exception of Shrimp), and TSM's macro has been consistently good. There's a possibility, but Bjerg needs to just randomly eat poo poo to Keane for them to have a reasonable chance.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vermain posted:

The metrics aren't great, I'd say. At the least, TSM's raw talent beats out DIG's (with the possible exception of Shrimp), and TSM's macro has been consistently good. There's a possibility, but Bjerg needs to just randomly eat poo poo to Keane for them to have a reasonable chance.

good

EGSunBro posted:

People are hopeful Dig will win and they are looking good, so TSM is going to obliterate them.

good

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Tsms barons arent great and digs barons are good so if dig is going to win it will probably be off of a stupid tsm baron

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

EGSunBro posted:

Dig have done well in the past with Ssumday exploiting Hauntzer who has been mediocre to poor this split. But top meta is pretty safe right if you just pick a tank and stay even.

Hopefully Dig doesn't only rely on their botlane which they did vs C9. DL/Bio started to regain their synergy toward the end of the split and looked pretty good. Say whatever you want about DL but he doesn't lose lane. Sneaky/Smoothie lost pretty consistently to Altec/Adrian.

I hope Dig try snowballing Ssumday if their botlane gets banned out.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

Tsms barons arent great and digs barons are good so if dig is going to win it will probably be off of a stupid tsm baron

Having not paid attention to LoL for a few years (only watching worlds mainly) this is such a weird statement to the Dig I remember.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

Having not paid attention to LoL for a few years (only watching worlds mainly) this is such a weird statement to the Dig I remember.

This was true as of even early last split. But since they got Shrimp/Cop/Saint their baron control has been the best in NA.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

is nisqy the new sneaky, my article

has sneaky become even more underrated somehow, my next article

i ran out of drugs half way through eu, my third article

nisqy and sneaky on the same team, best team at worlds? my article

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Monicro posted:

Vermain posted:

I sincerely cannot wait for MarkZ to just rake everyone over the coals, and also forget his notes for like the fifteenth time.

enjoying both of these posts rn

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Ulio posted:

MAH boy Nisqy played pretty well.

So whats the gauntlet yall? Flyquest? Flyquest over Envy is retarded unfortunately. Summer pts should count more.

Summer points do count more, but Flyquest made semis.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
"Aphro is poo poo" - Markz

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

NA LCS Gauntlet stuff:

Teams with locked in amounts of points:
C9 90
Flyquest 30
NV 20

Teams still alive in playoffs (one of these gets the auto-qualify from winning):
TSM 90 + (40/70/90)
Dig 10 + (40/70/90)
CLG 10 + (40/70/90)
IMT 0 + (40/70/90)

I think, hilariously, there's only two main scenarios here:

If TSM makes finals:
CLG/IMT winner gets spot #1 by winning or #2 from points, TSM gets the other
Gauntlet is:
1st seed: C9
2nd seed: 3rd place winner
3rd seed: 3rd place loser
4th seed: Flyquest

If dignitas makes finals:
TSM gets spot #2 off points
Gauntlet is:
1st seed: 2nd place
2nd seed: C9
3rd seed: 3rd place winner
4th seed: 3rd place loser

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Wait, poo poo. There might be one thing -- if IMT loses to TSM in the finals, then IMT and C9 are tied. I think it's weighted to where summer points break ties, but if not, they'll have to do a tiebreaker.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I like the scenario that puts flyquest in the gauntlet

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

curiousCat posted:

Wait, poo poo. There might be one thing -- if IMT loses to TSM in the finals, then IMT and C9 are tied. I think it's weighted to where summer points break ties, but if not, they'll have to do a tiebreaker.

Tiebreakers are broken by who finished higher in summer, so C9 can not qualify off of points and must go through the gauntlet.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 21, 2017

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

And if anyone was wondering/cared about EULCS, the same 6 teams made playoffs both times, so the gauntlet won't have any surprises.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's kind of funny to me that KT's first shot at going to world's all depends on whether or not SKT win a set. I can't imagine how tilted the organization would be if Longzhu won the Summer Split then KT lost to Samsung again in the Gauntlet.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

maybe they should have invested in a good mid laner

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Sadly gonna take another year or so for OWL to bomb and Montecristo to get a job at Breitbart

Hahaha this owns

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Ah worlds patch is coming soon, let's see what's coming down the pipe. Surely it's not zed buffs for the 4th year in a row. I'm going to check but there's no way it's zed buffs.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ah worlds patch is coming soon, let's see what's coming down the pipe. Surely it's not zed buffs for the 4th year in a row. I'm going to check but there's no way it's zed buffs.
And Draven nerfs (?????), and Ezreal buffs. Also Syndra, Ez, MF, Soraka, and Ahri got new skins. God bless worlds.

e: Oh and great news, they somehow found the time to address long-standing issues with a character who has not seen any dev work in years

quote:

Ryze Tweaks
We’ll be taking a look at some Ryze stuff soon, with the goal of reducing his difference in power between regular play and organized teams (if he’s balanced to be appropriately strong for regular matchmade games he’s nuts in pro play especially). Approach there’s likely to be similar to the Shen work we did earlier in the year, so moving power around to change strengths and weaknesses rather than changing ability functionality much.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
At this point they should make a Frankenstein skin for Ryze, given how many times he's been reworked and rebuilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I like the scenario that puts flyquest in the gauntlet

I too believe in hai's shotcalling.