Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I haven't played FF in a few years, can someone give me some draft strategy tips for these settings?

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Those points per completion and only -1 per interception make it seem like a top tier QB could be worthwhile. Drew Brees might be a first rounder with those settings. When figuring out QB, target volume passers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Now I got the fever! Anyone doing an auction draft next weekend, who is looking for a player?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Now I got the fever! Anyone doing an auction draft next weekend, who is looking for a player?

That fever is fatal. You'll never want to snake again.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Here's my draft: .5ppr, 1 qb, 1rb, 1 wr, 1 te, 3 wr/te/rb flex, 1 k, 1 dst. 10 Team league. I'm the 6th team (McCoy 1st round)

How'd I do?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Auction is a ton of fun! Although I will admit it takes some of the suspense out of it all. Most of the suspense comes from your $1-$3 purchases lol

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Papes posted:

He was a wr2 last year in a historically terrible passing offense.

Uhhh yah I don't understand the Britt hate when he had over 1k yards on the loving Rams last year lol. Dude probably accounted for the majority of their offensive yardage.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Some years I dont snake at all. Usually in ~4 auction leagues. Its a life changing experience

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

MrSargent posted:

Uhhh yah I don't understand the Britt hate when he had over 1k yards on the loving Rams last year lol. Dude probably accounted for the majority of their offensive yardage.

Not to mention that he was on the verge of emerging as an elite wr before he really tore up his knee and never looked the same until last year. At only age 28(I think) he still has wr1 potential in his range of outcomes.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Drunk Nerds posted:

Some years I dont snake at all. Usually in ~4 auction leagues. Its a life changing experience

Same. The only snake draft I have left is the rookie + leftovers draft in my dynasty league. I love having access to every player.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Snake draft is like playing crazy 8s, auction is like playing poker. Just so much more subtle strategy and knowing how to read the room. Adds a whole extra element to it. After doing one auction, I never had the desire to do a snake draft again

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Silly Burrito posted:

100% truth. There is no going back.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Honestly, snake drafts are the only way I have left to challenge myself. If people give me a chance at every player, how can they possibly win? :smug:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

MrSargent posted:

I can understand the arguments against Britt. There are more playmakers on this Browns team than he had to contend with on the Rams; he's playing opposite a 1st round pick and the Browns are much better at running the ball. His numbers could easily dip and I feel like there's not a big gulf between where he is now and him becoming a fungible WR3/4 type. Like he settles in as a solid contributor at real football for the Browns but he's more of a replacement-level player in fantasy. He's going so late though it's hard to poo poo on him and he's still a solid player.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
12 Man 6PaTD 1 PPR league where I had 2nd Pick.

My browser crashed on 3rd round so I got L. Fournette auto picked but guess it could have been worse.

1) L. Bell
2) A. Cooper
3) L. Fournette (auto-picked)
4) D. Adams
5) M. Gillislee
6) S. Diggs
7) S. Watkins
8) A. Luck
9) C. Meredith
10) Z. Ertz
11) CJ Prosise (auto-picked)
12) Cardinals
13) J. Brown
14) C. Conley
15) T. Taylor
16) Succop

thoughts or suggestions on moves?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Tiptoes posted:

I can understand the arguments against Britt. There are more playmakers on this Browns team than he had to contend with on the Rams; he's playing opposite a 1st round pick and the Browns are much better at running the ball. His numbers could easily dip and I feel like there's not a big gulf between where he is now and him becoming a fungible WR3/4 type. Like he settles in as a solid contributor at real football for the Browns but he's more of a replacement-level player in fantasy. He's going so late though it's hard to poo poo on him and he's still a solid player.

That's just the point though, you can't poo poo on him at his ADP, which is somewhere at round 10+.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tiptoes posted:

I might be a Rutgers homer but there was a reason I was super hyped on Britt and not Nicks coming out of college. He's hitting the prime of his life right now as a 6'3 WR who can run full speed into a jump ball situation better than most guys his size.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Wow, Luck at the 96th pick in a 6pt TD league. :captainpop:

e: Not saying that's wrong or crazy, but holy poo poo how far he's fallen.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 20, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How did I do? Felt like it was crazy Shady and Gordon slipped to me! The beer set in with the Brady pick, but they added an extra 5 pts for 500 yard passing games and it made me reach. Had only I known I could have had Mariota that late.

0.3 PPR
0.1 rushing attempt
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/K/DEF

#8 pick Stephan

89 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 20, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Must've been really buzzed or something because 5 pts for 500 yards passing bonus is p much moot.

But overall it's a p strong team, especially if Luck is good to go.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

Must've been really buzzed or something because 5 pts for 500 yards passing bonus is p much moot.

But overall it's a p strong team, especially if Luck is good to go.

Sorry, extra 3 points at 350 yards, extra 5 points at 400 yards, extra 8 point at 500 yards passing

I would have went Lynch instead of Brady, but I justified that Lynch and Ingram are the same

It also threw me off cause this league is usually REALLY aggresive with QB even in the 1st round

89 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 20, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:siren: Rate My Draft :siren:

10 team, 0.5 ppr, standard scoring
1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLEX/1TE/K/Defense/Defensive Player/Dback

I kept Antonio Brown in the 3rd, and Jordy Nelson in the 15th.

QB- Aaron Rodgers
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Jordy Nelson
WR- TY Hilton
RB- Spencer Ware
RB- Joe Mixon
TE- Greg Olsen
FLEX- Willie Snead
B-Tevin Coleman
B-CJ Anderson
B- Brandon Marshall
B- Mike Gillislee
B- Duke Johnson
B- Gio Bernard
B- Thomas Rawls
B- Robby Anderson
B- Rex Burkhead
Defensive Player- Luke Kuechly

All the good running backs were kept, so I went zero RB. I have to drop 3 guys for a Kicker, Defense, and Dback, but I think my WR/QB/TE is strong enough to carry my weak RB corps. I'm gonna try to work a trade for Hunt so I own him and Ware.

Thoughts?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

:siren: Rate My Draft :siren:

10 team, 0.5 ppr, standard scoring
1QB/2RB/3WR/1FLEX/1TE/K/Defense/Defensive Player/Dback

I kept Antonio Brown in the 3rd, and Jordy Nelson in the 15th.

QB- Aaron Rodgers
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Jordy Nelson
WR- TY Hilton
RB- Spencer Ware
RB- Joe Mixon
TE- Greg Olsen
FLEX- Willie Snead
B-Tevin Coleman
B-CJ Anderson
B- Brandon Marshall
B- Mike Gillislee
B- Duke Johnson
B- Gio Bernard
B- Thomas Rawls
B- Robby Anderson
B- Rex Burkhead
Defensive Player- Luke Kuechly

All the good running backs were kept, so I went zero RB. I have to drop 3 guys for a Kicker, Defense, and Dback, but I think my WR/QB/TE is strong enough to carry my weak RB corps. I'm gonna try to work a trade for Hunt so I own him and Ware.

Thoughts?

Loving your WRs, but RB needs a lot of work and praying. In a PPR league, its better because Duke, Gio, and Burkhead have value. Maybe Fat Eddie will suck and Rawls takes back over.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Is there a consensus number 1 overall for non-PPR? I'm leaning David Johnson, but could be talked into Bell

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Did my work auction league today. 14 team, 1 PPR. $250 cap

QB - Wentz ($6)
RB - David Johnson ($70)
RB - Ty Montgomery ($30)
WR - Dez ($35)
WR - Emmanuel Sanders ($22)
TE - Kelce ($30)
Flex - Ingram ($20)
K - Santos ($1)
D/ST - Bills ($1)
Bench - Martavis Bryant ($10)
Bench - Diggs ($5)
Bench - Blount ($5)
Bench - Crowder ($7)
Bench - DeVante Parker ($6)
Bench - Jamaal Williams ($1)
Bench - Hunter Henry ($1)

This poo poo got crazy! Kickers and defenses were going for more than a dollar. Someone bid $13 for Matt Bryant.

What do you guys think?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
:lol: Just saw an alert that Anquan Boldin bailed on the Bills and is retiring. :lol:

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

Mikey Purp posted:

:lol: Just saw an alert that Anquan Boldin bailed on the Bills and is retiring. :lol:

Is that a bump up for Zay then?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Saddamnit posted:

Couldn't help but be.

It's also time to stop drafting Tyrod in 1QB leagues. In fact, it was probably time for that after the Watkins trade.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Saddamnit posted:

More of a bump for Jordan Matthews, I would imagine. Him and Boldin are both big slot guys.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think it's safe to say the Bills are hosed.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think it's safe to say the Bills are hosed.

This was obvious when they traded themselves into tank mode

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
Buffalo is the closest city with an NFL team so I kind of feel obligated to root for the Bills, but it's just so hard. Every year I change the super bowl # in my fantasy team name 'BUFFALO BILLS SB 52 CHAMPS' in the hopes that this will be the year but the joke isn't really funny anymore. My lone solace is that at least I'm not a Jets fan.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RTM posted:

Buffalo is the closest city with an NFL team so I kind of feel obligated to root for the Bills, but it's just so hard. Every year I change the super bowl # in my fantasy team name 'BUFFALO BILLS SB 52 CHAMPS' in the hopes that this will be the year but the joke isn't really funny anymore. My lone solace is that at least I'm not a Jets fan.

As a Redskins fan, I too agree that my lone solace is that I'm not a Jets fan.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i think i just did an auction draft with coma patients. (10 teams, $200 budget)

QB: Russel Wilson ($8)
WR: Allen Robinson ($17)
WR: Michael Crabtree ($16)
WR: Martavis Bryant ($10)
RB: David Johnson ($75)
RB: Demarco Murray ($41)
TE: Tyler Eifert ($11)
DEF: Minnesota ($1)
K: Mason Crosby ($1)

QB: Phillip Rivers ($1)
WR: Emmanuel Sanders ($5)
WR: Pierre Garcon ($3)
RB: Bilal Powell ($5)
RB: Mark Ingram ($5)
TE: Zach Ertz ($1)

I started out thinking I wouldn't' get any good receivers and then Robinson and Crabtree fell into my lap back to back and then man how the gently caress did I get Ertz for a dollar?

edit: three guys ended the draft with $12, $20, and $27 dollars each, and another guy dropped to only being able to bid $1 after just 5 roster slots. despite all of those facts, someone spent $6 on Justin Tucker.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 21, 2017

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Did a draft today, picked 9th out of 10, standard league.

Matt Ryan (5)

Freeman (1)
Montgomery (4)
Coleman (8)
McFadden (10)
Samaje Perine (14)

A.J. Green (2)
Michael Thomas (3)
Cooks (6)
D. Jax (9)
Decker (11)

Delanie Walker (7)
O.J. Howard (15)

NE D/ST (12) and Wil Lutz (13)

I don't think I did too bad, probably invested too much in Atlanta's offense though.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 21, 2017

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

DC Murderverse posted:

i think i just did an auction draft with coma patients. (10 teams, $200 budget)

QB: Russel Wilson ($8)
WR: Allen Robinson ($17)
WR: Michael Crabtree ($16)
WR: Martavis Bryant ($10)
RB: David Johnson ($75)
RB: Demarco Murray ($41)
TE: Tyler Eifert ($11)
DEF: Minnesota ($1)
K: Mason Crosby ($1)

QB: Phillip Rivers ($1)
WR: Emmanuel Sanders ($5)
WR: Pierre Garcon ($3)
RB: Bilal Powell ($5)
RB: Mark Ingram ($5)
TE: Zach Ertz ($1)

I started out thinking I wouldn't' get any good receivers and then Robinson and Crabtree fell into my lap back to back and then man how the gently caress did I get Ertz for a dollar?

edit: three guys ended the draft with $12, $20, and $27 dollars each, and another guy dropped to only being able to bid $1 after just 5 roster slots. despite all of those facts, someone spent $6 on Justin Tucker.

You need to get Henry asap.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Is there a consensus number 1 overall for non-PPR? I'm leaning David Johnson, but could be talked into Bell

Yes. Bell has been sitting out for training camp, and history has shown that has a negative impact on their performance

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Did my work auction league today. 14 team, 1 PPR. $250 cap

QB - Wentz ($6)
RB - David Johnson ($70)
RB - Ty Montgomery ($30)
WR - Dez ($35)
WR - Emmanuel Sanders ($22)
TE - Kelce ($30)
Flex - Ingram ($20)
K - Santos ($1)
D/ST - Bills ($1)
Bench - Martavis Bryant ($10)
Bench - Diggs ($5)
Bench - Blount ($5)
Bench - Crowder ($7)
Bench - DeVante Parker ($6)
Bench - Jamaal Williams ($1)
Bench - Hunter Henry ($1)

This poo poo got crazy! Kickers and defenses were going for more than a dollar. Someone bid $13 for Matt Bryant.

What do you guys think?

That's nuts. I did a 14 team auction $225 and DJ went for $95. Dez for $58.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Given this team in a half PPR format:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Todd Gurley, Theo Riddick, Thomas Rawls, James White, DeAndre Washington, CJ Prosise
WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Emmanuel Sanders, John Brown
TE: Travis Kelce

Would you burn the #4 preseason waiver pick to drop your DST for Rex Burkhead? What about any of these other players:

RB: Chris Thompson, Charles Sims, Shane Vereen, Dion Lewis, D'Onta Foreman, James Connor, Alfred Morris, Jonathan Williams
WR: John Ross, Kevin White, Robert Woods, Breshad Perriman, Mohamed Sanu, Torrey Smith, Devin Funchess, JJ Nelson, Nelson Agholor

Alternatively I could wait until Tuesday in the hopes that nobody puts in a waiver claim for Burkhead. Thoughts?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Given this team in a half PPR format:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Todd Gurley, Theo Riddick, Thomas Rawls, James White, DeAndre Washington, CJ Prosise
WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Emmanuel Sanders, John Brown
TE: Travis Kelce

Would you burn the #4 preseason waiver pick to drop your DST for Rex Burkhead? What about any of these other players:

RB: Chris Thompson, Charles Sims, Shane Vereen, Dion Lewis, D'Onta Foreman, James Connor, Alfred Morris, Jonathan Williams
WR: John Ross, Kevin White, Robert Woods, Breshad Perriman, Mohamed Sanu, Torrey Smith, Devin Funchess, JJ Nelson, Nelson Agholor

Alternatively I could wait until Tuesday in the hopes that nobody puts in a waiver claim for Burkhead. Thoughts?

Team looks good. Hopefully Gurley can bounce back and you get lucky with Rawls or DeAndre Washington starting. I wouldn't burn a waiver on any of those players. I'd wait for a bigger fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yes. Bell has been sitting out for training camp, and history has shown that has a negative impact on their performance

Specifically, isn't there a higher risk of soft tissue/conditioning-related injury during the season?

The longer the holdout continues, the more interested I get in grabbing James Conner late in drafts.

• Locked thread