Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

drunken officeparty posted:

Just finished. There was no boat loving and I feel lied to.

Next episode.

Boatsex while NK blows up the wall. Either the sex is really good or Jon is a quick shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

withak posted:

Not only was the zombie army carrying around thousands of tons of chain for just this eventuality, they also apparently have underwater diving wights capable of fashioning some kind of purchase around the dead dragon at the bottom of the frozen lake.

Now this is the kind of sperging this thread really needed to take it to the next level

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I skimmed you guys talking about them chaining the dragon out of the lake before seeing it and thought they were going to use Benjens mace chain

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

Now this is the kind of sperging this thread really needed to take it to the next level

And if the wights are capable of carrying out complicated rigging tasks underwater, why didn't they just walk through the frozen lake, bust out from below the ice at the shore of the island, and take out our heroes right away instead of waiting there in a circle until the lake refroze and the dragons arrived, like idiots.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
who were the guys that 1) got killed by the bear and 2) got ripped apart by the wights? Just random mooks?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

who were the guys that 1) got killed by the bear and 2) got ripped apart by the wights? Just random mooks?

Redshirts

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Or shoot arrows at them. Or the Night "Tom Brady" King throws the exploding ice spears at them from a mile away.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Why does the Night King need to touch the dragon?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
When you lost IGN......

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Gyshall posted:

when they come out the eastwatch gate you can see they have a few redshirts with them pulling sleds and supplies n poo poo

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

dont even fink about it posted:

to make it a white walker like crasters baby and not just a dumb old wight

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

withak posted:

And if the wights are capable of carrying out complicated rigging tasks underwater, why didn't they just walk through the frozen lake, bust out from below the ice at the shore of the island, and take out our heroes right away instead of waiting there in a circle until the lake refroze and the dragons arrived, like idiots.

Takes a while to sink to the bottom of a deep lake.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Constant posted:

to make it a white walker like crasters baby and not just a dumb old wight

Then he should be doing that to every dead body and not waste his time with dumbass mooks.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Then he should be doing that to every dead body and not waste his time with dumbass mooks.

:effort:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

every army needs cannon fodder

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The real answer is "because that's what the script says would look cool". I don't think they thought too hard about it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dragons are magic :shrug:

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Goddammit blue darth maul looks so loving dumb.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

arya is a dumb and petty lil poo poo lmao

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Spiteski posted:

Pretty sure Missandei + Greyworm sex scene was the only scene with tits.
And we didn't even see ken-doll Greyworm's nethers.

is it canon that they removed his balls, dong and taint. i just assumed he was dick noballs

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

pillar and stones :dong:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Where did they get 4 mega long mega huge chains like that?

giants had big ol' chains, they could have taken 'em off some dead/undead giants

CDHiggs posted:

It's from the recent leaks, and I've got little reason to doubt them...especially since the ones last November about Season 7 have also proven to be right.

I don't really believe in the season 8 spoilers

not because they read like bad fanfic (since that's the show now) but because they're sorta written in the fashion of somebody who has either watched the show (which hasn't been filmed yet) or stalked the sets

like they're ~visual in the way they editorialize

also I don't think even dave&dan are dumb enough to have their most iconic character die in childbirth, of all things, after eight seasons of hollering about being The Dragon's Daughter and burning people alive

or to reuse the "wildfire cache blows up a large portion of the cast" bit
you only get to do that once!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I remember that nonsense with the Waif last season, and how I thought 'this cannot be this stupid without some kind of twist that at least mitigates the stupity, or expains all the things that don't make sense.

And I remember that now, watching dumb, dumb Arya reading dumb, dumb lines, in the dumbest way - and I just know better this year.

So instead of an ingenious Arya plan being revealed (exemplifying her training or something) that slightly off-sets the whole contrived plot so far, it'll be ... the sisters walking in on Littlerfinger loosening a screw on Bran's wheelchair.

PupsOfWar posted:

giants had big ol' chains, they could have taken 'em off some dead/undead giants

It's the chain Tyrion built in season 2 that the plot forgot about. Just showed up.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The chains are the vengeful undead wights of regular giant rear end chains that died north of the wall

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Dondarrion didn't die.

Can't imagine what else he could really do to justify 6 rezzes, that's so much mana

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

chernobyl kinsman posted:

youre going to spend like 60 full hours of your life watching something you dont enjoy for no reason lmao you idiot

I like the threads. Can't enjoy the threads without the show.

Despera posted:

When you lost IGN......

AVClub gave it a B. Do they ever give a show less than a B?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

MysteriousStranger posted:

Takes a while to sink to the bottom of a deep lake.

Not if you have them hang on to a very heavy chain which you just happen to have handy next to the lake.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I just want to know what in the hell Jorah thinks he's playing at out there.

He always used to be a sword man, now he's running around dual-wielding carving knives.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The ice that was once so fragile that running across is would cause it to break is now strong enough to support hundreds of wights, tons of chain, and the weight of a dragon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Arglebargle III posted:

You know what's faster than a Gendry? A horse!

Gendry on a horse with a hammer, give us this you stupid show

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Posted in the book thread lol

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

MrMojok posted:

He always used to be a sword man, now he's running around dual-wielding carving knives.

*preston jacobs voice*
he left his sword at Eastwatch in a bid to passive-aggressively bait Jon into offering Longclaw, so that he could then turn it down and look the better man to bystanders

jorah is a better nth-dimensional chess player than varys or littlefinger, it's just that all of his moves revolve around trying to impress daenerys in increasingly oblique and improbable ways

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Posted in the non-spoiler thread.

Mezzanine posted:

Hound: Here's an ice zombie, ya oval office.
Cersei: Zombie? I'll show you a zombie...

C L E G A N E B O W L

I'm guessing something this cool doesn't happen in next week's ep.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why did they send him alone with the zombie to KL anyway? Don't the Lannisters still want him dead for abandoning them?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

drunken officeparty posted:

Why did they send him alone with the zombie to KL anyway? Don't the Lannisters still want him dead for abandoning them?

He is not alone, the whole roster of "characters that need to have a reunion/interaction with each other" are there

Brienne and Jamie
Brienne and the Hound
Tyrion and Cersei
Tyrion and Podrick
The Hound and The Mountain

The only ones who don't know anyone there are Daenerys and Jon which could lead to cool "meeting for the first time" interactions were they portrayed by competent actors. Best we can hope is for Lena and Nikolaj to carry those scenes for them.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Alsol :lol: this season is almost over and I'm still not seeing how we are supposed to "Hate Euron more than Ramsay or Joffrey"

Hell, so far Euron has had even LESS screentime than the previous season, the one that introduced him.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Are we supposed to hate Euron? I mean unless you really like Theon, Yara and/or the Sand Snakes for some dumb reason he's been nothing less than a swashbuckling badass so far.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

MrMojok posted:

At least one of them was a dragonglass/obsidian knife for fighting wights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Noctone posted:

Are we supposed to hate Euron? I mean unless you really like Theon, Yara and/or the Sand Snakes for some dumb reason he's been nothing less than a swashbuckling badass so far.

The actor claimed at the beginning of this season that Euron was gonna do horrible things that would make everyone hate him more than Ramsay.

Euron's actor should definitely be selling used cars

• Locked thread