Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.

Away all Goats posted:

Source? That sounds hilarious

It's from the recent leaks, and I've got little reason to doubt them...especially since the ones last November about Season 7 have also proven to be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

Rewatching it now, the whole conversation with Dany and Jon was GOOD while they talked about themselves and how they felt and took a turn to UNBEARABLE CHEESY after the "Dany m'queen i'll bend the knees 4 u babeh" which was mostly for plotsposition purposes.

WHY can't they have conversations like real human beings??? How can we relate to them or support them?

Team NK-Euron-Cersei alliance

Writers are bad. You should know this by now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I was like "Oh Jon is showing how selfless he is by not getting on the dragon first..."

but then it turned into

"...wait why is he continuing to walk forward 30 yards?"

Also yeah major :lol: at Benjen "There's no time!"

Also they blew their load too early on revealing the zombie dragon, should have just cut right to him riding it.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I cannot even begin to fathom how dumb the Arya/Sansa stuff was if they're playing it straight (please god don't be playing it straight)

First Arya being a total retard about the letter that obviously Littlefinger wanted her to find. Then RIGHT THE gently caress AFTER reiterating that Brienne would be the only one that could probably protect the two of them, Sansa gets a "phonecall" and sends her away? And Brienne is pretty incapable of lying and has always been loyal - Sansa immediately dismisses her concerns? Then Arya goes full psycho on her own sister, setting things up for more suspicion ...

What is the entire point of that? If this doesn't lead to Littlefinger getting strung up by his dick from the creepy face tree while they both point and laugh, I will be annoyed. It just makes no loving sense at all to have them at each other like that and for Littlefinger to have even a god drat iota of leverage here other than his troops.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The official HBO youtube uploaded the Night King kills Viserion video like immediately after the episode nevermind the people on the West coast that still haven't seen it :lol:

They are def salty over all those leaks

edit: nvm they fixed the title apparently

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Where did they get 4 mega long mega huge chains like that?

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
how did the white walkers get those giant chains

e;fb it's a really good loving point tho

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RC Cola posted:

Where did they get 4 mega long mega huge chains like that?

oldtown noo

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Jesus loving Christ

If you hate the show

STOP

loving

WATCHING

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

CelestialScribe posted:

Jesus loving Christ

If you hate the show

STOP

loving

WATCHING

Screw you

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

CDHiggs posted:

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that as badass as The Night King is, apparently he will be seriously wounded by Euron Greyjoy in Episode 1 or 2 of Season 8. Makes perfect sense, right?

Are you saying this is a bad thing, this sounds incredible. Euron for President of Westeros

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

CelestialScribe posted:

Jesus loving Christ

If you hate the show

STOP

loving

WATCHING

We all touched the tree and can see the beginning and the end simultaneously

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

OctaMurk posted:

Are you saying this is a bad thing, this sounds incredible. Euron for President of Westeros

Does he get someone to pull his ship over the wall or something?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

CelestialScribe posted:

Jesus loving Christ

If you hate the show

STOP

loving

WATCHING

Thats not how you do hatewatching

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

lezard_valeth posted:

The official HBO youtube uploaded the Night King kills Viserion video like immediately after the episode nevermind the people on the West coast that still haven't seen it :lol:

They are def salty over all those leaks

edit: nvm they fixed the title apparently

Doesn't GoT play at 6pm PT ?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I took a vow in 2011 and my watch has not ended. Show sucks asssssss but ill stop watching when it's done and ill stop calling david and dan hack frauds never.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

TrekBek posted:

how did the white walkers get those giant chains

e;fb it's a really good loving point tho

Yeah the payoff needs to be the Night King is someone we know with visions or some poo poo or it becomes very very dumb.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I can't get over those chains

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

CelestialScribe posted:

Jesus loving Christ

If you hate the show

STOP

loving

WATCHING

Hatewatching is a proud SA tradition, dude.

Also, as has been pointed out over and over again, the show is still entertaining, but is clearly not the quality TV it was a few seasons ago, and thus invites the criticism.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it's almost as if the night king can see what other people can see and was specifically waiting for the dragons

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

CelestialScribe posted:

Jesus loving Christ

If you hate the show

STOP

loving

WATCHING

That would be letting the show win.

Also the books are never going to be finished, so this is the only closure a lot of people will get on this.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CDHiggs posted:

It's from the recent leaks, and I've got little reason to doubt them...especially since the ones last November about Season 7 have also proven to be right.

But where are these leaks? I missed them somehow and want to laugh.

RC Cola posted:

I can't get over those chains

I guess they forgot to write the scene where he made a quick jaunt up to the black water and gave Tyrion's giant chains the ol' icy hand?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Unnamed One posted:

Hatewatching is a proud SA tradition, dude.

Also, as has been pointed out over and over again, the show is still entertaining, but is clearly not the quality TV it was a few seasons ago, and thus invites the criticism.

If you want to watch some neat fights and maybe some CGI monster clashes it works.

If you enjoy characters, pacing, plotting, or I guess generally everything else. Well,

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Dave posted:

I was like "Oh Jon is showing how selfless he is by not getting on the dragon first..."

but then it turned into

"...wait why is he continuing to walk forward 30 yards?"

Also yeah major :lol: at Benjen "There's no time!"

Also they blew their load too early on revealing the zombie dragon, should have just cut right to him riding it.

I think that they were going for Jon was trying to get to the Night King. He was pretty close and not a lot of wights were between he and Jon. Then the other spear came out and Jon was like "oh poo poo time to bug out!"

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
like where did they get the chains. did they make them. are there white walker smiths. did they mine the ore and smelt the steel to make huge-rear end chains. did hardhome have a smithy?

i need answers

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
The Wildlings had a couple of chains that were killed in the previous battle with the Night King, and now those chains do his bidding.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

basic hitler posted:

I took a vow in 2011 and my watch has not ended. Show sucks asssssss but ill stop watching when it's done and ill stop calling david and dan hack frauds never.

youre going to spend like 60 full hours of your life watching something you dont enjoy for no reason lmao you idiot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jon was protecting his buddies that were getting onto the back of a giant firebreathing death lizard.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I think that they were going for Jon was trying to get to the Night King. He was pretty close and not a lot of wights were between he and Jon. Then the other spear came out and Jon was like "oh poo poo time to bug out!"

Did they cut to the NK at all during that to frame it? Genuine question even though I'm pretty sure I never looked away from the episode.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Dave posted:

Did they cut to the NK at all during that to frame it? Genuine question even though I'm pretty sure I never looked away from the episode.

no but you see him over jon's shoulder. it's clearly what he was going for

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

chernobyl kinsman posted:

youre going to spend like 60 full hours of your life watching something you dont enjoy for no reason lmao you idiot

You don't seem to get it but this show used to be good, it has moments that are good in a vacuum, and i want to see the end of the story. The show loving sucks now but if you're such an uncritical person as to enjoy this dreck with no asterisks then youve got no real business telling people how or what to watch

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Wait, hold on, have there been ANY tits this season??

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

it's almost as if the night king can see what other people can see and was specifically waiting for the dragons

he's playing 4d chess against them!

e: Arya too! She's totally playing Littlefinger!

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bates posted:

Wait, hold on, have there been ANY tits this season??

Missandei's

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
lmao "im gonna watch every god drat episode but im not gonna be happy. stop having fun! this isn't fun this sucks and i hate it. no i won't stop watching"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

IncendiaC posted:

The DnD Northern adventure raiding party is pretty good. Winterfell scenes sucked hard (seriously, it cannot be understated how bad they are), and the ending boat scenes are surprisingly decent until they tried forcing the romance near the end at which point it became bad.

I was thinking it was just like a DnD session

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

i need my palette cleanser for insecure

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

lmao "im gonna watch every god drat episode but im not gonna be happy. stop having fun! this isn't fun this sucks and i hate it. no i won't stop watching"

There is a term in poker called "pot committed" that is basically where everyone is at.

You could be less of a whiny oval office in the thread though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
"hey man you wanna come by for dinner tonight"
"nah i gotta watch game of thrones"
"oh yeah you like that show huh"
"no"
"don't you watch it every single weekend tho?"
"yea"