Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

grack posted:

At least one of them was a dragonglass/obsidian knife for fighting wights.

Yeah pretty sure this is why the Hound drops Gendry's hammer too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

InFlames235 posted:

Posted in the book thread lol

Wrong though. The NK marched on Bran's treehouse which we have no idea where it is.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Noctone posted:

Are we supposed to hate Euron? I mean unless you really like Theon, Yara and/or the Sand Snakes for some dumb reason he's been nothing less than a swashbuckling badass so far.

I'm a little sad about Milf Snake

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm a little sad about Milf Snake

Tyene had the best set remaining on the show.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Is Dany wearing Ghost?

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
So is consensus that those s8 spoilers are legit

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bloops Crusts posted:

No

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bloops Crusts posted:

What're the season 8 spoilers saying?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bloops Crusts posted:

if they were the season would be be more epic than LOTR and cheesier than a revenge of the nerds movie at the same time

i dont think theres any legit S8 leaks

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i do like the final ending in this one though and think it could be close

http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-6-leak-script/

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It's going to be cheesy as gently caress when the final battle looks to be lost and wights are overrunning everyone and Jon is about to die to the NK but kills him and all the zombies instantly shut down.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Constant posted:

i do like the final ending in this one though and think it could be close

http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-6-leak-script/

I’m reading through the scripts and am I missing something or is the white walker threat never actually dealt with?

trash person fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 21, 2017

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What're the season 8 spoilers saying?

Dany gets pregnant with Jon's child

The Night King destroys Winterfell, kills Rhaegal and Bran and Meera and Gray Worm and Pod and a bunch of other people, survivors retreat south of the Neck

Daenerys dies in childbirth giving birth to daughter, her corpse is taken back to King's Landing by mercenaries who also kill Varys while Sam smuggles out the baby

Jaqen H'ghar shows up, gives Arya a vial of poison and tells her to murder Cersei

Arya, the Hound, and Nymeria travel south to King's Landing. Arya takes Qyburn's face, poisons Cersei, the Hound + Nymeria finish off the Mountain, Arya slits Cersei's throat, Euron becomes King of the Seven Kingdoms (final boss)

Dany's corpse gets brought back to King's Landing, mutilated, displayed, and pelted with feces

Jaime makes love to Brienne, then Brienne dies and commands Jaime to protect Arya and Sansa with her dying breath

The Night King is finally killed at the Eyrie (I think)

Jaime, Tyrion, Devos, Edmure, Gendry, et al. proclaim Jon the rightful king, he rides Drogon and leads the army south to overthrow Euron, who is the big bad

Jon fights Euron, then Jaime stabs Euron in the back (kingslayer), then Drogon breathes fire and accidentally ignites a pocket of wildfire underground and everybody gets blown the gently caress up and killed

Sansa marries Gendry and becomes Lady of the North and the Vale, Edmure is Lord of the Riverlands, Gendry is Lord of the Stormlands, Yara gets Pike, Sam becomes Lord of the Reach

Arya goes back to Essos because 'valar morghulis' while Tyrion becomes Hand of the Queen to Jon + Dany's baby, Lyanna Targaryen, plus he screws Missandei on the side

Bran becomes the new Night King

Bloops Crusts fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 21, 2017

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

trash person posted:

I’m reading through the PS4 scripts and am I missing something or is the white walker threat never actually dealt with?

its not there

which is why these so called leaks are bullshit

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i read one somewhere about Jon killing the NK in the throneroom of the eyerie and kicking him out the moondoor

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

InFlames235 posted:

They had to stop and wait for the White Walker blacksmiths to finish building the chain.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

They just read like fanfic.

If a script was leaked, why don't the release the actual lovely scripts instead of fanfic run-downs?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Sydin posted:

Christ these Winterfell scenes are even worse the second time. Like I know it's going to go "psyche, they both unite to turn on LF!" and these Sansa/Arya scenes are still the goddamn worst.

lol there's no psyche. it's the worst plot.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Bloops Crusts posted:

possible s8 spoilers

yeesh that sounds like a fanfic

There's only 1 part of that entire thing that I like Euron being the big bad but everything else is just awful

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

InFlames235 posted:

Technically from Hardhome the walkers went to the heart of winter, and from there to the cave of the children of the forest, and then back to somewhere around hardhome\eastwatch.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
It's better for everyone to accept that those leaks are real cause:

a) If they turn out to be real, you have more time to mourn and accept them

b) If they are fake, there is hardly very few things they can actually end up doing that could be worse than those leaks

So it's a win-win scenario

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
the leaks are good actually

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

How stupid is this show going to be when the end result is Dany and Jon have a son and the Night King demands him as sacrifice to leave the world of the living alone?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

JaySB posted:

How stupid is this show going to be when the end result is Dany and Jon have a son and the Night King demands him as sacrifice to leave the world of the living alone?

i really cant see him saying anything

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

after thousands of years, possibly longer, the enemy finally states his true goal...

'pink masts, please, in my butt'

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Constant posted:

i really cant see him saying anything

Don't they talk and like have cities and stuff in the books

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Supposedly they have a voice that sounds like ice cracking

The one that Sam saw before they attacked the Fist of the First Men gave a sort of battle cry.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

https://www.etsy.com/listing/294405...ef=sr_gallery_8

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

crazy cloud posted:

Agreed on the S8 E1-E4 spoilers. Not so much for E5 and E6.

I get that GRRM said "bittersweet ending" but killing off every character in dumb ways is less bittersweet and more reality ensues/dropped a bridge on them

For example, Arya realising she can no longer return to her old life and shipping off to Essos is bittersweet. She has gone through so much poo poo she has become paranoid and can no longer trust or connect to people. In a way this could savage her stupid behaviour during this season.

Jaime, Jorah, the Hound and Jon dieing in an explosion because they Didn't Train Their Dragon is dumb. Have Jon die. Maybe Jaime too. But has the Hound's or Jorah's character really been building up to dieing as collateral? If anything why not have both the Hound and the Mountain mutually kill each other on the previous episode?

I know they are perhaps trying to recreate that old GRRM feeling of "oooOOooOoh anyone can die", but none of GRRM's shocking deaths were a case of "an explosion just killed everyone" and more a result of "the sequence of actions and decisions this particular character took lead him to this situation where he ended up dieing".

A character doesn't have to die in order to have a bittersweet ending, killing them off is just the lazy way out when you can't think anything better.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 21, 2017

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

them having cities is a fan theory (albeit one that makes sense)

they definitely talk, think and otherwise interact in recognizable fashion, though

the ones that kill the Night's Watchmen in the prologue are clearly taunting and loving around with them, for instance

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

PupsOfWar posted:

them having cities is a fan theory (albeit one that makes sense)

they definitely talk, think and otherwise interact in recognizable fashion, though

the ones that kill the Night's Watchmen in the prologue are clearly taunting and loving around with them, for instance

Yeah I remember reading that Gurm wanted them to not just be mindless killing machines, which they are in the show. What is their goal. Just kill everyone for the fun of it? They already killed the last wood fairys.

Also it used to be a hot debate (:v:) if Dany was immune to fire, but this whole time she has also been immune to cold and nobody noticed. She was flying around Antarctica at 60mph with just a dress on.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

lezard_valeth posted:

It's better for everyone to accept that those leaks are real cause:

a) If they turn out to be real, you have more time to mourn and accept them

b) If they are fake, there is hardly very few things they can actually end up doing that could be worse than those leaks

So it's a win-win scenario

The are bad enough to be credible.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yudo posted:

The are bad enough to be credible.

those would be some $30 million 2 hour episodes

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Also it used to be a hot debate (:v:) if Dany was immune to fire, but this whole time she has also been immune to cold and nobody noticed. She was flying around Antarctica at 60mph with just a dress on.

Can be handwaved as "Dragons are fire made flesh" ergo their bodies are always hot and act as portable heaters.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

crazy cloud posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
that poo poo is fake as hell but bran becoming the next night king ready to appear next winter seems like the stupidest and most sensical ending after everythings superfucked and half the cast dies os w/e

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Constant posted:

those would be some $30 million 2 hour episodes

I thought they were doing longer episodes next season?

Yudo
May 15, 2003

anime was right posted:

that poo poo is fake as hell but bran becoming the next night king ready to appear next winter seems like the stupidest and most sensical ending after everythings superfucked and half the cast dies os w/e

Lyanna Mormont, ferocious fan favorite, dies off screen while returning to her home planet.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yudo posted:

I thought they were doing longer episodes next season?

they are but the amount of locations and huge fuckoff battles in the alledged leaks are just absurd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The more I think about it the more other stuff starts to line up and make those leaks more real.

gfd.

• Locked thread