Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Daenerys will be named Queen after Cersei is killed.

She and Jon will try to have a child but it turns out she's actually unable to have children.

Daenerys and Jon will die in a final confrontation with Euron and the Golden Company, without having named an heir. Euron is also killed.

Since Daenerys named Drogon and Rhaegal as her children, they are accepted as legitimate heirs.

Drogon sits on the Iron Throne, and Rhaegal is named as King of the North. They will mostly spend their time roaring and eating people, and thus be considered the greatest rulers in the history of Westeros.

Bronn never gets his castle and has to settle for a nice villa, this is the bittersweet ending GRRM was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

anyhoo, the real reason we know the season 8 spoilers aren't real

is that they would require the show to remember that the Stormlands exist

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

PupsOfWar posted:

is that they would require the show to remember that the Stormlands Edmure exist

Also no mention of Daario. He just lived happily ever after in poo poo town

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
*bran dies* "i must fulfill my true purpose, i know all, and murdering a million people in 1000 years is really important since time is like, just a concept to me" *actually did nothing the entire series*

that sounds like current GoT me

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

PupsOfWar posted:

is that they would require the show to remember that the Stormlands exist

Or that Edmure is in the dungeons still.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I forgot, what was Benjens explanation for being half dead when he first showed back up

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

yeah if the spoilers were real then tobias menzies would have like twice as much screentime as he did in the previous 7 seasons combined

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

drunken officeparty posted:

I forgot, what was Benjens explanation for being half dead when he first showed back up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPJyvOnpR9k&t=55s

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There's no way Jon Targaryen nee Snow dies fighting notable nobody Euron Hreyjiy.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

There's no way Jon Targaryen nee Snow dies fighting notable nobody Euron Hreyjiy.

Or King Regent Tyrion wins the game of thrones

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Constant posted:

they are but the amount of locations and huge fuckoff battles in the alledged leaks are just absurd

Good point. I have no sense for these things other than they are bad.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

quote:

Bran tells Theon that he has redeemed himself by saving his sister Sansa. He has seen how much he has suffered at the hands of Ramsay Bolton.

quote:

Bran tells Jon he knows everything about him. (...) he saw how he was stabbed to death by his own men.

Ok. I'm in. I want this to be real. Bran the Troll is the best route they could take this character.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Aug 21, 2017

Yudo
May 15, 2003

anime was right posted:

*bran dies* "i must fulfill my true purpose, i know all, and murdering a million people in 1000 years is really important since time is like, just a concept to me" *actually did nothing the entire series*

that sounds like current GoT me

I would be so mad to have watched that plotline if those scripts turn out to be real.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Constant posted:

Or King Regent Tyrion wins the game of thrones

Tyrion coming through unscathed, ruling the Seven Kingdoms and getting a hot mistress (w/ no preestablished feelings for him other than disdain) is like the one part I can definitely believe, given D&D's general tendency to treat Tyrion like he's made of magic teflon.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 21, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Bran won't die, his ultimate role would be to be left as a frozen sentinel watching over the heart of winter.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I fully expect Drogon to melt the Iron Throne, which is made of swords, bleed on it, and forge it into a giant-rear end Valyrian Steel sword he swings around in his mouth, scaring everyone south of the Neck into living in the north as a clumsy "Day After Tomorrow" style climate change scare allegory.

Edit: Wait, in that movie, they all went to mexico. So it's the reverse of that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So did the RPG party randomly get more randoms added to it as they went along? I couldn't keep track of who was dying during the fights but the answer was actually some random nobody? The only named character that didn't make it out was Thoros?

And loving Benjen?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gendry, who has never been north of the wall, perfectly describes where everyone is via raven to dany, who also has never been north of the wall.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

kater posted:

So did the RPG party randomly get more randoms added to it as they went along? I couldn't keep track of who was dying during the fights but the answer was actually some random nobody? The only named character that didn't make it out was Thoros?

And loving Benjen?

The party started out with a couple extra dudes dragging a sled behind the named characters.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

CelestialScribe posted:

Jesus loving Christ

If you hate the show

STOP

loving

WATCHING

If you don't want to read people nitpicking, maybe leave the thread created primarily for book readers.

Just sayin'.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Wight loving Crawlers am I right? They gpt nothing to do but walk what the gently caress is taking so long?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I kind of expected The Hound to have a good reason to not constantly be smashing up the ice with his giant hammer. Instead of... that.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
The spoilers are so dumb that I kinda want them to be true so some form of this conversation happens.

"Dad, where did my name come from?"
"Well, this show your mother and I watched had a character that we really liked on it. She died and they hung up her corpse and threw poop at it. Well, goodnight Khaleesi."

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

A lot of the party banter was good, but ... yeesh, the Winterfell scenes were such a cringy mess I almost couldn't watch them, and all the nonsense stops came loose towards the end in the north. I mean, I read the spoilers, but it was still a ridiculous mess.

It's funny though that a lot of show-only watchers who have not read spoilers thought that this was the worst episode of the season (or EVER).

And those S8 spoilers: I don't think it's real. It's way too fanficcy, even for D&D.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

TeaJay posted:

It's way too fanficcy

You cannot say that after an episode featuring Tormund strutting up to Sandor for no goddamn reason and chatting about Brienne.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

InFlames235 posted:

Posted in the book thread lol

How the Sansa and Brienne scene actually went:

"It's a long road to King's Landing."

"Yeah, but it's a pretty short teleport, nbd."

In other news, that 3 straight minute scene of shot reverse shot between Arya and Sansa doing a "you're the worse sister!" was just painful, but I was slightly amused when they had them switch places just to continue the exact same boring thing.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

kater posted:

You cannot say that after an episode featuring Tormund strutting up to Sandor for no goddamn reason and chatting about Brienne.

Well, it was like those Youtube collections of Mass Effect companion dialogue. "Tormund & Sandor - all party banter: 15 minutes"

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Those spoilers are terrible enough to make me think they're true.

What is Melisandre's "true identity" that she reveals to Jon Snow in the last ep?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Cornflakes posted:

What is Melisandre's "true identity" that she reveals to Jon Snow in the last ep?

Old woman.

Adonis
Oct 15, 2004
Greek gods almighty!

Cornflakes posted:

That she's really an old hag.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Melisandre just being an old droopy boob is up there with Beric simply having a magic fire sword from god and Joffrey being the Night King as just the most boring blunt lame poo poo.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Holy penis Bran is the Night King

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

What was even the point in this, they didn't do a god drat thing with it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Because it's a shocking reveal~ and one of the last book things they could lift after changing most of aFfC/aDwD.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/caricevhouten/status/899362302042013696

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Bran being the new Night King would be amazing. Just all these scary rear end ice wizards and then some kid they have to drag around

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Peanut President posted:

Bran being the new Night King would be amazing. Just all these scary rear end ice wizards and then some kid they have to drag around

he could just reanimate his dead legs

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I want to see Dany visiting Winterfell next season to meet the rest of the cast only to have Guard #1 and Guard #2 stop her at the gates and go "I supposed you're one of the Starks as well, missy?"

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think the reason the episode 8 spoilers are fake is because have spoilers ever come out this early in a season's lifetime? It seems like the spoilers start with some filming spy shots and then not too long after that the outline gets leaked out. Though I could be remembering wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
In the finale preview, Jaime and Bronn are standing on a wall watching the Unsullied line up and the Dothraki approaching in the background. Where could that be, the city wall of King's Landing? If so, how did the Unsullied make it across the continent?

• Locked thread