Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

New Everything Everything and Grizzly Bear albums released today! I don't know which one to listen to first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Dugong posted:

New Grizzly Bear

I was up late working and gave it a once-over. It's as well-produced as anything they've done, of course. Need to give the middle more time to sink in, as tracks 2-4 were three of the songs already released (and strong at that).

I really like "Systole," which is the first GB track to feature Chris Taylor on lead vocals.

E: The last couple albums ended on high notes, and "Sky Took Hold" continues that.

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 18, 2017

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Can't wait to listen to Grizzly Bear later, I know it will own.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
I've been listening to it non-stop for the last couple days since it leaked. I think it is my favourite Grizzly Bear album. Only time will tell...

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Cut-out is fantastic.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
New Julien Baker album coming in late October.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

I am not sure how I feel about this song. I enjoyed the first single, though. Maybe this will grow on me.

The new LCD Soundystem song, "tonite", is really good. I can't wait to see them live in December.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Noctone posted:

hyped as hell for this. I saw her open for Belle and Sebastian the other day and she is such a wonderful live performer. probably worth the price of admission for her alone.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Noctone posted:

New single, "Appointments"

https://open.spotify.com/track/1odRNxEeolTEjFSDF6GY3s

Album tracklist (thank you Stereogum)

01 “Over”
02 “Appointments”
03 “Turn Out The Lights”
04 “Shadowboxing”
05 “Sour Breath”
06 “Televangelist”
07 “Everything That Helps You Sleep”
08 “Happy To Be Here”
09 “Hurt Less”
10 “Even”
11 “Claws In Your Back”

No Funeral Pyre or Distant Solar Systems, but that's ok because it means more fresh material in the end :)

+ Turn Out the Lights, when she did it live last time I saw her, took my goddamn breath away, so stay tuned for that one

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

So loving hyped. Funeral Pyre is one of her best songs I think, so if she's leaving that one off, the other material must be really strong.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

pretty blindsided by how great the new Brand New album is

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Paperback Writer posted:

pretty blindsided by how great the new Brand New album is
It just came out the other day and I've already listened to the whole thing like 5 times over. It rules. I don't know how I'd rank it against their others yet, but it was absolutely worth the wait.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
The new Grizzly Bear is loving good y'all.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Heard this band for the first time today, I'm a fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCjJB9hfz8o

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I like the new Grizzly Bear and Everything Everything albums but not as much as their previous releases. Shields and Get to Heaven are both top tier.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It just came out the other day and I've already listened to the whole thing like 5 times over. It rules. I don't know how I'd rank it against their others yet, but it was absolutely worth the wait.

I've only given it one listen so far but I don't think I'd rate it above Deja Entendu or Devil and God. It's miles better than Daisy and Your Favourite Weapon though. At the very least I'd say it was worth the wait and hopefully it'll really grab me with repeated listens.

Gutted I missed out on tickets for their London show though.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The new War on Drugs is out and cool and good and great.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Real Name Grover posted:

The new War on Drugs is out and cool and good and great.

Also, as a side note, I thought "oh I'd like to get that on vinyl" and found that they had a killer deluxe set for only $40 on his new album and.... it's sold out. I mean I can pay $200 on eBay but no thanks.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've listened to the entirety of the new War on Drugs a few times and it's amazing. The instrumentation is superb, definitely best heard through headphones. I enjoyed Lost in a Dream but I didn't like it as much as Slave Ambient but this blows both of them out of the water. Too bad it released the same day as the new Queens of the Stone Age because it's hard to pick which one I want to listen to.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
So far I like Lost in the Dream slightly more than A Deeper Understanding, but jesus does this guy know how to produce an album. It sounds so good.

Nateron
Mar 9, 2009

What spit?

Polo-Rican posted:

So far I like Lost in the Dream slightly more than A Deeper Understanding, but jesus does this guy know how to produce an album. It sounds so good.

I agree with this, but when ADU hits, it wails. There's some real phenomenal tracks here, but its saddled with lackluster songs towards the end.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The National new song - Day I Die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwZvip416NU

Man... I'm not really feeling any of these new songs at all.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

New War on Drugs is absolutely incredible imo. Among the new songs, Clean Living, In Chains and Knocked Down are killing me. The only track I'm not really feeling yet is Nothing to find, some of its melodies are carbon copies of licks on An Ocean Inbetween the Waves.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
In Chains is my favorite track that wasn't pre released as a single of sorts.

Anyone seen Washed Out live this tour? I have free tickets for DC now but I am not sure I want to go since I live an hour away and will work very early the next day.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

New Canadian indie, to quote youtube: "gently caress me backwards with a pair of vice grips this song is og"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAlk8QklWbk

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
The record that Ted Leo crowdfunded on kickstarter is going to come out today; DL links will be emailed to backers.. hopefully this afternoon? So hyped.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile are releasing an album together and the first track sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KNsBCf34fQ

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

interpunct posted:

Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile are releasing an album together and the first track sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KNsBCf34fQ

i enjoy this song and video

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

interpunct posted:

I didn't really know what to expect when they announced this but I bought tickets for the Nashville show they're doing anyway. I'm so very glad I did :3:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

interpunct posted:

This sounds like two fantastic musicians trying to not step on each others toes. They don't seem very cohesive.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah for me that worked out about as well as another Kurt and Courtney I can think of.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TPqUvy1vYU

This, on the other hand...

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Immediately bought front row and center for St Vincent when I learned about her tour and new album. I've seen her three times now (once while doing Love This Giant) and it's always amazing to see. I guess I'm a super fan now. Her teaming up with Byrne was the best influence.

Bomba Estéreo dropped a new album. I'm obsessed with Duele. I'm still letting the rest of Ayo grow on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKHLPfwixI

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 1, 2017

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Between new Brand New, Manchester Orchestra and War on Drugs I'm feeling pretty spoiled right now. Manchester Orchestra is the one I'm obsessed with right now though. They've really grown a lot with this one, it's definitely their best album as a whole.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
New LCD Soundsystem out today... can't wait to be disappointed!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BonoMan posted:

New LCD Soundsystem out today... can't wait to be disappointed!
It has less than a handful of really exceptional songs, but drat those songs are so good.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It has less than a handful of really exceptional songs, but drat those songs are so good.

So far I've enjoyed most of it!

In fact almost the entirety of my Release Radar on Spotify today is really good.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm not a fan of the first half of the new LCD Soundsystem but I really like the songs how do you sleep? through american dream. Those four songs are good but meh on the rest of it. There's been so much good new music that I'm not too disappointed though. Maybe the rest will grow on me.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

St. Vincent finally announced a new album during a really awkward Facebook live session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8jxAKmojxY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
That is a butt and vagina.