Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I thought that he always showed up in Korok Forest whenever you got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Well, nearly 200 hours into this game and I just realized the Guardian stalkers are basically Gohma from Zelda 1.

oh gently caress

I played the original LoZ on the NES when it came out. I still have great memories of playing. When I killed Gannon I was so PUMPED

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am not feeling it. The combat seems really shallow and weapon durability is just a hassle. The world is a bit sparse and about 10 hours in there isn't a lot I really want to do.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

I am not feeling it. The combat seems really shallow and weapon durability is just a hassle. The world is a bit sparse and about 10 hours in there isn't a lot I really want to do.

Go kill Ganon and play something else then. The games as long as you want it to be.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

sexpig by night posted:

^^^Oooh, that sounds fun

Yea I lucked into a couple rubies and that got me the hyrule armor set. Guess I'll keep doin that!

Note that there's actually 3 types of ore nodes - golden sparkly ones drop higher-value gems, so it's worth marking them and checking back every now and then to see if they've regenerated.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Eifert Posting posted:

I genuinely feel bad for you, but nothing is for everybody I suppose.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Eifert Posting posted:

weapon durability is just a hassle.

stop hoarding your weapons and revel in the delight of smashing them all to bits over peoples heads and don't worry you will never be in a situation where you have no weapons. also don't worry about saving your high levelled weapons, use em when you get them. you will always be finding new poo poo.

i think this is an important fact a lot of people who complain about the durability just don't understand.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It is INCREDIBLY satisfying taking a really powerful weapon that is about to break and throw it into the face of an enemy, killing them with a splash of glowing blue shards.

I've gotten to the point where I've started to kill Lynels for fun and profit. Jeez.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Eifert Posting posted:

Weapon durability literally doesn't matter. The world is loaded with fresh weapons to find all over the place, you have bombs, arrows, etc, and worst case scenario, other than Gannon himself, every enemy can be ran away from until you have a better/appropriate weapon.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It is INCREDIBLY satisfying taking a really powerful weapon that is about to break and throw it into the face of an enemy, killing them with a splash of glowing blue shards.

I've gotten to the point where I've started to kill Lynels for fun and profit. Jeez.

There's one spot where 3 Moblins are camped out with about a dozen weapons stuck in the ground. I had a great time after I took out two of them, just picking up weapons and throwing them at the last one and knocking him over as he kept trying to make his way back up the path. They weren't anything great as far as damage, but I got a kick out of it nonetheless.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I need your horn Dinraal - where the gently caress are you at? I thought he comes to the Tabanatha bridge (that's where I got the scale I needed) but I've waited there for two days, no dragon!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i think this is an important fact a lot of people who complain about the durability just don't understand.

Or they do understand it and it simply remains an unenjoyable mechanic.

(just use the guardian armor and farm major trial shrines every blood moon and use the master sword in the interim, alternatively amiibo to just cheat)

Allen_Aldo
Jul 8, 2013
I love this game to pieces, but I have fallen into this thread's tendency of focusing on imperfections and i really do wish there was more diversity with treasure. When you find a chest it is pretty much always going to be rupees, a weapon, or clothes. I wish you would occasionally find mysterious or like lore related items. There is so much treasure everywhere and it would be awesome if it was more unpredictable and did more with the world.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
that's the end state of every open world game. if they added more different items in chests you would still eventually run out and complain about how there isn't enough. i think the game is the most varied open world game i have seen in terms of content but it is still an open world game.

Allen_Aldo
Jul 8, 2013

Suspicious Dish posted:

that's the end state of every open world game. if they added more different items in chests you would still eventually run out and complain about how there isn't enough. i think the game is the most varied open world game i have seen in terms of content but it is still an open world game.

That makes a lot of sense. I should have foregrounded my post better because what I was asking for is basically what you gave me: "I find myself dwelling on something that I think is wrong, but I am pretty sure its because I'm being stupid and expecting this game to defy reality and genre conventions in all conceivable ways at all times."

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Is there any set that goes with the Champion's Tunic that provides a set boost?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sab0921 posted:

Is there any set that goes with the Champion's Tunic that provides a set boost?

No.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
After about 40 hours in I decided to ditch my first playthrough in favor of Master Mode, and it's been a ton of fun so far. The first bit of gameplay is mostly stealthing and running for my life but you get so many good weapons almost consistently with every chest. It reminds me a lot of a lot of Platinum/Clover games' hardest difficulty where enemies die in just a few hits but you do as well.

It makes combat a lot more fun, especially how enemies seem to stumble less. It helped me also realize that dodging is consistent regardless of camera direction; that is pushing back and jump always does a backflip which was screwing me up before because I thought it was relative. Also a weird change is that Guardians will randomly hold their fire so you can't reliably perfect parry their beams, which is fine because it felt like cheesing to just fearlessly run at them because I had a shield before. I haven't found much to complain about so far in Master Mode, but I have to say I'm not looking forward to the Master Sword challenge dungeon since Eventide was nail-bitingly horrifying.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Sab0921 posted:

I need your horn Dinraal - where the gently caress are you at? I thought he comes to the Tabanatha bridge (that's where I got the scale I needed) but I've waited there for two days, no dragon!

The plateau across the canyon from Hebra Tower is a good Dinraal-spotting spot.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vikar Jerome posted:

stop hoarding your weapons and revel in the delight of smashing them all to bits over peoples heads and don't worry you will never be in a situation where you have no weapons. also don't worry about saving your high levelled weapons, use em when you get them. you will always be finding new poo poo.

this was a big obstacle for me just because I'm a chronic RPG Hoarder. Eventually I just started having fun an not caring that my magic glowy ancient sword broke over the head of a lame moblin and it worked better. My only real regret weapon I lost was that thing that's like '11 folded sword' or something you get in the shrine that teaches you dodging. Haven't seen another one of those.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Theta Zero posted:

It helped me also realize that dodging is consistent regardless of camera direction; that is pushing back and jump always does a backflip which was screwing me up before because I thought it was relative.

I just wanted to add that this was me as well for quite a while. I'm still not incredibly graceful with dodges and the like, but I did eventually twig that they are absolute and not relative.

sexpig by night posted:

this was a big obstacle for me just because I'm a chronic RPG Hoarder.

This is also me. I haven't played Master Mode yet and I'm not really tempted, but I just cannot resist the temptation to always use my weakest weapon first and always make sure that I have as close to full weapons as possible. Keep in mind that I have every single inventory space upgrade and I still do that. I like to call it "but I might need it later" syndrome.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I was really worried about weapons for awhile in Master Mode but already kind of at the point where I kind of just throw away anything that isn't an ice rod, great elemental blade, or has 40+ damage. Need 17 korok seeds for next inventory upgrade and really should be running around with the mask on more to help with that.

I do constantly run low on shields though but that's partially because I know a lot less respawning shield spots than weapons but mostly because I am addicted to surfing.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I just experienced a really weird glitch. On Master Mode, since I already knew how to use the Sheikah Sensor +, I didn't bother talking to the guy in Purah's lab until the game was basically finished. I did his quest and got the cutscene where a picture was supposed to get filled in automatically.

Only... instead of a single picture, it gave me an entire category of pictures. Every single picture in the 'Materials' column, to be specific.

That's... that's not normal, is it? Am I misremembering? Because I am pretty sure that's not what happened the other times I've done this quest. :stare:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Maybe you just accidentally bought all the pictures of a certain category? You can just buy pictures from him to fill out the compendium.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Spergatory posted:

That's... that's not normal, is it? Am I misremembering? Because I am pretty sure that's not what happened the other times I've done this quest. :stare:

I haven't played Master Mode, but I believe it's normal; On the same profile, your regular-mode photos carry over to your Master Mode save, and vice-versa.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

maltesh posted:

I haven't played Master Mode, but I believe it's normal; On the same profile, your regular-mode photos carry over to your Master Mode save, and vice-versa.

I don't have a single thing in Master Mode that transferred from normal. Master Mode is just a completely separate thing.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Maybe you just accidentally bought all the pictures of a certain category? You can just buy pictures from him to fill out the compendium.

I didn't buy them though. The cutscene just introduces you to the fact they can be bought. Even afterwards, in the dialogue, the guy talked like only one picture had been added.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No idea then.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'd had an endgame save for quite a while, so I figured today to just do it and finish. And then immediately started a new game. Figured I'd beeline to Faron Tower, collect Hearty Durians from the nearby durian grove, give myself a bunch of +20 extra hearts, then raid on Hyrule Castle: first for the armory, then for the shield. The biggest puzzle so far has been climbing Faron with only one pip of Stamina -- eventually puzzled it out by using the nearby Octoroks to get their gasbladders and attaching them to a nearby slab. Burned four of them, jumped off after the last two had popped, using Stasis along the way to steady the drop, and then hand-glided to a good halfway point up on the Tower.

Was rad. Awesome what you can do with this game once you know what you're doing.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Wait. You can attach the bladders to thing? :psyboom:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
That is... an amazing improvised solution to that tower.

Made even more amazing and hilarious by the fact that if you lift up a certain slab, it straight up reveals a jet of air that will just propel you to the halfway point.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'm not sure I've ever really climbed that tower from the bottom as opposed to just finding higher ground to fly in from. "Find a mountain to glide down from" has been my solution to how to get around most things.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Spergatory posted:

I just experienced a really weird glitch. On Master Mode, since I already knew how to use the Sheikah Sensor +, I didn't bother talking to the guy in Purah's lab until the game was basically finished. I did his quest and got the cutscene where a picture was supposed to get filled in automatically.

Only... instead of a single picture, it gave me an entire category of pictures. Every single picture in the 'Materials' column, to be specific.

There's supposedly a glitch that can give you multiple pictures. Unfortunately I can't find the YouTube video where I saw this, but it involved buying multiple copies of an item (any item) at a shop before buying the picture.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Zopotantor posted:

There's supposedly a glitch that can give you multiple pictures. Unfortunately I can't find the YouTube video where I saw this, but it involved buying multiple copies of an item (any item) at a shop before buying the picture.

I definitely did that. Master Mode positively drowns you in gems due to ask the silver enemies, so I've taken to buying out the inventory of basically every shop I come across just so I can say I used my money for something. Link will save the Hylian economy as well as it's people!

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I have a feeling I made this up in my head, but is there an in game list of cookable dishes? Something like the compendium? I could have sworn there was.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

I have a feeling I made this up in my head, but is there an in game list of cookable dishes? Something like the compendium? I could have sworn there was.

Unfortunately, no. You can view the recipe for any dish you currently have in your inventory, and you can take photos of the recipies on the walls of the various stables and other buildings, but there's no list of the recipes you've discovered available.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Master Mode doesn't translate very well in the Master Sword challenge dungeon. Which is weird because it's part of the same DLC.

The most offensive room in particular is floor 10 of the very first challenge, it's the hardest room of the entire challenge in my opinion. You start off immediately getting caught because of the extended view range of monsters when it isn't an issue on any other floor, and then there's so much water and so little land that the only enemies you fight (two silver Lizalfos and one blue one) will constantly flop into the water (or dodge into it), then regen all their health before they get back.

I had to cheese it pretty hard by using a dragon horn to make a 30 minute attack boosting potion, saving all my good stuff specifically for it, and mag dumping all my arrows into them. Even then I set up a barricade using the magnetic boxes so they'd stop falling in. It's all just because the design makes it impossible to stop them from falling in the water over and over and then they undo all your work via regen.

Every other room is fun, this one is just awful.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Master Mode doesn't translate very well in the Master Sword challenge dungeon. Which is weird because it's part of the same DLC.

The most offensive room in particular is floor 10 of the very first challenge, it's the hardest room of the entire challenge in my opinion. You start off immediately getting caught because of the extended view range of monsters when it isn't an issue on any other floor, and then there's so much water and so little land that the only enemies you fight (two silver Lizalfos and one blue one) will constantly flop into the water (or dodge into it), then regen all their health before they get back.

I had to cheese it pretty hard by using a dragon horn to make a 30 minute attack boosting potion, saving all my good stuff specifically for it, and mag dumping all my arrows into them. Even then I set up a barricade using the magnetic boxes so they'd stop falling in. It's all just because the design makes it impossible to stop them from falling in the water over and over and then they undo all your work via regen.

Every other room is fun, this one is just awful.

Not an uncommon complaint, and definitely something that should have been caught in play testing.

Other ways to triumph over that room include chaining sneak attacks, and setting fires for the lizalfos to roast in. The fire one especially deserves points for sheer ingenuity.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just went to a mountain peak I hadn't climbed before and treasure chests are falling from the sky for some reason.

I guess I'm supposed to shield-surf after them? I just stasised one and hit it once with my sword to stop it dead in it's tracks.

I think thats one of the weirdest things I've run into in 156 hours of playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

On my first run through the game, I just finished the dlc master sword trial(holy gently caress that last floor of the last trial). Super stoked with my fancy max roid sword I decided to explore the world again! :buddy:

My first exploration choice? The island in the bottomright of the map.

:shepface: