Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SpazmasterX posted:

I own Devastator, Superion, Defensor, Victorion, Bruticus, UW Computron, Optimus Maximus, and Sky Lynx. Combiner Wars was good to me.

I wanted Liokaiser but I couldn't afford it when it was out and now it's stupid expensive.

Are you not in the US, cause last I checked Liokaizer can be gotten from Amazon for less than 100 dollars, and sometimes will be even cheaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

If you cancel your order and it had the Coneheads in'em, I'd love to get those if you're not going to, but was at work while they were up and went out of stock.

Nah, it was the Swerve/Gears two pack. I've called their bluff a la strangehamster said above. If they want my money, awesome. If not, I go elsewhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Nah, it was the Swerve/Gears two pack. I've called their bluff a la strangehamster said above. If they want my money, awesome. If not, I go elsewhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would buy them for you if you were gonna be in DC

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I won't, sadly. But thanks anyway! :)

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I won't, sadly. But thanks anyway! :)

counterpoint: come to DC

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Finally opened Terraegis Rally! He looks good, but drat is he hard work with the instructions not being helpful. And dem floppy feet are worrying. I had to find a video to work out bits of his legs, and to confirm that the floppy feet weren't just on mine. Gonna change the head to the proper face, but other than that I quite like him. Very stiff joints, and he took an age to get into robot mode with some scary moments.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My TW Coneys have shipped, I hope they don't suck! And my TFC Hades should be here shortly as well!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Finally opened Terraegis Rally! He looks good, but drat is he hard work with the instructions not being helpful. And dem floppy feet are worrying. I had to find a video to work out bits of his legs, and to confirm that the floppy feet weren't just on mine. Gonna change the head to the proper face, but other than that I quite like him. Very stiff joints, and he took an age to get into robot mode with some scary moments.

Can you keep his front bumper attached when you put him in robot mode? I know you're supposed to be able to but the bars on mine run into his windows and can't tab his chest in all the way.

Yeah the feet are floppy, and the way his joints are assembled moving the ankle tilt actually loosens the screw, but his legs are stiff enough that I'm not sure it matters a bunch. He just stays where he's put.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Anyone else hear that Toyworld is calling it quits? Bunch of chatter that he various close outs on their old product and them being unable to find new designers means it's the end for TW.

Is Coolsville any good? His car mode is way better than Downbeat's, and if he goes on closeout...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Is Coolsville any good? His car mode is way better than Downbeat's, and if he goes on closeout...

I don't have him. I'm waiting to see what else drops in price from the TW lineup. Primorion hit $100 and supposedly is gonna dip to $80 to clean out the remaining unsold stock.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Primorion is just so... weird in general.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Primorion is just so... weird in general.

I know and I still love it. I really like what TW's old designers were doing with their MP line.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Phy posted:

Can you keep his front bumper attached when you put him in robot mode? I know you're supposed to be able to but the bars on mine run into his windows and can't tab his chest in all the way.

Yeah the feet are floppy, and the way his joints are assembled moving the ankle tilt actually loosens the screw, but his legs are stiff enough that I'm not sure it matters a bunch. He just stays where he's put.

I honestly didn't even try. I took it off when I started to transform him to get more purchase because the door panels would not unhook from the wheel arch panels. And then I never put it back on again, and didn't realise until the instructions mentioned it. I've noticed the hands are a bit of a nightmare to get in and out. There's no lock it seems to hold them in place, and getting them out of his sleeves is an annoyance in itself.

I've noticed I'm already seeing some of that sweet yellow paint chipping off the diecast at the edges. :smith:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/Make_Toys/status/899562582478131200

Disappointing.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
So, do we finally have a figure here Rhyno isn't going to wait for the OSKO of?

https://twitter.com/DPT_2002/status/898959957223022593

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, interesting. I saw some of those at TFNation. But I wasn't interested because the original was shelf-warming enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AzraelNewtype posted:

That's the Zeta Toys one right?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Feels like maybe you should use a slightly bigger combiner peg.

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, interesting. I saw some of those at TFNation. But I wasn't interested because the original was shelf-warming enough.
It doesn't really cut far enough from the original. If it was a styled Starscream in the MTCD line they'd have done fine, I think, but instead it's rather out of place.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

AzraelNewtype posted:

They need to remove the CW Blast Off and hook up the giant one so we finally have a to 1:1 scale representation of Bruticus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Comfortador posted:

They need to remove the CW Blast Off and hook up the giant one so we finally have a to 1:1 scale representation of Bruticus.

I'm assuming they were going for that gag here. Those Blast-Offs have shipped out so I'm sure somebody will try to snap it in place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZYUGkeApic

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Y'know this actually looks pretty cool:

Balljoint is compatible it seems.

really cool animation :eyepop:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Turned this up on Twitter. I miss these little catalogues.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Welp, that's TFSource done with.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Welp, that's TFSource done with.

That sucks. I actively avoid TFSource just because their prices are crazy. Not accepting credit cards seems like a ridiculous policy. Are we really in a world where PayPal is more secure than anything else?!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Do they really have so little faith in their own credit card systems?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe they don't have to pay Paypal as much of a kickback on each transaction.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Maybe they don't have to pay Paypal as much of a kickback on each transaction.

Could be but they cited fraud as the only reason iirc

e: Doc I think you should keep fighting this fight just to see how deep you can get

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I feel like they've been Paypal only since they got hacked a few years back.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TFSource doesn't want his limey credit card information because he's living in Southern Knifecrime along the Brexit shore, they'll take any major credit card from the US and Canada.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

(Strangehamster won't shop at tfsource anymore because they suck)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They've taken whatever payment I have thrown at them in the past. Sorry it didn't work out for you dude.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's ok, I'm a little less enamoured with 3P dudes right now anyway. Out of all the ones I bought at TFNation, my favourite turns out to be the one I bought on a whim (Whirl), and my absolute favourite thing I bought was TR Twintwist. Surprised me, too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Make_Toys/status/899920772512096256

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Blech. Cybertron sucked.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A guy on one of the TF Facebook groups says he picked up a Chaos on Velocitron set from Ollie's for $25.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

The_Doctor posted:

A guy on one of the TF Facebook groups says he picked up a Chaos on Velocitron set from Ollie's for $25.

This the same guy that said Trypticon was there for $50?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Fort Max was there for $40 earlier this year.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Danger posted:

Fort Max was there for $40 earlier this year.

Yeah, I grabbed one. But considering the Trypticon fake I was wondering if there was some confirmation.

I mean I don't need one as I've already got it but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I've never shopped from TFSource much except for when I have no other choice.

I prefer the Chosen Prime because they have free shipping over $150, give you points that you can use to take off your next purchase and ship pretty fast. The people who work there are also pretty nice and they have their own review channel on youtube. I went to a con once and was really impressed by their booth so that's when I started using them.