Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yesterday, I ran into a lvl 84 Phoenix squad at node 6 that I couldn't beat with any of my teams. That is the worst I have done in GW in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

Yesterday, I ran into a lvl 84 Phoenix squad at node 6 that I couldn't beat with any of my teams. That is the worst I have done in GW in a long time.

Couldn't throw a suicide squad at Hera? Once she's down they're kittens.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chilichimp posted:

Couldn't throw a suicide squad at Hera? Once she's down they're kittens.

Nope. It took my 3 best teams (Rebels, Jedi, Sith/Empire) to just take out Kanan because he and Chopper kept tanking.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
I have never, ever seen Phoenix in GW.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Speaking of impossible node 12's, I got hit with this over the weekend.

...it didn't go well.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

You need a suicide team for that. Once Kenobi is down, it's not that hard anymore

I've been getting that exact team on node 9 and 12 for the past few days. It's not very fun to be honest.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

You need a suicide team for that. Once Kenobi is down, it's not that hard anymore

I've been getting that exact team on node 9 and 12 for the past few days. It's not very fun to be honest.

My suicide node 12 team is Zader, TFP, Palpatine, Boba Fett, and Stormtrooper Han.

It can usually kill at least one from that comp and the rest is downhill. As I'm sure everyone is tired of me saying, this set-up loving murders baze.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

My suicide node 12 team is Zader, TFP, Palpatine, Boba Fett, and Stormtrooper Han.

I think my problem is that this is almost exactly my A-team, so I just need to keep grinding.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

It can usually kill at least one from that comp and the rest is downhill. As I'm sure everyone is tired of me saying, this set-up loving murders baze.

It really does. Because of that, I'm shifting my Chaze combo to a B-team and building a new A-team around Luke.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

CaptainPsyko posted:

Resistance Trooper is part of the Core Trio for resistance along with zFinn and Poe. R2, Pilot, and Rey you get to choose two out of three depending on what you're trying to do.

The reason the team is so good for GW is because once they start rolling, they gain massive amounts of ™, and since that carries over in galactic war, you'll often clear entire enemy teams before they get a turn.

Alright. Was hoping he was skipable since he seems like a rough farm. The rest of the resistance aren't too bad.
Good point about TM carrying over, i didn't think of that.

Mister Blueberry posted:

Resistance ar egreat for so many things btw, and GW is just one of those things.

You get the speed mods, which are great. You get a LS team able to easily beat the lvl9 Hard Light side battles. A decent arena team on attack. And one of the best teams for HAAT, good in phases 2, 3 and 4.

Ah darn, another bunch of guys i am going to want to farm asap :(

I am a bit overwhelmed with choices atm. I have Lando, STH, Biggs at 7*. Phoenix Squad are all going to be 7* in about a week (with Kanaan lagging a bit behind). That takes care of 7* Palpie and 7* Thrawn.

I guess Yoda is skippable for the time being and i should focus on R2D2 then CLS after Palpie/thrawn? Do R2D2 require a specific team or can i bring any 7* empire heroes at G8'ish? Palpie, thrawn, TFP, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper? Maybe Vader instead of ST, he is 5*+25 atm.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Magmatrooper still sucks.

Palpatine, Thrawn, Vader, RG, TFP would be ideal, but getting Vader to 7*'s is a bit of an uphill climb. Magma can sub in for RG if you just don't want to spend the cantina currency. Snowtrooper is also viable for this, but he's from guild currency.

Stormtrooper is bad, don't bother. Lots better poo poo to get from Cantina currency.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Or go Deathtrooper and laugh as he deathmarks R2 and then your team 2-shots him :laugh:

On the resistance front, RTrooper isn't THAT bad of a grind (compared to someone like Jyn). He has 2 cheap hard nodes (one LS, one DS, so perfect for daily activites) at 12 energy each. Since we can do 5x hard node attempts right now, you can spend 120 energy for a chance at 10 shards a day, and then supplement that with 5-pieces from the guild store. It's taken me about a month and a half now (and back then I'd often pass him up for Sabine while I was farming her) but I've got him at 11/100. And yes, he's crucial. I didn't realize how crucial until I got to use him this week, now that I have a zFinn of my own.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I'm running a Veers team, do the Imperial Troopers stack both the Empire and IT bonuses? I need a backup to my Sith team.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

If they have both tags then they should. I know the Empire and Sith effects both stack.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I have a g8 phoenix squad that gets me through most of my gw. They usually last till the last couple of nodes.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Alright. Was hoping he was skipable since he seems like a rough farm. The rest of the resistance aren't too bad.

I am a bit overwhelmed with choices atm. I have Lando, STH, Biggs at 7*. Phoenix Squad are all going to be 7* in about a week (with Kanaan lagging a bit behind). That takes care of 7* Palpie and 7* Thrawn.

I guess Yoda is skippable for the time being and i should focus on R2D2 then CLS after Palpie/thrawn? Do R2D2 require a specific team or can i bring any 7* empire heroes at G8'ish? Palpie, thrawn, TFP, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper? Maybe Vader instead of ST, he is 5*+25 atm.

One thing you'll quickly learn is that this game pulls you in a hundred directions. Pick one or two of them and focus on one at a time for optimal results.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ok I finally got a new phone and want to transfer over. I've had my account for years but I guess never upgraded it to a Google Play account. I have a play account but it created a new SWGOH account at lvl 1. Is there anyway I can take my existing SWGOH "guest" account and merge it into a Google Play account and move it over to my new phone or am I screwed?

EDIT: Figured it out finally, had to make a new Google account and then sign in on my old phone as a guest and then create a new Google Games account under the new Google account. Then on my new phone add the new Google account and sign into the Google Games account from there. They really need a better system.

Popete fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 22, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
My node 12 for Galactic Chore :

I have a deep enough bemch that I get through the last node after sacrificing two or three teams. This one, hell no. GK, Baze and Bariss are something else.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 22, 2017

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

Troopers only work with each other, really. Without the stacking passives they all fall short except for Shore and maybe Snow that he gets CDR per Crit on his AoE. Any Palp Team can probably do it. I'd recommend Something like Tarkin/Ep/Vader (any of them could lead) TFP/anyone else. Tarkin's pretty easy to pick up these days, he's in ship shop and arena and you'll need him decent to get Zeta mats eventually anyway.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

I have a deep enough bemch that I get through the last node after sacrificing two or three teams. This one, hell no. GK, Baze and Bariss are something else.

Zader can deal with those, if you have nihilus, it's even better. Preload TM for Zader, the dots should kill them slowly. Palpatine's shock is a good way to keep them from healing.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiujGHxxCLU

HAAT P3 got suddenly so much easier!

An easy to gather, FTP team doing 35-40% damage.

No thrawn, no Baze, but CLS needed.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MoraleHazard posted:

The problem with the elite heroes now is that you can't rely on node 12 cannon fodder teams. You can end up doing more harm than good to your cause with the way teams can regenerate protection and health now.

They say nodes haven't changed, but the entire dynamic of GW has changed because of zetas and new characters.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 22, 2017

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Hockles posted:

Nope. It took my 3 best teams (Rebels, Jedi, Sith/Empire) to just take out Kanan because he and Chopper kept tanking.

Sith/Empire sounds like a good idea against Phoenix, until you realize that Phoenix gains a lot of health each time they get debuffed. A zMaul with Nil can be dangerous though, but most other Sith teams get absorbed unless they are super powerful.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

So I started playing this again after putting maybe 5 levels in a long time ago. I don't care enough to link up a different Apple ID so I didn't restart completely. I'm up to 35 now and would like to play with goons if there's room anywhere. 584-383-724

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

wisdomHNOX posted:

So I started playing this again after putting maybe 5 levels in a long time ago. I don't care enough to link up a different Apple ID so I didn't restart completely. I'm up to 35 now and would like to play with goons if there's room anywhere. 584-383-724

You should restart, even if its a pain. You're now hopelessly behind the rest of your arena group and ship arena group. If you start from scratch you can be competitive. Level 35 isnt too far into the game so you arent losing much. You'll rapidly make up for it by placing higher in arena and having the goon advantage in strategy.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

You should restart, even if its a pain. You're now hopelessly behind the rest of your arena group and ship arena group. If you start from scratch you can be competitive. Level 35 isnt too far into the game so you arent losing much. You'll rapidly make up for it by placing higher in arena and having the goon advantage in strategy.

Not necessarily. If he didn't level past 8, he doesn't have that problem.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

fishtobaskets posted:

Agreed. it takes maybe 2 days to get back to 35. Follow the guide. Also I think the alt goon guild has openings. When Qui-gon goon has an opening I'll let you know.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I hadn't unlocked arena before yesterday? Is it set when you start the game or when you open arena?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

wisdomHNOX posted:

I hadn't unlocked arena before yesterday? Is it set when you start the game or when you open arena?

Oh never mind. If you dont get the shard assigned until you're getting close to arena unlock maybe you're fine. What's your rank and what kind of teams are you seeing?

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

fishtobaskets posted:

Oh never mind. If you dont get the shard assigned until you're getting close to arena unlock maybe you're fine. What's your rank and what kind of teams are you seeing?

I'm rank 5000 and I'm seeing teams almost identical to mine (Cherie, imperial royal guard, talia, some others) the top 50 are all lvl 85 with 7 star guys so I'm probably screwed right?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

wisdomHNOX posted:

I'm rank 5000 and I'm seeing teams almost identical to mine (Cherie, imperial royal guard, talia, some others) the top 50 are all lvl 85 with 7 star guys so I'm probably screwed right?

Do the top 50 guys look more like this:

Or like this:

If they have rings around their portrait like R2, you're in trouble. If they just have a purple silhouette (or even better, blue), then they arent that far ahead.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

The first. I just reset. I'll post my friend code again once I get through the tutorial. Thanks guys and gals.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

fishtobaskets posted:

Do the top 50 guys look more like this:

Or like this:

If they have rings around their portrait like R2, you're in trouble. If they just have a purple silhouette (or even better, blue), then they arent that far ahead.

You know, I've never actually paid attention to those rings; do those indicate gear level or what?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Yeah. The R2 is G11 and the Chopper is G7. Below G7 is blue, and below G4 is green. G1s are white. The rings get more intricate above G7.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Remember to follow the guide. It might not be the best to not farm your favorite guys, but getting lando, stormtrooper han, and boba early will help you dominate.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Remember to follow the guide. It might not be the best to not farm your favorite guys, but getting lando, stormtrooper han, and boba early will help you dominate.

Is it going to take as long as it seems like it will? And am I supposed to farm them all the way to 7 stars or just unlock and move on?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

wisdomHNOX posted:

Is it going to take as long as it seems like it will? And am I supposed to farm them all the way to 7 stars or just unlock and move on?

I mean. You can unlock and move on. I'd recommend 5* for mid challenges and at least 1 character to 7* asap. So you can do raids. Raiding let's you get guild currency which lets you farm rey and other cool characters

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wisdomHNOX posted:

Lando and boba to 7 stars. Just unlock STH for now.

Once he's unlocked start working on Kanaan.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Lando and boba to 7 stars. Just unlock STH for now.

Once he's unlocked start working on Kanaan.

I tend to disagree with this. On newer shards, STH is still pretty good and a more versatile toon for raids than Kanan. Depends if you want to unlock CLS or Thrawn i guess...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

wisdomHNOX posted:

The first. I just reset. I'll post my friend code again once I get through the tutorial. Thanks guys and gals.

My new code is 451-145-754 thanks for all the advice!