Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Kopijeger posted:

In the finale preview, Jaime and Bronn are standing on a wall watching the Unsullied line up and the Dothraki approaching in the background. Where could that be, the city wall of King's Landing? If so, how did the Unsullied make it across the continent?

The dragonpit, and they walked in the time it took Dany and Jon to have passionate boatsex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I still can't believe Arya has an actual loving factual bag of faces.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Kopijeger posted:

In the finale preview, Jaime and Bronn are standing on a wall watching the Unsullied line up and the Dothraki approaching in the background. Where could that be, the city wall of King's Landing? If so, how did the Unsullied make it across the continent?

It's King's Landing pre-meeting when Dany has her armies line up around KL in case Cersei plans to kill her.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Those S8 spoilers has Howland Reed die in E02, then he's somehow back to tell Jon about the Tower of Joy in E03.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016

Comrade Koba posted:

Those S8 spoilers has Howland Reed die in E02, then he's somehow back to tell Jon about the Tower of Joy in E03.

Could be an early script, those can have inconsistencies

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Much like the finished drafts tbh.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Those leaks sound like complete bullshit. Like, GRRM describes his ending as bittersweet. What those leaks describe is edgy edgelord nonsense that sounds like JK Rowling esque "well it's the last book in the series so lots of people have to DIE so I can make people feel feelings!"

e: I mean I guess that's what he could mean by bittersweet but Dany's death and defilement lmao c'mon son

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Those s8 spoilers actually are just following a lot of the "ending spoilers" that were released on reddit like 2 or 3 years ago. The biggest ones being no one we met on the Iron Throne and Bran being the new Night King.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
I hope it's bullshit. The final bad guy should be the nightking, not some overacting extra whom we've only known less than a full season now.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The problem I have with the leaks (assuming they are true) is that they point to the show being a shaggy dog story told over 8 years of TV. All that really happens is the most powerful figures on Westeros die and are just replaced with someone else. Theres no breaking of the wheel, no ending of any cycle, no resolution.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
This season is so bad that even mainstream media is making GBS threads all over it

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Yeah, they feel a bit fake to me. There's no way we'll see the corpse of fan favorite Dany strung up and splattered with poop, and there's no way fan favorite (for some reason) Lyanna Mormont will mysteriously die off-camera for no good reason.

On the other hand, having smug pre-teen wizard ninja Arya kill Cersei instead of Jaime is so goddamn stupid it'll probably happen.

The "bittersweet" ending is probably still some variation of Jon and Daenerys both dying but their offspring ends up on the Iron Throne.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Wyatt Derp posted:

I hope it's bullshit. The final bad guy should be the nightking, not some overacting extra whom we've only known less than a full season now.

We KNOW that the Night King will be dealt with first, because all the good guys are going North at the end of s7. Euron WILL be the final boss.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Comrade Koba posted:

there's no way fan favorite (for some reason) Lyanna Mormont will mysteriously die off-camera for no good reason.

Why not? They did it to the Blackfish.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

GaussianCopula posted:

We KNOW that the Night King will be dealt with first, because all the good guys are going North at the end of s7. Euron WILL be the final boss.

Why? There are so many possibilities that could happen here, Euron is merely the only guy standing around Cersei that makes it even look anywhere likely. We hardly know the guy, he had some cool shots and yeah she did say he wants the throne and all, but so did Littlefinger, so whatever.

If they'd try to top the battle that the White Walkers along with Ice-Viserion will probably bring by having some very mortal, very uninteresting, hardly written character that has no personality to speak of to be the final boss for those who just saved the world, it would not make any sense from the director-perspective.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Why not? They did it to the Blackfish.

Blackfish had nowhere near Lyanna's popularity.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nobnob posted:

Why? There are so many possibilities that could happen here, Euron is merely the only guy standing around Cersei that makes it even look anywhere likely. We hardly know the guy, he had some cool shots and yeah she did say he wants the throne and all, but so did Littlefinger, so whatever.

If they'd try to top the battle that the White Walkers along with Ice-Viserion will probably bring by having some very mortal, very uninteresting, hardly written character that has no personality to speak of to be the final boss for those who just saved the world, it would not make any sense from the director-perspective.

Subverting expectations. Man was the greatest threat to man.....also Bran in 10000 years.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Wait, people actually dislike Euron's actor? Sure he overacts and chews up scenery but I thought he was mostly entertaining. If we're not going to get Eldritch sorcerer crazy pants book Euron then I'm fine with glam edgelord Euron who just wants to antagonize or kill every person he meets.

The "we'll talk later" bit with him and Jaime in the throne room was one of the highlights of this season, if nothing else.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Solice Kirsk posted:

Subverting expectations. Man was the greatest threat to man.....also Bran in 10000 years.

Not saying that the Night King will be the final boss in general, it can easily be some mortal guy, maybe just alongside the problem that is the Night King and it will be dealt with, also some of the spoilers look likely, but Euron as a character just does not make any sense.

He's a great sidekick, has some nice moves and all, but we don't know him, he didn't show up in this season for a few episodes now and has neither history nor meaning for the world. Even given what he did in this season does not make him important enough to be king or the final boss.

What I do expect though, and that is included in the spoilers, is that stuff turns out to be really chaotic and maybe not entirely solved. Depends on from what perspective the "bittersweet" adjective was used.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Problem with Euron is that he was cast in the show when the quality of the dialogue had already started taking a massive nosedive, so hes nowhere near as awesome as he could be.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

WampaLord posted:

In the cut scenes Sansa also finds a whoopie cushion, tied handkerchiefs, and a collapsible top hat scattered across Arya's room.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

Problem with Euron is that he was cast in the show when the quality of the dialogue had already started taking a massive nosedive, so hes nowhere near as awesome as he could be.

He single handedly killed off an entire countries army in one boat attack. Dude is a fookin' legend!

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

the spoilers mostly sound like nonsense but dany strung up and splattered with poop does sound awfully GRRMy and I've got my fingers crossed for that one.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
I think the "spoilers" are just HBO feeding misinformation to hackers. It would be a perfect plan. Hackers release crap and all the nerds get angry thinking things are going to be exactly like they aren't.

I'm one of the nerds and this being a possible direction of the season 8 has me miffed, so I choose to believe my conspiracy as the alternative is completely unacceptable.

Wyatt Derp fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 21, 2017

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It doesn't matter if the spoilers are real or not. The point is you can't look at them and think "Nah there's no way, that's too dumb."

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It doesn't matter if the spoilers are real or not. The point is you can't look at them and think "Nah there's no way, that's too dumb."

That goes for every show in existance, especially those we discuss in this subforum. There is not a single show that cannot turn into being completely hosed at some point.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'd actually be fine with those spoilers. Some of you haven't accepted that we're living in a dragon anime

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

The spoilers are absolutely stupid and I can absolutely believe they are true. I guess at some point D&D got sick of all these games of throneses

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

In the cut scenes Sansa also finds a whoopie cushion, tied handkerchiefs, and a collapsible top hat scattered across Arya's room.

In next week's episode, Arya is going to offer Sansa a handkerchief and when she tries to take it from her...

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
GOT SPOILER Thread: The spoilers have always been real

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

its more believable that although most of the characters are dead

the game continues with new players

call it

the game of thrones

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The spoiler final scene where "Game of Thrones" is name-checked like 5 times is just dumb enough to be true.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
So there is no reason given for whatever it is that the WW/Great Other is after? They just attack stuff and kill people and for some reason go to the vale?

As stupid as this show is, and as meandering as the books are (they will never be finished), GURM has an ending in mind (though lol if you think he will ever write it). He specifically said he wanted something with more meaning than how LOTR ended with the orc ladies and children just forgotten about.
The WW want something. Not just attack the living because it gets boring in winter. This alone makes me suspicious of those leaks. Otherwise, they are dumb enough to be mostly correct. I would have thought it would be Jon driving the sword into Dany's heart to make Lightbringer, you know, as per the prophecy. Unless Varys is Azor Azhai. :iiam:

Collateral fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 21, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Collateral posted:

As stupid as this show is, and as meandering as the books are (they will never be finished), GURM has an ending in mind (though lol if you think he will ever write it)

The books will be finished, but GURM won't write the ending. :rip:

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
There's zero chance the main villain is Euron and Dany dies so early, c'mon now.

That's the opposite of the kind of fan-fiction the show has right now.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.
People doubted the Season 7 leaks last year (November). Those have turned out to be pretty accurate.

lezard_valeth posted:

The more I think about it the more other stuff starts to line up and make those leaks more real.

That's how I feel too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope the final season reveals that the alien theory is true but rather than alien aliens it's a Lovecraftian cosmic great old one and the series is just twelve hours of Jon trying to describe what it is to be human.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

cheap floppy rubber masks lmao

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The only spoiler I know for sure is true is that Season 8 Episode 6 is titled "Rap Album"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pedro De Heredia posted:

There's zero chance the main villain is Euron and Dany dies so early, c'mon now.

That's the opposite of the kind of fan-fiction the show has right now.

every spoiler but like 2 for the last few seasons has turned out to be true, and every completely insane idiotic thing (arya in braavos, wight hunt, all this poo poo) has happened so i'm 100% on board with them ending the series by killing off everyone as fast as possible. and since they've been hyping up euron i won't be surprised at all if he's the last man standing

• Locked thread