Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

The line about how "why do asians and afraicans get ethnostates but not whites!?" is a standard beginner's argument among white nationalist recruiters.
loving lol at pretty much any subsaharan African state being an ethnostate, thanks to colonialism drawing borders all of them contain multiple ethnicities and tribes

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

sheep-dodger posted:

loving lol at pretty much any subsaharan African state being an ethnostate, thanks to colonialism drawing borders all of them contain multiple ethnicities and tribes

They pretty much only see one "African" race.

Asians might get off easier for the less racist, but they still see it as a national thing like Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc. and not the multitude of ethnic groups contained within each country.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

They pretty much only see one "African" race.

Asians might get off easier for the less racist, but they still see it as a national thing like Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc. and not the multitude of ethnic groups contained within each country.

It's doubly idiotic because the same people are going to cry about the white minority in South Africa no longer being in power. Ethnostate is good, but black ethnostate is... Bad?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

sheep-dodger posted:

It's doubly idiotic because the same people are going to cry about the white minority in South Africa no longer being in power. Ethnostate is good, but black ethnostate is... Bad?

More like "why do they get a shiny toy (which doesn't exist) and I don't wah wah wah"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SocketWrench posted:

If there was one thing I thought I'd never see it would be freep siding with literal Nazis.
Then you don't understand Freep at all.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Ré resettling refugees in Idaho:

quote:

No we do not have to take them...it is despicable what so called holy people do in Christ’s name and Congress approved. Religion is corrupt by snakes in Congress.

4 posted on 8/20/2017, 8:55:22 AM by Just mythoughts

If only we had some way of knowing what Jesus would've said about taking in refugees...

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Germany, well-known for having Hitler statues and swastikas everywhere in 2017:

quote:

I'm not fan of the Confederacy, and what cities choose to do with the statues within their limits that they own is up to them.
However, we shouldn't be trying to wipe out our past. Even the parts we don't like must be remembered, if for no other reason than as a reminder of what should never be allowed tp happen again.

The Germans understand this. We should too.

14 posted on 8/20/2017, 9:01:12 AM by TwelveOfTwenty (Prayers for our country and President Trump)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Germany, well-known for having Hitler statues and swastikas everywhere in 2017:

Remembered sure. Idolizing traitors, racists and bastards, no.
Germany remembers its history and doesn't sugar coat it. They don't erect statues of Nazis and declare it "history".

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Germany remembers its history and doesn't sugar coat it. They don't erect statues of Nazis and declare it "history".

Thats literally what TapTheForwardAssist is saying.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

SocketWrench posted:

I know a shitload of people are being disingenuous but at the same time I wonder how bad education around this is driving the "don't forget history" response? Like, how many people think these are monuments that are meant to educate about the horrors of the Civil War and don't know about the Daughters of Confederacy and their goals?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

I know a shitload of people are being disingenuous but at the same time I wonder how bad education around this is driving the "don't forget history" response? Like, how many people think these are monuments that are meant to educate about the horrors of the Civil War and don't know about the Daughters of Confederacy and their goals?

It's about being raised to think that General Lee was an American Hero on par with Washington or Lincoln, but knowing just enough that slavery is bad and you look bad if you defend it. So they meet halfway and say that it isn't about slavery it's about memorializing heroes.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

RagnarokAngel posted:

It's about being raised to think that General Lee was an American Hero on par with Washington or Lincoln, but knowing just enough that slavery is bad and you look bad if you defend it. So they meet halfway and say that it isn't about slavery it's about memorializing heroes.

Yeah but people who weren't raised that way make this argument too. Unless you're saying Lee has been generally idolized in America, not just in the South, then I can agree with that.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Lightning Lord posted:

Yeah but people who weren't raised that way make this argument too. Unless you're saying Lee has been generally idolized in America, not just in the South, then I can agree with that.

He kind of has. At least the history books I had in high school focused on him being a honorable combatant during the civil war. Never mentioned his treatment of slaves or captured black soldiers.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Americans are raised to see half measures as the "high ground". It's why "Well I don't like what these guys are saying but they have a right to free speech" is such a common response to the rise of fascist movements right now. If you take a side that's seen as being an extremist but if you're willing to say "Well I may not like X but I respect their right to say it" you seem like the emotionally detached ubermensch. The civil war ends up getting taught much the same way.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lightning Lord posted:

Well, when I went to school history class was boredom. They wanted you to memorize details about policies or details about some random person rather than expand on any of the background. I looked forward to the Civil War portion of the class only for it to be about a week long and focus on background politics before we moved on to reconstruction. Classes are very rushed, the material is often bland and not very detailed about the "bad" things. The deepest it ever delved into slavery was "The civil war was fought over slavery, the end". It's not likely to have improved from there over the decades with republicans constantly trying to gut education.

Hell, that was just junior high. High School history was a week of watching Glory and having a test on it. So you got to see that "yeah, the south was mean to slaves, but so was the north, so they're both bad, durr"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 20, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Admiral Ray posted:

He kind of has. At least the history books I had in high school focused on him being a honorable combatant during the civil war. Never mentioned his treatment of slaves or captured black soldiers.

There's a very specific reason for this; the Texas is the largest purchaser of school books, which means that publishers tailor their offerings to be most appealing to their curriculum. They don't bother to tweek said books for the other states, so most everyone ends up reading whatever Texas decided was the most appropriate teaching materials.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Keeshhound posted:

There's a very specific reason for this; the Texas is the largest purchaser of school books, which means that publishers tailor their offerings to be most appealing to their curriculum. They don't bother to tweek said books for the other states, so most everyone ends up reading whatever Texas decided was the most appropriate teaching materials.

I grew up in Cali so I had extra sections put in since we're also a giant market, but it still was super positive towards Lee. The book did point out that the South fought for slavery, explicitly, but since they tried to be neutral they never really rammed home the moral angle of slavery being insanely awful. That was left as an exercise for the reader.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Admiral Ray posted:

It might come from the whole "many servicemen in WWII didn't even fire their rifle" thing that S.L.A. Marshall probably invented from whole cloth

FTFY.

Admiral Ray posted:

Just last week I had to explain to my mother, who's even more of a dyed-in-the-wool New England Yankee than me, that no, Lee really wasn't just a reluctant rebel who loved Virginia so much he had to commit treason for it.

Keeshhound posted:

There's an even more specific reason which goes back further: the first histories of the Civil War were written in the 1870s and 80s, almost entirely written by ex-Confederates with an ax to grind. Later school books were based off of them at one or more remove, until quite recently.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Black Lesbian Rioter Who Toppled Confederate Statue In Durham May Receive Scholarship

This should be good. :munch:

quote:

Put her in jail with no bond set.

1 posted on 08/20/2017 8:19:21 AM PDT by Morgana
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

Fat Fat Fattie!

quote:

To: Morgana

Black Lesbian Rioter Who Toppled Confederate Statue In Durham May Receive Scholarship to Hell

3 posted on 08/20/2017 8:20:53 AM PDT by tired&retired (Blessings)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: tired&retired

Sorry, correction....

FAT Black Lesbian Rioter Who Toppled Confederate Statue In Durham May Receive Scholarship to Hell

4 posted on 08/20/2017 8:22:13 AM PDT by tired&retired (Blessings)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

Scholarship, heh!
In what no IQ non-academic grade school level subject?
Any real academic course would completely destroy both cells of her brain.

5 posted on 08/20/2017 8:22:57 AM PDT by Da Coyote

Reward Nazis, get more Nazis... :thunk:

quote:

Whatever you reward, you will get more of. Reward anarchy, and you will get more anarchy.

Probably by design here.

7 posted on 08/20/2017 8:24:15 AM PDT by Leaning Right (I have already previewed or do not wish to preview this composition.)

quote:

This hits home with me and touches a nerve.

I live in Durham and the city is a hornets nest of evil. This is the city that extended their voting closing time to stuff the box and give NC a Demon Governor.

We need to keep pointing out that we want the Democratic Party made illegal as they are the party of slavery, the KKK, civil rights suppression.....

9 posted on 08/20/2017 8:25:15 AM PDT by tired&retired (Blessings)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

How can I get my sons to qualify for the angry black lesbian scholarship? There aren’t any confederate statues in SoCal.

10 posted on 08/20/2017 8:25:54 AM PDT by Yaelle (We have a Crisis of Information in this country. Our enemies hold the megaphone.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monuments_and_memorials_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America#California posted:

There are at least eight remaining publicly-supported spaces dedicated to the Confederacy in California and at least four former spaces.[2]

And she stinks too!

quote:

I know this is childish but I take some pleasure in it.

Yet another correction:

HOMELY, STUPID, DAZED and CONFUSED, FAT Black Lesbian Rioter Who Toppled Confederate Statue In Durham May Receive Scholarship to Hell

12 posted on 08/20/2017 8:28:38 AM PDT by Sequoyah101 (It feels like we have exchanged our dreams for survival. We just have a few days that don't suck.)

quote:

Let’s not forget that she likes North Korea.

That proves that she’s an idiot.

13 posted on 08/20/2017 8:28:46 AM PDT by blueunicorn6 ("A crack shot and a good dancer")

Oh word?

quote:

To: Yaelle

With genderism they can say that they are lesbians and no one will be willing to challenge them.

But “black” has yet to get the same treatment as sex.

17 posted on 08/20/2017 8:31:50 AM PDT by Rurudyne (Standup Philosopher)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

I wonder if she is racist? I'd like to see some of her communication (email, blogs, etc.).

This is the quickest way of shutting her down. If she is “peaceful” then okay. But I am betting that she has some skeletons in her closet.

18 posted on 08/20/2017 8:32:15 AM PDT by dhs12345

quote:

To: Olog-hai

Don’t leave out “communist”, since she’s a card-carrying member of the Workers World Party. .............................. Oh yes, the workers world! Its where you are allowed to be a member of a Union, but not allowed to go on strike, and if you don’t meet your quota, you don’t get paid? My guess is she’s looking to loose weight?

20 posted on 08/20/2017 8:47:46 AM PDT by Bringbackthedraft (drat, the tag line disappeared again? Coursors!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Holy poo poo they're bringing out all the dogwhistles for this one!

quote:

Speaking of scholarships, I wonder how Rachel Jeantel’s (Trayvon Martin’s girlfriend) college career is faring. Has she learned cursive yet?

22 posted on 08/20/2017 8:50:41 AM PDT by hanamizu

Sounds good to me.

quote:

To: blueunicorn6; Da Coyote; Chode

If she goes she will probably just major in Women’s or African American studies.

We all know what kind of job she can get with that.

26 posted on 08/20/2017 9:07:32 AM PDT by Morgana ( Always a bit of truth in dark humor.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

We all know what kind of job she can get with that.

She can become a Community Organizer and then POTUS.

30 posted on 08/20/2017 9:17:37 AM PDT by Chgogal (Sessions recused himself for shaking an Ambassador's hand. Shameful!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

.....Black Lesbian Rioter....

makes a perfect warrior disguise
Testosterone shots make you a man
Innocent looks like a girl
Law cant't touch you

Trojan Horse in plain sight

35 posted on 08/20/2017 9:32:47 AM PDT by Koracan

Oh wow, a Freeper actually calls out conservatives on playing the "Real Racist" game!

quote:

Are you that out of touch that you think that you can hurt the Democrats by trying to link them to policies from over 50 years ago that literally not one single Democrat today supports?

Conservatives have to stop using the “Democrats are the real racists” rhetoric. It doesn’t do any good and actually helps the left because that kind of rhetoric assumes that politics is a contest for who is less “racist.”

38 posted on 08/20/2017 10:00:17 AM PDT by WatchungEagle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

...Only to get cock-blocked with a "Lincoln Freed the Slaves" counter.

quote:

To: WatchungEagle

It will work with the uneducated members of the party to turn them against their own.

The went from black slavery, to black suppression, to black victim-hood. They still have not set the blacks free.

The Republicans and Lincoln are the Party of Black Freedom and the Civil Rights Laws in this country.

40 posted on 08/20/2017 10:15:20 AM PDT by tired&retired (Blessings)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

quote:

She should get a “Scholarship” to Sing Sing or similar institution.

39 posted on 08/20/2017 10:03:26 AM PDT by GoldenPup

quote:

So that’s how you get Whitey to pay your college tuition. Another way, is to write an “essay” with BLM repeated 100 times. This will not work if you’re White - if you try this while White you will be rejected.

And they’re still angry at US? Their anger is misdirected. It should be at themselves for their self-inflicted failures.

47 posted on 08/20/2017 11:55:27 AM PDT by I want the USA back (Lying Media: completely irresponsible. Complicit in the destruction of this country.)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

It still amazes me these people will cite Lincoln as the example they aren't racist in one sentence and then the next is a racist rant

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Anti-Semitic signs hung on Oregon overpasses

Somebody hung “UNJEW HUMANITY”

False Flag!

quote:

To: Eleutheria5

I’m betting libs hung those signs.

2 posted on 08/20/2017 11:20:51 AM PDT by Fresh Wind (Hillary: Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect 2 billion dollars.)

quote:

To: Fresh Wind

Naaww. Can’t be. It must be alt-right what dood it, and the libtards just showed up to beat on them./s

3 posted on 08/20/2017 11:21:51 AM PDT by Eleutheria5 (“If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Of course they find an opportunity to blow the old dogwhistle.

quote:

“UNJEW HUMANITY,” “Eclipse Whitey,” and “Jewish Financing Available,”

Combining the crude anti-Semitic slogan with the Eclipse Whitey slogan, it smells like black muslims. As for the last slogan, anyone remember Al Sharpton's comment about diamond merchants and interlopers?
4 posted on 08/20/2017 11:24:05 AM PDT by 17th Miss Regt

quote:

To: 17th Miss Regt

Obviously done by a white nationalist trying to frame peace-loving African-Americans./s How do you spell “Whitey,” anyway. Isn’t it Whity, or Whitee? Inquiring honkeys want to know.

7 posted on 08/20/2017 11:26:55 AM PDT by Eleutheria5 (“If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.)

Move to eastern side of the state; You get all the benefits of a not completely insane state government and can be as big of a raging conservative rear end in a top hat as you want.

quote:

Someone told me the Oregon governor has signed a bill authorizing free abortions on demand.

I was born here, spent most of my adult life here...and I want out. But on the west coast where is there to go?

Oregon is a beautiful state with a lot to offer...except for the liberal infestation.

8 posted on 08/20/2017 11:27:25 AM PDT by Aria (i)

er...

quote:

Just doing the work Muslims won’t do. Idiots!

10 posted on 08/20/2017 11:28:04 AM PDT by Terry Mross (Liver spots And blood thinners.)

quote:

Californians upset by prejudice in Oregon? Those fools need to visit a California college campus. I attended Cal State Turlock and they had posters denouncing Israel, Jews, etc, all the while extolling the raghead struggle, yadda yadda yadda.

The entire west coast is an absolute lost cause. Finished.

13 posted on 08/20/2017 11:37:34 AM PDT by LouAvul (The most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.)

Have I said False Flag yet?

quote:

I would put down money that the hanging of those signs is totally staged, a false flag operation intended to fan the flames of civil unrest in the Trump presidency.

14 posted on 08/20/2017 11:38:19 AM PDT by SamAdams76

Maybe the Dershowitz Family wants a safe space where they can travel without having to see any anti-semetic signs, what snowflakes! :smug:

quote:

the banners upset her, her husband Michael, and their children

Oh, dear. Bless your snowflake hearts.

17 posted on 08/20/2017 11:49:58 AM PDT by sparklite2 (I'm less interested in the rights I have than the liberties I can take.)

quote:

Well given the “Eclipse Whitey” that would not be evil right-wingers, sounds like radical black hativists.

21 posted on 08/20/2017 12:30:47 PM PDT by Enchante (Searching throughout the country for one honest Democrat....)

quote:

South of Eugene, the lib mecca of the world.

Then near Salem which is very close to Portland.

I think false flag.

28 posted on 08/20/2017 1:23:18 PM PDT by MarMema

quote:

That’s Oregone for you. One of the most demonicRATic states in The Union.

31 posted on 08/20/2017 1:26:50 PM PDT by Texas Eagle (If it wasn't for double-standards, Liberals would have no standards at all -- Texas Eagle)

quote:

To: VR-21

Even the most violent JDLer will let an anti-Semite alone after he falls boom on the floor and apologizes for what he said to the rabbi. Muslims? See Dearbourne, MI, or Paris, France.

40 posted on 08/20/2017 6:22:26 PM PDT by Eleutheria5 (“If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jagged Jim posted:

Move to eastern side of the state; You get all the benefits of a not completely insane state government and can be as big of a raging conservative rear end in a top hat as you want.
Maybe we shouldn't be encouraging immigration over there. Maybe with a wall.

Here's Evangelical students returning university diplomas to protest Trump posted by freeper rstark56

In specific, it's diplomas from the fundamentalist Christian Liberty University. Ah, fundies. Haven't thought of that term in a while. I wonder if FSTDT is still going.

"Yes yes, dear, that's nice, but here let me talk about Islam."

quote:

To: rstark56

The leftist/progressive state that the protests against Confederate Memorials and for their removal are for two main reasons

1. They were traitorous rebels who seceded from the union

2. They supported slavery

Yet these same leftist/progressives grandly and publicly support:

1. The California secessionist movement (Calexit)

2. Islam

To include the founder, Mohamed, who was a slave hunter, slave trader, sex slave trader and child slave trader.

To include the “holy” books (Koran and Hadith) of Islam which have specific holy instructions on how to take slaves, how to trade slaves, how to keep slaves and how to rape slaves.

Why are there no protests at Calexit meetings and at Mosques? Why are leftist/progressive so supportive of these secessionist and slavery movements?

We all know the reasons.

These protests and their largely sympathetic press coverage have nothing to do with “healing” or “cleansing our past of sins” or “Slavery” or “secessionists.”

They are temper tantrums and a way to delegitimize to the legally elected president.

3 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:24:10 PM by 2banana (My common ground with terrorists - they want to die for islam and we want to kill them)

Is there a special term for third-party use of sour grapes?

quote:

The diplomas were probably useless anyway? I bet they’re all Starbucks Baristas.

4 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:24:40 PM by Greetings_Puny_Humans (I mostly come out at night... mostly.)

I'm half way between a gently caress YOU and :drat:

quote:

I better get back to my Bible. I missed the part about the virtue of attention whoring.

7 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:32:38 PM by Entropy Squared (The Rush to Chaos)

quote:

To: Rastus

Falwell needs to hand this coterie copies of Rules for Radicals and Booker T’s Up From Slavery then tell the pups to come back after they are done reading.

8 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:35:37 PM by magna carta

Freep thread, I have a confession to make. I couldn't remember which of freep's favorite people wrote Rules for Radicals so I had to look it up. Here's a bit of Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals posted:

Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals is the last book published in 1971 by activist and writer Saul D. Alinsky shortly before his death. His goal for the Rules for Radicals was to create a guide for future community organizers to use in uniting low-income communities, or "Have-Nots", in order for them to gain social, political, legal, and economic power.
Somehow I have never before actually understood "community organizer" to have any other meaning than the plain words. I finally understand why freep uses it as hate speech.

So uh which march please?

quote:

To: Rastus

so this is probably what? About no more than 20 of them, and they now gain national attention meanwhile thousands march to show support for this country and the President, and not a peep from the media.

9 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:37:59 PM by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)

Freepers:

quote:

The left has mastered mind control. They have turned “Trump” into racist. This is to block him from carrying out any part of his agenda.

11 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:42:36 PM by I want the USA back (Lying Media: completely irresponsible. Complicit in the destruction of this country.)

Post fifteen is someone quoting the entirety of the lengthy rant in post 3 and adding "Good points!" Never change, internet forums.

I'm going to need to go back and see who else is writing Trump fanfic.

quote:

To: 2banana

I hope when trump starts he national address tomorrow I hope he leads off with this:

quote:

there has been a large amount of chatter addressed to me by a group of naysayers who entire life is run by doing nothing about issues except criticism. They are detestable traitors to the people they represent and to the nation which deserves more from its legislators than a pack of swamp critters. They have stalled my agenda the one the people voted for a status quo morass by highlighting unimportant issues and misdirection. Let them hear from you if you agree with me. This constant negative drone must stop for you the people to get what you want.

Now some are expecting me to reexplain my comments on the protest issues. I have stated them at least three times to date and do not intend to dwell in the past on a non issue. I am expecting the senate to get rid of o care as they said they would. I expect the house to pass a tax cut by the end of this fiscal year. I expect both houses to have a budget passed by September 15th because there will be no continuing resolution this year. When one has a priority they don’t take a month off.
16 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:44:13 PM by Mouton (The MSM is a clear and present danger to the republic.)

:psyduck:

quote:

Who cares, you don’t actually need the diploma for anything.

17 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:44:59 PM by wrcase

Oh my god are you kidding me

quote:

The media shoot be closed for failure to EVER put anything in context, refusing to EVER use one word - some.

Why do they do that?

Always, to convey the impressions of a sum than is greater than the sum that is actually behind the reported information.

The reader is supposed to read “evangelicals” and the method of reporting is to convey a pretense that it is “the” evangelicals” as in all or a majority.

19 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:48:47 PM by Wuli

... zero?

quote:

Mass Hysteria run amok

Anyone know of a list of reasonable politicians and pundits who have defended Trumps “very fine people” statement?

21 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:49:41 PM by ReaganGeneration2

No, you wouldn't even take them seriously even then. You'd laugh in delight and make jokes.

quote:

News flash to the “protesters”.

No one’s gonna take you seriously until you douse yourself with gasoline and light yourself on fire.

23 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:51:29 PM by Grimmy (equivocation is but the first step along the road to capitulation)

Oh god, they noticed that, and I missed the thread!?

quote:

Let me guess. The first letters of the first six paragraphs in this missive spell R-E-S-I-S-T, right?

24 posted on 8/20/2017, 2:53:31 PM by Tolerance Sucks Rocks (April 2006 Message from Dan hxxp://www.dansimmons.com/news/message/2006_04.htm

quote:

To: ChildOfThe60s

It’s akin to John F’n Kerry chucking “his” medals over the wall.

29 posted on 8/20/2017, 3:02:44 PM by Lurkina.n.Learnin (I'm tired of the Cult of Clinton. Wish she would just pass out the Koolaide)

I'm surprised it took this long.

quote:

Little pissants

Not very good Christians

36 posted on 8/20/2017, 3:30:44 PM by Nifster (I see puppy dogs in the clouds)

February 2017 regdate. I'm invoking Poe's Law. It's too perfect to be real.

quote:

To: wrcase

Considering that Liberty University is a Christian College, it makes me sic to think they do not understand that the left is using people, and lying, manipulating, and desecrating history to make Trump look bad! Why? Because they get paid by George Soros to act that way!

Remember the old Jesse Jackson ‘rent a mobs’? Well, its more than fried chicken now to get them off their lazy rear ends! The last bunch are terrorist protesters who are violent and need to be arrested. The right to assemble PEACEFULLY, and FREE SPEECH are not at risk, but the right to oppose Communist/Marxists and Evil are!

40 posted on 8/20/2017, 3:59:39 PM by Ambrosia

Proof that Jerry Falwell was a source of evil in this world, and his son is no better.

quote:

To: SkyDancer

GREAT School... worthless 20 students.
It was Jerry Falwell Jr who came along side
Trump when alot of us Evangelicals had at first backed away..
me included. After watching and listening
more to Trump’s agenda, I agreed, and voted
for him. I support him 100% now, but
don’t knock Jerry Falwell and the school.

47 posted on 8/20/2017, 5:04:20 PM by pollywog (" O thou who changest not....ABIDE with me")

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Remember Freep predicting that "the blacks" would turn out in droves to vote for Trump "because he's a playa"?

Fake Edit: Big Pun (1998)

https://youtu.be/aRBHlMoE7x8

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The best freep is when big business squashes their dumb bullshit fundy laws.

:freep:: "More money = better than" "money = speech" "corporations are people, my friend" "Job Creators have a god given right to pay congress unlimited amounts of money to pass the laws they want"

also :freep:: "what, why do corporations count more to the government than we do :cry:"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

VitalSigns posted:

The best freep is when big business squashes their dumb bullshit fundy laws.

:freep:: "More money = better than" "money = speech" "corporations are people, my friend" "Job Creators have a god given right to pay congress unlimited amounts of money to pass the laws they want"

also :freep:: "what, why do corporations count more to the government than we do :cry:"

It's because they assume big businesses on their side. Which is not true. Big business is on their own side and does not give a gently caress about them. Big business might line up with them on economic issues but only because their view of economic issues is make the rich richer because Reagan fed them a lie that they gladly swallowed. On social issues, big business is probably privately conservative but since the Liberals won the cultural War they will act and support liberal policy because that gets the more money through positive PR.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Is liberty U the one where you get expelled for fornication if you're raped? Or was that byu?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Gee Mikey, as recently as a half-century ago!

quote:

Mike Huckabee to Trump: Make Democrats 'eat' the fact they erected many Confederate monuments
8/21/2017, 1:05:34 AM · by ForYourChildren · 11 replies
Washington Examiner ^ | 08/20/2017 | Naomi Lim

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee said Sunday that President Trump should make "Democrats eat the fact" they erected many of the Confederate monuments they are now saying should be removed. "Let's make the Democrats eat the fact that it was Democrats who built those statues," Huckabee told Fox News on "Sunday Morning Futures." Huckabee accused Democrats of resisting racial equality "all the way up through" the 1960s and called on them to stop hosting "Jefferson-Jackson Dinners" because they celebrate slave-owning presidents. Democratic organizations routinely hold the dinners, which honor the party's co-founders, as fundraising opportunities. "Let's make them remember their...

Has "Democrats are the real racists" ever convinced more than a half-dozen minority Americans to join the GOP?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ And now democrats are taking them down. you'd think freep would see this as a win rather than "Muh history"

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Remember Freep predicting that "the blacks" would turn out in droves to vote for Trump "because he's a playa"?

Fake Edit: Big Pun (1998)

https://youtu.be/aRBHlMoE7x8

And now even freep's "own team" is turning its back on Trump

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 21, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mustached Demon posted:

Is liberty U the one where you get expelled for fornication if you're raped? Or was that byu?

It's Liberty. And also Pensacola Christian College.

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/898980084920483846

Pensacola Christian College is the one this guy was going to. They expelled him.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's really weird how the logic at these colleges is the exact same as those villages in Afghanistan where they stone women for being raped.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Radish posted:

It's really weird how the logic at these colleges is the exact same as those villages in Afghanistan where they stone women for being raped.

It's one of the great ironies, really. Fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims have far more in common than they have in difference.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Cythereal posted:

It's one of the great ironies, really. Fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims have far more in common than they have in difference.
I remember this being recognized pre-9/11, with subsequent discrimination/hate crimes moving American Muslims leftward...?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Turns out that lovely theocrats are more or less equally lovely regardless of the particular flavour.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, good thing Trump brought freep so much winning, right?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chortles posted:

I remember this being recognized pre-9/11, with subsequent discrimination/hate crimes moving American Muslims leftward...?

Yup. Muslims used to be a very reliable Republican voting bloc. Similar social values, often well educated and wealthy, and well above average tendency to vote. After 9/11, Muslims quickly became a reliable Democrat voting bloc.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cythereal posted:

Yup. Muslims used to be a very reliable Republican voting bloc. Similar social values, often well educated and wealthy, and well above average tendency to vote. After 9/11, Muslims quickly became a reliable Democrat voting bloc.
Yeah, lots of American muslims were immigrants from conflict-ridden countries like 1980s Lebanon and Iran, and they tended to be middle/merchant class (i.e. the sort of people with the resources to GTFO and relocate to the other side of the world) and thus socially conservative and pro-business. I grew up in a city that had a sudden influx of well-to-do Iranians in 1979, for instance.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Re Trump's speech this morning:

quote:

Trump is always right if you are pro-USA. If you are a globalist, you are seldom going to like what Trump says.

3 posted on 8/21/2017, 8:51:22 AM by entropy12 (Why Republicans woo & pursue people who will never vote for them (liberals & media) ?)

quote:

He wasn’t “inartful” (which is NOT a word). He was blunt and truthful. I like that in a person.

10 posted on 8/21/2017, 9:23:47 AM by madison10 (Pray for President Trump and Israel.)

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
The Trump administration just disbanded a federal advisory committee on climate change
Washington Post ^ | Aug. 20, 2017 | Juliet Eilperin
Posted on 8/20/2017, 11:53:57 PM by Innovative

The Trump administration has decided to disband the federal advisory panel for the National Climate Assessment, a group aimed at helping policymakers and private-sector officials incorporate the government’s climate analysis into long-term planning.

quote:

It’s wonderful having the grown-ups in charge!

3 posted on 8/20/2017, 11:56:50 PM by lightman (ANTIFA is full of Bolshevik.)

To: Innovative
Another money saving move. We taxpayers thank you, Mr President.

4 posted on 8/20/2017, 11:56:53 PM by txrefugee (.)
LOL! Just when they think they’re getting under his skin...BOOM!...He makes their heads explode.

9 posted on 8/21/2017, 12:04:01 AM by lewislynn ( Transgender: A person who thinks s/he's wrong side out.)
Thank you President Trump, for saving more of our tax dollars! My advice of climate analysis for long-term planning - invest on a couple umbrellas and suntan lotion... and use common sense. Save our taxes from being spent by fools.

17 posted on 8/21/2017, 12:25:19 AM by roadcat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Climate change denial is the purest form of FYGM.