Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

In what world is Mario not the best plumber?

Really needed to use Luigi for the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What loving Stop Payment fee?
Just Void the goddamn check.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Quoting from a few pages back because I remember, and I refuse to let the thread forget.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

What loving Stop Payment fee?
Just Void the goddamn check.

That only works if he still has the check, in which case he wouldn't have to ask for a new one.

The real question is why he isn't getting direct deposit or a dumbass payment card in 2017

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

WindyMan posted:

Quoting from a few pages back because I remember, and I refuse to let the thread forget.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if anyone noticed. :shobon:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (November 4, 1995)

...and that's the end of 1995 in the GC archives. Tomorrow: 1996.

Garfield Classic (November 4, 1985)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

One of these things is not like the others.

Seriously, who the hell knew Gorbachev was some drat cool.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Edge of a Three-Hour Tour

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

well, someone join it on facebook.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Is this the same art from one of the previous "Gwen's Blog" strips? The weird neck-breaking poses look familiar.

Ah, that brings me back. In a bad way. God I hated those training materials/corporate pushes to engage with customers as much as possible. I remember one about using conversational lead-ins like "so I heard it was gonna rain today" or "I'm going on vacation soon, got any recommendations on where to go" to begin your customer interactions.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (June 23, 1930)

Peanuts (August 24, 1970)

Sally Forth

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (October 8-9, 1930)

(Thimble Theater) STARRING POPEYE (March 11, 1931)

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Evil Mastermind posted:

Ah, that brings me back. In a bad way. God I hated those training materials/corporate pushes to engage with customers as much as possible. I remember one about using conversational lead-ins like "so I heard it was gonna rain today" or "I'm going on vacation soon, got any recommendations on where to go" to begin your customer interactions.

It's shoplifting prevention. If you constantly stalk customers, they won't be able to steal anything.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is this the same art from one of the previous "Gwen's Blog" strips? The weird neck-breaking poses look familiar.

I stopped shopping at Publix because they won't leave me the gently caress alone. Get your drat hands off my cart, I can push it myself!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Four months ago to the day.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2002 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

:allears:

Tina's Groove

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Ali's House

Lucky Cow

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Haifisch posted:

2002 Spiderman

God, even for this strip this is is loving stupid. You just saw Peter wearing that exact same outfit less than a minute ago! :argh:

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Richard's Poor Almanac

Spirit of the Staircase

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Back to B.C.

Random Acts of Nancy

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

And that was Calvin and Hobbes.

It was a great way to end it, but I still get a little wistful whenever that one comes up.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Sezza posted:

Thanks. I wasn't sure if anyone noticed. :shobon:
I remember the Cup Saga, and I enjoyed the edit. I just wish I had done it myself.

Synthbuttrange posted:

well, someone join it on facebook.
I check it fairly regularly. Pretty much all James Allen does with it is post Mark Trail. He doesn't even post EoA.

I guess it could be you have to join it for more content or something but I doubt it.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

What, is Dr Ned living in his parents' basement?

The Phantom

Phantom's been pretty boring for a while, but there have been some pretty badass panels lately.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"I mean sure a young mother will die horribly leaving behind an orphaned toddler who will never even remember what she looks or sounds like, but the real issue is there will be more kids than adults here!"

Apartment 3-G

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

"Does this look infected?" hasn't been on for a while.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

Phantom's been pretty boring for a while, but there have been some pretty badass panels lately.
DuPaul is leaving, on bad terms as I understand, and is phoning it in in a major way, and I guess Manley feels an obligation to pick up the slack.

e: good riddance, in my opinion

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

My Lovely Horse posted:

DuPaul is leaving, on bad terms as I understand, and is phoning it in in a major way, and I guess Manley feels an obligation to pick up the slack.

e: good riddance, in my opinion
Yeah I remember someone posted some article about that. They're looking to make a movie and his contract was never work for hire so he thinks they're trying to screw him or something. From what he said he might have a legal argument there but I don't know because I'm not a lawyer.

BC

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis

Baby Blues

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Would it be taking your service for granted if I pointed out that you're missing Wallace the Brave from Vargo's lineup? :shobon:

Actually I might as well put my money where my mouth is, here's the last two:

Should have gone with Fanny Flambeaux.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

What, is Dr Ned living in his parents' basement?
He's cheating on his wife.

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah I remember someone posted some article about that. They're looking to make a movie and his contract was never work for hire so he thinks they're trying to screw him or something. From what he said he might have a legal argument there but I don't know because I'm not a lawyer.
King Features apparently found out he wasn't under contract so they tried to strongarm him into signing one that would have retroactively made all of his stories work-for-hire and therefore cut him out of any profits of a tv or movie using any of his work, which is almost 3 decades of Phantom stories and characters.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
So, one year of awesome Pirate lady and 29 years of boring smugness?

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, one year of awesome Pirate lady and 29 years of boring smugness?

When Phantom's good it's loving great, but drat does that strip need some pacing work.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Fingerpori

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Walker posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Curtis

Baby Blues

Newspaper comics: the only place in the country where school still starts in September.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
It Was Only a Dream Midsummer Day Dreams(click for huge)

And He Did. (January, 1917)

Outbursts of Everett True (March, 1917)

Doings of the Duffs. (December, 1918, click for big)

Fritzi Ritz (November, 1922, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (November, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (November, 1940, click for big)

Dick Tracy (March, 1941, click for big)

Mopsy (April, 1941)

Archie (April, 1956, click for big)

Marmaduke (July, 1959)

Mr. Tweedy (August, 1970, click for big)

Feiffer (1974, click for big)

Andy Capp (January, 1972, click for big)

Wee Pals (March, 1972, click for big)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Look at these two buying textbooks from the campus store like a scrub. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Newspaper comics: the only place in the country where school still starts in September.

Starts the Tuesday after labor day where I'm at. :shrug:

• Locked thread